As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

comicbook store ghost story [true btw...]

compomancompoman __BANNED USERS regular
edited November 2007 in Graphic Violence
I have a wierd story to tell in regards to my favorite and certainly memorable comic store. i went to my frist comic store back in 2001 and it clossed in 2002 due to the manager, Cal, (not even joking) died because he went to a D&D convention when his doctor said to stay in bed due to a serious illness he had. NOW THAT IS HARD CORE! I found out about this when i drove up to the store and saw all the stuff had been packed EXCEPT for Cal's prized ultimate spiderman issue 1 white cover 9.6 graded comic he had on the wall that he would never sell (nor did anyone actually have the money) but aside from that i ended up having to go to a top of the line has everything (except the rare stuff you wanted) in stock kinda store. the last store was a rundown, hole in the wall, might as well be compton, comic store. this had pros and cons. it was pro because you ended up knowing the guy who owned it and could get some sweet hookups like penciled covers, signed covers, 9.6+ grades etc. yet not a whole lot (meaning just me) came to it. I alone am not enough to keep a a comic store. for these i was extatic to find that Cal's friends later reopend the store and for a month i could swear i could feel like someone was there. it was very uneasy in the way that it was always cold in there yet there was a heater on at all times. they installed a big screen tv(adding to the cost yet again not good) and in the middle of me playing smash bros. the whole power goes out. ONLY THAT STORE. its out for like an entire hour could not see a damn thing. but when the lights came back on... the prized mint condition ultimate spiderman white cover 9.6 graded comic that Cal had always kept safe was gone! it was f@#kin gone! at first we were like wtf is goin on? we looked all over the damned place and found no sign of it, just an empty spot on the wall were Cal kept his most prized comic of all. Later the store went bankerupt yet again, but the strangest thing of all is that it was turned into a hospital...?!? i know strange for the location was shitty by all means (hense we went bankerupt) i walked into it to reminese on all the good memories i had there. one of the hospital people had a ost and found near the front desk that i glanced at once... and there... in the box was none other than the ultimate spider man white cover 9.6 issue 1 laying right on top. i stared at it for sometime before the lady there said i could have it, she said it was left here when the hospital was made and anyone could claim it, for legally they only have to hold on to the possessions for a month or two. i took it and put it up on my wall. there will always be an eeary feeling when i look up at it but i felt like he wanted me to have it... his only TRUE customer.

pretty good story huh? in honor of halloween;-)

compoman on

• Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    1.You should probably use the carriage return a bit more to make it readable.
    2.This probably belongs in "Strange and Embarrassing/Creepiest thing" thread(one or the other) over in D&D.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    A girl walked in?

Algertman on
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I was expecting to be bel-air'd :(

ben0207 on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    ben0207 wrote: »
    I was expecting to be bel-air'd :(

I'll admit it, I saw the wall of text and I scrolled to the end looking for the words "flip turned upside down".

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm not fucking reading that. Typos on the first line and no paragraph structure. Why do you think anyone will read your post when it is made of stupidity and eye-torture?

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So you stole a Deadman's comic?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Deadman had an on-going?

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Deadman had an on-going?

This made me laugh more than it should.

ben0207 on
  • Options
    compomancompoman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Briareos wrote: »
    I'm not fucking reading that. Typos on the first line and no paragraph structure. Why do you think anyone will read your post when it is made of stupidity and eye-torture?

lol obvious troll is obvious... and its a forum. there is no time for copypaste word spell check at 2 in the morn soooooo just to ease your pain of my haunting typos omgwtfroflcopterszomg1337;alsdkfj;alskjdf;aldskjf;alkdsjf;dsajf;alsjf. hows that spell check for ya!

compoman on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    compoman wrote: »

lol obvious troll is obvious... and its a forum. there is no time for copypaste word spell check at 2 in the morn soooooo just to ease your pain of my haunting typos omgwtfroflcopterszomg1337;alsdkfj;alskjdf;aldskjf;alkdsjf;dsajf;alsjf. hows that spell check for ya!
    oh christ

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

WELCOME TO THE INTERNET!

Algertman on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2007

And how does this make you feel?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I don't see what is spooky about the power going out in a tiny, hole in the wall shop that is running a giant screen television. Here in Canada we call them blown fuses.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Keith wrote: »

Makes me want to infract him.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    A_ccualt wrote: »

God I wish you could.
    So hard.
    I don't see what is spooky about the power going out in a tiny, hole in the wall shop that is running a giant screen television. Here in Canada we call them blown fuses.
    Well here in America we call them ghosts.

God, you're so narrow-minded.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    One time I went into a shop and they had no new comics on a Wednesday

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And Muffin's mom was there with no clothes

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Bloods End on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Are you really hard-pressed for time at 2 am or something that you can't post comprehensibly?

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    One time I went into a shop and they had no new comics on a Wednesday

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And Muffin's mom was there with no clothes

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Man Blood that is not even funny. The last thing I need is to be reminded of that day.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    weenusweenus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I wish there was a pen for people like the OP.

weenus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hooraydiation wrote: And I don't care how distraught you are. It's just impolite to shoot yourself when someone has their dick inside you.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    weenus wrote: »
    I wish there was a pen for people like the OP.

At first I had no idea what you meant.
    I was all "...to..stab them with? So they can write down stupid thoughts?"
    Then it dawned on me.
    OOOOOH an ENCLOSURE-pen.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

God I wish you could.
    So hard.

Well technically I have the ability.
    I can see the little button right over there. --->

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

God I wish you could.
    So hard.

Well here in America we call them ghosts.

God, you're so narrow-minded.

DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!

brettbutlerguf02uf8.jpg

Algertman on
  • Options
    weenusweenus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yes an enclosure pen.

weenus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hooraydiation wrote: And I don't care how distraught you are. It's just impolite to shoot yourself when someone has their dick inside you.
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I don't understand why this thread wasn't locked.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    OP:

going to a D&D Convention is never hardcore.

that is where I stopped reading.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    One time i went to my LCS and they were having a liefeld appreciation sale

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Bloods End on
This discussion has been closed.