As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - PATV - Livescream – P. T.

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - PATV - Livescream – P. T.

In this episode Gavn and Khoo get creeped by the mysterious P. T.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    jerodastjerodast Registered User regular
    Horror movies are completely obsolete at this point. There is SO MUCH more terror just from making you control the character, even if you're completely railroaded a game is always going to get you worse.

• Options
    GrassHopperGrassHopper Registered User regular
    I can't believe you got Robert to play this lol. The only thing I can figure is that Josh must have already received his year-end bonus and has a new job lined up

• Options
    jerodastjerodast Registered User regular
    I don't know if it says something bad about me that I immediately understood that was OBVIOUSLY a refrigerator hanging from the ceiling dripping blood.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    that was glorious, best Livescream yet

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    BrushwoodMuttBrushwoodMutt Registered User regular
    Yay Khoo!!! Now I just want to see Mike K. play a horror game ^ ^

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I actually didn't expect them to get ambushed by the ghost that early on. Usually you have to play for a while before that happens.

• Options
    NimnioNimnio Registered User regular
    I wish you would talk about what you're playing before or after you play it. As far as I can tell, you're playing PT, the Silent Hill "playable teaser" (not "post-traumatic"). The game has been canceled, and PT has been pulled from the PlayStation Network. I think viewers would be interested to know that this is a now-unavailable demo for a game that will never be released.

I really enjoyed the video. Thanks!

• Options
    GrassHopperGrassHopper Registered User regular
    It isn't *entirely* unavailable on the PSN if you 'bought' a license for the free playable trailer. As someone who got a license before I got my PS4 and after Konami went all scorched-earth on it, I was very happy and terrified to be able to redownload it

• Options
    MarkBomenMarkBomen InsbruckRegistered User new member
    best livestream! :)

• Options
    metroidkillahmetroidkillah Local Bunman Free Country, USARegistered User regular
    @GrassHopper From my understanding, that's not true for every region. That's why it was sorta big news when someone showed a way to get it again via proxy.

I'm not a nice guy, I just play one in real life.
  • Options
    SirBillSirBill Denver, CORegistered User regular
    This was the first LiveScream to make me jump... twice...

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    This game, man. I've seen it played a bunch of times now, and you'd really think I'd find it boring by now, but I'll be damned if it doesn't still make me tense right up every time. It's a shame Silent Hills will never be, but it's given this little teaser one hell of a mythology around it.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    That was a fun LiveScream, but now you need to actually beat the game. If you turned it off there, you turned it off too soon.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Watched this yesterday at lunchtime.
    Still had nightmares about it last night.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I made it to the bit where they were shocked at their shadow

I mean, I assume it was their own shadow, because I noped the fuck out

Turns out I am the biggest of the little babies

Littlest?

Either way, that is the furthest I will ever make it through a PT video

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

Littlest?

Nope, that was the shadow of the ghost that ambushed them early on. It continues to stalk you at various places, including doing other things like showing up at the end of hallways, and (not in the video) suddenly looking out and then slamming the door on you if you look into the bathroom long enough before the door fully opens. I don't believe it does the same thing twice while progressing, however - at least I've never seen it do so.

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    So much nope (and I'm just referring to me watching this!)

orthancstone on
    PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

Littlest?

Nope, that was the shadow of the ghost that ambushed them early on. It continues to stalk you at various places, including doing other things like showing up at the end of hallways, and (not in the video) suddenly looking out and then slamming the door on you if you look into the bathroom long enough before the door fully opens. I don't believe it does the same thing twice while progressing, however - at least I've never seen it do so.

Yeah in the other playthroughs I've watched, I don't think I or the player ever noticed that shadow. That was a new one on me.

A new, absolutely terrifying, one.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    LieutenantDanLieutenantDan Registered User regular
    Sorry, can we get this nasty preview SS off the home page? Need a new vid or something, this guy's gum disease totally ruins my jovial flow every time I hit PA.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Just caught this one, and I'm genuinely amazed you got Robert to play it.

Also now I can't turn any of the lights off in my house ever again. Thanks, Penny Arcade!

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan