As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Raid the Tombs for [steam]!

• FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    Looking for something unknown, something great?
    Get ready to get you minds blown and try Blue Estate!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmobtOv-qac

An on-rails shooter is what you're after?
    Put in your computer and be filled with laughter!

If you're still unsure that the game rocks
    Then watch this LP by lovable Jessie Cox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqF5Py7iRPA

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Jazz wrote: »
    chrisnl wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    chrisnl wrote: »
    chrisnl , I just want to say that I'm really enjoying your KOTOR posts. Being able to revisit such a classic, vicariously through your fresh eyes, really is turning out to be extremely enjoyable. Thank you, and I look forward daily to your updates. :)

Thanks, I'll do my best to keep people appraised of my progress. I haven't played it any yet today since I've been somewhat busy, but I should be talking to Sand People and Jawas soon. Going in without doing any research at all has been interesting, and there are quite a few things I would have done differently if I had known then what I know now. I'm not usually one to replay games (Mass Effect 1 & 2 being notable exceptions . . . hey those are Bioware too!) but I might try out a different approach to the game once I finish the first playthrough or if I just end up in an unwinnable situation (which isn't something you generally have to worry about with more recent games).

Are you using any mods for widescreen or resolution? I want to get into it, but all I can do was play in a window and it started to drive me crazy.

I'm not using any mods with KOTOR, I put the resolution to the max (like 1024x768 or whatever) and it put the game into full screen and just uses the middle area with the rest being black border. A bit limiting I suppose, but I can live with it.

It'd be nice for KOTOR 1 to get an official upgrade on Steam like KOTOR 2 did. In fact I'm mildly surprised it hasn't happened yet; given that Aspyr gave KOTOR 2 its overhaul in part due to its SteamOS and OS X releases, but that the same company also similarly overhauled KOTOR 1 for its iOS and Android releases with native widescreen and higher resolutions.

In fact, the divergent paths the two games have taken in the last couple of years seem rather odd. Why isn't KOTOR 1 upgraded on computers, and why isn't KOTOR 2 on mobile/tablets? EDIT: Well, okay, the latter might be because getting the mod in there might be tricky.

It's just weird that KOTOR 1 should look so much better on my phone than it does on my PC.

I think the only mod I really had to have for KotOR was the invisible headgear mod, because god damn if the whole lot didn't look it came out of a D-list SF schlock film. Like, is that cellophane? It's a good thing there's no stat for dignity.

Orogogus on
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I've re-installed SWTOR because allegedly, Knights of the Fallen Empire is basically KOTOR3. We'll see how that works out.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Wow. Mobile authenticator needed for all trades? Not just new friend additions? Guess i'm never trading again, since that's even more hassle than putting the stuff up for sale.

• mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Haven't gotten one of these randos trying to friend me on Steam in a while.

Anyone know "Coma_Tose"?

Coma_Tose is @dalith14 and he was my G&T Santee this year. edit: ah, he's your Santa, too.

mare_imbrium on
    v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Like a few others, I'm cleaning out my Humble Bundle inventory a bit! Keep in mind there's a chance some of these won't work. There are a lot of keys in here that Humble Bundle claims were never used, but I suspect otherwise. Hopefullythey all work. If you get a used code, my sincere apologies! Anyway, here we go:

Dustforce:

header.jpg?t=1447355197
    Loading...?

Eldritch:
    header.jpg?t=1447358685

Loading...?

Reus:
    header.jpg?t=1447356822

Loading...?

Symphony:
    header.jpg?t=1447355435

Loading...?

Tower of Guns:
    header.jpg?t=1447359578

Loading...?

That's all for tonight. Will probably post a few more tomorrow.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    What DLC should I get for Endless Legend

YL9WnCY.png
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Wow. Mobile authenticator needed for all trades? Not just new friend additions? Guess i'm never trading again, since that's even more hassle than putting the stuff up for sale.

I don't know. If it cancels out the silly 72 hour hold, then I can deal with it.

• ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    I think the one that adds intrigue is the only one that is "necessary."

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Symphony:
    header.jpg?t=1447355435

I grabbed this one, thank you much!

steam_sig.png
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Like a few others, I'm cleaning out my Humble Bundle inventory a bit! Keep in mind there's a chance some of these won't work. There are a lot of keys in here that Humble Bundle claims were never used, but I suspect otherwise. Hopefullythey all work. If you get a used code, my sincere apologies! Anyway, here we go:

Dustforce:

header.jpg?t=1447355197
    Loading...?

Grabbed it, thanks!

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    Yes, Steam, I know a game on my wishlist is on s-

Wait, what's this? Some classy classmonger has noticed either a hole in my AMPLITUDE collection, or that I was not currently delving in any dungeons and inferred that I had, perhaps, run completely out of dungeon?

Either way, Dungeon of the Endless was an excellent, but most unexpected, solution. Thanks @Iolo !

• TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    I have an extra code for Dungeon Defenders + DLC if anyone's interested;
    Loading...?

• WIckedkarmaWIckedkarma AustinRegistered User regular

Get all of it. Its all great and adds soo much more to the game.

camo_sig2.png
  • UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    I have an extra code for Dungeon Defenders + DLC if anyone's interested;
    Loading...?

Grabbed it! Looks like a total blast! Thankyou!

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

I don't know. If it cancels out the silly 72 hour hold, then I can deal with it.

I mean sure, if you can then you may as well. More security is better. I've got a windows phone though so i'm shit out of luck.

Here's one for The Binding of Isaac with the Wrath of Lambs DLC.

Loading...?

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Well don't be surprised if even after strolling the wastes @Antoshka comes back with wallet in hand:

EZI7P7e.jpg

Thanks for Assassin's Creed Syndicate! (AssSyn? Eh nothing beats Assbro) Also for information on the many pronunciation of Fish and Chips.

I thought I was done with the series after Unity but I've heard too many good things about Syndicate to pass it up.

Also yes, I was quite drunk. My new role as proxy Shade is dangerous for both my liver and wallet.

Also another key:

header.jpg?2016-1-3

Loading...?

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Cool!

j1cxW4j.jpg

Thanks for Kingdom, @ArbitraryDescriptor! This game looks beautiful. It looks a bit like a 2D Majesty/TD mashup, which could be pretty fun. Much appreciated! :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    Karoz wrote: »
    Also another key:

header.jpg?2016-1-3

Loading...?

Claimed. Thank you!

• WIckedkarmaWIckedkarma AustinRegistered User regular
    @Karoz sent me to bullet hell!
    t4drd77fikaq.png

camo_sig2.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    @Antoshka is a monster. A cruel cog in the Human Resource Machine <3

steam_sig.png
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    @Antoshka completely unprovoked classaulted me with Poncho, Dino Run, Aperture Tag and Catlateral Damage! Monster! I am happy to be home so I can now try some of these new games out!

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    anoffday, chris: waffle king how do you like Dungeon of the Endless? Just noticed it's only $4 and it looks like a pretty interesting puzzle/rpg/rts sort of game from what I've seen of it.
    In badge news, still have my last card on trade hold for another 16 minutes... How in the world RNG gave me 5 of one card and 4 of two other cards and still not a single one of several (thanks to traders here I got them).

Custom Special, Dungeon of the Endless is incredible. It's a potpie of genre types that works incredibly well together. It's turn-based in the sense that nothing happens until you open another door. It's realtime in that depending on what's behind the door things may get hairy for a bit. It's tower defense in that you can set up weapons in rooms, and it's sort of city management (?) in that you have limited power to light up rooms and prevent spawns and setup weapons. You can RTS your heroes around as well. It's got roguelike flavor in the randomness of gear & certain room types and finding heroes and deadly death.

All together, though, it works incredibly well.

I highly recommend skimming the thread for some of the meaty strategy posts by The Dude With Herpes and others. I'm not great at the game by any measure, but I did go from being terrible to getting by after I read there that heroes are mostly pretty fragile and you want to use them to camp dark rooms and prevent spawns and maybe supplement heavy tower rooms more than DukeNukeming it. Thinking more tower defense and creating long kill rooms with complementary towers and keeping heroes out of melee as much as possible got me far enough to finish a game or two (no mean feat for me with all those floors....)

It's a stylish and distinctive game with a lot to recommend it. If it takes, it's got a powerful one-more-door compulsion like the best turn-based games, but with chaos and a real payoff for thinking up a strategy, trying it out and having it work.

EDIT: And it's $4 right now?!

signature.png

About 7 hours left - get in on this!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    an_alt wrote: »
    Getting started in Massive Chalice. So far it feels a lot more like XCOM than FFT.

This is the type of game where I really like to hit up GameFAQs, read the intro, the tips section at the end, and then skip the rest of the walkthrough. Just enough to get a feel for the mechanics and enough advice to skip the ineffectual options instead of figuring it out with trial and error.

Unfortunately, I didn't spot a guide so I'm going in blind. Sometimes that's part of a game's charm. Other times there are a lot of systems in play and it's nice to get an overview.

Also, the background music has a Trent Reznor vibe, which is kinda cool.

Invest in armor early and funnel kills into individual characters so a relic is created. Then funnel kills into those relics.

i still can't beat it. all of my runs are coming up a little short but those two things have helped me.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Damn, Banished sucked me in and wasted several hours. Gotta get away from desktop and down to bars for Me time.

I'm not drinking, I just want a hot sandwich and some alone time.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Oh, Antoshka must be back. :wink:

Dark Souls. I thought I'd never play it, now it won't let me go.
    Send help.
    Don't send help; you'll only be cursed as well.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    How are ya'll doing the fancy code giveaway things? I wanna!

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Kendrik wrote: »
    How are ya'll doing the fancy code giveaway things? I wanna!

Use the [codes] tag

steam_sig.png
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    UseR2006 wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Isorn wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    So I've got a ways to go before I hit my usual level 10 sales badge, but I'm WAAAAAAY overloaded on 11 and (particularly) 10.

If anyone needs 11 or 10, just shoot me a trade.

...Wait, Level 10 in this Winter Sale badge?

How many things did you buy?

I mean he probably buys them on the market. Not quite as crazy as the PalmDesert guy who currently has a level 14k holiday badge.

Man has too much money.

Good lord, he's over level 900.

If you want to see where you stack up, both in terms of level, number of games, etc.
    Level 133. 948th in world, 139th in region, 106th in country.

919 games. 2862th in the world, 380th in region, 277th in country.

5291hrs total tracked playtime (which is low, should be higher). 4998th in world, 815th in region, 613rd in country.

Oh god im scared to even look at mine, it'll be so low!

im top 200 in games and played time in america

thats so depressing.

I'm #158 in the US for games.

It's like my life has lost all meaning.

I blame monsters.

I'm 100th in the UK.

I mean... just... what :eek:

I'm sitting at 216th in the U.S.

I feel slightly ill.

BUT NOW WE HAVE ANOTHER REASON TO GIFT! Push other people into the top of their country!

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Thanks to @staplerofpaper for Turmoil, an oil drilling tycoon game I actually discovered and got interested in via the Steam Discovery Queue. So the Queue is good for something after all!

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Oh, Antoshka must be back. :wink:

Dark Souls. I thought I'd never play it, now it won't let me go.
    Send help.
    Don't send help; you'll only be cursed as well.

Go into the forest in human form if you need help... lot of helpful folks in there.
    Try Crying

steam_sig.png
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    @staplerofpaper has begun hostilities in chat.

h0x6g7um7v8g.jpg

• DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Hostilities? More like education! Now I know what a gas giant is! Thank you, @staplerofpaper!

l62d9swrz0vl.jpg

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    So I got some more time into the delightful KOTOR, did the last few things on Tatooine and then headed to Kashyyyk (which apparently has 3 y's for no reason), where suddenly some random lady tells me that Bastila's mom is sick. Well that's a bummer, but I got Wookiees to help so that'll have to wait! Through all the killing and all the corpses already around, I think I might quit this hero business and start up a weapons emporium. Bowcasters and blaster rifles for everybody!

Big Z (hell if I can ever remember his damn name properly) needs some family counseling or something, because those dudes have some issues. Thankfully the best kind of therapy is at the end of a lightsaber! I find another random Jedi, who is apparently the final member of my part as there aren't any more blank silhouettes left. I decide that exploring the surface of Kashyyyk is best accomplished with a full Jedi party, because seriously melee seems quite a lot better than ranged when it comes time to get my murder on. Kill some Dark Jedi, kill some Mandalorians, kill some stupid looking monkey things that are SO ANNOYING when you walk past them. Heck I even kill some crazy ritual beast that is also some sort of Jedi hunting monster, except it was kind of a wimp? Get the ceremonial Wookiee blade and put down the jerk that was selling his people into slavery and also coincidentally get my Wookiee party member back (though honestly he's not my favorite).

All told, Kashyyyk is in much better shape now and there should be a lot less slavery involved. I'm starting to think that I don't like this Czerka Corporation very much. Anyway, I figure since I killed one of those big nasty Jedi eating beasties, I should head to Dantooine and let the Jedi Council know. Except they don't seem to care, though the Twi'lek near the ship landing spot was pleased. Speaking of Twi'leks, I found Lena, the brother stealing gold digging harpy from Mission's backstory! Except wait, turns out she isn't a bad person and Griff is kind of a dick. Also reason number 2 to head back to Tatooine, so hey let's head there!

Talk to Bastila's mom, they fight, I go get a holocron, bam ambush by Malak's new apprentice (whose name I kind of didn't catch, since he was there in a cut scene and then I killed him). Also I have enough crystals that I decide that Bastila should stop using that stupid dual blade saber and use a regular saber plus a short saber because it looks way cooler (also the blades are purple, score!). Go back to the cantina, another argument ensues, but I convince them to play nice and Bastila ends up keeping her dad's holocron and also gives 500 credits (holy crap you had that much money and didn't tell me?) to her mother so she can try to get treatment on Coruscant. Happy times!

Then I grab Mission and HK-47 and talk to the Czerka people and find out that Griff was captured (or maybe killed) by Sand People. Well I head out to talk to my buddy the Sand People Chieftain (because I sure don't remember seeing Griff there the last time I looked) and he says I can have him because he's useless to the Sand People (or maybe just useless in general, it wasn't clear) and I decide not to let HK-47 kill him. Except wait, he's not in the prisoner area! One quick net search later reveals that if you open the door to his cell before getting the quest, then Griff won't spawn. Said search also gave instructions on how to fix this issue with a save editor, so I went ahead and did that because that's a stupid bug.

So after all this trouble, turns out that Griff really is just an idiot who flops from one get rich quick scheme to another AND he abandoned his sister on Taris. What a tool! However he assures me that he's on the straight and narrow now, and if I can just provide him with a gland from one of those Kashyyyk monkeys he can make some Tarisian Wine or something that will make him rich. I happen to have a couple extra, so I give him one and definitely do NOT give him 200 credits at seed money for his new business.

That turned out to be a good choice, because he screwed up making his wine (or whatever) and has fled the system! What a role model! Good thing Mission has gotten over her brother worship by this point, because wow he's a tool. Then I look at the clock and crap it's 2:00 AM, so I call it a night there. Not sure which planet I'll hit up next, but probably Manaan because some dude handed me a datapad that is not shady in the least that says I should go to a certain place on Manaan alone. This sounds like a terrific idea!

steam_sig.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    new case

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Because I couldn't fit the Hyper 212 Evo CPU cooler I bought myself a few months back in the other case. The side fan made it impossible.

Besides, I'd been using the same case for like 7 years. It was time to look at something else. :wink:

Fair enough. I have had my current Armor Evo case for three or four years now I think. I'm gonna use it forever.

I will be buried with this case.

This discussion has been closed.