As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A saddening article on manga

• KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Love Hina/Battle Vixens is the worst fucking manga I've ever read..

Ever...

Bite Club is the worst fucking comic I've ever read..

Ever...

Berserk/Hellsing/Monster/Ghost in the shell/Akira/Battle Royale is the best manga I've read in a while.

The Immortal Iron Fist/Earth X/Paradise X/Universe X is the best comic I've read in a while.

I'm aware of the fact that these titles are old. I don't give a shit, my opinion still stands. I also don't a shit how popular manga gets. As long good comics exist, I'll (and I'm pretty sure everyone else) always try to read them. The same goes for manga.

EDIT: ... And you guys can say whatever you want about the Naruto anime, but the manga is the only part of the franchise I can really stand anymore. It's been getting a little better as of late.

Please don't hurt me.

KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The Earth X series? Really?

I thought it was a little too convoluted. The ideas were interesting, but many of them contributed nothing to the overall story. Nightcrawler becoming Belasco, for instance.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • LynxLynx Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The Earth X series? Really?

I thought it was a little too convoluted. The ideas were interesting, but many of them contributed nothing to the overall story. Nightcrawler becoming Belasco, for instance.

But it was epic.

Anyway, I read a total of 5 manga. Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Shaman King and Death Note. Naruto, Bleach and SK are guilty pleasures, but they're amusing enough. One Piece and Death Note are actually quite good, though.

Do I think they're inherently better than American comics? Hell no. They aren't as continuity heavy as mainsteam Marvel and DC superhero comics and they have the same writer through the entire series, so retcons are very few and far between. Hence why I read them over American superhero comics (Ultimates, Earth X, Kingdom Come and Watchmen notwithstanding)

However, the stuff Vertigo churns out (Fables, Y, 100 Bullets, Preacher, Sandman, etc) is far better than either, and is what I primarily read.

It doesn't mean manga, even the mainstream stuff, is bad, though.

Lynx on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Kreutz wrote: »
    Considering that fanscans and fanlations were central to manga spreading to other countries, I would think that the manga industry owes a certain debt of gratitude to pirates. I say this because, from what I've read and seen done in the industry, the manga companies don't seem to be ungrateful cocksuckers like a few other organizations I can think of.

Oh jeez, get over yourself

Algertman on
    edited October 2007
    I guess I see Manga differently than most people then. I don't think any title I have read or am reading are crap, but many seem to think so. I personally like all Manga either because of the story telling or the art.

you, wake the fuck up

Algertman on
  • compomancompoman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    ok i used to be an avid reader of manga untill i started to realize a trend. and these trends are for the most or all manga.
    1. they often involve collecting things (inuyasha, pokemon, sailormoon, dragonballz, yuyuhakisho)
    2. they often involve loooong tournaments (naruto, yugioh, pokemon, dragonballz, yuyuhakisho)
    3. if either of those do not apply then they fight a guy, often not adding to a story plotline. (naruto, pokemon, dragonballz, rourouni kenshin)

with all of these they try to draw out the entire story for looooong amounts of books to the point where ihave completely lost interest... however, this does not mean i hate all manga there are few that are near and dear to my heart such as cowboy bebop, samurai champloo, and akira... why? because the ended thats why. spike is dead the two samurai in champloo are dead and akira is just plain vintage and thats what makes them fantastic is that you know that the story may not continue but the legacy of it will, and thats what i plain hate about manga these days.

that and the fact that everyone who owns manga thinks they are collector items... which they arn't. if you can buy whatever book it is your looking for in a barns and nobel then they do not have value...

compoman on
  • LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    compoman wrote: »
    ok i used to be an avid reader of manga untill i started to realize a trend. and these trends are for the most or all manga.
    1. they often involve collecting things (inuyasha, pokemon, sailormoon, dragonballz, yuyuhakisho)
    2. they often involve loooong tournaments (naruto, yugioh, pokemon, dragonballz, yuyuhakisho)
    3. if either of those do not apply then they fight a guy, often not adding to a story plotline. (naruto, pokemon, dragonballz, rourouni kenshin)

with all of these they try to draw out the entire story for looooong amounts of books to the point where ihave completely lost interest... however, this does not mean i hate all manga there are few that are near and dear to my heart such as cowboy bebop, samurai champloo, and akira... why? because the ended thats why. spike is dead the two samurai in champloo are dead and akira is just plain vintage and thats what makes them fantastic is that you know that the story may not continue but the legacy of it will, and thats what i plain hate about manga these days.

that and the fact that everyone who owns manga thinks they are collector items... which they arn't. if you can buy whatever book it is your looking for in a barns and nobel then they do not have value...

A) Thanks for spoiling Champloo for me. Ass.

B) Shonen manga is what that is. It's specifically defined as being that, in fact. You're effectively complaining that sci-fi uses lots of advanced technology, or that musicals have lots of music.

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

with all of these they try to draw out the entire story for looooong amounts of books to the point where ihave completely lost interest... however, this does not mean i hate all manga there are few that are near and dear to my heart such as cowboy bebop, samurai champloo, and akira... why? because the ended thats why. spike is dead the two samurai in champloo are dead

What the fuck are you talking about? They never died.

KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    What about when the meteor landed on them and destroyed Japan?

Synthetic Orange on
  • TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    A lot of those you mentioned are "shounen" series that are aimed at young boys/girls/teens/etc. They release an issue each week-- man i'm too tired to type anymore right now

P.S. Don't post spoilers. Also, go put spoiler tags around your spoilers in your post there.

TM2 Rampage on
  • AvenroshAvenrosh Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    I guess I see Manga differently than most people then. I don't think any title I have read or am reading are crap, but many seem to think so. I personally like all Manga either because of the story telling or the art.

Ash, 90% of EVERYTHING is crap. Accept it and move on. Trying to pretend that this law does not apply to manga is lunacy. It applies to all genres, all mediums, all the time. 90% of comics made this year: CRAP. 90% of comics made last year: CRAP. 90% of comics made in Japan(manga): CRAP. 90% of Comics made in the US: CRAP. 90% of comics made in Europe: CRAP.

If you walk around saying everything is wonderfull, then nothing really is! What your saying is that every manga artist you have read is as good as Osamu Tezuka and you don't want that. (And if you don't know who that is, you don't know manga).

PS. KVW,
    I was pointing out that the best US comics where non-mainstream. Not that they where worse than Japanese stuff. Superman at his best is better than both Pokemon and Naruto. But when was the last time the best Superman comics where in the mainstream DC universe? As opposed to elseworld stories? And Batman? He is the motherfucking Batman. Nuff' said.

So true for everything (movies, music, books, games, design, other art). Talent is a finite resource. All cultures have a lot of crap.

Avenrosh on
  • Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Wildcat wrote: »
    I'm curious, Ash, do you methodically choose which manga to buy, or are you saying that you've never read bad manga at all, even ones you picked up on a whim? I ask because I'd be hard pressed to say that, for example, I'd never read a book I didn't like, or never listened to a rock song I didn't like.

Well for me, I never seem to ge "bad" manga at all, though people told me some were pretty bad. I don't listen to public opinion anyway so unless I can read it and make an informed decision on it, I don't hold any manga to be bad. Suprisingly all my choice on both random manga I felt like, recently Chunchu, Translucent and Hanami International Love Story which I haven't heard about are all good and excellent Manga stories in their own right. Of course no one will always agree so I guess to me, there isn't "bad" manga at all in my views.

Of course, not all of my choices are purely Manga though, there is a lot of Manwha [From Korea] which to me is excellect because it fills out the sword genre feelings, like Now and Chronicals of the Cursed Sword. Manwha also produces some excellect love stories, ala Couple or Queens. Really, Manwha is right up there with Manga as stuff I pick up, the only read why they aren't on the same level with me is that whatever manwha gets filtered through here to the shores of Canada revolves mostly on Adventure/Fantasy and Love Stories. I really wanna read other types of Manwha but most of the producers of Manwha, CPM Manga, ADV, Infinity Studios are horrible, horrible bastions of lies, decits and series cancellations.

I would love to read Taiwanese and Chinese equivilants, but I am unable to find any stores that stock it here and probably will have to go to china town to get it.

However, you wanna ask me about the publishers of Manga here and I will tell you how I hate the publishers but I don't hate their books. I actually feel sorry for the artists and writers who allowed such companies to get their hands on the books.

Tokyopop is one of the good ones, with what I feel good release times, great titles and and excellent track record or releasing my manga on time. Same goes for Del Ray and its excellent xxxHolic series and Viz with its Law of Ueki and Yakitate Japan. Same is said about Dr.Masters and Brocolli.

ADV, Infinity Studios and CPM Manga [which folded] are the worst in picking any series. They have a trend to cancel the series "because big retailers won't pick it up." Well Duh! If your distribution and track record were any good they would pick it up. I'm still crying about who such a good series, Super Trouble Heroine Pop Can hasn't got its second book released yet. Now from Infinity Studios is floundering cause they decided to release it all over agian. I would rather have them finish it than release the whole series up agian. CPM Manga left a huge lurch in the series because they folded.

So in short, I don't see how people could have "bad" manga because all the stuff I read is excellent. There are "bad" publishers of Manga however who decided to do whatever on a whim.

Edit:

I would also like to add that I read both Shonen and Shojo series and everything inbetween and so far haven't found a "bad" manga yet.

Katchem_ash on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2007
    Goatmon wrote: »
    I didn't say that the publishers have actually taken that lesson and applied it somehow, only that Manga has proven that a comic book doesn't have to be about Superheroes in order to sell.

Man, manga didn't prove that. Fuckin' Conan, Elfquest, and the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers proved that almost forty years ago. That was in the early 70s, and since then - depressing as the comics biz can be from time to time - the steady flow of non-superhero titles has waxed and waned, but never stopped.

What Marvel and DC could learn from manga is how simple, continuity-free stories pitched at pre-teens available in a format they can afford and a store they don't have to drive fifty miles to reach can sell like hotcakes, but they have sadly elected not to learn that lesson, or to half-ass it.

That said, even the shittiest shit shit superhero titles could sell five times what they're doing now if they had the tacit assistance of an entire cable network. For decades the economics of animation have meant that it's cheaper for outlets like Sci-Fi and CN to import shows from abroad than to develop their own stuff in-house, so it ends up being what the kids expect to see.

Of course, there are other factors too, like a study mentioned in D&D that showed how anime - with its broad, over-the-top characterizations and exaggerated facial expressions - is hugely popular among autistics and aspies. (Amusingly, the few sufferers that didn't like anime had as their most popular hobbies Bible study, rote memorization of facts, and the novels of Hemingway.)

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2007
    So in short, I don't see how people could have "bad" manga because all the stuff I read is excellent.

Man, whenever anyone criticizes something you like you go on about how it's "just their opinion" and you don't care what they think, but now you're turning around and wondering why people might dislike something that you like?

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited November 2007
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    So in short, I don't see how people could have "bad" manga because all the stuff I read is excellent.

Man, whenever anyone criticizes something you like you go on about how it's "just their opinion" and you don't care what they think, but now you're turning around and wondering why people might dislike something that you like?

I never asked why they don't like it. I never once have said "Why don't you liked manga?". I release that its all everyone's opinion.

Katchem_ash on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Jacobkosh makes a good point about the ubiquity of anime and its effects on manga sales. Anime and manga pretty much function to advertise for each other. What's more, the unified storyline means that the kids can go look for the manga and will not have to wonder why there's differences in the story. If they're a fan of Teen Titans, Justice League, or Spider-Man cartoons, they've got far more titles to wade through and most won't be consistent with the cartoons. The price and format also trump single comic books by far. What I'd like to see is a Marvel Adventures Spidey cartoon that follows the comic exactly, and then we could see how it would affect the sales of the digest sized Marvel Adventures Spidey comic.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Katchem, you still havent answered my question; Do you think every manga artist you read are as good as Osamu Tezuka?

I would like an answer mostly to see what your standards are.

It will help me to see if this conversation is worth continuing, since I have been told you have a "rep" here as "undiscriminating" when it comes to manga. (Note quotation marks).

Kipling217 on
    The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
    edited November 2007
    Katchem, you still havent answered my question; Do you think every manga artist you read are as good as Osamu Tezuka?

I would like an answer mostly to see what your standards are.

It will help me to see if this conversation is worth continuing, since I have been told you have a "rep" here as "undiscriminating" when it comes to manga. (Note quotation marks).

First of all you can't read an artist, you can see what he/she does. Also "OOOOH I'm so scared by your judging of my standards". Like I said before, I do what I like an no amount of wailing is going to change that unless I want to.

Well to the question, having never read Astro boy because I can't find his work anywhere for a decent price, but seen his work I would say Yes.

There have been many artists that are as good or better than him. I would say Ikki Tousen/Battle Club's creator Yuji Shiozaki, is one of the ones, in my opinion who are better. Fate/stay night creator Nishiwaki Datto, is also better.

But there are many, many more who are just as good.

Katchem_ash on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    ...is it just me or is K_A starting to sound like a politician being asked awkward questions about where the money from the development grant actually went?

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I keep telling you, it was just resting in my account.

Wildcat on
    edited November 2007
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    ...is it just me or is K_A starting to sound like a politician being asked awkward questions about where the money from the development grant actually went?

He asked a question and I answered. I don't see how its being politician like. I consider Osamu a good artist as I consider others ones as well to be good or better.

Katchem_ash on
  • LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Everything Asian is awesome. Moving on.

I now have no idea what's actually happened at the end of Champloo! Thank you, PA forums. Now I just need the money to get the last two DVDs. :|

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The manga must have ended differently than the anime. I don't remember any of the main characters dying at the end of the anime.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

He asked a question and I answered. I don't see how its being politician like. I consider Osamu a good artist as I consider others ones as well to be good or better.

No you didn't. He asked a question which you proceeded to evade, than gave the answer to a different question as if it was the answer to the original question.
    There is no more political way to (not) answer a question. And it's the second time you've done as much in this very thread.
    Also, since you're so good at it please do go into politics, I think it would be hilarious.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    edited November 2007
    What I asked(So everyone is clear on it) is:

Do you consider every Manga artist you read, as good as Osamu Tezuka?

Thats it, a Yes or No answer is all thats required.

Kipling217 on
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I never once have said "Why don't you liked manga?".

But have you asked how do I shot web?

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I never once have said "Why don't you liked manga?".

But have you asked how do I shot web?
    Marry me.

Wildcat on
    edited November 2007
    What I asked(So everyone is clear on it) is:

Do you consider every Manga artist you read, as good as Osamu Tezuka?

Thats it, a Yes or No answer is all thats required.

*Sigh* Like I said, yes.

Katchem_ash on
    edited November 2007
    KA, I find it extremely hard to believe you've never read a manga you felt wasn't that good. Like, I was all over anime for about 4 years, but I saw a good share of mediocre and shitty anime. I'm a huge fan of comics but I've read some real stinkers. So either you're lying, or you have absurdly low standards when it comes to manga (and conversely absurdly high standards for western comics). That, or you just haven't read much manga, but judging by the various posts I've seen you make on the PA forums, I'd find that very hard to believe.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    it's been said a million times, but ....

to K_A (bless his insane soul) Japan = Good while Everything Else = Not as good.

doesn't matter what.

Xaquin on
    edited November 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    KA, I find it extremely hard to believe you've never read a manga you felt wasn't that good. Like, I was all over anime for about 4 years, but I saw a good share of mediocre and shitty anime. I'm a huge fan of comics but I've read some real stinkers. So either you're lying, or you have absurdly low standards when it comes to manga (and conversely absurdly high standards for western comics). That, or you just haven't read much manga, but judging by the various posts I've seen you make on the PA forums, I'd find that very hard to believe.

Like I said before, I like all Manga that I picked up. Can't help it, I just liked it alot contrary to what people have said. But of course, thats my opinion. What people find "bad" I tend to read it and find them excellent. Maybe its just me, but I love all the manga that I get. They are in my opinion, written well, drawn well and I like them.

Katchem_ash on
    edited November 2007
    I have friends that read manga as their main form of entertainment(+watch anime,+play japanese video games). When I have questions about manga I go to them. Knowing that they will give me the inside scoop on what is good and bad. They are hardcore, but they have standards.

KA is just a poser. He has no understanding of what a place Tezuka has in manga(its at the top). He has no understanding of Manga as a medium. He admits that he does not own any copys of Astro Boy(Tezuka's most famous and popular work), but he owns piles of 3-rate drek(as presented by his own pictures no less). KA has no perspective, he can't tell what is good and what is a waste of time.

The fact that he has latched on to manga should not be held against manga itself. There is good manga and bad manga, KA is just to dense to know the difference. He can say: "Thats just my taste" or "Thats your opinion", but it belies the fact that that he has no real taste, and no real opinion, just an unhealthy obsession.

Somehow I am relived to learn this about KA, now I can ignore him even when he is talking about his pet obsession.

In short KA is the kind of guy when given a once in a lifetime chance to see Laurence Olivier and the Royal Shakespear Company preform any Shakespear play of his choice; goes to see Andrew Lloyd Webber's Cats! All the while claiming; You guys just don't understand my tastes!!1!

And thats my /KA_Rant.
    Doubt he will listen, don't really care.
    Pointless to argue with the clueless.

Kipling217 on
    edited November 2007
    Here is some of my collection:

AI Love You
    Battle Club
    Battle Vixens
    Berzerk
    Blade of Heaven
    Boys Be
    Buso Renkin
    Chronicals of the Cursed Sword
    Claymore
    Cresent Moon
    Crest of Stars
    D Gray Man
    Eureka Seven
    Fruit Basket
    Genshiken
    Get Backers
    Lament of Lamb
    Law of Ueki
    Louie the Rune Soldier
    Love Hina
    Love Roma
    MAR
    My Hime
    Mystical Prince Yoshida kun
    Nodame Cantabile
    Now
    Orphen
    Pastel
    Pita Ten
    Popo can Super Trouble Heroine
    Queen
    Saiyuki
    Shaman King
    Steel Angel Kurumi
    Suikoden III
    Suzuka
    The Slayers
    Those who Hunt Elves
    Welcome to NHK
    xxxHolic
    Yakitate Japan
    Yunisaki Milk Tea

Of course, some are not to people's taste and I assume, Yunisaki Milk Tea which is about a cross dressing guy, they will belittle me. Oh well, you can't change people. I like what I like.

Kipling217: Brilliant rant. Thanks for your opinion. Now I can rest in peace know that a guy like you doesn't like my tastes. Oh well. Too Bad for me to lose to such a valuable opinion.

Katchem_ash on
  • Asamof the HorribleAsamof the Horrible Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    oh you people. arguing with K_A

tsk tsk

Asamof the Horrible on
    edited November 2007
    oh you people. arguing with K_A

tsk tsk

Yeah, I shouldnt let his crazy weabo ways get to me.

Oh, look he has a collection about a crossdresser, but no Astro Boy. Really says it all

Kipling217 on
    edited November 2007

AI Love You
    Battle Club
    Battle Vixens
    Berzerk
    Blade of Heaven
    Boys Be
    Buso Renkin
    Chronicals of the Cursed Sword
    Claymore
    Cresent Moon
    Crest of Stars
    D Gray Man
    Eureka Seven
    Fruit Basket
    Genshiken
    Get Backers
    Lament of Lamb
    Law of Ueki
    Louie the Rune Soldier
    Love Hina
    Love Roma
    MAR
    My Hime
    Mystical Prince Yoshida kun
    Nodame Cantabile
    Now
    Orphen
    Pastel
    Pita Ten
    Popo can Super Trouble Heroine
    Queen
    Saiyuki
    Shaman King
    Steel Angel Kurumi
    Suikoden III
    Suzuka
    The Slayers
    Those who Hunt Elves
    Welcome to NHK
    xxxHolic
    Yakitate Japan
    Yunisaki Milk Tea

Of course, some are not to people's taste and I assume, Yunisaki Milk Tea which is about a cross dressing guy, they will belittle me. Oh well, you can't change people. I like what I like.

Kipling217: Brilliant rant. Thanks for your opinion. Now I can rest in peace know that a guy like you doesn't like my tastes. Oh well. Too Bad for me to lose to such a valuable opinion.

That's a pretty unconvincing listing. Where's Ghost in the Shell? Nausicaa? That list reeks of typical shounen and shoujo stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but if you're going to take the stance that manga is superior to western comics, at least have the sense not to use shounen manga as your evidence. I wouldn't be any more convincing if I made a list of all the superhero comic books I like.

Oh, and you seriously, seriously need to read some of the books put out by Vertigo before you try writing off western comic books as trite and unoriginal.

wwtMask on
  • J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I find many mangoes very entertaining.

For example, I love the carefree, slice-of-life stylings of Yotsuba&!, which is always a good laugh.

On the other hand, I also love the intensity of mangoes such as Berserk, which involves a whole lot of violence and trauma.

Then there's other great mangoes like Vinland Saga, which is made of vikings, toughness and win. Not nearly as serious as Berserk, and actually rather light-hearted at times, it's an enthralling read.

Not to mention greats such as Monster and 20th Century Boys, which are the kind that you just can't put down.

Blame! is amazing, and the lonely cyberpunk-style setting is awesomely done.

I also enjoy the fabulous excessive stylings of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
    edited November 2007

<BUNCH OF SHIT!>

Your avatar and signature make you look like a pedophile

Algertman on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I actually wanted to read the Suikoden III manga.

How is it?

Also I love Fruits Basket. I don't care. It's ridiculous fun.

But seriously, you're all arguing with Katchem_ash.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited November 2007
    Algertman wrote: »

<BUNCH OF SHIT!>

Your avatar and signature make you look like a pedophile

Algertman, do you really have to balance every sensible post with a stupid post?

Also, I'm not really trying to argue with KA. I just keep trying to see if I can get him to post something that makes sense or doesn't smack of weeaboo myopia.

wwtMask on
This discussion has been closed.