As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS AS DEAD AS THE RAMS FUTURE!

19495969798100»

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So its just the NFC east and the browns that are a dumpster fire for coaches. All is right with the world.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I remember in Madden 2004 where they would just move teams around just because. The Chicago Bears moving to Mexico City? Sure!

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    So Megatron is considering retirement. Which means in a just about fifteen year span, the Lions could drive two players you could easily argue were the most physically gifted to ever play their positions to retirement around the age of 30.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    So Megatron is considering retirement. Which means in a just about fifteen year span, the Lions could drive two players you could easily argue were the most physically gifted to ever play their positions to retirement around the age of 30.

Oh man. Can't the lions let the browns be the biggest fuck up for a little bit?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    No Calvin please don't go

• VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular

And yet the organization is still able to instill so much loyalty these two players retire instead of going somewhere else.

It just boggles the mind

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »

And yet the organization is still able to instill so much loyalty these two players retire instead of going somewhere else.

It just boggles the mind

Lions have tremendous fans. Kind of dumb and irrationally optimistic, but tremendous.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Werent both under long term contracts though? I think Megatron has at least 3-4 more years on his right?

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Werent both under long term contracts though? I think Megatron has at least 3-4 more years on his right?

This is what the Lions apparently do to you though.......

Leaves your options limited for leaving the team as well.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

Wow that's awful. I remember I used to have a Barry Sanders poster in my room growing up and the way his career ended was just incredibly sad.

steam_sig.png
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    I can't blame him for walking away if he wants to, football is a brutal sport and he especially always seemed to take hard shots from players or the ground despite seemingly being a tank. That must take it out of you after all this time.

But geez, even if it meant using him as a decoy and the Lions playing with 10 men on offense, I would still want Calvin out there! He seems like the perfect football player and human being, the Lidstrom of the NFL.

Yeah Megatron is easy to respect.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I used to say with the Texans, get Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson on the same team, even in their older age, and you'd have an amazing 1-2 receiving punch that would have covered up Schaub being Schaub much more.

After a terrible experiment in Indy, I wouldn't be surprised if Andre retires this year too.

TexiKen wrote: »
    I used to say with the Texans, get Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson on the same team, even in their older age, and you'd have an amazing 1-2 receiving punch that would have covered up Schaub being Schaub much more.

After a terrible experiment in Indy, I wouldn't be surprised if Andre retires this year too.

Being on the other end of Matt Hasselbeck's throws have been known to break lesser men.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

If I was an NFL owner, I'd only support the move to LA on the condition that the teams moving to LA and the Washington team all rename themselves the Roughriders.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Nobody pays out of pocket for it.

Patriots built their stadium without public funds I believe.

steam_sig.png
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    tsmvengy wrote: »

Glancing through the Wikipedia article about it, it seems a lot of the reason was it was pretty much the only way they would let the Patriots stay in the Boston area, after every other plan was either opposed by the locals or fell through because of negotiation dickery.

steam_sig.png
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    I can't blame him for walking away if he wants to, football is a brutal sport and he especially always seemed to take hard shots from players or the ground despite seemingly being a tank. That must take it out of you after all this time.

But geez, even if it meant using him as a decoy and the Lions playing with 10 men on offense, I would still want Calvin out there! He seems like the perfect football player and human being, the Lidstrom of the NFL.
    I read an article that the lions are balking at the 16 mill he would make next year. He's best served kinda half asking it and taking the garanteed money. When they try not to pay his justifiably huge salary. Green Bay would take a player of his caliber tomorrow.

In news that shocks no one lovie smith has been canned in Tampa.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    tsmvengy wrote: »

Glancing through the Wikipedia article about it, it seems a lot of the reason was it was pretty much the only way they would let the Patriots stay in the Boston area, after every other plan was either opposed by the locals or fell through because of negotiation dickery.

Yeah we knew Kraft wanted to remain in Boston and state government has told our teams to fuck off when they look for a payout. It's worked out very well

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page