As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Friday, January 1, 2016 - Campfire Stories #6

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2016 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, January 1, 2016 - Campfire Stories #6

Campfire Stories #6

Campfire Stories #6

http://campcomic.com/comic/277

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• briguybriguy Registered User regular
    What a wonderful story!
    Yay for happy memories!
    Hope everyone is having a wonderful new year!

• LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    d'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!

...and now I kinda want some fried chicken.

sig.gif
  • Charon'sLittleHelperCharon'sLittleHelper Registered User regular
    I guess this story proves that camp memories aren't all horrible.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    My browser didn't load this all the way and I didn't notice, so it cut off after the line "I muttered something about BEING LATE and stared at her awkwardly with my mouth open."

...and I assumed that this poor counselor at a church camp thought a nine year old was confessing a pregnancy to her! Holy crap!

Glad I hit refresh to try to get the comments to load and see if my interpretation was shared. The full story is much better!

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    edited January 2016
    The pinkie thing is such a kid thing, too.
    You absolutely know that happened and they made fun of Miranda for not doing it.

But I just wanted to say how cool the details in this comic are.
    The typical teenage counselor turning into a beautiful Disney Princess(TM). Older Miranda holding out her pinkie. The background splashes are so complimentary, too. It's just very cool.

briguy on
  • SargeSarge Registered User regular
    But... they didn't have fried chicken back in medieval times. :|

Sarge wrote: »

Truly, those were the Dark Ages.

• Android 21 3/7Android 21 3/7 Registered User regular
    Dude, she was no princess. She was obviously your fairy godmother.

• narwhaonarwhao Registered User regular
    This is a cute story.

• samahielsamahiel Registered User new member
    Sarge wrote: »

Wait, what? Chicken has been "frittered" (coated in flour and egg then fried in fat) since at least the middle ages, and were brought to the American south by the Scotch-Irish.

• GrakiaoGrakiao Registered User regular
    This campfire story is definitely one of my favorites! I love the difference between what the counselor princess really looks like and how she looks like in the mind of the 9 year old.

• DublinDublin Registered User regular
    So cute!

• SynDuoSynDuo John A. Galvan Somewhere over a rainbowRegistered User regular
    Really sweet story. :D

• SporadicDuckSporadicDuck Registered User regular
    That's probably the sweetest story so far, I was expecting a sad twist at the end, but luckily, I was surprised!

• TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    I really like the councilor artwork variation between reality and impression.

• dwtdwt Registered User regular
    Having pinkies out is actually historically accurate. Since ancient Rome, a cultured person ate with 3 fingers, a commoner with five.

• GinormousGinormous Registered User regular
    dwt wrote: »
    Having pinkies out is actually historically accurate. Since ancient Rome, a cultured person ate with 3 fingers, a commoner with five.

So, what did they do with their ring finger?

• NautKaneNautKane Registered User new member
    @ Ginormous Thumb, pointer finger, middle finger, ring finger. 3 fingers and 1 thumb. Pinkie's out!

• RblDiverRblDiver Registered User regular
    Don't know what it is, but there's something particularly endearing about a princess in sneakers!

• GinormousGinormous Registered User regular
    NautKane wrote: »
    @ Ginormous Thumb, pointer finger, middle finger, ring finger. 3 fingers and 1 thumb. Pinkie's out!

That was my thought, but he did say commoners use 5 fingers, while cultured persons used 3 fingers. The information presented suggested that thumbs were being counted as a finger. Otherwise, commoners have 5 fingers and a thumb!

• lcaruslcarus Registered User new member
    Can I make a suggestion to the artist? I liked both of these recent Campfire Stories, and seeing that they were numbers five and six in a series, wanted to read the earlier ones. But without links given to them, I had to go hunting.

Not really an unpleasant task, as in searching for the other stories, I read several comics I had missed, and really that's a plus (and anyway, a Google search works fine). But I think other readers might still find links to the previous Campfire Stories useful. Maybe the next time Campfire Stories make an appearance, links to earlier stories could be given?

Here are links to all other Campfire Stories so far. If a mod wants to make these addresses into pretty links, that'd be fine by me (as I don't know how to do it on my own).

CS#1 http://campcomic.com/comic/235
    CS#2 http://campcomic.com/comic/236
    CS#3 http://campcomic.com/comic/campfire-stories-3
    CS#4 http://campcomic.com/comic/241
    CS#5 http://campcomic.com/comic/276

• KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    lcarus wrote: »
    Can I make a suggestion to the artist? I liked both of these recent Campfire Stories, and seeing that they were numbers five and six in a series, wanted to read the earlier ones. But without links given to them, I had to go hunting.

We've got a bunch of changes we'd like to make to the Camp W site, and the archive system is definitely one of them. Having the campfire stories in their own section is an interesting idea. In the meantime, there is an actual tagging system in place in the archive, though that's another thing I'd like to work more on. You can search "campfire stories" as well as things like "backstory" and "dear mom." :]

• lcaruslcarus Registered User new member
    Oh! Well, I had no idea. Thank you!

• Maiti_dukkuMaiti_dukku Registered User regular
    Cute story.

• ThesammichmasterThesammichmaster Registered User regular
    I can relate a LOT to crying for no reason when I was nine.

• Laika ClementineLaika Clementine Registered User regular
    Awwww......I relate to this comic. Back at this sleepaway camp in 2006, I used to be late a lot to things. Thankfully I didn't miss out on stuff, but it got frustrating because it made me feel like the "screw up" or the noob of the camp.