As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Boring Title] Comics Shipping 10/31/2007

2»

• Options
    SeravenSeraven Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Buckwolfe wrote: »
    Bad Karma wrote: »

JUL073277 MOUSE GUARD WINTER 1152 #2 (OF 6) $3.50

JUN073247 SECRET HISTORY BOOK FOUR (MR) $5.95
    APR073389 SECRET HISTORY BOOK THREE (MR) $5.95

Were the third and fourth issues of Secret History any good? I ended up purchasing the first two issues, but was still too much on the fence to bother investing in the rest of the series. Living in Canada kind of sucks for the whole exchange rate fiasco... even if our dollar's more powerful now.

Seraven on
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Zeromus wrote: »
    So considering what a big deal Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul is supposed to be, not to mention that Grant Morrison is the writer, would it have killed DC to get a better artist for Batman? It wasn't particularly bad, but definitely not quite what I would've expected.

That said, the issue was pretty good. Certainly got rather interesting towards the end.

Tony Daniel is a fantastic artist, and has gotten a lot better since his Teen Titans and Flash work.

Batman is in good, reliable hands.

I mean

I think fantastic is a bit much.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So considering what a big deal Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul is supposed to be, not to mention that Grant Morrison is the writer, would it have killed DC to get a better artist for Batman? It wasn't particularly bad, but definitely not quite what I would've expected.

That said, the issue was pretty good. Certainly got rather interesting towards the end.

Tony Daniel is a fantastic artist, and has gotten a lot better since his Teen Titans and Flash work.

Batman is in good, reliable hands.

I mean

I think fantastic is a bit much.

Look at his pencils, and then look at his pencils after they've been inked by someone else. Daniel is great, though currently has a less than equal inker.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, the pencils on the Newsarama preview are great

Then the inks and colors give it a completely different feel

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    normal_daniel-resurrection_ad.jpg

... Yeah, that is fantastic.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Dayum.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Messiah Complex. Maybe.

Very light week.

ben0207 on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2007
    So light you didn't even notice it until the week after

Garlic Bread on