As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pirates of the Aturi Cluster (PLAYTEST. Mynock Squadron- NEEDLES)

DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
edited April 2016 in Critical Failures
So this is going to be a playtest of Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, a Rebel Co-op X-wing Miniatures campaign, using Scum and Villainy.

Is this balanced? Probably not! Will this go well? Who knows!

Looking for up to 6 Squad members. People not in Bantha Squadron will get dibs for this playthrough, but as long as there's room they're welcome to play both.
@timspork's ghost @Farangu any interest?

The starting ships in Heroes is X-Wing or Y-Wing. For this we'll try making available the Z-95 with 6xp, M3-A Heavy Scyk (they get the title for free) with 7 XP, and Y-Wing with 8 XP. When you get to Pilot Skill 4 it opens up the option to switch to the Kihraxz Fighter, HWK-290, or StarViper

Z-95 Headhunter2atk/2def/2hull/2shld 6XP
Starting slots:
Missile
Illicit
Modification
3 EPT
4 Modification
5 EPT
6 Modification
7 EPT
8 Modification
9 EPT

Y-Wing 2atk/1def/5hull/3shield 8XP
Starting slots:
Salvaged Astromech
Turret (BTL-A4 Title)
Torpedo/Bomb
Torpedo/Bomb
Modification
3 EPT
4 Modification
5 EPT
6 Modification
7 EPT
8 Modification
9 EPT

M-3A Heavy Scyk 2atk/3def/2hull/1shld 7XP
Starting Slots:
EPT
Missile/Torpedo/Cannon
Modification
3 EPT
4 Modification
5 EPT
6 Modification
7 EPT
8 Modification
9 EPT

Here's the link to the PS4 ships and Pirate Talents

Mynock Squadron: ROSTER HERE

Backups for now:
@Albino Bunny
@see317
@MegaMek
@timspork's ghost

3basnids3lf9.jpg

DaMoonRulz on

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I uh, do rather like scum. Though other than the star viper the small ship selection is a bit limited. Be interesting to see how this works out.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    From reading the other one you guys are doing, this sounds awesome. However, I haven't actually had the money to buy in, so I have no idea how this game works. Other than explosions.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I am interested!

• Options
    @Brody @Uriel That's not a big deal to me. I like to think of these as learning experiences. Since it's being done as a group there's plenty of opportunity to discuss strategy

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Perfect. Your other thread excited me, but for some reason I thought you guys were playing over Vassal, which I wouldn't have time for, but I can definitely make a showing on the forums frequently.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    It's on Vassal that I'm doing all the movement and rolls, but the players are just posting their desired moves/actions/targets on the forum. I shudder to think of the effort to get 7 people on Vassal at the same time.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mind giving this a go

• Options
    @crimsoncoyote @admanb @Brody go ahead and select your starting ships and spend your starting xp

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    I'd definitely be interested in this

drugged-out Headhunter pilots don't get enough actual play

• Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    I'm interested too!

• Options
    I'd like the fly an M-3A but I honestly have no idea how the system works.

• Options
    I'll take the Syck because I am not smart.

I'm kind of thinking of just taking Predator but I'm willing to accept the possibility that that's stupid. However I've never played Aturi so I don't know. Thoughts?

• Options
    @Brody if you go here this is a builder that has all the squad points mentioned next to the upgrades. When it asks you to select a faction click Scum, then select Serissu under the M3-A Interceptor list of pilots. You get to select the Heavy fighter Title automatically and then choose whether to take a Missile, Torpedo, or Cannon slot (I'll let your squadmates give their opinions on which to take). You don't HAVE to fill one of those slots, if you'd rather spend the points elsewhere

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    admanb wrote: »
    I'll take the Syck because I am not smart.

I'm kind of thinking of just taking Predator but I'm willing to accept the possibility that that's stupid. However I've never played Aturi so I don't know. Thoughts?

DO IT.

Though I think you should maybe grab a Mangler cannon or something at least.

• Options
    Actually thinking about it, we can grab some ion and flechette cannons and possibly do some crazy lockdowns

• Options
    Hmm... that's a good point. Those two dice are pretty poor and auto-crits against TIEs is strong. Maybe instead just do Mangler Cannon + Stealth Device?

• Options
    So after looking at the other thread, I see where I missed XP = Squad point cost.

So marksmanship and engine upgrades would use the available experience?

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    If there's spare squad slots here I'll play here or in both games based on how big people want the squads to be and if Damoons okay with me being in both.

• Options
    Pilot Skills are actually 2xSquad Point Cost.

• Options
    Actually, if no one else wants to play a Y-Wing I'll switch to that. I feel like we should have at least one source of consistent damage.

• Options
    http://dockingbay416.com/campaign/ This is the link to the main Heroes Download so you can look through the campaign book and see all the rule changes

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    The campaign book said something about only being able to take mods and upgrades when starting. So that seems to preclude EPTs

• Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Our starting pilot skill is 4?

The campaign book said something about only being able to take mods and upgrades when starting. So that seems to preclude EPTs

EPTs are upgrades :-P
    Special pilot abilities are not.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    i'm having some problems finding this in the rules - so we start at pilot skill 1, right? I see the rules for leveling up, but not what you start at.

• Options
    You'll start at Pilot Skill 2 (So that you're better than the Imps) Also, as the leader of the X-Wing Minis League I use my GM power to bestow the title of Mynock Leader on @crimsoncoyote which means you automatically get the title of Squad Leader. For the purposes of this game you can use it on equal PS allies

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    You start at two. Most ships don't get an EPT slot until PS3, but you can see in the chart in the OP that the Syck gets one to start with.

• Options
    Yeah, I'm giving Scyk an EPT and Heavy upgrade off the bat to help combat its squishiness

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Our starting pilot skill is 4?

EPTs are upgrades :-P
    Special pilot abilities are not.

Right, duh. Silly me.
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    You'll start at Pilot Skill 2 (So that you're better than the Imps) Also, as the leader of the X-Wing Minis League I use my GM power to bestow the title of Mynock Leader on @crimsoncoyote which means you automatically get the title of Squad Leader. For the purposes of this game you can use it on equal PS allies

:snap: Thanks!

• Options
    In that case, I'm thinking shield upgrades, and proton rockets. Or engine upgrades. Why are there so many options.

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    In that case, I'm thinking shield upgrades, and proton rockets. Or engine upgrades. Why are there so many options.

$$$

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    If I read this right, the Heavy upgrade merely offers us the chance to buy a secondary weapon, we still have to pay for the "ammo," right?

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Why do you tempt me so, moon

hnnnnnng

• Options
    And only one spot left....

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    If I read this right, the Heavy upgrade merely offers us the chance to buy a secondary weapon, we still have to pay for the "ammo," right?

Correct. The upgrade gives you the loadout slot, but you still have to pay for anything you put in the slot.

Worth noting that torpedos and missiles are limited use, but they recharge for each mission.

• Options
    Here's what I'm thinking:

M3-A Heavy Scyk Interceptor
    - Squad Leader (0)
    - Mangler Cannon (4)
    - Experimental Interface (3)

Any thoughts?

• Options
    Do cannons count as Action: abilities? Or does the focus/target lock/etc count for Experimental Interface? Either way, if I feel like stress is a pretty stiff penalty. I have also never played, so, pound of salt and the like.

• Options
    @Brody No the cannons are Attack actions, so you don't have to target lock or focus in order to use them like you do with missiles and torpedos

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2016
    M3-A Heavy Scyk Interceptor
    - Shield Upgrade (4)
    - Proton Rockets (3)

Provided this isn't a terrible idea.

Brody on

• Options
    @crimsoncoyote Your pirate subordinates are trying to usurp you already! Only one Squad Leader is allowed, @Brody , and that's crimson :P

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Sorry, I thought we were pirates.