As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Snape kills [Chat]eldore

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    The one acquaintance I've retained for it is an asperger-y dude who I have inexplicably duo queued with in LoL and who tried to mansplain Leona to me...but he was very atypical for that group.

how come you never queue with me in lol

T_T

I have literally only seen you on during the 2 hours a week I play customs! If you are on at a time that is not Tuesday night at 9 I would be happy to play.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    The one acquaintance I've retained for it is an asperger-y dude who I have inexplicably duo queued with in LoL and who tried to mansplain Leona to me...but he was very atypical for that group.

how come you never queue with me in lol

T_T

I have literally only seen you on during the 2 hours a week I play customs! If you are on at a time that is not Tuesday night at 9 I would be happy to play.

*narrows eyes*

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Credeiki, BTW...

is your avatar from the Shad "Ow" Run games?

also do you like arams

because

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    skippy uh

is you trying to aram right now

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    also do you like arams

because

i like Sanus Aram.

i ask for a friend who may be interested in carrying you to several losses

Organichu wrote: »
    skippy uh

I might could be in a little bit

I uh

have to help sarah with something

@Sir Landshark

Credeiki, BTW...

Yes I am from Shadowrun: Hong Kong. I am an excellent Russian rigger guy.
    Are you considering playing it or Dragonfall because you should play them immediately: they are THE BEST.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I guess I'm a little excited about getting a new video card but it's not that big of a deal. I'm more excited about Oculus.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Credeiki, BTW...

Are you considering playing it or Dragonfall because you should play them immediately: they are THE BEST.

Still aint finished the original one.

Organichu wrote: »
    skippy uh

I might could be in a little bit

I uh

have to help sarah with something

"Sir Landshark"

oh so like 3 minutes, i gotchu fam

• redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Credeiki, BTW...

?
    why shad ow run?

they are fairly not hard on anything other than hard.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    you jerks tryin' 2 aram?

steam_sig.png
    redx wrote: »
    Credeiki, BTW...

?
    why shad ow run?

they are fairly not hard on anything other than hard.

Because i still think malapropisms are the funniest thing ever, without actually knowing what a malapropism is.

Oh I could ARAM although I do prefer SR. Desktop is not on; let me fire it up.

• AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    I really want buffalo wings, but I'm scared to order them from somewhere I haven't gotten them before.

So many restaurants make shitty buffalo wings and I don't get it at all. They're so easy to make delicious, why do I keep getting ones that are 60% breading, or dry with basically no sauce, or any of an infinite number of other travesties.

Drop the wings in boiling oil.

Mix Frank's Red Hot and melted butter in equal parts.

Take out the wings, put them on a paper towel to soak up the excess oil.

Put the wings in a bowl, pour the buffalo sauce over them.

You're done. That's it. Delicious fucking wings, no muss no fuss.

Well, a little bit of muss, I usually get oil all over the stove, but if you're a restaurant you should have a good fryer.

Eh.

Eeeeeeehhhhhh.

I agree that if a place is going to run wings they should do their best to make them well but...

They aren't as easy as you think.

Although agreed I really don't get breading them. Most "buffalo wings" have skin on so if you fry them (or bake them, my preferred method) the skin will get crisp enough.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
    Oh I could ARAM although I do prefer SR. Desktop is not on; let me fire it up.

as long as you don't have an ssd, skippy will be done getting it in before you see the windows logo

• navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Reading @ credeiki post I realized my sister is a female neckbeard.

Thanks for opening roads up again @spool32, wife asked for ice cream on way home and you may have had some splainin' to do.

edited January 2016
    Credeiki, BTW...

Still aint finished the original one.

They get better and better (full disclosure: many people mistakenly believe Dragonfall is better than HK.) I think essentially everyone agrees that Dargonfall and HK are both better than dead man's switch, with better mission design, more compelling central areas, and, most importantly, really great party members. I'd suggest aborting the dead man's switch run and just moving on to Dragonfall.

credeiki on
  • AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    I wonder if I could get surrealitycheck to provide penchant British commentary on me playing my zombie game.

I don't really know him that well.

Do I need to download a bunch of stuff to comment.

I could do commentating.

I has face for radio.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    What is ARAM?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited January 2016
    i do not like buffalo wings.

like wings of basically any other variety. Sure.
    they actual franks and butter thing is just...

lacking.

I do not understand breading on wings.

redx on
    Alazull wrote: »
    I wonder if I could get surrealitycheck to provide penchant British commentary on me playing my zombie game.

I could do commentating.

I has face for radio.

skype works

TehSloth wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    DEAR MOTHERFUCKERS

Guess who made fuckin HOMEMADE CRUNCHWRAP SUPREMES
    DXmrFMol.jpg
    qqDluaWl.jpg
    8p5zUOBl.jpg

They were delicious and filling also easy to make

God bless Taco Bell

-"Shazkar Shadowstorm"

/is mad jelly

I made some pretty dope pork tonight though

I think crunchwraps may be on the menu for tomorrow

Put chips inside of a burrito.

Toast the burrito.

Put sauce on top of the burrito.

Now you have a crunchy smothered burrito.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Alazull wrote: »

I could do commentating.

I has face for radio.

Nah you can join the twitch chat pretty easily but I guess if you wanted to make actual vocal commentary you'd have to connect to skype or something.

steam_sig.png
    Drez wrote: »
    What is ARAM?

Famous MIMTEMDO BOUMTY HUMTER.

I'm sort of almost considering getting into Arma

it would at least give me a reason to buy a fancy new video card.

Drez wrote: »
    What is ARAM?

Originally All Random All Mid, ARAM is a league of legends game mode in which all participants are given random champions to play on a one-lane map popularly referred to as Murderbridge.

• MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    I managed to stay after work at the board game meetup in the mall under my office. Very much worth. I learned to play (and won) Mage Knight, a cute deckbuilding and board movement game by Vlaada Chvatil. Can't remember who was just talking about it, maybe jakobagger or RiemannLives .
    I want to buy it, although I bet no one would play it with me and it would just live on my shelf forever like many other boardgames.

Also I show up to this meetup for the first time and:
    me: "hey how does this work"

nerd #1: "what sort of games do you like, just choose whatever and you'll find people"

me: "I own Catan, Dominion, Lords of Waterdeep...that sort of thing. Maybe I could learn Suburbia? Oh, I don't like coop games though, they aren't fun."

neckbeard: "you can't say they aren't fun."

me *sigh*: "I mean I see how people like them but they aren't my cup of tea"
    (not said: 'jesus christ man, normal people understand that "not fun" generally implies "not fun for me" especially in the context in which I said it')

neckbeard: "well, actually, you just said aren't fun as a blanket statement, so--"

me (interrupts): "I mean they are objectively are not fun and you are bad for liking them." *turns back to nerd #1* "so, what game did you want to play."

neckbeard tolerance is getting lower. Or rather, I'll put up with them but I am going to be mean to them.

I went to a board game meetup a few times in austin

it made me sad because it was held at a pizza place and most of the attendees didn't order food or drinks and it's like

bros and broettes this business is allowing us to use this space at least get a coke or some shit

and then one time a dude was I think hitting on a lady by teaching her a game

and I was like hey can I learn this game and he was quite cold and rude and I was like I am not trying to move in on this girl I just want to play the game

so I didn't come back after that

I need to find a tabletop or boardgaems group or meet up or something.

But then I think, "Neckbeards. Ugh."

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »
    Let me guess

People used the analogy of cars and how we regulate the hell out of them so why not guns.

And you didn't have a real answer for that so you want to change the argument.

the real answer is: privs and rights are not equivalent, and nothing that flows from the one can be used to discuss the other.

Which is a thing I've said a couple dozen times, along with many other folks, and this response from you was very uncharitable. :(

Freedom of movement is a constitutional right. There are quite a few restrictions on that constitutional right.

Freedom of movement has nothing to do with car ownership.

The fact that you might happen to use a car to exercise that is orthogonal to the right. You have other means of transport.

I happen to think it should include car ownership, but that's just not the state of the law.

Depending on the jurisdiction, it is prohibited to cross many highways outside of a vehicle, which can effectively kill those other means of transportation. The equivalent with guns would be saying you can own a gun, you just can't use anything other than a black powder cartridge rifle unless you meet a bunch of requirements.

???

You can take a Greyhound anywhere in the continental US. The caselaw does not contemplate the literal means of locomotion you happen to use.

I don't think I disagree with you. I meant the comment to be more about how regulations of fundamental constitutional rights are often allowed and accepted rather than any specific right to car ownership. I can't think of any way to exercise the freedom of movement that is not under some fairly significant regulation despite the right freedom of movement. People just deal with car regulations more than the other ways to exercise that freedom.

And yeah the better argument is that the SCOTUS has already stated that gun regulation is constitutional in many cases.
    Credeiki, BTW...

I only have Shadowrun Returns. Is that all right?

MrAnthropy wrote: »
    I managed to stay after work at the board game meetup in the mall under my office. Very much worth. I learned to play (and won) Mage Knight, a cute deckbuilding and board movement game by Vlaada Chvatil. Can't remember who was just talking about it, maybe jakobagger or RiemannLives .
    I want to buy it, although I bet no one would play it with me and it would just live on my shelf forever like many other boardgames.

Also I show up to this meetup for the first time and:
    me: "hey how does this work"

nerd #1: "what sort of games do you like, just choose whatever and you'll find people"

me: "I own Catan, Dominion, Lords of Waterdeep...that sort of thing. Maybe I could learn Suburbia? Oh, I don't like coop games though, they aren't fun."

neckbeard: "you can't say they aren't fun."

me *sigh*: "I mean I see how people like them but they aren't my cup of tea"
    (not said: 'jesus christ man, normal people understand that "not fun" generally implies "not fun for me" especially in the context in which I said it')

neckbeard: "well, actually, you just said aren't fun as a blanket statement, so--"

me (interrupts): "I mean they are objectively are not fun and you are bad for liking them." *turns back to nerd #1* "so, what game did you want to play."

neckbeard tolerance is getting lower. Or rather, I'll put up with them but I am going to be mean to them.

I went to a board game meetup a few times in austin

it made me sad because it was held at a pizza place and most of the attendees didn't order food or drinks and it's like

bros and broettes this business is allowing us to use this space at least get a coke or some shit

and then one time a dude was I think hitting on a lady by teaching her a game

and I was like hey can I learn this game and he was quite cold and rude and I was like I am not trying to move in on this girl I just want to play the game

so I didn't come back after that

I need to find a tabletop or boardgaems group or meet up or something.

But then I think, "Neckbeards. Ugh."

They can be pretty fun to play games with because they often do actually care and know the rules.

Well, depending on the type of neckbeard.

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I thought I'd try running the Oculus Rift compatibility tool. Here are my results:
    4Kq9NOi.png?1

edited January 2016
    Credeiki, BTW...

If you like it at all?

no, not really.

Both other games are much better in basically every way, except Duncan.

redx on
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2016
    Aww one of the ADGQ donators just asked her boyfriend to marry her via donation text

Shivahn on
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    I thought I'd try running the Oculus Rift compatibility tool. Here are my results:
    4Kq9NOi.png?1

Rekt

I'm not 100% sure. Probably this means you only have the Deadman's Switch mission? Which is still a fun game, it's just not as fun as its successors.

• FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    EDIT: NM, not the gun thread, and I'm just being a salty bro

FroThulhu on
    So, i asked peeps at work what i should draw.

here is what they suggested.

Yellow Diamond portrait (From the SU fangirl)
    Rydia Sprite (From a guy who wanted me to draw his "waifu" but did not have one so he told me to pick one and he often posts a thing... it's complicated)
    More Undertales for my phone lockscreen that is inspired by Abbey Road album art. (A rad guy who likes undertale)

i don't know what to do tonight, hahahahaha.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    wandering wrote: »
    4Kq9NOi.png?1

Either way though you win

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
This discussion has been closed.