As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TERA] Game coming to an End in June

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    I'ma be honest. That looks pretty cool. Anime as all hell, but cool.

Stop making me want to play Tera again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I don't know if I can get over my distaste for Elins long enough to play the new class or not. I've never played a reaper either. Still, I might try.

Doooo eeeet!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Played a couple hours of the game tonight and had fun. I blame Pixie.

Some new stuff and changed things I see. I like the new character select screen though.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

Some new stuff and changed things I see. I like the new character select screen though.

Not my fault. You can't prove a thing.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options

Not my fault. You can't prove a thing.

Ok. Here's my proof:

Doooo eeeet!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Circumstantial at best.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options

Maybe too much pink?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I don't really understand those words when you put them in that particular order.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Maybe too much pink?
    I don't really understand those words when you put them in that particular order.

Let me try.

Much pink too, maybe?

I think he means there's room for more pink.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Maybe too much pink?

Let me try.

Much pink too, maybe?

How more pink could this be? The answer is none.

None more pink.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well, I mean. My weapon is pink too. Just doesn't show in the screenshot. :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    Hey everyone :) It has been a LONG time since i played Tera, but I was the GM many moons ago, and one of the first Vanarchs. I've just restarted, and would love an invite back to the guild. Names ingame.... Lloye, Thydus, and Yang.Lloye I applied on one of them :)

lloyehipr7341342326762.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Maybe too much pink?

Let me try.

Much pink too, maybe?

How more pink could this be? The answer is none.

None more pink.

Nope. That saddle isn't even tinted pink. And then look at the scenery, not a bit of pink in sight.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Shame the ladies don't get the option to have something like the male costume, that'd be awesome for the Brawler.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Another red one. /sigh
    Their obsession with red costumes is vexing. It costs me so much having to buy dyeable versions instead.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I think you have hit upon the reason for the consistent color choice.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    New class teaser is up.

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqDTF4NV7e8"
    Elin master race.

Another class locked to the little girl race? This game needs to step up it's...game. I'd like to see some male options for a new class for once, or just not have them locked to a single race at all. I mean the Elin already have one locked class, did they really need to lock another class to that race?

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    I gave this game a shot. Good lord, the bow shooting animation for a female castanic archer...and any animation for high elf females. Still not sure if I dig the game or not, but I do love all the costumes and mounts you can get. That freakin good luck cat...

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    darklite_x wrote: »
    I gave this game a shot. Good lord, the bow shooting animation for a female castanic archer...and any animation for high elf females. Still not sure if I dig the game or not, but I do love all the costumes and mounts you can get. That freakin good luck cat...

Female castanic sorcerers do a belly dancing routine for a few of their spells.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Another class locked to the little girl race? This game needs to step up it's...game. I'd like to see some male options for a new class for once, or just not have them locked to a single race at all. I mean the Elin already have one locked class, did they really need to lock another class to that race?

Yeah, it's not going to happen. Female characters are what the Koreans play (and probably most in the West as well) so in order to maximize profits, new stuff primarily comes out for them (making armor, weapons, animations, etc for every race/gender multiplies the cost of a new class). Elin in particular are super popular, so they get much love.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    That's possibly the most idiotic excuse a developer could ever have, to be perfectly honest.

In general, I would assume most people would be totally down for playing another race if it was attached to a really awesome class.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    I enjoy the mechanics of Tera, but from watching streams I can safely say that the end game really sucks.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    End game = afk in town wait for dungeon queue, get kicked because your gear isn't 100% perfect, even if you get it from that dungeon.

(Well, Channelworks and BR are exception to that.) Or play with people but we don't have enough active members to run end game dungeons.

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    That's possibly the most idiotic excuse a developer could ever have, to be perfectly honest.

In general, I would assume most people would be totally down for playing another race if it was attached to a really awesome class.

Not arguing with that, but I figure they're doing what they feel is going to make them money and keep their game going. They being the Korean developers. En Masse pretty much has no say in this I imagine... they just get to localize it and make it work for the U.S. version of the game as best they can.

• Options
    The martials arts outfit is out. I picked one up last night and gave it to my warrior. She looks sufficiently awesome now. It goes very well with her twin ninja swords.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »

It seems idiotic, but when you have Elin players droppin 200 bucks on gatcha's for the special limited costume every time they get released, it get's less stupid.

Like, I don't LIKE that they cater to their more, "eccentric" player base, but these dudes drop DOLLARS, consistently(Because it's the only place that caters to that.....uh, fuck it, fetish. I know not every Elin player is like that, but STILL, even without that, Tera is still the only place to get that specific type of...well, body type. And no, Blade and Soul dosen't count, because thier kid race dosen't have grown up hips.).

Like, they're the only reason why Tera has even survived, for good or ill. Of course they are going to cater to them, instead of risking dropping dollars and resources on something that might just be a flash in the pan.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Speaking of Elins I made another one. She heard people were talking shit about the master race.

?.jpg

• Options
    I don't think Blade & Soul gets a pass for creepy-child-race just because they lack hips...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    @Karoz
    @destroyah87

Who all did we sign up for Wednesday night Tera? Was it just the three of us? Did we set a start/end time?

You guys planning on running a healer and a tank? If so, I may roll a sorcerer to go with you. So far, that's been the most fun class I've played.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Karoz
    destroyah87

Who all did we sign up for Wednesday night Tera? Was it just the three of us? Did we set a start/end time?

You guys planning on running a healer and a tank? If so, I may roll a sorcerer to go with you. So far, that's been the most fun class I've played.

There might have been another person interested but I'm not sure.

Yeah it sounded like Destroyah wanted to be a tank and I just got my Mystic to Lumbertown.

My schedule is pretty open Wednesday night. I'd probably be done with dinner around 5:30 PDT or so.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    @Karoz
    @destroyah87

I've got a Brawler at 12 that I've enjoyed playing so far, so I was either going to play that or I could roll something else to 12. I've got a Sorceror at that point too. Slayer at 6. Don't have much interest in playing Mystic or Priest (and those are the two classes Karoz is interested in anyway.) I've never played a Gunner or Reaper and I'm kinda interested to see how both those classes play. I'm pretty easygoing otherwise.

As for start/end time, I can play from 6:30 to midnight eastern (3:30-9 pdt), so I'm fine with any time inside that range.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh, well if you're going DPS then umm... hm. I don't really want to tank. I'll think about it.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Oh, well if you're going DPS then umm... hm. I don't really want to tank. I'll think about it.

Aren't Brawlers tank? Or is it just Warrior/Lancer and kinda Berserker that are considered tanks?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I haven't played one yet. Maybe they are tanks? I had them mentally marked as DPS.

Although I guess it doesn't make a ton of difference anyway. It's not like the game is hard and requires careful party balance.

You brawl things, Karoz can drop his magical balls, and I'll sorcer everything. Deal?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~