As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[mini-phalla] Monks On The Run - GAME OVER - WHOSE CUISINE REIGNS SUPREME?

LocusLocus Trust MeThe seaRegistered User regular
edited November 2007 in Critical Failures
From the innovative Phalla mind that brought you the Democratic File System and Oregon Trail Phalla…

And the creative Phalla mind that brought you Through the Greatwood…

Comes…

The spiritual successor to Through the Greatwood…

Monks On The Run!

Featuring the following roles

Evil!
You are a Cult Elder. Like all of the grand poobahs of the Cult, you dare not touch the drug that consumes the minds of so many converts. Because of this, you are able to walk among the common-folk with impunity, since you bear none of the signs of addiction.

Though you are evil, you will always seer as good.

The cultists are X, X, X, X, and X. Every night, the cultists may kill one person.

You are a Devoted Cultist. From your very first introduction to the Cult of Transcendent Truth you have been among the most fervent followers. You would take an arrow for any of your fellow cultists, but in the presence of an Elder, your devotion is only to him.

If the Cult Elder is voted for death by the village or targeted by the vigilante, you will die instead. Additionally, upon your death you take revenge on one person. Each night PM the name of the person you would like to kill in the event of your death.

The cultists are X, X, X, X, and X. Every night, the cultists may kill one person.

You are a Crafty Cultist. You were chosen to help infiltrate the Citadel because of your quick mind. You are capable of political machinations of the highest order, but more often you just use your skills to make people believe what you want them to believe.

Each night, PM the names of two players you would like to switch. Any action that would target one player will now target the other, and vice versa.

You are a Sneaky Cultist. You are what amounts to a low-level functionary in the Cult, acting as a smuggler for the green paste. Your time on the job has allowed you to hone your skills, and now it is not difficult for you to stay unseen, even during the the bright daylight hours.

Each night PM the name of a person you would like to follow. You will learn if that player targeted anyone with an ability that night.

You are a Psychotic Cultist. Looks like you’ve indulged in the paste a few too many times, though not enough that you’ve completely lost your mind like the Cult’s berserkers. You can control your homicidal tendencies most of the time, but every now and then the bloodlust overwhelms you, and it does abate until you have tasted blood – literally.

Every other night, beginning with the first night, PM the name of the person you would like to kill.

Good!
You are the Blessed. In a time when the faith of even the clergy has begun to wane, you have remained steadfast, and the gods have rewarded you for your loyalty. Where other holy men have lost their ability to communicate with the devine, you have retained yours, and as such have access to information that no one else could dream of.

You are a seer. Each night PM the name of a player you would like to learn the alignment of.

You are a Preacher. Unlike the stodgy monks you hole themselves up in the Citadel all day, you are a man of the world. It is your job to go out among the people and find those that have lost their way in order to return them to the fold once more. It is your job to look at a person and know what makes them tick, to know their every move so as make your sermon as effective as possible.

Every other night, beginning with the first night, PM the name of a person you would like to watch. If that player is killed, you will learn who is responsible for that person’s death.

You are a Preacher. Unlike the stodgy monks who hole themselves up in the Citadel all day, you are a man of the world. It is your job to go out among the people and find those that have lost their way in order to return them to the fold once more. It is your job to look at a person and know what makes them tick, to know their every move so as make your sermon as effective as possible.

Every other night, beginning with the second night, PM the name of a person you would like to watch. If that player is killed, you will learn who is responsible for that person’s death.

You are the Prodigal Monk. In your youth, you strayed from the faith, and you would be lying if you said you had never tried the green paste that the Cult holds so dear. Now you have returned, and you consider yourself just as devout as any other member of the clergy. Unfortunately, you are still addicted to the paste, and every now and then you must indulge to keep yourself steady.

You are on the side of the village. However, you will always seer as evil.

You are a Fanatic. You fervently believe in the grace of the gods, and you are equally fervent in your belief that only you know the true desires of the divine. It is their hand that guides you, and so you have absolutely no problem doing whatever it takes to ensure the safety of the holy men and of the flock. Even if it means taking matters in your own hands.

Each night PM the name of the person you would like to kill.

You are a Refugee. You are one of the few survivors of the Cult of Transcendent Truth’s attack on the Citadel. Maybe you’re a monk, maybe you’re worshipper, or maybe you’re just a poor sap who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Like the legendary journey of Furic more than 50 years ago, you and your fellow travelers find yourself on the run with enemies in your midst. You must root them out and reach a safe haven before they kill everyone and eliminate the leadership of your faith!

Each night, vote for the person you would like to see removed from the group.

This is the standard villager PM. Everyone is receiving this.

None Of The Above!
You are the Martyr. Raised in a fundamentalist household, you have been a devout worshipper for as long as you can remember, and entering the clergy was a logical step. Now you find your faith being assaulted, physically, on all sides, and you have decided to do something about it, even if it means you have to sacrifice your own life to accomplish it.

You have a separate win condition from anyone else. You achieve victory by being voted out by the mob. If you are killed in any other way or if you survive until the end, you lose.

You are the Inquisitor. The Citadel once employed many inquisitors, before the Age of Peace, when expedient information gatherers were more in demand. You have a feeling they’ll be more in demand now that there are rivals vying for the faith of the masses. You are convinced that the Martyr is one of those trying to bring down your faith, and you are determined to stop him.

You have a separate win condition from anyone else. You achieve victory by getting XXXXXXX, the Martyr, voted out by the mob. If he is killed in any other way or if he survives until the end, you lose.

You are an Atheist. Or, at least, you have the inclinations to become one. You never really bought completely into the whole ‘faith in the gods’ thing, but in a dire situation such as this one you’re certainly more likely to trust them over a bunch of drug-addled maniacs. If the clergy proves too inept, however, you might be inclined to change your mind.

You are on the side of the village. However, you will become a neutral player that can win with any faction if one of two conditions are met. 1) The village votes out good players on two consecutive nights., or 2) Two good specials die on any given night.

PLUS!

A twist that will blow your mind!

Only five spots remain! Sign up today!
The players:
  1. cheez
  2. PRËTËNTIÖüS
  3. Rend
  4. Zot
  5. precisionk
  6. Xevo
  7. Crono729
  8. Qorzm
  9. Hylianbunny
  10. giltanis
  11. PsychoLarry1
  12. MacSpectre
  13. cj iwakura
  14. Osvik
  15. NATIK
  16. Near/Infidel/Shinigami
  17. Raakam
  18. Obbi
  19. durax
  20. Whod
The fine print:
  • Every night, vote for someone to kick off the island in the following manner: !vote thorgot
  • The order of actions is: Crafty>Cult>Psychotic>Fanatic>Vote>Devoted>Blessed>Preacher>Sneaky
  • Anonymous contact is verboten.
  • The dead may have no contact with the living.
  • Inactivity will result in removal from the game.
  • Failure to adhere to the terms of your role PM will result in punishment.
  • Player names and roles will be revealed upon death.
  • Vote close is 11 PM Eastern Time.
  • All actions should be PM'd to Locus and thorgot.

Locus on

• B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Green paste? Eww. No thanks.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I sign up

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    !Count me in!

Rend on
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    !signing up

Im gonna have to take like a month long break from phallas soon.

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    why am I never dead when these things pop up

I'm always dead like a night or two after these start

grr

Obbi on
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Maybe you should stop living so long.

Locus on
    edited November 2007
    You could've died instead of me

I'd have been cool with that.

• Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    !Sign me up

Jester313 on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    There isn't much stopping us from starting this tonight. If we get 20 people before 11 or so, expect it to start tonight.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    First vote would be tomorrow night though, right?

Jester313 on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    !im in

precisionk on
    edited November 2007
    Hey it's pk

HEY PK

edited November 2007
    Zot wrote: »
    Hey it's pk

HEY PK

P10 on
    edited November 2007
    pretentious you can't say that because I said it and that is why you are not allowed to say it because it is stealing.

edited November 2007
    pretentious you can't say that because I said it and that is why you are not allowed to say it because it is stealing.

Tehehe. You so funny, Zot.

P10 on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Jester313 wrote: »
    First vote would be tomorrow night though, right?

Indubitably.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • XevoXevo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hmmm I have a little time right now, and a mini-phalla seems like a fine place to get Day 1 Bandwagoned.

!put my oh-so-unfairly hated ass up in this

Xevo on
    edited November 2007
    Well Im sick of people stealing what I say

• Crono729Crono729 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    !Sign Get

Crono729 on
  • QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    !Sign up

Qorzm on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Xevo wrote: »
    Hmmm I have a little time right now, and a mini-phalla seems like a fine place to get Day 1 Bandwagoned.

!put my oh-so-unfairly hated ass up in this
    I would sign up, but it'd be too easy and worth too little for me.

Enjoy your game.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited November 2007
    My mind had better be blown Locus

edited November 2007
    A few questions for participants (and non-participants, I guess).

1. How do you like your narrations?
    -Humorous
    -Semi-serious
    -Forum games are serious business

2. How long do you like your narrations?
    -Non-existant
    -Bare-bones (maybe a couple of sentences)
    -Average (two or three paragraphs)
    -Epic (like Plutonium's phalla)

3. Do you like your narrations to reflect what happened over the course of the day? (Like in the Greatwood)

4. Do you like Infidel's style of not revealing who died until the very end of the narration?

@Zot: Minds will be blown or your money back.

Locus on
    edited November 2007
    3, 4, Yes, Yes.

P10 on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hey it's pk

HEY PK

I HAVE ARRIVED

precisionk on
    edited November 2007
    Evil roles have been amended slightly. Please take note.

Locus on
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    If there's an open spot, !sign me the fuck up

Hylianbunny on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    on the survey: 2, 3, yes, yes.

Rend on
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Is this still open? Please sign me up if so...

giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    !I sign up

PsychoLarry1 on
  • QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    1. Humorous, as long as it explains the game some
    2. Average
    3. Yes
    4. No

Qorzm on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    !MacSpectre signs up.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    1. Depends on the theme
    2. Epic
    3. Yes
    4. Yes. You work hard on the narration, make them read it first. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    1. How do you like your narrations?
    -Humorous
    -Semi-serious
    (Either works for me)

2. How long do you like your narrations?
    -Average (two or three paragraphs)
    -Epic (like Plutonium's phalla)
    (Epic is better, but not all have the time for that. I like a few paragraphs at least.)

3. Do you like your narrations to reflect what happened over the course of the day? (Like in the Greatwood)
    Yes.
    (If I act like a cock, I want my character to be a cock in the narration.)

4. Do you like Infidel's style of not revealing who died until the very end of the narration?
    Ohmygodyes.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited November 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    1. Depends on the theme
    2. Epic
    3. Yes
    4. Yes. You work hard on the narration, make them read it first. :P

If you sign up, your opinion counts 1.23 times as much.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, I'm nothing if not easily persuaded.

!sign up

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    !reserve in case it doesn't fill up by tonight or if somebody goes inactive

Obbi on
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    6 spots remain! Hurry up people, I want my pms!

PsychoLarry1 on
  • OsvikOsvik Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well I have made it back to civilization and proper internet so I needs my phalla fix

!sign me up if there is still room

Osvik on
    edited November 2007
    Osvik wrote: »
    Well I have made it back to civilization and proper internet so I needs my phalla fix

!sign me up if there is still room

There are still 5 or 6 spots left.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg