As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Raid the Tombs for [steam]!

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Scratchy wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    Oh, Antoshka must be back. :wink:

Dark Souls. I thought I'd never play it, now it won't let me go.
    Send help.
    Don't send help; you'll only be cursed as well.

Go into the forest in human form if you need help... lot of helpful folks in there.
    Try Crying

I play it offline. Nice try though. :wink:

Then there's no harm in checking out the forest. You'll want to at some point anyway since there's a boss there.

I still need the symbol that lets me though. 20,000 Souls is a chunk of change.

the 20k symbol is just a shortcut to skip a very easy boss.

What very easy boss is that?

Hydra. It's really a miniboss I think, since it doesn't get a proper HP bar, but it's basically a boss. If you haven't had it spitting giant salvos of water at you despite killing Havel and the Moth, you've somehow been a very boring explorer.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    METAL SLUG X:

Loading...?

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae:

Loading...?

steam_sig.png
    One Way Heroics:

Loading...?

steam_sig.png
    Chainsaw Warrior:

Loading...?

steam_sig.png
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Banished has no real structure to getting better, but I'm having too much fun to care. Currently staring at my population, hoping that it grows before all the old people kick the bucket.

Sheltered. Reminds me of This war of Mine mixed with fallout and more gamey.

Part of me is morally offended, but I gave them an exposure suit and a knife and told them to find food.

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    This is incredibly late, but I'd like to give my thanks to the ever generous @akajaybay and @Idx86 for their gifts this winter holiday :biggrin:

I've had a pretty busy time with family the past few weeks and hadn't gotten a chance to sit down and even play anything or send my thanks.

The jaybay gifted me the Invisible, Inc. DLC completely out of the blue, which I cannot wait to dig into, and I won Idx's giveaway of Undertale, the first one I've entered in some time and my first win in a year. I'm also incredibly excited about that from everything I've heard about it.

Thanks so much, you guys!

• Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Oh, Antoshka must be back. :wink:

Dark Souls. I thought I'd never play it, now it won't let me go.
    Send help.
    Don't send help; you'll only be cursed as well.

Go into the forest in human form if you need help... lot of helpful folks in there.
    Try Crying

I play it offline. Nice try though. :wink:

Then there's no harm in checking out the forest. You'll want to at some point anyway since there's a boss there.

I still need the symbol that lets me though. 20,000 Souls is a chunk of change.

the 20k symbol is just a shortcut to skip a very easy boss.

What very easy boss is that?

I think they're talking about the Moonlight Butterfly. Pretty easy.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Cinders was a lot of fun. Very well written, good music, fun characters who weren't just caricatures like most versions of the story, and the art was lovely. I might go through it again to see other endings, but honestly I was quite happy with the one I got. Definitely worth the price I got it for even if it was just a bit over 2 hours to finish one playthrough.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Managed to avoid buying anything in the sale until just now, when I got Crypt of the Necrodancer and Cryptark. I've already played Necrodancer during the free weekend, so I loaded up Cryptark and played through the very easy tutorial level. It seems really good so far, especially for an early access game that just had it's v.3 release. And I have no doubt that it's going to get quite difficult later on.

• FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    I played and completed Dark Souls 100% last summer, now the dark soul-ish urge to git gud is re-emerging, I'm looking into buying Dark Souls 2 but I can't buy the Sotfs edition because my graphic card does not support Directx 11, I wouldn't be able to even start it. My question is, should I buy the standard edition + all its dlcs right now or should I wait for when I''ll be able to play the Sotfs edition, is it worth waiting for?

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    It's constantly raining here at the moment. I know the stereotypical image of Britain is that it rains ALL THE TIME, like, say, Seattle, and usually that's honestly not the case. But it is at the moment.

@an_alt is clearly aware of this.

yrue9x2gohui.jpg

Thank you very much indeed for Drizzlepath! And what a wonderful title that is. <3

• DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    Thank you very much @an_alt for the gift of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

63faxtX.jpg

I'm looking forward to playing it.

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Oh cool, I won Dungeon of the Endless!

Thanks @Iolo !

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Love this game. Bought an extra copy and thought I'd throw it up here.

signature.png

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    bleh i'm pretty frustrated with massive chalice right now.

i can't manage my lineages properly.

The amount of babies born is too random at times for my times and I savescummed around it a few times because that part of the game was not fun for me.

Basically if I made a new marriage and got 10+ years with no children at all I reloaded.

@SanderJK yeah I didn't want to save scum but now i'm about to start my third playthrough aaaaand the fun is being drained pretty damn quickly. I think I might have an earlier save from one of the games where I nearly made it to year 300. Could be time to go back and forget the failures.

steam_sig.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Banished has no real structure to getting better, but I'm having too much fun to care. Currently staring at my population, hoping that it grows before all the old people kick the bucket.

One tip that helped me was to consider houses your population control. The more houses you build, the more that people will breed, so don't build houses willy nilly unless you need more people and have the food to support them.

• BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Reposting for today!
    Berylline wrote: »
    Ok! I usually do a little giveaway to celebrate Benji's Adoption Day, coming up on the 4th. This is going to be a random mix of games. Open to the G&T group, and ending on the evening of January 4! <3

A lot of friends have this wishlisted:
    signature.png

My Game of the Year 2015, 2014, & 2013:
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

Cleaning out my inventory:
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

• BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    So, I ended up getting 11 games this sale (haha, oops?), mostly smaller indie titles. I've already finished 6 of them though, and played a bit of 2 others. Take that, backlog! Here are some brief write-ups for anyone that may be interested in some of them. I really enjoyed Brilliant Shadows and Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star. I already raved about Brilliant Shadows, and if you've enjoyed the first Hatoful Boyfriend, you'll enjoy Holiday Star. It went from utterly ridiculous to kind of deep and feels-y.

Sunset and Verde Station were also pretty good. Sunset was a really interesting take on war from someone not directly involved. You're a housekeeper for a man in a country undergoing a revolution in the 70s. As you clean the house, you figure out what's going on by seeing news articles, corresponding with the apartment owner in notes, and writing in your diary. You're also playing as a black woman, originally from the United States, so her background and experiences tie in. It's not action-packed, but it was good. In Verde Station, you're alone on a space station. You have to figure out what's going on by exploring. It was nice and short, but had quite the ending.

Asphyxia was ok. Its main draw (besides pretty art), is that all of the characters are Romantic Era poets, but reimagined as schoolgirls on a field trip. You play Samatha Taylor Coleridge, and the main issue is your damaged friendship with Lillian Wordsworth (with whom you are extremely obsessed). You're seriously depressed though, and one of several possible endings results in your suicide. So, it's not as light and fluffy as the art makes it appear.

Sword Daughter was not so great. It was adapted from an 80s choose-your-own adventure type book. Basically, you're a somewhat inept not-Eowyn and you meet up with not-Legolas right away. All of the good endings I ran into resulted in you riding off into the sunset with the handsome elf. Not that I am against this in theory, but it's kind of limited. There are no, "Hey, that was a great adventure and it was nice meeting you, but I'm off to go on more adventures now!" endings, at least that I found. (I only got 12 out of 22 though, so it's possible there's some more variety.) But, when my very first playthrough resulted in me getting knocked unconscious twice in one day and then the elf, having known me for about an afternoon, declaring his love, that sort of gives you a clear picture of the game.

Those are the games I've finished. I've also played a bit of Legends of Solitaire (If you like themed solitaire, like Faerie Solitaire, this is more of the same) and Dungeon Siege II. (I'm not going to lie, I mostly picked up DSII because a few weeks ago, I wanted games that would let me play as a dryad, and this came up as an option. Not my usual type of game, and I'm not sure it'll hold my interest to the end, but I'm enjoying it so far and plan on playing some more.)

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    header.jpg
    Loading...?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I'm not entirely sure this one works... but:

header.jpg
    header.jpg

Loading...?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    @chrisnl, this guide will answer virtually every mechanics question you can think of for Kotor. It doesn't cover the Yavin space station dlc, but otherwise it's downright exhaustive.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Hydra. It's really a miniboss I think, since it doesn't get a proper HP bar, but it's basically a boss. If you haven't had it spitting giant salvos of water at you despite killing Havel and the Moth, you've somehow been a very boring explorer.

Oh, I've met the Hydra. I can't seem to get it to stop spitting water at me, and nearly died thrice. Then again, I'm also assuming I can't run through the water (without drowning and dying).
    I think they're talking about the Moonlight Butterfly. Pretty easy.

I killed Moonlight last night.

Also, I don't have the Master Key as my starting gift.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Class attack! Thanks to @iolo for Dungeon of the Endless. Downloading it now!

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Satellite Reign is pretty awesome.

People say it's like Syndicate (or a syndicate for today), which it is in terms of setting. The gameplay though is actually a lot more focused on stealth, infiltration and to some extent puzzling. Frequently it's a bad idea to engage in a fight unless you have a good tactical position or if you significantly outnumber your opponents. In a straight up shootout you will die.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    It's constantly raining here at the moment. I know the stereotypical image of Britain is that it rains ALL THE TIME, like, say, Seattle, and usually that's honestly not the case. But it is at the moment.

an_alt is clearly aware of this.

Thank you very much indeed for Drizzlepath! And what a wonderful title that is. <3

It isn't raining in Seattle. It is snowing. Does that count?

@kendrik game me

header.jpg?t=1447355117

My son has told me he likes platformers. I have a few, but this one caught my eye as it is puzzle, but controler support. As my son is doing his gaming in the living room via link, controler support is great.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    After reading one very passionate review, i decided to buy Fairy Fencer F at the last day of Steam Sale. I didn't even play Neptunia yet, so im not sure if buying another jRPG was the right idea, but whatever. Anyone played?

• IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    q0jp67iq1x61.png

Aww I was safe for a good while there. Thanks @iolo <3<3

1.png 249K
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Finally home after a week of airports, car rides, and sleeping on a couch, but fams are worth it. And I see FF9 is actually getting a PC port after all? Happy holidays indeed!

s7Imn5J.png
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Finally home after a week of airports, car rides, and sleeping on a couch, but fams are worth it. And I see FF9 is actually getting a PC port after all? Happy holidays indeed!

Wait what? When Were how?

Edit:

Google Foo: http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ff9/en/

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Still need a 2 and a 6. I've got extra 1, 3, 5, 7, and 10.

Mobile Authenticators preferred.

• StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Any thoughts on There Came an Echo? Doing one last sweep for the sale and it looks curiously tactical and cyberpunky, soundtrack seems pretty rad too.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    Played some Massive Chalice for a bit (really neat so far) and save up and exit to make a trip to the store only to be greeted by some classic @Iolo shenanigans.

IoloBorderlandsPreSequel_zpscd1prdzh.jpg

There's not much in this world that could improve on the fun I had in BL2 but buttslammin' seems like just the thing that could do the trick. Thanks so much man!

steam_sig.png
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    @Pixelated Pixie blames me (falsly) for getting her to sub to FF14 again. I think there's insufficient evidence to convict, but the Pixie doesn't subscribe to this view, apparently.
    9d2qaulmznft.jpg
    Thank you! Now stop it. This current round of Final Fantasy 14 is not my fault. :razz:

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    chrisnl, this guide will answer virtually every mechanics question you can think of for Kotor. It doesn't cover the Yavin space station dlc, but otherwise it's downright exhaustive.

Wait there's DLC for KOTOR? I had no idea. I wonder if it is included with the Steam version, since there doesn't seem to be a way to purchase it. Considering the age of the game I'm a little surprised there is DLC at all, even if this particular piece of DLC was apparently free.

steam_sig.png
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Yavin DLC was a cool little side story, plus it gave your access to a really nice saber crystal, iirc.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    chrisnl, this guide will answer virtually every mechanics question you can think of for Kotor. It doesn't cover the Yavin space station dlc, but otherwise it's downright exhaustive.

Wait there's DLC for KOTOR? I had no idea. I wonder if it is included with the Steam version, since there doesn't seem to be a way to purchase it. Considering the age of the game I'm a little surprised there is DLC at all, even if this particular piece of DLC was apparently free.

Yavin Station is supposed to be included with the PC game. It's a destination you can choose.

And don't read his link until you play once.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »

Yavin Station is supposed to be included with the PC game. It's a destination you can choose.

And don't read his link until you play once.

Jokes on you. There is no link

camo_sig.png
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    Still need a 2 and a 6. I've got extra 1, 3, 5, 7, and 10.

Mobile Authenticators preferred.

Wanna know something weird? I've had Mobile Authentication since it began.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Thanks @JMan711 for Legacy of Kain!

This discussion has been closed.