As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Raid the Tombs for [steam]!

• WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    chrisnl wrote: »
    chrisnl, this guide will answer virtually every mechanics question you can think of for Kotor. It doesn't cover the Yavin space station dlc, but otherwise it's downright exhaustive.

Wait there's DLC for KOTOR? I had no idea. I wonder if it is included with the Steam version, since there doesn't seem to be a way to purchase it. Considering the age of the game I'm a little surprised there is DLC at all, even if this particular piece of DLC was apparently free.

Yavin Station is supposed to be included with the PC game. It's a destination you can choose.

And don't read his link until you play once.

Jokes on you. There is no link

What? I checked the link. It goes through...

• DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    @iolo strikes again. Thank you.

n0BMrxo.jpg

I really loved the soundtrack to this game while I played it. I like to listen to a lot of game soundtracks while I work (Zelda, Journey, Darksiders, etc)

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I'm having the worst time narrowing down what to pick up now that the sale is finally at its ending hours. I can choose a few cheap games, and get up to 5 of them, or one big thing and go with 1-3 games at most, and still stay within a lower budget.

Or just go hog wild and get 7 new games, but leave me mostly drained of cash.

I am having game choice paralysis at the cart. Damn you Steam, what have you done to me . . .

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I'm having the worst time narrowing down what to pick up now that the sale is finally at its ending hours. I can choose a few cheap games, and get up to 5 of them, or one big thing and go with 1-3 games at most, and still stay within a lower budget.

Or just go hog wild and get 7 new games, but leave me mostly drained of cash.

I am having game choice paralysis at the cart. Damn you Steam, what have you done to me . . .

List what you're looking at and we'll help you decide!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    On the last legs of the sale, was eyeing Dyling Light for awhile but honestly, Pillar of Eternity's white march expansion should get my money since the last part should be out this month.

I really need to get back to Pillars more than any other. I got sidetracked months ago but it really deserves a full playthrough.

I need to shove all the shit I'm currently playing aside and give it the time once and for all.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    @HyphyKezzy wants me to have a happy Hong Kong with shadow run Hong Kong. I suppose I should finish the Dragon dlc now.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    chasm wrote: »
    Still need a 2 and a 6. I've got extra 1, 3, 5, 7, and 10.

Mobile Authenticators preferred.

Wanna know something weird? I've had Mobile Authentication since it began.

Somebody just tried to trade with me and was apparently denied with the following message:
    Santa Claustrophobia has not been using the Mobile Authenticator for 7 days or has turned off trade confirmations

Which is sort of half true because I re-initialised the thing a few days ago because I'd reset my phone and blahblah.

Valve is new to the internet.

EDIT:
    So, I guess it doesn't matter who uses what. I'd still like to trade.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    @HyphyKezzy wants me to have a happy Hong Kong with shadow run Hong Kong. I suppose I should finish the Dragon dlc now.
    Dragonfall is amazing.

Makes Returns' original compaign look like a demo.

• IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    oohom6uf4aam.png

@HyphyKezzy got me as well. Wants everyone to play Shadowrun: Hong Kong I think. Thank you. <3

Isorn on
    2.png 221.8K
  • Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    edited January 2016

@HyphyKezzy also classed me with Shadow Run Hong Kong. Revenge shall be swift.

Edit: Got caught up in the revenging to explicitly say it... Thanks!

Brutal J on
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Oh neat, Yavin is a selectable destination. Guess I know where I'm headed next!

steam_sig.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm 50 hours into Way of the Samurai 4 and still not done, even though I've "beat" it several times. This game, man. I've been a fan of the series since the first game and this series is still rocking. I hope it sells so that we get future games, or even previous ones, on the PC.

2 more endings and several more people to sleep with, and I think I'll be good for a while.

In KOTOR?

Don't get too excited, it's just a merchant ship near it sadly.

• HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    Brutal J wrote: »
    HyphyKezzy wants me to have a happy Hong Kong with shadow run Hong Kong. I suppose I should finish the Dragon dlc now.

HyphyKezzy also classed me with Shadow Run Hong Kong. Revenge shall be swift.

Edit: Got caught up in the revenging to explicitly say it... Thanks!

@Brutal J was not playing around. This popped up with a few Hong Kongs to go.

BrutalJGatouttaHell_zpszrii5stl.jpg

Thanks a bunch for Gat Out of Hell!

steam_sig.png
    edited January 2016
    I spotted @Grove's trap and figured telling just one person my shopping woes wouldn't cause harm. Instead, it caused rack and ruin.

2oaxuq94xpzx.jpg

Thanks! :heartbeat:
    Mainly, I'm twisting about Dark Souls II:Scholar of Something or Other, naturally. I have so much of the first left, but know I'll want the second, but have so many other games that technically it could wait . . .

Kalnaur on
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I turn my back for ONE SECOND and @HyphyKezzy hits me out of nowhere!

Because I already own Shadowrun, Kezzy struck in other less expected ways!
    NM9SICQ.png

Now I dont know a whole bunch about school buses. What I do know about is regular buses. If you go under 60mph they explode, and you always shoot the hostage.

Using my knowledge of regular bus protocols, I am ready to take all the kids to school.

Thanks so much Kezzy. <3<3<3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Steam Discovery Queue is killing it for me lately. Added like 10 games to my wishlist in the past few days.

I was cleaning the kitchen, and looked over while my 80s-90s station played "Bad" to see this:

6q5ht0oqrcy7.jpg

@Pixelated Pixie is bad, Mikey. She's totally bad. :razz:

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Evochen Mercenary or Rebel Galaxy?

LostNinja on
    @UseR2006 felt a need to get witchy on me . . .

wluc9d014q78.jpg

Andohmahgadstahp. My shopping list was DSII, Fairy Fencer F, Ryse, Ys Origin, Doom & Destiny, and Alphadia Genesis. Any input would be helpful.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I got a shiny Steam gift card and I don't know what to spend it on.

At this point I might wait till the big February rush

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

There's not much to do, but the mission string is worth it.

Also, you get a taste of new blade colours.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I was cleaning the kitchen, and looked over while my 80s-90s station played "Bad" to see this:

https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/3n/6q5ht0oqrcy7.jpg

@Pixelated Pixie is bad, Mikey. She's totally bad. :razz:

d25xxrl39hvm.gif

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    Someone should straight copy one of the best COD or BLOPS games and straight 63 every character.

No sexy clothes, everything the same. Structure the plot to mimic the original in terms of escalation in the conflict this many levels in, but instead of a nuke....its.........dang, COD used all the good ones.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    @iolo is amazingly great, not only a solid guy to work with when doing community drives, but then he strikes with something like this.

ePw0sGy.png

Its not even on sale! What a crazy dude, so amazingly generous. Thank you so much <3

#iolo

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    @iolo is amazingly great

Can confirm.

• staplerofpaperstaplerofpaper Registered User regular
    Joining in on the " @HyphyKezzy is class and gifted me Shadowrun: Hong Kong" train because... well that is exactly what he did to me. Muchas gracias!

steam_sig.png
    I seem to have forgotten, even after all this time, the Steam thread rule: you can run, but you can't hide:

1e2el52wqvi2.jpg

Thanks again, monster! :heartbeat:

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Anyone willing to proxy a couple gifts for me? My wife was abandoned by both of her Secret Santa matches on Reddit Gifts and I'd like to get her a couple of Steam games, but without them being directly from me.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Woo Y's!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
    Someone should straight copy one of the best COD or BLOPS games and straight 63 every character.

No sexy clothes, everything the same. Structure the plot to mimic the original in terms of escalation in the conflict this many levels in, but instead of a nuke....its.........dang, COD used all the good ones.

Have they used "Orbital Doom Laser"?

• StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular

Ghosts had one, if I recall right.

My money's on "weather machine" for the next one. Maybe they can bring Kevin Spacey back for it, he was perfect for that role.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
    Stolls wrote: »

My money's on "weather machine" for the next one. Maybe they can bring Kevin Spacey back for it, he was perfect for that role.

Honest to god, I was joking. I though those games were supposed to be military shooters, not James Bond sims.

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Man Call of Duty really has turned into a weird parody of itself. It was the FPS series that didn't do cybersoldiers and doomsday lasers.

• StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016

Honest to god, I was joking. I though those games were supposed to be military shooters, not James Bond sims.

Yeah, after a while they got bored with modern conflicts and moved to speculative/futuristic stuff, complete with colorful villains and wacky sci-fi tech. Surprisingly, this has led to some of their better campaigns, like BLOPS2, which had story branches and optional objectives that affect how the plot rolls out. COD:AW was conventionally structured, but still had fun tweaks with cyberarm abilities and grappling hook shenanigans in open battle arenas; Spacey is almost literally Cobra Commander and it landed on the fun side of dumb as hell.

Ghosts was pretty rubbish though, with the pretense of "all South America bands together to attack the United States for some reason." Incidentally, the US is the one that starts with the death ray and they're still somehow the good guys.

Basically, COD's various developers seem to agree the series needs to advance somehow, but are divided as to how, and limited by the yearly release cycle, the standard game format, and the obvious multiplayer focus. Still need to finish BLOPS3, and I think there are select members of both Treyarch and Sledgehammer that could make an awesome singleplayer campaign if they were free of the series' weight to do so.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Just got home from traveling, just in time to actually buy stuff from the sale.

And make a couple giveaways. These are both for Adventure Team.

signature.png

signature.png

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
    Steam shit the bed again.
    SHut down process from task manager
    deleted clientregistery.blob
    Works fine.

Remember this process if you cannot get it to load. Should be in the OP.

• baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular

I buy the yearly CoD release solely for the singleplayer, and they have gotten downright WEIRD of late.

Still, the cognitive dissonance of "ok, and now I'm remotely hacking a giant stompy battle robot to turn it against its former allies, is this REALLY in the same series as the games where I was regularly storming the beaches at Normandy?" goes away quickly when you realize that you are remotely hacking a giant stompy battle robot to turn against its former allies, and also that this is wicked cool.

They've had homicidal rogue AIs, and orbital death weapons, and invisibility cloaks and, well, honestly it's become pretty much a straight-up sci-fi shooter of late.

Also you get to drive a hovertank in Advanced Warfare. HOVER. TANK.

• Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    @HyphyKezzy prompted me to jack back into the matrix!

ikpc7Fo.png

Thanks @HyphyKezzy , been wanting to get back into Shadowrun!

steam_sig.png
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Drake wrote: »
    Man Call of Duty really has turned into a weird parody of itself. It was the FPS series that didn't do cybersoldiers and doomsday lasers.

You know, as someone who hasn't really played COD in years, I'm super cool with that. The alternative is shit like Battlefield Now-We're-Shooting-Russians-and-Chinese! (or Battlefield Celebrating-Cops-Shooting-at-Suspects-Because-That's-Totally-Not-Societally-Tone-Deaf-At-All). Turns out making up conflicts that are obstinately based in the real, contemporary world gets really dumb.

Alls I'm saying is Battlefield 21xx goddammit give me a reason to give a fuck again.

Zxerol on
This discussion has been closed.