As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Armadeaddon Set and Duplicates Stolen

somniomancersomniomancer Registered User regular
I had a break-in between Christmas and New Years day, and among things stolen was my almost complete Armadeaddon Set and duplicates.
While I will keep an eye out as much as possible, I would appreciate if anyone sees anything about the Armadeaddon Set (except for the Photo Finish) being sold, especially from Australia, if they could let me know.
I've yet to confirm that this was all that was stolen, as they really went to town on our house and we are still cleaning up.

• Options
    misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Holy shit, man, I'm so sorry. :( I have keywords set up on eBay for 'Pinny Arcade' and I'll let you know if anything comes up.

• Options
    agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Really sorry to hear that! Will keep an eye out, I'm sure we can all keep an eye on eBay and Gumtree as well, hope we catch the bastards!

Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    Capt WasabiCapt Wasabi AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I dont think any Armadeaddon pins have been listed on Ebay Aus, so if some some appear I'll let you know.
    That sucks man.

Which Armadeaddon pins did you have?

• Options
    DuckieDuckie Squirrel Squad Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Which Armadeaddon pins did you have?

Sounds to me like he had everything except for the epilogue/polaroid pin, unless you were specifically asking what his dupes were?

Will definitely keep an eye out for you @somniomancer

Duckie on
    Pinny Pals Lanyard | I make things!!

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
  • Options
    Capt WasabiCapt Wasabi AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Duckie wrote: »

Sounds to me like he had everything except for the epilogue/polaroid pin, unless you were specifically asking what his dupes were?

Yea, Im an idiot, I'll remember to read the whole sentence next time :P

• Options
    Yeah, @Duckie was right, I had all bar the Epilogue Photo pin. Had duplicates of almost everything else too, just not Zombie Juice and Cinnamon Roll Gabe - so those two really hurt.

• Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
  • Options
    SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Damn dude. I think this is the first reported theft of pins from the community here and it's not a good feeling. Hope we can recover them for you.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    @sennohki stole my Hanna pin at PAX once.

:P

• Options
    Rod.HRod.H Running from the Dropbears...Registered User regular
    So far nothing like them's appeared on ebay. Though that's just me doing a quick browse of 'ebay > Collectables > Pins, Badges, Patches > Pins Australia Only' Heck of a lot Sydney Olympics and Hard Rock....er yes many pins that are not Penny Arcade items, and some of dubious origin.

Doesn't mean that they won't turn up somewhere, it's that they just haven't yet!

• Options
    @Qumaden just the Armadeaddon pins so far (I have a lot of pins to still sort through). Whever they were may have been geeks themselves, as other than electronics, jewellery and (bizarely) powertools, what they took was all geek paraphenalia (ie replica swords, Star Trek DVDs, etc).

• Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    @Qumaden just the Armadeaddon pins so far (I have a lot of pins to still sort through). Whever they were may have been geeks themselves, as other than electronics, jewellery and (bizarely) powertools, what they took was all geek paraphenalia (ie replica swords, Star Trek DVDs, etc).

Ugh, sucks, but at least they didn't get the whole collection. It's possible they would have seen them as likely easy things to move, geek paraphernalia can be a premium cash grab.

Sorry to hear it, hope that maybe things can turn up and some justice can happen.

Qumaden on
  • Options
    PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    That's awful dude, sorry to hear it :-( Might be worth checking if you have any local pawnbrokers or your local Cash Convertors, the items you've listed are all the types of small, high value items thieves like to steal to turn over at a pawnbroker for cash. The power tools in particular make me suspicious, because they are generally relatively expensive whilst still lightweight, and pawnbrokers will buy tools because they can generally resell them fairly easily. There is one near my work, I'll pop in tomorrow to check it out...