As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[steam] Winter is Here. Daily Deals are Dead. Long live Daily Deals!

1939495969799»

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Just noticed I had a chat tab from who I'm told goes by the name of @Descendant X here on the forums. Turns out he had a copy of Grim Fandango Remastered!

Speaking of Double Fine, tonight's FNG was Iron Brigade. I think we had seven players overall, requiring the use of two rooms. Great fun was had by all, I think - I certainly did!

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Steam won't boot on my Macbook anymore.
    02qbno9qcm79.png
    This ARG is getting too real.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Fixed! Just dragging the old icon to the trash and downloading/installing the client again resolved things.

• Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    so I've decided to stream all the Final Fantasy Games I own this month. Thats all of them except for FF4 After Years, and 13-3. Started with FF3 and let me tell you, that game is very strangely paced. You unlock the scholar after the 2nd crystal, but can't find a weapon they can use for a good chunk of the game. Thief didn't find an upgraded weapon in a shop after the first town, and only one other upgrade in the first or 2nd dungeon. Didn't get any upgrade after those two until after I unlocked the THIRD crystal.

On the plus side, both mages are super stronk.

I'll get back to FF3 after FNG is done, hopefully i'll be able to finish FF3 tonight/tomorrow and move onto FF4 which is probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite FF of all time (of the numbered ones. Tactics beats every other game i've ever played in sheer enjoyment factor)

I want Tactics on Steam, but there's already so many good Tactics inspired games on Steam.

Any suggestions on FFT style games on Steam that aren't awful?

I really enjoyed FFT, Disgaea 1, and Gladius, but I haven't had much luck finding something along those lines that's on PC and actually fun. The Agarest games are painfully boring. I'll pick up Rime Berta, but the reviews seem to be mediocre at best.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Banner Saga is pretty amazing. Xcom gets a good rep here but I haven't actually played either of them yet.

• Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »
    CorriganX wrote: »
    so I've decided to stream all the Final Fantasy Games I own this month. Thats all of them except for FF4 After Years, and 13-3. Started with FF3 and let me tell you, that game is very strangely paced. You unlock the scholar after the 2nd crystal, but can't find a weapon they can use for a good chunk of the game. Thief didn't find an upgraded weapon in a shop after the first town, and only one other upgrade in the first or 2nd dungeon. Didn't get any upgrade after those two until after I unlocked the THIRD crystal.

On the plus side, both mages are super stronk.

I'll get back to FF3 after FNG is done, hopefully i'll be able to finish FF3 tonight/tomorrow and move onto FF4 which is probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite FF of all time (of the numbered ones. Tactics beats every other game i've ever played in sheer enjoyment factor)

I want Tactics on Steam, but there's already so many good Tactics inspired games on Steam.

Any suggestions on FFT style games on Steam that aren't awful?

I really enjoyed FFT, Disgaea 1, and Gladius, but I haven't had much luck finding something along those lines that's on PC and actually fun. The Agarest games are painfully boring. I'll pick up Rime Berta, but the reviews seem to be mediocre at best.

The first Disgaea will be on PC, the port from PSP
    Don't know the exact date but it's on February

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    I got back to my desk to find the first present of 2016!

LW17c5k.png

Thank you @an_alt for Metro: Last Light! I've been looking forward to this one!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Banner Saga is pretty amazing. Xcom gets a good rep here but I haven't actually played either of them yet.

both games are great for entirely different reasons. I recommend both.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
This discussion has been closed.