As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Raid the Tombs for [steam]!

• Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Okay, Time to Key-Dump. You probably know the drill, so let me know if you're interested in any of these. Just shoot me a PM with the games you want (take as many as you like) and I'll send them your way! (It may be a couple of hours before I respond as I'm heading out as I post this, but I'll hand them out as first come first served)

Happy New Year, everyone!

Steam
    QP Shooting - Dangerous!!
    Velocibox
    Woah Dave!
    Gas Guzzlers Extreme
    Horizon
    Nuclear Dawn
    StarDrive
    The Bridge
    Gunpoint
    LUFTRAUSERS
    Papers, Please
    Race the Sun
    Broken Sword 2
    Kingdom Rush
    Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition
    Ravensword: Shadowlands
    Savant - Ascent
    Shivah: Kosher Edition
    Syder Arcade
    Dust: An Elysian Tail
    Starseed Pilgrim
    ARMA: Cold War Assault
    Arma Tactics
    Fish Fillets 2
    Take On Helicopters
    Bad Hotel
    Jack Lumber
    Cities in Motion 2
    Magicka + 2 DLC
    Sanctum: Collection
    Batman™: Arkham City GOTY Edition
    F.E.A.R.
    F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
    F.E.A.R. 3
    Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit
    Mortal Kombat Kollection
    Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Steam Key
    The Walking Dead Steam Key
    Brütal Legend Steam Key
    The Basement Collection
    The Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb DLC
    Closure
    Dungeon Defenders + All DLC Steam key
    Offspring Fling
    Snapshot Steam Key
    Titan Quest Steam Key
    Canabalt
    Gratuitous Space Battles Multiplayer Key
    Humble Indie Bundle #3 Steam Key
    Samorost 2
    Samorost 2

Origin
    Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
    Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising
    Dead Space Origin Key

Note: I also have a bunch of Tom Clancy codes that I'm sorting out (giving some to a friend) that I'll throw up here later.

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    @anoffday @chris: waffle king how do you like Dungeon of the Endless? Just noticed it's only $4 and it looks like a pretty interesting puzzle/rpg/rts sort of game from what I've seen of it.
    In badge news, still have my last card on trade hold for another 16 minutes... How in the world RNG gave me 5 of one card and 4 of two other cards and still not a single one of several (thanks to traders here I got them).

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Ardent wrote: »
    I still haven't figured out what the hell you do with these cards
    You could always charge them up with potential energy and then throw them as missiles.

This reminds me of a series of Pete Holmes videos. Look up Pete Holmes Ex-Men on Youtube for some comedy gold. He also made a Street Fighter Red Tape series, the premise being the tournament is getting a budget cut and HR has to decide which fighters can't come any more.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    anoffday "chris: waffle king" how do you like Dungeon of the Endless? Just noticed it's only $4 and it looks like a pretty interesting puzzle/rpg/rts sort of game from what I've seen of it.
    In badge news, still have my last card on trade hold for another 16 minutes... How in the world RNG gave me 5 of one card and 4 of two other cards and still not a single one of several (thanks to traders here I got them).

If the idea of a turn-based, real-time strategy, tower defense rogue-like RPG hybrid appeals to you, I highly recommend it. Definitely worth $4. Lots to unlock with different characters and levels that play differently. Provides good replay value. You can also stop and save at pretty much any point although you only have 1 save slot but it means it works for a quick or long play sessions. Also has a great dry sense of humor. @TeeMan is also a good person to ask :)

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Thank you very much @[REDACTED] for Aces Wild: Manic Brawling Action! <3<3<3
    EQJD6OF.jpg

• Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    my boys got steam gift cards for Christmas and decided to get Don't Starve Together (one got that and the other got a 2-pack of another game and they traded) and now they want my husband and I to get it too. I didn't realize it was an Early Access game. I generally try not to buy those. Does this seem like one to avoid until it's actually finished, or should we take a chance on spending the $10 for two copies?

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    Looks like our mystery man hit me last night as well.

AcesWildMysteryMan_zpsfzsgld0j.jpg

I've been playing a lot of turn based stuff on the Surface while the pc is down, this will make a nice change of pace. Got my bonus the other day so the rebuild will happen soon but I figure I've got another week or so to go and I was starting to fiend for something a bit more actiony. Gonna check it out after breakfast. Thanks mystery man!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    my boys got steam gift cards for Christmas and decided to get Don't Starve Together (one got that and the other got a 2-pack of another game and they traded) and now they want my husband and I to get it too. I didn't realize it was an Early Access game. I generally try not to buy those. Does this seem like one to avoid until it's actually finished, or should we take a chance on spending the $10 for two copies?
    Klei are one of the examples of Early access done right. Don't starve was one of the first early access games, and it turned out brilliantly. I doubt it's any different for don't starve together.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    You could always charge them up with potential energy and then throw them as missiles.

an unexpected Gambit.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    How does Don't Starve Together work as far as access? I have it in my library right now and I'm assuming it's because I have Don't Starve. Do you still get Don't Starve Together if you buy Don't Starve? Will I continue to have access to DST once it leaves early access (I'm assuming that I will)?

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I really liked Dungeon of the Endless during that free weekend they had last year. I don't think I ever cleared the first level, but the game felt so cool and unique that I decided to buy it! I don't remember if I bought it during that free weekend or if it was weeks/months later during another sale.

Haven't touched it since the free weekend, but I keep meaning to.

• Options
    heenato wrote: »
    Klei are one of the examples of Early access done right. Don't starve was one of the first early access games, and it turned out brilliantly. I doubt it's any different for don't starve together.

Don't Starve Together is awesome. It's exactly what you expect...Don't Starve gone Multiplayer. It plays well, is nice and stable, supports Mods, etc. Definitely worth it for family fun time! (I play with my wife and kids and we have a good old time)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    How does Don't Starve Together work as far as access? I have it in my library right now and I'm assuming it's because I have Don't Starve. Do you still get Don't Starve Together if you buy Don't Starve? Will I continue to have access to DST once it leaves early access (I'm assuming that I will)?

I think people who bought Don't Starve before the announcement of Don't Starve Together or for some period after received it for free. I'm pretty sure you keep it even after it is released.

I'll second Kendrik, there may be the odd kink they are still working on but overall it is really solid.

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular

an unexpected Gambit.

You're quite the Rogue.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

an unexpected Gambit.

You're quite the Rogue.

Harbinger of wishlist Apocalypse.

• Options
    Kendrik wrote: »
    Okay, Time to Key-Dump. You probably know the drill, so let me know if you're interested in any of these. Just shoot me a PM with the games you want (take as many as you like) and I'll send them your way! (It may be a couple of hours before I respond as I'm heading out as I post this, but I'll hand them out as first come first served)

Happy New Year, everyone!

Steam
    QP Shooting - Dangerous!!
    Velocibox
    Woah Dave!
    Gas Guzzlers Extreme
    Horizon
    Nuclear Dawn
    StarDrive
    The Bridge
    Gunpoint
    LUFTRAUSERS
    Papers, Please
    Race the Sun
    Broken Sword 2
    Kingdom Rush
    Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition
    Ravensword: Shadowlands
    Savant - Ascent
    Shivah: Kosher Edition
    Syder Arcade
    Dust: An Elysian Tail
    Starseed Pilgrim
    ARMA: Cold War Assault
    Arma Tactics
    Fish Fillets 2
    Take On Helicopters
    Bad Hotel
    Jack Lumber
    Cities in Motion 2
    Magicka + 2 DLC
    Sanctum: Collection
    Batman™: Arkham City GOTY Edition
    F.E.A.R.
    F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
    F.E.A.R. 3
    Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit
    Mortal Kombat Kollection
    Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Steam Key
    The Walking Dead Steam Key
    Brütal Legend Steam Key
    The Basement Collection
    The Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb DLC
    Closure
    Dungeon Defenders + All DLC Steam key
    Offspring Fling
    Snapshot Steam Key
    Titan Quest Steam Key
    Canabalt
    Gratuitous Space Battles Multiplayer Key
    Humble Indie Bundle #3 Steam Key
    Samorost 2
    Samorost 2

Origin
    Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
    Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising
    Dead Space Origin Key

Note: I also have a bunch of Tom Clancy codes that I'm sorting out (giving some to a friend) that I'll throw up here later.

So many awesome games in here. Thanks for Canabalt!

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

an unexpected Gambit.

You're quite the Rogue.

Causing Havok all over Steam.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular

an unexpected Gambit.

You're quite the Rogue.

A veritable Magneto of gifts.

Wait... am I doing this right?

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular

This reminds me of a series of Pete Holmes videos. Look up Pete Holmes Ex-Men on Youtube for some comedy gold. He also made a Street Fighter Red Tape series, the premise being the tournament is getting a budget cut and HR has to decide which fighters can't come any more.

Those were great. I love Pete Holmes. Met him a few times, super cool guy. He's got a new pilot going to HBO soon.

Did you know he played Batman in the Badman series?

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

an unexpected Gambit.

You're quite the Rogue.

A veritable Magneto of gifts.

Wait... am I doing this right?
    Colossus-ly wrong.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

an unexpected Gambit.

You're quite the Rogue.

Causing Havok all over Steam.

The Cyclops whose eye was poked out.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    We should get a G&T Town of Salem game going. It's on Steam, but buying it on Steam just gives you in game money to spend on cosmetics. It's actually free to play at this website. It's basically Mafia with a different paint job and tons of custom roles. Would be a lot of fun for a FNG or something.

I used to have fun playing that but more often than not people were cheating using skype or something. They would collaborate with each other even if they had opposing roles. It got so bad I stopped playing.

If you can get a game of just PA people playing it should be fun.

Unfortunately, I don't believe you can unless you are able to fill all of the open spots. I'm pretty sure a bunch of the phalla players in CF tried it out some as a way to play some quick games and ran into the same problems you did and a pretty toxic player base. I'd be game to give it a try if we could fill it up though.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    @Iolo snuck attack me with Grim Fandango (Which I have never played) while I was playing SWTOR. Thanks! And HAPPY NEW YEAR!

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    PC guts transferred to new case with shiny new Hyper 212 cooler. OMG so much improvement! Can't even hear anything running, and temps are vastly improved. Woo!

Now to find a home for old case...

Any fans of ATI/AMD here who like airbrushed art, the color red, and full tower cases with giant 12" side fans? :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    This may be of interest to folks here who were frustrated by Ori and the Blind Forest's shutting off areas and locking out 100%:
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    For you other Ori people who shared my gripe about the ending save file business:
    Found a pretty simple save file editor which will unlock your completed game by transporting you to a different area. Just tried it, and it works! I look forward to hopping all over the map and finding the secrets I missed. :D

Ori and the Blind Forest Debug/ Save File Editor

That's the powershell script I ended up using and it does work. Although I busted my save file at one particular point and achievements stopped unlocking until I went back to a different save backup.
    Depending on what you left behind on some of the areas though, you have to pull off some serious superhero moves to get back through the map and pick up anything left behind.

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular

Hey Steam thread!

While I can come up with some ideas, I always enjoying finding stuff out from a larger group to catch any hidden gems I may miss, so without a ton of context or knowledge of what's already been suggested, I pose this to you. A friend just finished putting together a new gaming PC after years of missing out, they are now on the hunt for games before the sale ends and games to think about as they move forward into the gaming world again.

I was given this information through separate comments in a conversation.
    - RPGs and Action Adventure games like Legend of Zelda
    - Grew up on Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy
    - Baldur's Gate
    - Starcraft and Civilization
    - Diablo 2

Various friends have already given them some ideas and they already picked up Skyrim.

What other suggestions based on the limited data above would you give?

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Just discovered my day of tabletop gaming was a bust. Was just staring at my desktop when, outta nowhere...

FCHq0vI.png

Thanks @Iolo !

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    well shit.

my massive chalice run has taken a turn for the worse. at some point i messed up my best lineages. between random death, infertility, and a skewed M/F ratio the bloodlines started dying off around year 110 or so. I'm in year 200 now but I can't win a single battle. My vanguards are getting murdered in the first few turns. Bleh.

Just had to destroy a relic because the only member of the bloodline is a baby on the throne.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    well shit.

my massive chalice run has taken a turn for the worse. at some point i messed up my best lineages. between random death, infertility, and a skewed M/F ratio the bloodlines started dying off around year 110 or so. I'm in year 200 now but I can't win a single battle. My vanguards are getting murdered in the first few turns. Bleh.

Just had to destroy a relic because the only member of the bloodline is a baby on the throne.

Your avatar is perfect for this post. Daffy is definitely trying to cogitate his way past this problem.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    I'm sure this has been covered a bajillion times already but are there no dailies or flash sales this sale?

• Options
    ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been covered a bajillion times already but are there no dailies or flash sales this sale?

Nope, what's for sale day one is the same as at the end with a few exceptions from a few different publishers.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    @Fawst

Check out Hack RUN.
    You are probably aware of Uplink but I'll link it anyway.

• Options
    my family of heroic archers that carried me through the early game are now all near sighted because of bad genetics.

how awful. how hilarious.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    there's nothing more disheartening than a team of archers that has about a 33.33 percent accuracy. let me tell you.

you have a legendary relic in your hand.

but you're less accurate than a storm trooper.

and wiped. dang. losing after 10 + hours of play sure hurts

@MuddBudd

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mudzgut wrote: »
    Hey Steam thread!

While I can come up with some ideas, I always enjoying finding stuff out from a larger group to catch any hidden gems I may miss, so without a ton of context or knowledge of what's already been suggested, I pose this to you. A friend just finished putting together a new gaming PC after years of missing out, they are now on the hunt for games before the sale ends and games to think about as they move forward into the gaming world again.

- Baldur's Gate
    - Diablo 2

Various friends have already given them some ideas and they already picked up Skyrim.

Darksiders. It's basically a 3D Zelda game with God of War-ish combat and a grimdark atmosphere. It's really good, though! Not sure how the PC version runs, but I enjoyed my time with it on Xbox 360.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Hey Steam thread!

- Baldur's Gate
    - Diablo 2

Diablo 2: Diablo 3 with the expansion is an excellent lootgame and a new season starts the 15th which is a great starting point. Alternatives are Grim Dawn, Path of Exile(FTP), Torchlight 2, Marvel Heroes (FTP) Probably in that order of recommendation.

Civ: Civ5 GOTY is an excellent game. After Earth isn't regarded highly. Endless Legend is amazing lore wise with cool gameplay ideas but it can be confusing and the AI is not great. Cities Skylines is also an option, the best modern city builder.

Baldurs Gate: Pillars of Eternity is the definitive pick. The Shadowrun games are great turnbased RPGs.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    @anoffday @chris: waffle king how do you like Dungeon of the Endless? Just noticed it's only $4 and it looks like a pretty interesting puzzle/rpg/rts sort of game from what I've seen of it.

@Custom Special, Dungeon of the Endless is incredible. It's a potpie of genre types that works incredibly well together. It's turn-based in the sense that nothing happens until you open another door. It's realtime in that depending on what's behind the door things may get hairy for a bit. It's tower defense in that you can set up weapons in rooms, and it's sort of city management (?) in that you have limited power to light up rooms and prevent spawns and setup weapons. You can RTS your heroes around as well. It's got roguelike flavor in the randomness of gear & certain room types and finding heroes and deadly death.

All together, though, it works incredibly well.

I highly recommend skimming the thread for some of the meaty strategy posts by @The Dude With Herpes and others. I'm not great at the game by any measure, but I did go from being terrible to getting by after I read there that heroes are mostly pretty fragile and you want to use them to camp dark rooms and prevent spawns and maybe supplement heavy tower rooms more than DukeNukeming it. Thinking more tower defense and creating long kill rooms with complementary towers and keeping heroes out of melee as much as possible got me far enough to finish a game or two (no mean feat for me with all those floors....)

It's a stylish and distinctive game with a lot to recommend it. If it takes, it's got a powerful one-more-door compulsion like the best turn-based games, but with chaos and a real payoff for thinking up a strategy, trying it out and having it work.

EDIT: And it's $4 right now?!

signature.png

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    HeartfinderHeartfinder Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    @Mudzgut

Glanced at my Steam/Good Old Games Libraries for a gaggle of ideas. A good selection of these games aren't going to push their rig, but they fit the criteria you've named.

List is in the spoiler.
    Steam:
    Final Fantasy V (your friend has most likely played 6 on but V wasn't released in the SNES era over here)
    Underrail
    Fallout Classic Collection
    Knights of the Old Republic I + II
    CiV
    DarkSiders I + II
    ShadowRun Returns/DragonFall/Hong Kong
    Torchlight I + II
    PrimeWorld: Defenders
    Wizardry 6-7-8
    Aquaria
    Avernum: Escape From the Pit
    Crusader Kings 2
    Eschalon Series (1-3)
    FTL: Faster Than Light
    GeneForge Series (comes only as the series bundle, though)
    Grim Fandango: Remastered
    Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
    Jagged Alliance 2
    Silent Storm
    The Legend of Heroes: Trails In The Sky FC/SC
    Pillars of Eternity
    Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
    South Park: Stick of Truth
    Titan Quest Gold (Gold has both base game + expansion)
    VVVVVV
    Wasteland 1 + 2
    Witcher Series
    XCOM (2012)
    Ys Series (1+2/Oath/Ark/Origins)
    Septerra Core
    Lords of the Realm 2

If they're also willing to use Good Old Games:
    PlaneScape: Torment
    Neverwinter Nights 1+2
    Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
    Anachronox
    IceWind Dale 1+2
    And of course, if your friend wants to replay Baldur's Gate, the full saga's there as well. I usually recommend the originals if you're going solo and the EEs if going multi.

Hopefully that should give you and your friend some ideas to work with.

Heartfinder on
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    PC guts transferred to new case with shiny new Hyper 212 cooler. OMG so much improvement! Can't even hear anything running, and temps are vastly improved. Woo!

Now to find a home for old case...

Any fans of ATI/AMD here who like airbrushed art, the color red, and full tower cases with giant 12" side fans? :D

How uh, how quiet is that thing?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Hey Steam thread!

- Baldur's Gate
    - Diablo 2

Grab the Titan Quest key from my list above and give it to them. It's VERY much a Diablo 2 Clone. Grim Dawn and the Van Helsing games are also excellent ARPGs. I've already mentioned my love of Kingdom of Amaldur, but I'll point that out again, as well. Pillars of Eternity is a must-have as well if they liked the Baldur's Gate stuff. I've been enjoying PA: Titans at it's sale price, as well.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.