As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

StarCraft: Rumors of Starcraft 3 where as real as a full night's sleep.

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Also, talk to @Variable

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Yeah, PvT is this bizarre flipflop from how it used to be. It used to be T's goal was to come out the gate swinging and try to constantly trade to keep the game in a low tech state. Now the P has strong pressure options and easy greed with pylon cannon, while T has the superior late game tech.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Just finished the 3 lead-in missions to the actual campaign. Man, I really hope they introduce a "fun" Protoss character, because if it's 20+ missions of "For Honor!" and "We're so single-minded and boring!" then things will get dull quick. That's why the Terran are so much fun. Will screw each other over for a buck. Plus they had a jukebox playing awesome music. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    There's Alarak, aka Darth Protoss. I know some people found him tropey, but I liked that he was so unapologetically selfish.

Even his motive for killing Amon isn't "this dude is a problem for everyone including me", it's "this guy misled me indirectly and I'm going to make him pay".

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    ultras :(

the worst part, just above them being so hard to kill, is that the scrappy way the lategame used to go sometimes is totally dead. there used to be a bunch of little pockets of MMM microing against things all over the map but you really can't against ultras. or you can you just never actually kill them unless your force was already overwhelming.

bleeeeeh. I know there are tech options and I'm working at finding the right way to balance the necessary units, which work better for me, etc. they are just really hard to kill still!

edit - I also get that it was super annoying to have mmm killing ultras. if you're a disgusting zerg I mean.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    @Variable

I am slowly learning the new units and shaking off my rust.

Placed into Gold, then got some build practice the other night while @Invictus handled the micro in archon games.

I noticed a little while ago that you were playing a ladder game, which inspired me to hop out of HotS and into SC2.

Had an action-packed macro ZvP. Eventually wore the guy down with lots of ravagers.

Turns out he's Diamond, which makes me feel better about how tiring and difficult that game was.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    yessss. yessssssssssssssssssssssssss.

• Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    China got an ongoing archon tourney! :3

Panda4You on
    Holy fuck, Marinelord all-kills Korea in the Nation Wars finals. I tuned in just in time to miss the last game. :<

oh I didn't even realize they were running the finals today too. oops./

but WHAT? that's insane! def gonna have to watch the rerun

Variable wrote: »

He also did most of the work in the semifinals. The finals are def worth watching though; that guy was on fire.

• hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »

He also did most of the work in the semifinals. The finals are def worth watching though; that guy was on fire.

Scarlett whyyyyyyyy? (I really didn't understand her strategic decisions in the semifinals against Marinelord.)

• RobesRobes Registered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »

Scarlett whyyyyyyyy? (I really didn't understand her strategic decisions in the semifinals against Marinelord.)

I dont understand why they picked her a second time when huk beat him earlier.

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?

Wow, that was awesome. Did Avilo go back on his statement or just remain ignorant?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    It's Avilo. What do you think?

edited January 2016
    Robes wrote: »
    hippofant wrote: »

I dont understand why they picked her a second time when huk beat him earlier.
    Yeah sad as it is to say, as she's one of my favourite players, Scarlett hasn't been close to being a top tier player in the last ~12 months. She's simply found better or more important things to do than grind sc2 for 10 hours a day I guess, and I wish her the best with those.

Panda4You on
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    It's Avilo. What do you think?

Probably not? Then again, I don't know who Avilo is. Probably for the best though.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    I feel as though this was mentioned before but I am not sure. Activision-Blizzard acquired MLG

I feel as though this was mentioned before but I am not sure. Activision-Blizzard acquired MLG

Not quite. They did not acquire the personnel; just the literal things. But as I understand it, that includes things like the Columbus Arena.

edited January 2016
    I've finally gotten back into the campaign! :) I gave up on it, 8-10 missions in, since I'm so goddamn shit with protoss, but I've finally gotten the void rays and, hell, let the A-moving commence! I giggled a little when this tooltip showed up during a map load:
    The most powerful army is made from a variety of units that can cover each other's weaknesses.
    NOEP

All ray, erry day!

Panda4You on
    Panda4You wrote: »
    I've finally gotten back into the campaign! :) I gave up on it, 8-10 missions in, since I'm so goddamn shit with protoss, but I've finally gotten the void rays and, hell, let the A-moving commence! I giggled a little when this tooltip showed up during a map load:
    The most powerful army is made from a variety of units that can cover each other's weaknesses.
    NOEP

All ray, erry day!

The ones with AoE damage will carry you a longgggg way.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I prefer the single target ones actually.

yeah, I've run with the aoe voidrays up until now but on the last mission I notice that the aoe-beams doesn't even make a dent in ling hp bars. :/
    Probably better to go with the templar rays, no?

Mass Voidrays carried me through every mission until the finale, where I finally had to break out the Carriers.

edited January 2016
    The old campaigns you could replay archive missions using all your "current" unlocks, but I've heard something about replaying LotV missions resets your solar upgrades to the point where you're at after the mission in question?
    Edit: Ok, you don't have shit for solarite in the master archives, that's nice...
    Edit2: Wait, what the fuck? You unlock solarite in mission archives by doing sidequests while replaying mission accessed from the archives, but you start at the basic solarite you'd have from just copmleting missions up to that point? That's not clunky at all...

Panda4You on
    The old campaigns you could replay archive missions using all your "current" unlocks, but I've heard something about replaying LotV missions resets your solar upgrades to the point where you're at after the mission in question?
    Edit: Ok, you don't have shit for solarite in the master archives, that's nice...
    Edit2: Wait, what the fuck? You unlock solarite in mission archives by doing sidequests while replaying mission accessed from the archives, but you start at the basic solarite you'd have from just copmleting missions up to that point? That's not clunky at all...

It's a bug, per the Blizzard forums.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I am thinking about getting the CE of LotV to round out my set of StarCraft 2 CEs. It seems kind of crappy though.

edited January 2016
    SSL started

nydus worms should probably not really work how they do. kinda silly.

edit - and GSL started! I'd bump for live stream but I don't wanna just be talking to myself

Variable on
    Oh, master archives solarite reset again. Take your time fixing that one guys, game's only been out for two-three months? ^^

I think I'm gonna play lots of Starcraft tonight. GSL last night was fun.

Korean archon tourney on Basetrade:
    teamliquid.net/video/streams/BasetradeTV

• hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Korean archon tourney on Basetrade:
    teamliquid.net/video/streams/BasetradeTV

They're not currently live. Playlist are old videos that they stream while offline. (?)

edited January 2016
    Oh, forgot about the break in between DH qualifiers :redface:
    It was great seeing MMA going "NO GG" when he and whoever it was lost though :D

Panda4You on
    edited January 2016
    Oh, master archives solarite reset again. Take your time fixing that one guys, game's only been out for two-three months? ^^
    In other excellent Blizzard game handling news, coop maps can't be completed right now. When the last objective's been cleared the "victory" screen never pops up, game just keeps going. ^^
    Edit: Restarting the game seems to have cleared that up for us but we played two matches before that with just the same result. :/ And since all blizzard games are centralized server-only nowadays...

Panda4You on
    Nearly time for the gee ess elllllllll

edited January 2016
    Having it on only twice a week is a much better schedule than the daily barrage we used to get back in the early days.

And WAY better than the intermittent weekend tournaments where you get INUNDATED with Starcraft for a weekend and then nothing for months.

Dhalphir on
    Trap put on a clinic.

Motherfucking Dark, infestors and ultras (aside from the ubiquitous roaches and ravagers) out at 9 minutes. Who'd imagine that a year ago?
    Those early infestors actually seem like quite the ace up the sleeve with those ravagers?

edited January 2016
    VODs go up at www.youtube.com/user/AfreecaTV btw

Dhalphir on