As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Double Secret Boxes (update: YOU WERE NOT PREPARED!)

• Count3DCount3D Count Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    Did the Canadian Merch come in a padded envelope or box?

Mine came in a box. I ordered a few other Arma blind boxes with it.

• LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    ^ lolwut

They sent the sorry merches out in bubble envelopes @fishfishmonkeyhat

Lazorz wrote: »
    ^ lolwut

They sent the sorry merches out in bubble envelopes @fishfishmonkeyhat

I thought he was referring to general DSBs, not the apology merches.

• KurpavKurpav Registered User regular
    Thanks to @skeller for sending out three of his own DSBs to help me save Christmas. As promised, here is Fin's unboxing video: Fin's Pins!

Box 1: Gabe Marley, 80s Tycho
    Box 2: Tiny Div, Lookouts 1
    Box 3: Kemper Ghost, Lookouts 3

Apologies for the potato phone vid.

On the Hunt: Star Trek, Gold Overwatch, Glitch
    Check 'em: My Pins!
  • SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Looks like @Lazorz needs to make a trade with you Senno

always welcome to trades.

• Squire_PugSquire_Pug Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    And the Australians join the fray with my delivery of the December run of DSB's...and it appears that my Christmas wishes have been granted!

https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/r9/9p84u0mzozxa.jpg

A DSB Merch has been bestowed upon myself and for this we give praise to the prepared!

The two unopened boxes are going to my VERY patient Pinny Secret Santa...

Christmas Bonus merch came with this order, but not the earlier one, aside from DSB Merch the only other pin I didn't have was the staff hobby one.

zerzhul on
    Senno wrote: »
    Got my box today - which I really needed, as it hasn't been a good day. The images are above 500kb, so you'll have to click to see them. Sorry for the poor quality.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/vw/gawgf7lzre81.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/d1/wah4rdivmbsy.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/ia/omrznv5fzo1h.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/mv/uee966zyxch6.jpg
    Yes, I did get a DSB Merch. Am excited.

Updated my pinnypals collection. This round of DSB really did me well. Out of the 24 pins, 11 were new to me, including the DSB merch. Filled a few holes in my collection. Awesome. :)

• vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Has anyone in Australia got a 'we're sorry' letter and dsb?

I got a box with DSB Merch in it, so no need for apology letter, maybe AU orders weren't messed up?

did you get a set as well Squire Pug?

one of the pin sets. you are talking about DSBs ordered on Thanksgiving right?

Here are my pulls from Thanksgiving: 7 boxes bought with an individual pin, no sets.
    Box 1: Lookout Logo, Pax Prime 15 Logo
    Box 2:Zombie Tycho (2013), Omin Dran
    Box 3: Div 2.0, 80's Tycho
    Box 4: Catsby, Tycho Front Sketch
    Box 5: Khoo Hobby, Gabe 2.0
    Box 6: Tycho 2.0, PNW Tycho
    Box 7: AI Logo, Blond Lookout

In summary: not a single LE, rare or semi rare pin, No 2013 pax pins.
    what a waste of almost $200 AUD, ah well.

My December pulls - 8 boxes with nothing else
    Box 1:PNW Gabe, Lookouts 3
    Box 2: Elf Tycho, Pax Prime 15 Logo
    Box 3: PNW Tycho, South Badge Gabe
    Box 4: Tycho 2.0, Core Tycho (2012)
    Box 5: Omin Dran, Elf Tycho
    Box 6: Balloon Man, Fruit Fkr
    Box 7: Currupted Garruck, Pax East 2015 Logo
    Box 8: Merch 2, Twitch

sigh... a little better than Thanksgiving but still not flash. Well, at least I have some fodder for Aus 2016 I guess.

I did two orders, one on thanksgiving, that was too late for DSB, but i got a case of Arma, Christmas Set, 2 x enfu set and some weedonwantcha pins I had missed. No Bonus Christmas Merch.

The second order was purely for 12 x DSB, nothing else, but did come with Bonus Christmas Merch.

it was the thanksgiving dsbs without a set that seem to be getting the sorry letters and blind merch.

• skellerskeller San DiegoRegistered User regular
    vonhist wrote: »
    it was the thanksgiving dsbs without a set that seem to be getting the sorry letters and blind merch.

I actually think it's all Thanksgiving DSB orders -- I got DSBs plus Xmas set (and got a Blind Merch in my DSBs) and received the sorry letter with a Blind Merch.

• OpSteelOpSteel neighbor of the village pindiot Fort Worth TEXASRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    From what it seems, it is only the first sets of Thanksgiving DSBs mailed out that are getting the apology letters. They figured out what they did mid run. That is why there is the high percentage of Blind Merches in the sets sent with other merchandise. If you were in the first wave or so mailed out, you had no chance at a blind, hence the apology letter. Obviously we are not sure which wave international shipping went out in, before or after noticing the screw up.

OpSteel on
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Everybody who ordered at least one DSB on Thanksgiving got an apology letter/Canadian Merch. I ordered sets with mine, pulled a DSB Merch, and still got a letter for example, and there are many others who did the exact same.

I also believe it was one per person, so iirc a user and his wife both ordered boxes under their names and got multiple letters, while someone who made 3 separate orders on Thanksgiving only received one.

• zwitterionzwitterion Registered User regular
    Do the fukubukuro go as fast as the DSB?

• astroboiastroboi Melbourne, AusRegistered User regular
    Looks like I'll be trying for a blind merch again...

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    zwitterion wrote: »
    Do the fukubukuro go as fast as the DSB?

Probably not. Even with the incredibly small chance of a rare pin, they still cost a bit.

• Rod.HRod.H Running from the Dropbears...Registered User regular
    So is that -for the Australians'- 8am Friday or Saturday?
    I'm probably more intersted in the fukubukuro than DSB, but I wouldn't say no to a few more boxes. If I end up with another DSBmerch, I'll be happy to trade it for a PAXAus '13 set and the Kemper's that I'm missing.

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Rod.H wrote: »
    So is that -for the Australians'- 8am Friday or Saturday?
    I'm probably more intersted in the fukubukuro than DSB, but I wouldn't say no to a few more boxes. If I end up with another DSBmerch, I'll be happy to trade it for a PAXAus '13 set and the Kemper's that I'm missing.

It would be 9:00am Friday morning for Central Australia I think? Crazy time zones down there.
    Basically, five hours from the time of my post.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
    Its 9pm Friday night for AEST.

• JuicesirJuicesir The Boy with the D&D Tattoo Registered User regular
    So my girlfriend got into pin trading cus of me, and she's been muy casual about it. But today, when we were messaging, I went quiet, and she was like "... are you buying blind boxes lol" and I was like "lol yes" and she was like "Good, I got two!"

Guys. She got two. Without me telling her how. Without me telling her when or giving her the link. She's a Pinny. Is this what true pin love feels like?

• GrassHopperGrassHopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Got my sad single box order in with a Fukubukuro bag! They don't seem to be main listed on the site but are there if you search for them

*edit - up now. Go go go

GrassHopper on
  • astroboiastroboi Melbourne, AusRegistered User regular
    Got 5 boxes. No fuku for me though.

• Rod.HRod.H Running from the Dropbears...Registered User regular
    I missed all the DSBs, squeaked in a Fukubukuro and had trouble trying to order the NYE pin.

got to the store 15minutes after opening (its new years day morning dammit), and no DSB boxes for me, but 2 x Fuku for me to console my lack of DSB-ness...

Missed out (genuinally thought it was tonight) so I consoled myself with the New Years Pin, Halloween, Enfu and Christmas sets, and a Camp Weedonwantcha Skull pin.

• NopeNope Frankfort, KYRegistered User regular
    I thought about buyin some DSBs when they went up this time but I was like ehhhhhh that Fuko looks like a lotta fun and I should be satisfied with the Blind Merch I already have.

• luckycharmluckycharm Perth, AURegistered User regular
    After doing the first two lots and still waiting on my Mom to send them, figure I'll skip. And I don't need more shirts.

Ordered my first Fukubukuro and managed to get some boxes too. May the odds be ever in your favour.

• TmLrd04TmLrd04 Tasmania, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Some of my DSBs finally arrived from my thanksgiving and December orders. Box 1 was from thanksgiving, while 2 to 9 are from a December order.

Box 1: Bride of Frankenstein Anne, PNW Tycho

Box 2: Coffee Kemper, Iron Guard Stance

Box 3: Pinny Arcade Logo, Kemper Crockett

Box 4: Brian Sunter, Lookouts 4

Box 5: Acquisitions Inc Logo, PAX Aus 10th Year

Box 6: Elf Tycho, Flesh Reaper (2013)

Box 7: Viking, Dropbear

Box 8: Santa Gabe, Merch 2

Box 9: Coffee Kemper, Emu

Overall pretty happy, got quite a few pins I didn't have and have been looking for. Unfortunately no blind merch or Ellie pin (my favourite pin), but weirdly I am still waiting for some more DSBs from both orders so I may get lucky. I don't really need another blind merch (I already got one last year) but it would probably help with obtaining some of the rarer pins I am chasing.

I ordered a Fukubukuro and a single DSB this time around, figured I'd ordered enough DSBs for a while :P

TmLrd04 wrote: »
    Some of my DSBs finally arrived from my thanksgiving and December orders. Box 1 was from thanksgiving, while 2 to 9 are from a December order.

Box 1: Bride of Frankenstein Anne, PNW Tycho

Box 2: Coffee Kemper, Iron Guard Stance

Box 3: Pinny Arcade Logo, Kemper Crockett

Box 4: Brian Sunter, Lookouts 4

Box 5: Acquisitions Inc Logo, PAX Aus 10th Year

Box 6: Elf Tycho, Flesh Reaper (2013)

Box 7: Viking, Dropbear

Box 8: Santa Gabe, Merch 2

Box 9: Coffee Kemper, Emu

Overall pretty happy, got quite a few pins I didn't have and have been looking for. Unfortunately no blind merch or Ellie pin (my favourite pin), but weirdly I am still waiting for some more DSBs from both orders so I may get lucky. I don't really need another blind merch (I already got one last year) but it would probably help with obtaining some of the rarer pins I am chasing.

I ordered a Fukubukuro and a single DSB this time around, figured I'd ordered enough DSBs for a while :P

Some really pins there.

• TmLrd04TmLrd04 Tasmania, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    My other DSBs arrived and contained:

Box 1: Wrapped Div, Lookouts 3
    Box 2: Tiny Div, New Year 2015
    Box 3: 80s Tycho, Tiny Div
    Box 4: PAX East 2015 Logo, Elf Tycho
    Box 5: 80s Gabe, PNW Tycho
    Box 6: Gabe Marley, Gideon

Overall pretty happy with my hauls. Got some nice pins I've been after and some nice pins to trade with :) Almost completed my Lookouts collection too, just missing Lookouts 1 now :P