As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Snape kills [Chat]eldore

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    What is ARAM?

Famous MIMTEMDO BOUMTY HUMTER.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

credeiki wrote: »
    What is ARAM?

Originally All Random All Mid, ARAM is a league of legends game mode in which all participants are given random champions to play on a one-lane map popularly referred to as Murderbridge.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    If you leave your car unlocked, and someone steals it and kills a bunch of people, you will go to jail.

But if you leave your gun unlocked and someone steals it nothing bad will happen to you.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    redx wrote: »
    If you leave your car unlocked, and someone steals it and kills a bunch of people, you will go to jail.

But if you leave your gun unlocked and someone steals it nothing bad will happen to you.

?? That can't be true (about the car).

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

I don't think that's how it works.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Aww I wish I had thought to reinstall Shadowrun before my internet went bye bye

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    I wonder how effective it would be as a political tactic to just start making fun of people who express fear-based narratives relying on the fiction of guns as self-defense tools.

Not in an angry way that can be engaged with, just a kind of silly and dismissive and emasculating one.

i think it's hilarious when the party of progressiveness and inclusivity chooses to emasculate gun owners (or pickup drivers, or)

@TL DR I went back and reread this post and it came off as way more aggressive and antagonistic than I had intended

Please accept my apologies and this coupon for one (1) free dap:

********************************************************************************
    *.................................................................................................*
    *..........................TO: TIMOTHY "TIM" LEARY.............................*
    *.................................................................................................*
    *...........................................~ONE~...........................................*
    *...........................................~FREE~..........................................*
    *...........................................~DAP~...........................................*
    *~REDEEMABLE AT A TIME AND PLACE OF YOUR CHOOSING~*
    *..............................~DAP OBLIGOR: GOOEY~..........................*
    *..............................~E PLURIBUS DAPUS~................................*
    ********************************************************************************

Let our peoples never quarrel @Gooey

Please allow me to join you in the shooting of revolvers into the air as is your custom

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular

That's ridiculous and you know it.

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular

Coincidentally, I'm reading Mister Mercedes right now

And I agree, I don't think it works that way

• Options
    Nova_C wrote: »

Yes.

• Options
    FroThulhu wrote: »

Is it any good?

• Options
    Like, if you're the victim of a crime, I don't think you should then bear responsibility for further actions of the perpetrator of said crime. That's an idiotic precedent.

• Options

Yes.

Okay, good. :P

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    What is ARAM?

LoL for people who haven't yet realised they don't actually like LoL.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Like, if you're the victim of a crime, I don't think you should then bear responsibility for further actions of the perpetrator of said crime. That's an idiotic precedent.

Well, to a degree. Negligence is a thing.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    no don't do it skippy feeds in every aram game

• Options
    shryke wrote: »
    What is ARAM?

LoL for people who haven't yet realised they don't actually like LoL.

ha

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    So, i asked peeps at work what i should draw.

here is what they suggested.

Yellow Diamond portrait (From the SU fangirl)
    Rydia Sprite (From a guy who wanted me to draw his "waifu" but did not have one so he told me to pick one and he often posts a thing... it's complicated)
    More Undertales for my phone lockscreen that is inspired by Abbey Road album art. (A rad guy who likes undertale)

i don't know what to do tonight, hahahahaha.

I like Rydia; she's cool and her sprite is cute.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Sure, but do you have an example where being victimized by someone else results in you being charged with negligence?

EDIT: Specifically as a result of what that person does, not what you've done, I mean.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    I leave myself unlocked all the time.

• Options

Owning a car greatly increases someone's risk of being killed by a car. In fact, it is most likely that their own car will be the cause of their death.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    The best dog post is dog_solutions with the dog holding a knife and the caption ending, "...you have a problem, you get the dog solution."

Nova_C on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited January 2016

Yes.

I thought you were being serious for a second and I started googling to find a citation, and I did find this
    NDG resident questions ticket for leaving car unlocked

Teacher fined $57 under obscure law enacted in 1924 to regulate horse-drawn sleighs

So I don't consider my time wasted. :lol:

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options

Sure, but do you have an example where being victimized by someone else results in you being charged with negligence?

EDIT: Specifically as a result of what that person does, not what you've done, I mean.

This is called wrecking yourself because you didn't check yourself.

I'm surprised you haven't heard of it.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

I think this is covered by the proximate cause doctrine. SKFM picked a fine time to get banned.

• Options

Owning a car greatly increases someone's risk of being killed by a car. In fact, it is most likely that their own car will be the cause of their death.

This is very true!

• Options

if someone stole you, and used you to murder a bunch of people, you should be held responsible.

also, people don't kill people, people kill people..

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Aww I wish I had thought to reinstall Shadowrun before my internet went bye bye

brb, shipping you an internets.

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »

Is it any good?

Can't tell yet?

Some... unusually unsavory subtexts have been introduced... we'll see how that plays out

Other than that, King rarely leaves me regretting having read his work

@Nova_C apparently, if you give your racist psycho grandson a gun for his birthday days before he murders a church full of black people, you're apparently not held responsible, either. Regardless of you knowing he was weird and unstable.

Though, yeah, that car thing... doesn't seem real? I mean, I wouldn't be too surprised, but...

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    tumblr_o0lauy1nFf1v1qzojo4_540.jpg
    tumblr_o0lauy1nFf1v1qzojo1_540.jpg
    tumblr_o0lauy1nFf1v1qzojo2_540.jpg
    tumblr_o0lauy1nFf1v1qzojo3_540.jpg

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »

This is called wrecking yourself because you didn't check yourself.

I'm surprised you haven't heard of it.

"I'm arresting you for failing to check yourself. You have the right to wreck yourself."

• Options

if someone stole you, and used you to murder a bunch of people, you should be held responsible.

Well this definitely makes sense.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    MrAnthropy wrote: »
    I managed to stay after work at the board game meetup in the mall under my office. Very much worth. I learned to play (and won) Mage Knight, a cute deckbuilding and board movement game by Vlaada Chvatil. Can't remember who was just talking about it, maybe jakobagger or RiemannLives .
    I want to buy it, although I bet no one would play it with me and it would just live on my shelf forever like many other boardgames.

Also I show up to this meetup for the first time and:
    me: "hey how does this work"

nerd #1: "what sort of games do you like, just choose whatever and you'll find people"

me: "I own Catan, Dominion, Lords of Waterdeep...that sort of thing. Maybe I could learn Suburbia? Oh, I don't like coop games though, they aren't fun."

neckbeard: "you can't say they aren't fun."

me *sigh*: "I mean I see how people like them but they aren't my cup of tea"
    (not said: 'jesus christ man, normal people understand that "not fun" generally implies "not fun for me" especially in the context in which I said it')

neckbeard: "well, actually, you just said aren't fun as a blanket statement, so--"

me (interrupts): "I mean they are objectively are not fun and you are bad for liking them." *turns back to nerd #1* "so, what game did you want to play."

neckbeard tolerance is getting lower. Or rather, I'll put up with them but I am going to be mean to them.

I went to a board game meetup a few times in austin

it made me sad because it was held at a pizza place and most of the attendees didn't order food or drinks and it's like

bros and broettes this business is allowing us to use this space at least get a coke or some shit

and then one time a dude was I think hitting on a lady by teaching her a game

and I was like hey can I learn this game and he was quite cold and rude and I was like I am not trying to move in on this girl I just want to play the game

so I didn't come back after that

I need to find a tabletop or boardgaems group or meet up or something.

But then I think, "Neckbeards. Ugh."

They can be pretty fun to play games with because they often do actually care and know the rules.

Well, depending on the type of neckbeard.

I had some mixed meet ups for Pathfinder back in SA. Most of the group folks were cool but the DM for one group was a complete grognard. Verbally abusive and non-communicative

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    tumblr_o0lauy1nFf1v1qzojo4_540.jpg
    tumblr_o0lauy1nFf1v1qzojo1_540.jpg
    tumblr_o0lauy1nFf1v1qzojo2_540.jpg
    tumblr_o0lauy1nFf1v1qzojo3_540.jpg

Please happen in the MCU please happen in the MCU please happen in the MCU

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Well I slept for like 5 hours.

This is a bad thing if I can't sleep tonight.

This is a GREAT thing if I can still sleep tonight.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    redx are you having a gun thread related stoke?

• Options

Well this definitely makes sense.

Okay, he's got me there.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I am pro stricter gun control because I want to live in civilization, not the wild wild west

I mean have you seen wild wild west? it's a terrible movie

• Options
    If you steal a car from tribal lands and then kill a gun with it, technically the owner is only responsible if you left a small satchel of glass beads behind in the parking spot.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    SKIPPY WHERE ARE YOU

Steam, LoL: credeiki
This discussion has been closed.