As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Pax Arcadia; Vexillum Ferri; Pugilem, Veneficus, Venator.

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited February 2016 in Games and Technology
We called it the Traveler, and its arrival changed us forever. Great cities were built on Mars and Venus; Mercury became a garden world. Human lifespan tripled. It was a time of miracles. We stared out at the galaxy and knew that it was our Destiny to walk in the light of other stars.

But the Traveler had an enemy. A Darkness - which had hunted it for eons, across the black gulfs of space, centuries after our Golden Age began. This Darkness... found us. And that was the end of everything.

That is, until Peter Dinklage Nolan North found you, Guardian!

7wqy627to2qz.jpg

Destiny: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy *deep breath* first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 and the first title in a proposed 10-year, zillion-dollar franchise from Bungie and Activision. It’s MMO-like – think gear, skill trees, leveling up, and party play – with an emphasis on exploration and discovery. As of September 15, 2015, we have entered Year Two of Destiny, which has ushered in a host of new content, quality of life changes, UI improvements, weapon balance tweaks, and whole new ways to play. At its core, Destiny is still a cooperative role-playing FPS with levels and rep to grind and new and exciting gear and weapons to seek out. But it's getting a whole lot bigger with version 2.0 and its biggest expansion yet, The Taken King.

Still relevant: The game is set in our own solar system, 700 years in the future, following a prosperous period of exploration and colonization ushered in by the arrival of the “Traveler,” a mysterious celestial body (pictured above). The Golden Age came to an abrupt end as a result of a momentous event called “the Collapse,” a calamity that wiped out human colonies everywhere. Humanity has retreated to the Last City on Earth, our shared home and the launching point for our journey back to the stars, and from within its walls, we have begun to rebuild. We have begun to fight back. But even as we stand tall, our Light visible in the canyons and craters of far-off worlds, blinding our enemies with its brilliance, the Darkness threatens to close in around us. And everything we know about our enemy is about to change.

destiny-the-taken-king-listing-thumb-01-us-16jun15?$Icon$

The Taken King

In Year One of Destiny, we the Wise and Noble Guardians of Pax Arcadia traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. Today, the Tower stands because of the bravery and sacrifice of our ranks. Our legend is known far and wide across the bloodied fields of the Crucible. We have earned the favor of the Queen and now protect her Reef from those who would tear it apart.

At times, our successes seemed inevitable, almost routine. We traveled backward and forward through time; we crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. But we faced trials as well, true challenges that required complete cooperation and tested our limits, especially when we plunged into the depths of the Dark Below and stood face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

Now a deeper Darkness stirs. From the shadows beyond, Oryx himself has learned of our triumph, and he will not abide our insolence, our courage - our Legend. He is assembling a mysterious, twisted force that he plans to unleash upon our world. It is our duty to stop him. Prepare yourselves, Arcadians: the Taken King comes for us all.

destiny-thetakenking-screen-04-us-15jun15?$TwoColumn_Media$

Join the ranks of Pax Arcadia! Our clan is on both systems!
(and with the new firmware, we now have a PS4 Community!)

oys3p1lw64ty.png

We've assembled a Bungie.net group - and within that group, a PlayStation clan and an Xbox clan - so that PA G&Ters can play together. We're Pax Arcadia, and we're currently making our way through endgame content and crushing the Crucible in six-man fireteams on a nightly basis!

Edit (Sept. 22, 2015): We presently have room in the PA clan on Xbox One, but we're full up at the 100-person cap on the PS4 side for both PA and PA2. That being said, we're typically cycling people out for inactivity lasting over six months and spots tend to open up very frequently! Follow the instructions below!

To join:
1. Send @GMaster7 (on the PS side) or @ObiFett (on the Xbox side) - or preferably, both - a PM, letting us know that you're joining the group(s) and applying to the clan.
2. Join the Bungie.net group for Pax Arcadia (right here, at this link). If necessary, you can hit up the group for Pax Arcadia II (right here), either instead or in addition, and join that, too. You don't need admin approval to join the groups.
3. Once you're in one or both Bungie.net groups, click "Set as PlayStation Clan" in the banner if you're on PS3/PS4 or "Set as Xbox Clan" in Pax Arcadia's banner if you're on 360/XB1 to officially request admission to that group's respective clan (either PA or PA2). If you're on PSN, you'll probably need to apply to PA2, the overflow clan. If you're on Xbox, you can apply to PA and don't need to mess with PA2.
4. Add yourself to the Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster that we've created to keep track of membership. Use the tabs at the bottom to select your console, and put yourself at the bottom of your tab's list. We'll bump you up to your proper alphabetical placement.
5. If you've sent us a PM and added yourself to the Mega-Roster, we'll accept you as soon as we can.
6. Friend some PAers, hop online, and take to the skies in the name of Pax Arcadia!

Find teammates with The100.io!

If you're looking for teammates for any activity, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
•Pax Arcadia - Xbox One: https://www.the100.io/groups/1397
•Pax Arcadia - Xbox 360: https://www.the100.io/groups/1398
•Pax Arcadia - PS4: https://www.the100.io/groups/1226

Keeping Track of Things

Guide for anyone getting back into the game, courtesy of reddit and shared with the thread by @Erevar

Destiny Item Manager: Use this Chrome extension to move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory! Has more functionality than Bungie.net and is super useful: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/destiny-item-manager/apghicjnekejhfancbkahkhdckhdagna?hl=en

Track your stats - everything you might ever want to know - here: http://www.destinytracker.com

Year Two Emblem Codes from TTK Collector's Edition (codes still being cracked):
3VF-LGC-RLX (Insula Thesauraria)
Redeem Here

Year One Shaders, Emblems, and Grimoire Codes:
Redeem here: http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption

YKA-RJG-MH9 (Grimoire: Warlock)
3DA-P4X-F6A (Grimoire: Titan)
MVD-4N3-NKH (Grimoire: Hunter)
TCN-HCD-TGY (Grimoire: Rixis)
HDX-ALM-V4K (Grimoire: Old Russia)
473-MXR-3X9 (Grimoire: Hive)
JMR-LFN-4A3 (Grimoire: Moon)
HC3-H44-DKC (Grimoire: Gjallorhorn)
69P-KRM-JJA (Grimoire: Duke MK.44)
69P-VCH-337 (Grimoire: The Tower)
69R-CKD-X7L (Grimoire: Ogre)
69R-DDD-FCP (Grimoire: Valley of the Kings, Mars)
69R-F99-AXG (Grimoire: The Fallen)
69R-VL7-J6A (Grimoire: Red Death)
69X-DJN-74V (Grimoire: The Cabal)
6A7-7NP-3X7 (Grimoire: The Devastated Coast)
6A9-DTG-YGN (Grimoire: Vex Minotaur)
7F9-767-F74 (Emblem: Sign of the Finite)
FJ9-LAM-67F (Emblem: Binding Focus)
JD7-4CM-HJG (Emblem: Illusion of Light)
JDT-NLC-JKM (Emblem: Ab Aeterno)
JNX-DMH-XLA (Emblem: Field of Light)
7CP-94V-LFP (Emblem: Lone Focus, Jagged Edge)
X4C-FGX-MX3 (Emblem: Note of Conquest)
X9F-GMA-H6D (Emblem: The Unimagined Plane)
N3L-XN6-PXF (Emblem: The Reflective Proof)
A7L-FYC-44X (Emblem: Flames of Forgotten Truth)
7MM-VPD-MHP (Shader: Double Banshee)
RXC-9XJ-4MH (Shader: Oracle 99)

Destiny-Massively-Successful-Over-5-Million-Unique-Twitch-Viewers-On-Week-One-459279-2.jpg

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna have to ask that you censor that Thorn in the splash image. Some of us experienced serious trauma in Y1.

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Triggered.

PSN: jfrofl
  • HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to ask that you censor that Thorn in the splash image. Some of us experienced serious trauma in Y1.

In non-Banner/Trials PVP it's still handing out serious trauma...

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »

That thing is pretty prominently displayed in that picture, isn't it? Maybe that's why Bungie was so reluctant to nerf it.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I got 320 Boots finally!

And still no Harrowed Primary or Harrowed Helmet... Ever.

Bungie pls

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Could somebody explain to me how the alt rep boost works for IB? Never run another character through the gauntlet before.

I've got my main just short of 4 and my titan alt is approaching rank 3. Once they're at the same rank, will the bonus cease?

@NerfThatMan

yeah, the alt bonus only applies when your character is below the character you have at the highest rank

got my hunter all the way from 0 to 5 today just knocking out the three daily bounties and all the weekly ones, so seven wins total

it'll be even easier tomorrow and Monday

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    fun HM run tonight. finally got a full set of NM gear so got that pretty white and red shader. just need the helm and chest from HM for the other set

that random death on leaving thunderdome bug is obnoxious but we get it done anyway

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Unicron80Unicron80 Registered User regular
    Join up time now on Hawkbeard for ps4 Iditarod Beagles

Steam: Unicron80 PSN: Hawkbeard
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Anybody IBing on xbone side?
    Looking to start my Warlock down the path to rank 5 and I just don't fancy soloing that since that's comfortably my worst pvp character for some reason.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • NerfThatManNerfThatMan Registered User regular
    Had some really good games tonight, thanks all!

PSN: corporateshill
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Wait, so to get throwing knife kills you want me to use a handcannon? Do you want me to die?

• jjae2123jjae2123 Registered User regular
    I got to rank 5 and finally my hunter broke 300! I'm now sitting at a lovely 303 from 296 when I started IB. I now have a Red Death, a SGA, plan c and a helm for my titan.

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Well that was a frustrating night. Multiple mid match pairings against fire teams with the last one ending in a disconnect from the server.

GG Bungie.

In other news the Saldin "defender of all leafy health foods" vendor roll AR is everywhere and it really seems to counter my MIDA pretty superbly at anything closer than the inside edge of mid range. Meh.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Doing a bit of the googling tonight I found a thing on reddit about Glimmer farming (because I'm poor right now)... there's a table that doesn't format well when copied/pasted, but here's the link in case anyone's interested.

If you have the right build it looks like you can hit most spots and cap your glimmer very quickly... gonna have to test it post IB

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/33ytmu/glimmer_and_you_a_complete_quantitative_guide_to/

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    jjae2123 wrote: »
    I got to rank 5 and finally my hunter broke 300! I'm now sitting at a lovely 303 from 296 when I started IB. I now have a Red Death, a SGA, plan c and a helm for my titan.

Woohoo, congrats jjae! Knew you'd make it eventually.

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Another knife kill didn't register

Come the fuck on, Bridget!

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    This Blink Strike bounty feels like the setup for a the aristocrats joke.

Jesus christ. If that one didn't count, either the bounty's definition of "hitting them in the back" is psychotically narrow, or the bounty is just straight up broken.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Max agility Striker + MIDA + Shoulder Charge = lol
    Toss in double lightning grenades and you got a stew going, baby

Khraul wrote: »
    Doing a bit of the googling tonight I found a thing on reddit about Glimmer farming (because I'm poor right now)... there's a table that doesn't format well when copied/pasted, but here's the link in case anyone's interested.

If you have the right build it looks like you can hit most spots and cap your glimmer very quickly... gonna have to test it post IB

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/33ytmu/glimmer_and_you_a_complete_quantitative_guide_to/

This is good stuff. I definitely need glimmer. Burned through all my saved glimmer items in my back.

I'm space poor

edited January 2016
    Sirialis on
    edited January 2016
    Max agility Striker + MIDA + Shoulder Charge = lol
    Toss in double lightning grenades and you got a stew going, baby

Just a couple of grown guardians, making some stew.

baykkA.png

(Sorry, getting to join in on an Arrested Development stew joke is like an annual holiday, I can't afford to miss it)

Unicron80 on
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Wait, so to get throwing knife kills you want me to use a handcannon? Do you want me to die?

I'd have thought you'd do alright using TLW which seems to be much better this patch depending on the map.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    So it turns out shadestep is really awesome

https://youtu.be/4juM0ktbM2w

• morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    Got my top score in match in a game my team lost by 5000 points, so that was interesting. If any of you were wondering, you don't get a "the best... around" medal for that either. You get a "well, on the bright side.."

As @Booker says, guess I should have carried harder, lol. Got all my guys to rank 5, received a 313 chest, a 314 fusion rifle, and a 314 sniper. Nothing great perk wise on any of them. Well, actually the chestpiece was for my hunter, and it was void armor/pulse ammo, which is actually perfect for her, soo.. that is actually an upgrade I guess.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Got my top score in match in a game my team lost by 5000 points, so that was interesting. If any of you were wondering, you don't get a "the best... around" medal for that either. You get a "well, on the bright side.."

As Booker says, guess I should have carried harder, lol. Got all my guys to rank 5, received a 313 chest, a 314 fusion rifle, and a 314 sniper. Nothing great perk wise on any of them. Well, actually the chestpiece was for my hunter, and it was void armor/pulse ammo, which is actually perfect for her, soo.. that is actually an upgrade I guess.

I've won about 16 "On the bright side" medals... they are amusing.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Does anyone wanna run a nightfall? I could run it up to 3 times. PS4

PSN: jfrofl
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »

"Oh, dude! He's going to shadestep past the bladedancer?! PFFT oh nvm."

Trials with a group of third tier characters is a unique hell

GMaster7 wrote: »

"Oh, dude! He's going to shadestep past the bladedancer?! PFFT oh nvm."

yeah no

the funny thing is i dont even have that subclass fully leveled. i only have shadestep from graviton forfeit (i think it is called). shadestep is really awesome for shotgunning, it seriously disorients people

i have to say i really love the map rotation in this round of IB. there isnt a single map that i feel is unbalanced.

there is a good mix of open vs close quarters. that new map on the dreadnaught is a little big but i like it. it really rewards staying alive and holding b rather than straight meat grinder play.

truthfully i would have liked some more of the smaller maps thrown in the mix as well - asylum, anomaly (thats the moon one with the cube thing in the middle right?). but its not the end of the world that they arent there.

• TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    What should I be doing with all the greens I'm not using? Can I just dismantle them or should I bee saving them for something?

Level 14 now! For those asking, I'm on PS4 and PSN is AnarchyAnt. I'm having a lot of fun with the PvE side. There are a lot of games on my plate, but I may go ahead and pick up a headset for this just in case.

dismantle

edited January 2016
    We had a little busted go at Warpriest, someone died on the first damage phase (Megan I think?) and then @jefe414 dies on the 2nd damage phase where we almost killed him anyway.

This is the end of it. http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sirialis/video/13634224 cutting it a little close, but nice recovery though.

I blame @jefe414 since he is the resident "Blame Morgan" when @morgan_coke isnt around.

My Warlock is 319 now, I just had to cannibalize a few of my Hunters drops. (320 gloves)

Sirialis on
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    i have to say i really love the map rotation in this round of IB. there isnt a single map that i feel is unbalanced.

there is a good mix of open vs close quarters. that new map on the dreadnaught is a little big but i like it. it really rewards staying alive and holding b rather than straight meat grinder play.

truthfully i would have liked some more of the smaller maps thrown in the mix as well - asylum, anomaly (thats the moon one with the cube thing in the middle right?). but its not the end of the world that they arent there.

I honestly could do without cathedral. I'm not adverse to big maps but there's a 5-6 sprint to the first zone and you never see any fighting in that bit of the map. The whole of the map looks the same so it's easy to get lost (pantheon shades its areas with different colours).

Taking point b can be a real slog while the places where you spawn are normally miles from anywhere.

It just seems to be a relatively poor map compared to some of the others.

PSN Fleety2009
    Got myself over 300 light today with the rewards for hitting rank 5 in the Iron Banner.

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    I had every intention of getting all my characters up to rank 5 this Iron Banner, but I don't know if I can be bothered.

Think I need to take some time off from destiny, it just doesn't hold the level of allure that would be worth putting up with the lag bullshit (IB on Tuesday was a terrible pit of lag) right now.

On the bright side, Amanda Holliday was selling two of the vendor ships I didn't have today. 1 uncommon and 8 rare ships to go.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    What do the little white icons mean at the top right of item icons?

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    What do the little white icons mean at the top right of item icons?

It indicates which items are Taken King, or year 2 items

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Got a 319 machine gun from IB rank 5 and a 310 ghost (beating my 289). Sitting at a pretty sweer 303-305 light spot!

My helm is 297 and arms are 296, desperately want that wear priest helmet though. It like a dinosaur god thingy and its dope

J3qcnBP.png