As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa: Proxy says, "See ya next year!"

• QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    I forgot to say that @Noizlanif ALSO got me Crysis 2 and Cities in Motion 2. I've been a lucky little santee this year. Thanks again!

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Kendrik wrote: »
    noir_blood wrote: »
    So I haven't heard from my Santa. I'm just going to assume that's because they're still working on the perfect Christmas gift for me.

Like my father's love.

Don't you worry, @noir_blood , we don't take kindly to deadbeats around these parts... ;)

I've participated in this for five years (!) and never had a deadbeat Santa, so I'm not too worry. And in the slim chance it happens, I honestly have as much fun looking through the posts and hanging out here as receiving gifts, so it's all good.

• TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Giftget.gif

Over the Christmas break I got a Steam gift from Santa @testsubject23, with a game I'd been wanting since October!
    h1gb1Br.jpg

There also a physical package on the way, which I'm excited for!

@darunia106 Glad you liked the Neo Geo bundle. I felt really bad about the package not arriving on time and wanted you to have something for the holidays.

Edit - Santa's package arrived! I'm currently taking pictures and will post later.

Turkey on
  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    So, Santa, I'm going out of town on the 29th and won't be back till after the New Year. Hopefully things work out.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Giftget.gif

Secret Santa just hit me with a load of games!

Bout to head out the door right now so i'll post the screenshots!
    apb81cr0f5q3.jpg

Been looking forward to playing these ones and my recent interest in SWTOR has made me want to play some of the older games!

But I think that might have to wait for me to finish up this..
    qsqessmfpk1k.jpg

I think.. and this is a hunch, my secret santa is @vegeta_666.

Thank you very much! This is my first Secret Santa, and this has been very fun, thank you again!

Noizlanif on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    So I haven't heard from my Santa. I'm just going to assume that's because they're still working on the perfect Christmas gift for me.

Like my father's love.

Don't you worry, @noir_blood , we don't take kindly to deadbeats around these parts... ;)

I've participated in this for five years (!) and never had a deadbeat Santa, so I'm not too worry. And in the slim chance it happens, I honestly have as much fun looking through the posts and hanging out here as receiving gifts, so it's all good.

Same. Oddly, my gift always seems to arrive the day after I send mine out. speaking of which, I believe it's at my apartment office but I can't pick it up til tomorrow.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    @Noizlanif there's a 1080p 'fix' for republic commando. I don't remember what it was exactly, but it's quick and worth googling. On my phone otherwise I'd send you the info.

Love that game

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Giftget.gif

I got the second half of my stuff!

XM5alBi.jpg?1
    Hmmmmmmmmmm a box o stuff and a card!

(No image of the card, but deft use of pen scratching to make a card read "post history" instead of "internet comments"(I think) for quite the sensible chuckle! Also a very nice personal message from my Santa)

AK1nOAA.jpg?2

2 blocks of nice cheese, and a can of maple syrup! Awesome I can't wait to break these out with some crackers, and have some pancakes :D

The real shining light of the package though:
    Olq30KY.jpg?3
    MEATZ! I've had venison before and like it alright, but I have never had elk and am super excited to try it out!

I've been getting more and more into cooking lately so this was a great gift. I am thinking of splitting up the elk, and doing shepards pie, and tacos with them. I am thinking the venison will get turned into burgers.

@Shadowfire Thank you for all these lovely gifts! I'm really looking forward, mouth watering, to try them out!

edit: Had to fix the meatz! picture.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    ue5cocv5e1dw.gif[/spoiler]

I'm finally home from visiting family in Iowa for Christmas! Love em to death, but family in small doses is key...

My gift came from Germany! One of my and my wife's favorite places on this planet!

Here is the letter from my Secret Santa @spookymuffin
    bcymepw3l2h9.jpg

Next up we have the Weinachtszeit which I'm scared to take out of the box for fear that my kids will ruin it :)
    zunzupst8vka.jpg

Then some awesome spice to make my own Gluhwein and incense to make the Weinachtszeit spin!
    nkcuctlpsdhd.jpg

Last, but not least is a WHOLE box of Kinder Happy Hippos.
    I had no idea what they were, but when I said what was in the box to my wife she lit up and called dibs on the box :)
    rdj0htfwtbp5.jpg

Thanks for the gifts @spookymuffin and I'm happy I have decent neighbors that won't steal a box that was sitting in front of my house for 5 days!

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Wait, why is this thread in First Order Festivus?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    They all are. It will get transferred back sometime in the next few hours I'm sure.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Bloodycow wrote: »

I'm finally home from visiting family in Iowa for Christmas! Love em to death, but family in small doses is key...

My gift came from Germany! One of my and my wife's favorite places on this planet!

bcymepw3l2h9.jpg

Next up we have the Weinachtszeit which I'm scared to take out of the box for fear that my kids will ruin it :)
    zunzupst8vka.jpg

Then some awesome spice to make my own Gluhwein and incense to make the Weinachtszeit spin!
    nkcuctlpsdhd.jpg

I had no idea what they were, but when I said what was in the box to my wife she lit up and called dibs on the box :)
    rdj0htfwtbp5.jpg

Thanks for the gifts @spookymuffin and I'm happy I have decent neighbors that won't steal a box that was sitting in front of my house for 5 days!

@Bloodycow you should hide the shit out of those happy hippos. The best thing ever.

PSN: jfrofl
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Not that I don't appreciate all my Santas over the years, because I definitely do, but all my Santas have been stateside like myself

I'm hoping for an international Santa one day to send me foreign treats and chocolates

• grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    EvilBadman wrote: »

Like my father's love.

Same. Oddly, my gift always seems to arrive the day after I send mine out. speaking of which, I believe it's at my apartment office but I can't pick it up til tomorrow.

because santa likes to make sure you sent you gift :P ; )

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Bloodycow wrote: »

bcymepw3l2h9.jpg

zunzupst8vka.jpg

nkcuctlpsdhd.jpg

rdj0htfwtbp5.jpg

I'm glad they made it to you! I PMed Proxy with a message to deliver, but I guess it didn't find its way to you in time.

Make sure you get at least one of those hippos, they're effing amazing!

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Ah, here you are thread. I was lucky and got more gifts. Now that I've found the thread I'll will post pictures when I get home.

• never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Santee, I wait for thee.

Same here. All I've gotten for Christmas so far was a few weird questions from Santa, and this sick cough (probably from my mother and not from Santa)

steam_sig.png

edited December 2015
    Giftget.gif

XM5alBi.jpg?1

(No image of the card, but deft use of pen scratching to make a card read "post history" instead of "internet comments"(I think) for quite the sensible chuckle! Also a very nice personal message from my Santa)

AK1nOAA.jpg?2

2 blocks of nice cheese, and a can of maple syrup! Awesome I can't wait to break these out with some crackers, and have some pancakes :D

Olq30KY.jpg?3
    MEATZ! I've had venison before and like it alright, but I have never had elk and am super excited to try it out!

I've been getting more and more into cooking lately so this was a great gift. I am thinking of splitting up the elk, and doing shepards pie, and tacos with them. I am thinking the venison will get turned into burgers.

@Shadowfire Thank you for all these lovely gifts! I'm really looking forward, mouth watering, to try them out!

Elk is... extremely lean. I've never thought of shepards pie for it, but make sure whatever you do you're adding some fat. For instance, if you made chili with it, add bacon and/or some good ribs to the mix. Otherwise the taste can be super gamey.

Venison burgers are good. I was hoping to get some better meats, but the people I know who usually have meat for sale had none, so I couldn't get cubed venison, venison sausage, bear, or anything else I wanted. But I'm glad you like what I was able to get!

And I wasn't kidding about that maple syrup being "Vermont Marinade." It's great for cooking meats in (though I'm not sure about actually marinating anything with it). And if you need more, I have a few easy/cheap sources.

Shadowfire on
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Venison, hands down, makes the best jerky in the world.

• BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    The best!

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    The last box of holiday goodness arrived in the middle of a snow storm. I got a new book to read, a new show to watch, candy and some of the best chocolate chip cookies ever!

I should add the picture is short 4 cookies and truffles for...reasons...

Thanks again @Madpoet!8lh5gnchpqp3.jpg
    1jo99ogod34o.jpg

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Rick and Morty is one of the best shows to come out in the last few years. I love it so much.

• testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Turkey wrote: »
    Giftget.gif

Over the Christmas break I got a Steam gift from Santa @testsubject23, with a game I'd been wanting since October!
    h1gb1Br.jpg

There also a physical package on the way, which I'm excited for!

@darunia106 Glad you liked the Neo Geo bundle. I felt really bad about the package not arriving on time and wanted you to have something for the holidays.

Edit - Santa's package arrived! I'm currently taking pictures and will post later.

Oops, almost missed this. I hope you enjoy The Paaaaark. A one-item Steam wishlist was too much for me to resist. Did the package arrive intact?

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Giftget.gif

XM5alBi.jpg?1

AK1nOAA.jpg?2

Olq30KY.jpg?3

Shadowfire Thank you for all these lovely gifts! I'm really looking forward, mouth watering, to try them out!

Elk is... extremely lean. I've never thought of shepards pie for it, but make sure whatever you do you're adding some fat. For instance, if you made chili with it, add bacon and/or some good ribs to the mix. Otherwise the taste can be super gamey.

Venison burgers are good. I was hoping to get some better meats, but the people I know who usually have meat for sale had none, so I couldn't get cubed venison, venison sausage, bear, or anything else I wanted. But I'm glad you like what I was able to get!

And I wasn't kidding about that maple syrup being "Vermont Marinade." It's great for cooking meats in (though I'm not sure about actually marinating anything with it). And if you need more, I have a few easy/cheap sources.

I love trying new stuff meat wise(just not fish), so the elk is right up my alley! I've had venison a couple of times, but havent cooked it so that should be fun.

I have to use the syrup sparingly. A tablespoon in a dietary sense is equivalent to eating 2 sandwiches. I can include it as sweetener in sauces and use a little bit in pancakes, but I wouldnt straight up be able to cook with a lot of it. It will last me a while and I'll share it with friends on a food day. I make some bitchin peach pancakes. :)

Yeah I read up about adding fat, I found an elk recipe for shepards pie, and it didnt include any extra fats, but I was thinking I might try to do so anyways. I thought it was because it would go crumbly(which is ok for SP). Didn't know the flavor would be more gamey because of it. That or do a meatloaf with pork mixed in. I gotta get the final ingredients tonight, going to do it for new years. I'll post pictures.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Hmm. My presents got to my Santee on December 21st. I really hope that they are alright... They haven't logged in since the 23rd.

• GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Giftget.gif

@Custom Special Just gifted me DMC!

DMC_zpsuwx19qin.png

I LOVE this game. I have it on PS3, but only when my ps+ is active so I've really been wanting a copy of my own. Thank you, classy, classy bastar....goose!

Happy New Year!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Well I came home to a package today. It had a nice card and a wrapped gift...for kids?
    Turns out my Santa unknowingly ordered a used copy of Owly for my kiddos on his first try. So he decided to rectify the "error" by sending us 4 brand new Owly books!
    Our daughter really liked the first one we got and I was planning on picking up some others later down the road, but now that's been done for me!
    463109gezdkc.jpg

Thanks again @Delduwath!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Every day I walk up to an empty porch, I die a little more inside.

Have we had to use Easter Bunnies in the last couple years? I feel like we've had a pretty good track record.

Doesn't look like I signed up to be an Easter Bunny, but consider me volunteering.

• KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Have we had to use Easter Bunnies in the last couple years? I feel like we've had a pretty good track record.

Doesn't look like I signed up to be an Easter Bunny, but consider me volunteering.

I can't remember if I signed up, but feel free to add me to the "extras" list. :)

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2015

Check PMs.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Package shows as delivered but I haven't heard word from Santee. Hope everything is ok.

• KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Gifts are here...since last week. Just finally had a chance to actually crack them open so I guess it really was a belated Christmas for me. Pictures will be up shortly.

• ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Super long trip, hectic schedule. I just needed to pop in here and say YO YES GIFT GET, I GOT IT, IT'S COOL, SANTA, YOU'RE GOOD, MUCH LOVE.

Pictures have been taken, but it's 12:30 AM where I am, long day of work, I will post the official post with pictures tomorrow after my dentist appointment.

This is the busiest goddamn holiday.

• ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Package shows as delivered but I haven't heard word from Santee. Hope everything is ok.

Oh hey, that's you. Yeah, everything's fine, I just had two cities to visit during break, a sick cat to deliver to the vet and then pick up after the trip, and then had to cover a shift today. Your gifts are great, just oh god, no time to do much of anything other than sleep and run around, sorry. =/

• grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    EvilBadman wrote: »

Check PMs.

@EvilBadman post your gift!

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
    steam_sig.png

Imperfect wrote: »
    Super long trip, hectic schedule. I just needed to pop in here and say YO YES GIFT GET, I GOT IT, IT'S COOL, SANTA, YOU'RE GOOD, MUCH LOVE.

Pictures have been taken, but it's 12:30 AM where I am, long day of work, I will post the official post with pictures tomorrow after my dentist appointment.

This is the busiest goddamn holiday.

Just glad they arrived. And, hey.. You had said you expected to be home on the 28th and I shipped them PERFECTLY to arrive on the 28th. How cool is that?!?! A perfect delivery to Imperfect.