As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ESPN

124»

• Options
    Tumbler 360Tumbler 360 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I like the ESPN coverage of sporting events but the general programming like sportscenter and NFL primetime seem to have merged every sport into the same broadcast so that if you want to see highlights of todays football games it gets mixed in with any other sporting event that happened that day. NFL primetime is the biggest gripe i have, I used to love to put that on and hear all about the latest football games and now it seems like they throw in everything plus the kitchen sink and seeing actual footage of the games is kept to a minimum. (NASCAR during NFL Primetime...Really...NASCAR?! Are you @#$@#$ kidding me with this @#$#?)

It's infuriating and I'm watching A LOT less sportcenter and NFL Primetime now because of it.

Tumbler 360 on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    NFL Primetime is different now because its place has been taken by the NBC highlight show. When ESPN had Sunday Night football they had first rights to broadcast highlights for the early games. When the sunday games moved to NBC, they took over those rights.

So what they call "NFL Primetime" now is really a completley different show. The closest thing to the old Primetime are the NFL Blitz segments that Boomer and TJ do on the sunday night sportscenter, but even then it's broken up throughout the show and they aren't allowed to do it until midnight or later.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Now that I think about it, there really isn't that much of a New England sports bias in the coverage. I mean, when they make picks and stuff there somewhat is, but I've noticed that they've given absolutely no coverage to UConn's season (in which they lead the Big East). I just think that it's become perceived as such because Boston sports are just really big this year.

Anyone watch ESPNU? Now that's shitty TV. Somebody get Lou Holtz off TV and into a nursing home.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    NFL Primetime is different now because its place has been taken by the NBC highlight show. When ESPN had Sunday Night football they had first rights to broadcast highlights for the early games. When the sunday games moved to NBC, they took over those rights.

So what they call "NFL Primetime" now is really a completley different show. The closest thing to the old Primetime are the NFL Blitz segments that Boomer and TJ do on the sunday night sportscenter, but even then it's broken up throughout the show and they aren't allowed to do it until midnight or later.

The only problem with that being that the NBC show is atrocious. Thank God for NFL Network, otherwise I think I'd rather read highlights.

BubbaT on