As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF Secret Santa 2015

123457»

• DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

After spending the afternoon at my parents' house doing laundry and staying warm by the fireplace, I finally got home and put away groceries and clean laundry. THEN I opened my package! Inside my package were many more packages!
    b3numyc7mq8a.jpg

Whoa! There's like a whole christmas tree's worth of stuff here! And a very thoughtful note accompanying the gifts that explained the reasoning behind them. I was too excited to take any more pictures, so here's the whole haul:
    xylprgtzvxsl.jpg

@Delduwath you are amazing and your taste is impeccable! Noir looks great and is first on the list to try with my girlfriend. The Grizzled also looks awesome (and I've actually been wanting to try Hardcore History for quite some time now, so I'll start with WW1). Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn is a game that I've personally been curious about, so I'm really stoked to own it now and I can't wait to get it on the table. The LEGO exosuit is great too! I love LEGO sets and this will be great to add to my collection at work. And last but not least, I love comics, don't have much of a collection, and Won Ton Soup looks super interesting!

Great job! This was incredibly generous and all I can say is, thank you so much! I'm sorry I didn't post sooner; I was on vacation this week and didn't know I had a package waiting for me until today.

THANK YOU!!!

• KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I agree with me having gived and received gifts!

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Do you know who gave you yours though, so I can link the chain?

• ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It was me, you just missed it.
    Koreg wrote: »
    ElderCat wrote: »
    Yay! It's been delivered. I hope they are in town today.

I wasn't in town for Christmas, but it was waiting in my box for me when I got home! Pictures to come when I get back from work today!

Thanks a ton ElderCat!

DO3O00C.png
    edited January 2016
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    @valhalla130 was my Santa, so you can add them to the chain.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Denada wrote: »
    GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

After spending the afternoon at my parents' house doing laundry and staying warm by the fireplace, I finally got home and put away groceries and clean laundry. THEN I opened my package! Inside my package were many more packages!
    b3numyc7mq8a.jpg

Whoa! There's like a whole christmas tree's worth of stuff here! And a very thoughtful note accompanying the gifts that explained the reasoning behind them. I was too excited to take any more pictures, so here's the whole haul:
    xylprgtzvxsl.jpg

@Delduwath you are amazing and your taste is impeccable! Noir looks great and is first on the list to try with my girlfriend. The Grizzled also looks awesome (and I've actually been wanting to try Hardcore History for quite some time now, so I'll start with WW1). Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn is a game that I've personally been curious about, so I'm really stoked to own it now and I can't wait to get it on the table. The LEGO exosuit is great too! I love LEGO sets and this will be great to add to my collection at work. And last but not least, I love comics, don't have much of a collection, and Won Ton Soup looks super interesting!

Great job! This was incredibly generous and all I can say is, thank you so much! I'm sorry I didn't post sooner; I was on vacation this week and didn't know I had a package waiting for me until today.

THANK YOU!!!
    I do have impeccable taste.

Hooray, I'm glad you like all that stuff! The exosuit is a super-cool set, but is known to have a design weakness: the two bits on the front of the shoulders have a weak connection, and sometimes come apart. If it irritates you (as it did me), the accepted solution is to use a light bluish gray lightsaber blade to fix it using this secret technique.

Also, "Hardcore History" is incredible and I recommend it to everyone.

• DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Gift enjoyment update:

We had some friends over last night and decided to try out Noir. It was a hit! We played the "Spy Hunt" game since there were four of us. It was really easy to pick up and everyone loved it. One of my friends said she's going to buy it!

Also the exosuit looks fantastic on my desk:
    f0g1cn9s6bnq.jpg

• Khade97Khade97 PE10, UKRegistered User regular
    Just wanted to say thanks again to @see317 for Wazabi - we have played it so many times over the Christmas holiday and my 5 year old absolutely loves it.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Khade97 wrote: »
    Just wanted to say thanks again to see317 for Wazabi - we have played it so many times over the Christmas holiday and my 5 year old absolutely loves it.

Great, glad you guys are enjoying the game. Hope you're also enjoying the Infinity guys.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    GiftGet_zpsmzf2ziso.gif

I received a box in the mail. It says "Games Workshop" on it. My favorite workshop. (Sorry for the blurry pics.)
    013_zpsd8yrboxb.jpg

I eagerly open it up to see this:
    016_zps4gij0pkf.jpg

Wow. Oh, wow. I am super excited about this. This is amazing. I've wanted the Legion of the Damned since I saw my first battle report in a White Dwarf. It was the one with the Legion of the Damned helping out the Imperial Fists against the Eldar in the late 90's.
    017_zpsn0nscpn2.jpg

Then I saw this note:
    013%202_zpsf1bz900o.jpg

J, all I can say is thank you. This is awesome and will definitely get used. Don't worry about the lateness at all. You still had plenty of time.

Wait... I just read the note again. Did you say there is more to come, and yellow armor is hard to paint? (Tell me about it brother. But the results justify the difficulty, IMO.) You really don't have to do more than this, but now I am excited to see what else is coming.

Oh, and Webguy20, you also have more coming. I just got a job! I start on the 14th, and one of the first things I will do is make my gift to you more bountiful. Just don't buy any more of those X-Wing ships, if you can hold off. I really like bounty hunters and want to add to the IG-88 ship I bought you.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Denada wrote: »
    We had some friends over last night and decided to try out Noir. It was a hit! We played the "Spy Hunt" game since there were four of us. It was really easy to pick up and everyone loved it. One of my friends said she's going to buy it!
    You know, I've only ever played the "default", two-player, "Killer vs. Inspector" variant. I'm glad to hear that "Spy Hunt" was also good!

My favorite thing about "Noir" is that the rules are very simple and minimalist, but create a very complicated play-space. I need more games like that, to balance out all my "2 hours to learn, 4 hours to play" games.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Maybe I should have @J on that previous post.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    :whistle: Let the circle, be unbroken~ :whistle:

• JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    :D

They made it really annoying to buy gw stuff in the USA didn't they! Check those marines over carefully as I had to get 3 replacents for a damned sergeant I ordered. Those skulls are a bitch.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    J wrote: »
    :D

They made it really annoying to buy gw stuff in the USA didn't they! Check those marines over carefully as I had to get 3 replacents for a damned sergeant I ordered. Those skulls are a bitch.

Is that just due to quality control or bad molds? Seems a bit ridiculous to let things get that bad and pay that much in shipping for a small piece.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    @Halos Nach Tariff, I'm happy you liked the Dreadlord on Black Dragon. It is I, your Santa. It was a bit tricky trying to find the most ideal unit to help round out your Dark Elf army, but I figure who can go wrong with a big dragon?

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Another awesome year!

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Woo!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Damn we're good!

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    with almost 3 weeks left before the deadline too! Congratulations everyone!

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Kirindal wrote: »
    @Halos Nach Tariff, I'm happy you liked the Dreadlord on Black Dragon. It is I, your Santa. It was a bit tricky trying to find the most ideal unit to help round out your Dark Elf army, but I figure who can go wrong with a big dragon?

Thank you very much!
    Considering my Dark Elf army currently numbers at 12 models there is not much that could not be said to round it out, but I am always a fan of big monsters, so the dragon was a perfect selection.

The long wait until I get to be merry with you folks again~

Glad I see most of you regularly on the forums anyway. ;)

edited February 2016
    Someone should be getting an addition to his Christmas gift soon. Like... tomorrow. Then another when it ships at the end of March.

Since I was on public assistance at the time I was buying stuff, I ended up not getting @webguy20 all the stuff I wanted to get him. So I'm making it right now that I have a job. I'm not doing it because he said anything, but because I felt bad not being able to do as much as I wanted to do.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    Never Let it be said that the folks in Critical Failures aren't stand up individuals. This is above and beyond right here.

Thank you again dude.