As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CYOA] Seven Wizards for Seven Apocalypses: Now with an ending slapped on

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    I kinda like the idea of % for after taking apart the golem, lavashaping is the best, but why settle for one magic when you can have them all.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Mojo, if we build the Shardforge, will our Militia be Glaivekin in time for an attack the same turn or would we need to wait a turn?

I'm not opposed to attacking Tzo'lin, but if we're gonna upgrade our dudes, lets make sure the upgrade went through first.

I'd say the turn after, otherwise things can end up a bit messy

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    hmmmmmmmm

• Options
    D4&Mana

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Turn 27

Decision D 4/13 £/&: Shardforge, attacking the mine wins the flip (going with everything but militia), lavashaping research wins the flip
    Bonuses: +6 Mana, +4 Fortune

Things
    Mana: 38 [+10/turn]
    Fortune: 29/50 [+1/turn]
    Growth: 3/10 [+3/turn]
    Peasants: 11 (effectively 26)
    Population: 16
    Shelter: 25
    Food: 25
    Resources: 36 [+7*/turn]
    Silver Pieces: 69 [+2*/turn] [Trade route with Caldeot suspended]
    Study: 3/50 Lavashaping [+2/turn]

*+1d4+1 to lowest total

The Obsidian Tower
    Fused shards: Foreseen, Loyalist
    +11 mana / turn, +1 resource, / turn, +1 growth / turn, +1 study / turn, +1 fortune / turn
    [Ashvent] - Prevents scrying in the region
    [Scholar's Hall] - Allows research, +1 study/turn

Glassalia
    [Fertile Farm] = +25 food
    [Glass houses] = +25 shelter
    [Lumber yard] = +1 resource / 10 peasants / turn)
    [Tavern] = +1 growth / turn
    [Mercantile Guild] +1d4-1 / turn to lowest of silver pieces or resources
    [Shardforge] = + 1 resource / turn
    [Mine] = +2 resources / turn, +1 silver / turn
    [Scouting] = Difficulty 15 check when exploring to uncover additional bonuses

New Thett
    Spy = -1 silver pieces / turn, +1 to mercantile guild

Caldeot

Individuals & Armies
    Cinders, The Foreseen Lavashaper
    Combat: 5 dice, 4+ strength [Lucky] [Battle Scholar] [Wizard] [Ranged(short)] [Deadslayer] [Aftermath]
    Equipment: Vulcanus
    Vote bonuses: +1 Mana or +1 Fortune per vote

Skeleton Warriors
    Combat: 2 dice, 8+ strength, [Hard to kill]

Smoulderlings
    Combat: 4 dice, 6+ strength, [Obscuring]

Glaivekin [5 Peasants]
    Combat: 2 dice, 7+ strength, [Swarmfighting] [Ranged(shorted)]

Runed golem
    Combat: 5 dice, 7+ strength, [Armoured 2]

Misty, The Ivory Apprentice Rainbringer
    Combat: 3 dice, 6+ strength [Distracting] [Wizard] [Deadslayer]

Sanders, The Magma Wyrm [adds +25 to fortune threshold. Improves fortunes]

More Smoulderlings [protecting trade caravans]

Ingvar's Machine [Imprisoned]
    Combat: 3 dice, 5+ strength, [sluggish]

Elephantite x1
    -1 mana/turn
    15 peasants of labour

[Adaptable] During a round, one positive trait of the target is cancelled
    [Lucky] One reroll per round
    [Ranged(short)] Make one attack without retaliation before melee
    [Wizard] Must spend 1 mana / round or lose all but one dice
    [Swarmfighting] +1 on rolls when targeting an enemy targeted by another ally
    [Hard to kill] If beaten in combat make a difficulty 8 check. On success the unit is not destroyed
    [Sluggish] Only rolls dice every second round
    [Battle Scholar] +1 study / round and +1 study on a natural 10
    [Armoured N] Unit has N armour that are lost in place of dice
    [Obscuring]: target rolls one fewer dice (cannot reduce dice rolled to fewer than one)
    [Deadslayer]: Makes a difficulty 8 check each round. On success deals a dice of damage to a random bonemancy enemy unit
    [Distracting]: All target rolls are made at -1
    [Aftermath]: Each turn, make a one dice attack against a random enemy unit other than the current target

Artifacts
    Vulcanus
    Grants Ranged(short) to the bearer
    Intelligent(?)

The Archive
    Reflections on the twin shards and their ultimate connection to the artifact once known as The Weir
    Lowers difficulty of drawing by 2
    Increases output of drawing by +1/dice
    Increases mana income by +1 / turn
    Allows shard fusion/destruction

A detailed consideration of the entities which lurk below and how to effectively bind them into perpetual servitude
    Allows Smoulderlings and Elephantites to be summoned

Of the interplay between bonemancy and lavashaping: Flaming skulls or smouldering corpses?
    Grants [Wizard] units [deadslayer] ability

On the origin of Vulcanus by means of ethereal selection, and the sub splintering of the world crystal]/i]
    Grants Cinders [Aftermath]
    Allows construction of the Shardforge
    Makes Vulcanus loyal

Diplomacy
    The Drowned Lady: Caldeot, the town by the Drowned City
    Relations: Respectful and amiable
    Spy in place: Undetected (-1 silver piece / turn)
    Military: 13 dice at 6+ strength all with [Armoured 1/2]
    Trade route: +1 silver pieces / turn SUSPENDED DUE TO SIEGE

Sultan Ofan: New Thett, the merchant hub
    Relations: Besotted
    Military: 20 dice at 7+ strength
    Trade route: +1 silver pieces / turn

Nephroditi: The Bonemancer Wanderer
    Relations: Business-like
    Trade route: +2 silver pieces, +1 growth & +1 resource/ turn

Selin:The Silver-tongued Spirit-Weaver
    Relations: Friendly

Tzo'lin: The Undying Pious servant of The Bound Giant
    Relations: Hostile

Ingvar: The Instigator Mechano-Sage
    Relations: Unknown

Talen: The other one

Axiom: The Fistcaster Loyalist

Summary
    War was coming and it was time to act. Or at the very least take advantage of the confusion. Cinders quickly laid out the magic necessary to create the superheated forge of the Shardforge within Glassalia while her troops assembled. Her militia would remain behind, the idea of bringing humans to Tzo'lin did not seem wise, but it was still an impressive lineup. The increasingly yellowed group of skeletons provided by Nephroditi what seemed like a lifetime ago, her own fierce Smoulderlings, the mysterious marble-headed and handed golem, Misty the rainbringer and Cinders herself. They started the long march south toward the mine.

Tzo'lin's avatar did not stand a chance.

What had once looked like a fairly standard abandoned mine was now a horror to behold. A broad path of gore led into the mine. Fragments of bone and sinew mixed in with that deep rainbow of blood. Strips of glistening crimson and bands of dried brown. The stench was overwhelming but Cinders had come this far. If Misty could have looked any more pale she would have, it was quite the feat of strength to not vomit. Instead she condensed the water from the air and used it to brush a clear way forward for herself. Cinders approved, and applied her own superior magic to the task. The ground flash-heated. The bloody filth cooked and then boiled, reduced to a blackened layer before her. It did not improve the foul smell.

Cinders moved inside, sterilising the way as she moved.

It was not long before she emerged in that great central chamber. It looked somewhat different. The rough rocky walls were hidden under a layer of pulsing flesh, and Tzo'lin's avatar was now just a torso atop a twelve-foot pyramid composed of compressed bodies. It was a grizzly sight made worse by how their eyes followed her as she strode towards her counterpart's representative.

When it spoke, all of the mouths moved but not quite as one giving the words a strange reverberation on top of the same sluggishness it had had during the first meeting
    "Ciiiiiiiindereeeeeeeeeeelaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Theeeeeee tiiiiiiiiiiiime iiiiiiiiiiiis sooooooooooooooooooooooon."

Little by little she could see that Tzo'lin himself was moving more of his focus into the avatar,
    "Haaaaave yooooooou broooought me offeeeeeerings foooooor the neeeeeew unity?"

Misty now walked into the chamber. The many faces of Tzo'lin looked on eagerly, but only for a moment as they saw her fair skin. His eyes all swivelled back toward Cinders,
    "An appreeeeeentice from the common stock. There was a time when the Institute would have flayed you for that... How the worm has turned. But where is the flesh? I am so close."

A snap of her fingers and the cavern erupted into flames. Tzo'lin shrieked in agony. A few more steps forward and Cinders addressed the quivering lump of flesh in whisper,
    "Flesh? I bring flame and offer ashes."

The Smoulderlings charged in at that moment, racing around the chamber, burning away the extremities of Tzo'lin's reach. Cinders took hold of the stone of the mine, she could feel the narrow channels through which the avatar was connected with the true Tzo'lin back in Drome. The flesh fully permeated the mine, but the central trunk wwas just below the mound of flesh before her. She forced the opening to close. In an instant the avatar was split from Tzo'lin. It screamed and lashed out with whips of braided ligament and spears of bone. It was too little too late.

In a few short minutes there was nothing recognisable left of the avatar and the porous network through the mine had been collapsed. It would take considerable effort for the servant of the Bound Giant to wend his way back here. Despite the anticlimactic nature of the battle, Misty had had a chance to prove her worth with something approaching real action and her power came in in leaps and bounds as a result.
    [Combat only lasts a round -2 Mana, +1 study. No losses from Team Cinders.]

The mine hers, Cinders went back home. Elsewhere, Tzo'lin was very angry indeed.
    [Sending Misty to do something gives her an extra dice]
    [Tzo'lin will destroy his crystal and reawaken his god on turn 35]

There was news when Cinders returned. New Thett had launched its attack against Caldeot and now lay in siege. Cinders knew this both from the note that came from her spy and also from the envoy waiting for her in Glassalia. He was a member of The Order of the Drowned and had been dispatched by the Lady herself to ask for aid in breaking the siege and then joining the counter-attack upon New Thett.

While Cinders spoke with the Drowned Lady's representative, she noticed that her militia were now rather spectacular armed with miniature unintelligent versions of Vulcanus. It warmed the heart it did. Now was also a time that Cinders realised her spies could be put to good use. It wouldn't be all that hard for the spy in Caldeot to undermine the town's defenses and let New Thett's forces in. Equally, with the reduced military presence in New Thett it would not be hard to incite some very hard to contain civic unrest.
    [Shardforge completed]
    [New Thett start the siege of Caldeot. The traderoute is suspended. Only 5 dice of units are left defending New Thett]

Decision Time
    (A letter, a number, a symbol and your vote bonus)

Peasant action:
    A: Build houses (shelter for 25 peasants) (costs 15 resources)
    B: Build a farm (+20 food) (Costs 15 resources)
    C: Build a ship (allows contact with Drome and whaling) (costs 100 resources)
    D: Scout the mainland [specify southwest, south, east]
    E: Train Glaivekin (2 dice, 7+ strength with [swarmfighting] and [ranged(short)]), costs 5 resources and 5 peasants)
    F : Have the peasants work a double shift (produces 5+1d6 resources)

Cinders action:
    1: Help the peasants (Pay 2x resource cost in mana and 0 resources on build, or pay 5 mana on production to obtain +1d8 resources) [Make sure the peasant action chosen makes sense]
    2: Try to draw more mana from the crystal shards (difficulty 11: Success gains 3d8+3 mana, Failure is bad)
    3: Construct a mana focus (costs 50 mana. Reduces drawing difficulty by 3 and adds +1d8 to drawing)
    4: Accelerate the experiments (costs 3 mana to obtain +1d8 study)
    5: Summon Smoulderlings (produces a [Smoulderling] unit, 4 dice, 6+ [Obscuring], costs 40 mana)
    6: Summon an Elephantite (produces labour equivalent to 15 peasants, costs 30 mana and 1mana/turn)
    7: Cast the spell of the statues (costs 100 mana)
    8: Boil the lake to expose the drowned city (costs 100 mana)
    9: Attack Caldeot/New Thett (choose one and specify units. If you're attacking Caldeot, specific which side you're fighting on)
    10: Have your spy in Caldeot attempt to sabotage the town's defenses (difficulty 10)
    11: Accept Mitel's proposal (+1 husband, provides a free ship)
    12: Buy passage to Drome and find Tzo'lin (costs 20 silver, specify units)
    13: Release the automaton and follow it to the tundra and Ingvar's reunion (specify units)
    14: Muse quietly on your throne

Envoy selection:
    £: Send the envoy home with assurances that the forces of Cinderella the lavashaper were on their way
    $: Send the envoy home with the message that you will help if your demands are met (let me know your demands)
    &: Send the envoy home with a refusal for aid
    %: Feed the envoy to the Smoulderlings

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    Marry the prince, demand Caldeot become our vassal for saving them, then conquer New Thett in the name of our husband.

E 11 $ (become vassal, regular taxes or troops) - Fortunes

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    Looking at the warm red glow of the lava makes me want to somehow combine 9[Thett] and 11.

• Options
    wiltingwilting I had fun once and it was awful Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Marry Prince, side with Caldeot. All the power?

Train Glaivekin, accept proposal, send envoy back with offer to help with demand of fealty.

E 11 $(demand fealty) Fortune

wilting on
  • Options
    TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    I don't think New Thett would let us marry the prince should we side with Caldeot, instead we should attack and conquer New Thett while sending reassurances that we will come and break the siege.

E9(New Thett, everything but the squad we are training)$(Tribute)

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Tiphareth wrote: »
    I don't think New Thett would let us marry the prince should we side with Caldeot, instead we should attack and conquer New Thett while sending reassurances that we will come and break the siege.

I think that conquering New Thett would conveniently also break the siege.

We win over both cities with minimal destruction!

B9(New Thett, Leave glaivekin to hold city)$(Tribute)

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    @Polaritie

Don't quote votes, makes counting harder for Mojo.

Yeah we Marry so we have a legitimate claim in New Thett, and THEN we attack them (preferably by breaking the siege to maximize Caldeot's gratitude, surely?)

• Options
    edited January 2016
    E 11 $(vassalage, peasants/troops) +Fortune

I think Wilting plays Crusader Kings...

edit by Peasant/Troops mainly looking for growth or the ability to purchase/train armored units in/from Caldeot, not to strip them of their defenses.

Celebrim on
  • Options
    It just feels like an overly complicated plan, so many things that can go wrong. Also, if we conquer the city we'll have hostages to bend his will with.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    D(S) 11 $(fealty) Fortune

I don't think we should train another glaivekin. We only have 11 peasants left.

Marry Mitel this turn, then attack new thett next turn, imo, conquer saying basically "the sultan is a warmonger, it's time for his son to rule a new Era of peace" or something.

Hope they don't know what "hypocrisy" means.

Delmain on
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Who needs workers when you have glacial moving indescribable horrors for your workforce.

Void Slayer on
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    E-11-$(fealty) +Fortune

• Options
    @Delmain

You might want to bold/red your vote.

I'm the vote police now apparently.

• Options
    Yeah, woops, I was phone posting and must have missed it.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Turn 28

Decision E 11 $(fealty): Glaivekin, wedding bells and demanding fealty from Caldeot
    Bonuses: +3 Mana, +5 Fortune

Things
    Mana: 51 [+10/turn]
    Fortune: 35/50 [+1/turn]
    Growth: 6/10 [+3/turn]
    Peasants: 6 (effectively 21)
    Population: 16
    Shelter: 25
    Food: 25
    Resources: 41 [+7*/turn]
    Silver Pieces: 71 [+2*/turn] [Trade route with Caldeot suspended]
    Study: 5/50 Lavashaping [+2/turn]
    Husbands: 1

*+1d4+1 to lowest total

The Obsidian Tower
    Fused shards: Foreseen, Loyalist
    +11 mana / turn, +1 resource, / turn, +1 growth / turn, +1 study / turn, +1 fortune / turn
    [Ashvent] - Prevents scrying in the region
    [Scholar's Hall] - Allows research, +1 study/turn

Glassalia
    [Fertile Farm] = +25 food
    [Glass houses] = +25 shelter
    [Lumber yard] = +1 resource / 10 peasants / turn)
    [Tavern] = +1 growth / turn
    [Mercantile Guild] +1d4-1 / turn to lowest of silver pieces or resources
    [Shardforge] = + 1 resource / turn
    [Mine] = +2 resources / turn, +1 silver / turn
    [Scouting] = Difficulty 15 check when exploring to uncover additional bonuses
    [Galleon] = Allows whaling and sea movement

New Thett

Caldeot

Individuals & Armies
    Cinders, The Foreseen Lavashaper
    Combat: 5 dice, 4+ strength [Lucky] [Battle Scholar] [Wizard] [Ranged(short)] [Deadslayer] [Aftermath]
    Equipment: Vulcanus
    Vote bonuses: +1 Mana or +1 Fortune per vote

Skeleton Warriors
    Combat: 2 dice, 8+ strength, [Hard to kill]

Smoulderlings
    Combat: 4 dice, 6+ strength, [Obscuring]

Glaivekin [5 Peasants]

Glaivekin [5 Peasants]

Runed golem
    Combat: 5 dice, 7+ strength, [Armoured 2]

Misty, The Ivory Apprentice Rainbringer
    Combat: 3 dice, 6+ strength [Distracting] [Wizard] [Deadslayer]

Sanders, The Magma Wyrm [adds +25 to fortune threshold. Improves fortunes]

More Smoulderlings [protecting trade caravans]

Ingvar's Machine [Imprisoned]
    Combat: 3 dice, 5+ strength, [sluggish]

Elephantite x1
    -1 mana/turn
    15 peasants of labour

Mitel the husband
    It is not clear what he achieves

[Adaptable] During a round, one positive trait of the target is cancelled
    [Lucky] One reroll per round
    [Ranged(short)] Make one attack without retaliation before melee
    [Wizard] Must spend 1 mana / round or lose all but one dice
    [Swarmfighting] +1 on rolls when targeting an enemy targeted by another ally
    [Hard to kill] If beaten in combat make a difficulty 8 check. On success the unit is not destroyed
    [Sluggish] Only rolls dice every second round
    [Battle Scholar] +1 study / round and +1 study on a natural 10
    [Armoured N] Unit has N armour that are lost in place of dice
    [Obscuring]: target rolls one fewer dice (cannot reduce dice rolled to fewer than one)
    [Deadslayer]: Makes a difficulty 8 check each round. On success deals a dice of damage to a random bonemancy enemy unit
    [Distracting]: All target rolls are made at -1
    [Aftermath]: Each turn, make a one dice attack against a random enemy unit other than the current target

Artifacts
    Vulcanus
    Grants Ranged(short) to the bearer
    Intelligent(?)

The Archive
    Reflections on the twin shards and their ultimate connection to the artifact once known as The Weir
    Lowers difficulty of drawing by 2
    Increases output of drawing by +1/dice
    Increases mana income by +1 / turn
    Allows shard fusion/destruction

A detailed consideration of the entities which lurk below and how to effectively bind them into perpetual servitude
    Allows Smoulderlings and Elephantites to be summoned

Of the interplay between bonemancy and lavashaping: Flaming skulls or smouldering corpses?
    Grants [Wizard] units [deadslayer] ability

On the origin of Vulcanus by means of ethereal selection, and the sub splintering of the world crystal]/i]
    Grants Cinders [Aftermath]
    Allows construction of the Shardforge
    Makes Vulcanus loyal

Diplomacy
    The Drowned Lady: Caldeot, the town by the Drowned City
    Relations: Offended
    Military: 13 dice at 6+ strength all with [Armoured 1/2]
    Trade route: +1 silver pieces / turn SUSPENDED DUE TO SIEGE

Sultan Ofan: New Thett, the merchant hub
    Relations: Family
    Military: 20 dice at 7+ strength [15 currently besieging Caldeot]
    Trade route: +1 silver pieces / turn

Nephroditi: The Bonemancer Wanderer
    Relations: Business-like
    Trade route: +2 silver pieces, +1 growth & +1 resource/ turn

Selin:The Silver-tongued Spirit-Weaver
    Relations: Friendly

Tzo'lin: The Undying Pious servant of The Bound Giant
    Relations: Hostile

Ingvar: The Instigator Mechano-Sage
    Relations: Unknown

Talen: The other one

Axiom: The Fistcaster Loyalist

Summary
    The envoy did a remarkable job of masking his emotion as Cinders laid out her demands for Caldeot to swear fealty to her. The knight left shortly after on his journey to infiltrate his home, he promised that he'd carry word to his mistress and return if she accepted terms. To be entirely honest, Cinders was somewhat concerned about whether the messenger would make it through the siege lines at all.

Still, this was not a day to dwell on such things. Instead, today was a day to accept a marriage proposal and harden Cinders' relationship with New Thett. And more importantly, acquire a brand new vessel to allow Glassalia to take to the high seas. Not that it would probably help relations with Caldeot if word got out. Down below, a further squad of Glaivekin were being trained. Vulcanus himself had decided to attend this event, acting as a flying target for the warriors hurling their own enchanted bladed discs.

The sun had set when a response from New Thett arrived. The Thetti fleet was approaching, led by an ornate galleon. Judging from the decoration, this was Cinders' reward for taking Sultan Ofan's son of his hands. Lanterns of all colours bedecked each of the ships. As they started to form up around the tower, Cinders started work in raising a pier from the depths of the ocean. The seabed quaked at her command and a thin bridge of land rose out of the steaming waters. She strode along it as it pulled itself together, on a course directly for the lead galleon. With every step it rose further, only settling when it equalled the height of the ships.

Her betrothed met her on the deck. As did the Sultan. The Sultan was ecstatic. He spoke of their combined future. And how glad he was that Cinderella had chosen to align herself with New Thett in this unfortunate but necessary war. Even Mitel looked a little more engaged with events that he had been on their first and only other meeting. Attendance to the ceremony was fairly limited. The Sultan, a few of his other children, and some nameless heads of various ancestral tribes.

Thetti festivities were nothing if not extensive. By the time that the fireworks were exploding above the sea and the two were officially joined, the sun was starting to peek over the horizon. Finally Cinders was able to remove herself from the Thetti delegation and return to her tower. With her new spouse. She would have to get used to having a commoner walking the halls of her tower. Or maybe she could just keep him out of the way in the dungeon.

[Tzo'lin will destroy his crystal and reawaken his god on turn 35]

Decision Time
    (A letter, a number and your vote bonus)

Peasant action:
    A: Build houses (shelter for 25 peasants) (costs 15 resources)
    B: Build a farm (+20 food) (Costs 15 resources)
    C: Scout the world [specify direction]
    D: Go whaling (difficulty 5 to avoid losing 1d6 peasants, produces 5+1d6 silver pieces)
    E: Train Glaivekin (2 dice, 7+ strength with [swarmfighting] and [ranged(short)]), costs 5 resources and 5 peasants)
    F: Have the peasants work a double shift (produces 5+1d6 resources)
    G: Send an envoy to Drome

Cinders action:
    1: Help the peasants (Pay 2x resource cost in mana and 0 resources on build, or pay 5 mana on production to obtain +1d8 resources) [Make sure the peasant action chosen makes sense]
    2: Try to draw more mana from the crystal shards (difficulty 11: Success gains 3d8+3 mana, Failure is bad)
    3: Construct a mana focus (costs 50 mana. Reduces drawing difficulty by 3 and adds +1d8 to drawing)
    4: Accelerate the experiments (costs 3 mana to obtain +1d8 study)
    5: Summon Smoulderlings (produces a [Smoulderling] unit, 4 dice, 6+ [Obscuring], costs 40 mana)
    6: Summon an Elephantite (produces labour equivalent to 15 peasants, costs 30 mana and 1mana/turn)
    7: Cast the spell of the statues (costs 100 mana)
    8: Boil the lake to expose the drowned city (costs 100 mana)
    9: Attack Caldeot/New Thett (choose one and specify units. If you're attacking Caldeot, specific which side you're fighting on)
    10: Have your spy in Caldeot attempt to sabotage the town's defenses (difficulty 10)
    11: Release the automaton and follow it to the tundra and Ingvar's reunion (specify units)
    12: Travel to Drome incognito to find and end Tzo'lin (specific units)
    13: Travel to Drome personally to establish diplomatic relations (specify units to take with you)
    14: Muse quietly on your throne

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    No update tomorrow or Tuesday as I'm travelling with work.

And similarly the week after I'm off on travels from Sunday to Wednesdayish (although maybe I'll be able to get some wifi somewhere and sort something out)

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    G4

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Train Glaivekin, Summon Smoulderlings

E 5

Then attack ...somebody

wilting on
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    G 9[New Thett - Smoulderlings, Glaivekin[1], Runed Golem, Misty] +Fortune
    I'd rather not drop below 20 workforce.

If we fight New Thett it will be 2 stages, attacking the city and breaking the siege. I'm tempted to begin this turn by attacking the city, that would cut off the siege force and we could pin them against the walls of Caldeot next turn. For now I'm going with another Smoulderling unit since we'll probably need to leave an occupation force in the city.

edit: The quicker we settle things with the neighbors to more time we have to prepare for Drome, so I'm voting to start things off now.

Celebrim on
  • Options
    G5 Mana

Alternatively, I could get behind a G9(New Thett) vote, but I wanted to get my vote for G in, because helllllll no should we create another glaivekin and go down to 1 peasant.

• Options
    F9[Caldeot/Break the Siege - Smoulderlings, Glaivekin[1], Runed Golem, Misty] +Fortune

So what happened with our plan to marry the boy and kill the sultan?

• Options
    We have to attack New Thett to do that, which is what I said.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Considering our relations with Caldeot are now 'offended' I'm not sure they are going to buy the whole swear fealty thing. Maybe if we use the spy to sabotage their defences New Thett will attack (and win?), and will be sufficiently weakened to enable us to take over.

Mind you if we took New Thett proper maybe the besieging army would follow our banner. Seems unlikely, but they are mostly mercenaries right? Who knows what they would do.

There has to be some masterstroke that leaves us in control of both cities dagnabit. Maybe we shouldn't take over in New Thett until we have some idea of how the cards are going to fall with Caldeot, is what I'm saying.

wilting on
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    F3 - Fortunes

Lets build that mana focus, 4d8 extra mana per turn? Are you kidding me?

Void Slayer on
  • Options
    Well, I wanted to attack New Thett yesterday. But you guys wanted to marry and break the siege.

• Options
    I'm thinking just build more troops (or whatever we want to do) while we wait to see if there is a response from Caldeot.

• Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    F, 3, Fortune

Come back from the weekend and everyone hates us! Clearly we need a new minister of foreign relations.

This is as close to down time as I think we are going to get, so I say let's get that mana focus built now.

I can't recall, why is the sultan so hell bent to attack Caldeot again?

I'm not so sure I think attacking New Thett is going to end well for us. I have no reason to believe that the 15 armies at Caldeot are going to suddenly follow us and if Caldeot destroys them, then we have a weakened New Thett and a Caldeot that is unlikely to join us. Best guess is we break the siege (by attacking New Thett) and they thank us, but they aren't going to suddenly swear fealty to use and all armies are weakened in the process (including ours).

• Options
    Well, if we take Thett that 15 stack army is gonna find itself in hostile territory, without any incoming supplies and a really angry army behind a wall they are sieging. Then they can either journey back to Thett and siege that, or try to assault Caldeot. Neither is a good choice on a empty stomach. Besides, most of the army was mercenary was it not? They are just going to abandon when they stop getting paid.

• Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Besides, most of the army was mercenary was it not? They are just going to abandon when they stop getting paid.

I had forgotten about that. It may be they just drop their arms and walk away. Or that they show up on our front door demanding payment from the new leadership.

• Options
    zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    G 5 +Fortune

I agree with annexing Thett. Mercenaries don't have honor, we take out a 5 dice stack and have the blood right to rule (with our puppet husband) they will fall in line. HOWEVER, I'd prefer not to remove that siege until we get a real pledge of fealty. Otherwise we are overplaying the hand and have a well fortified neighbor that doesn't want to work with us, after we have a major war of succession.

• Options
    RoonieRoonie Registered User regular
    G 9[New Thett - Smoulderlings, Glaivekin[1], Runed Golem, Misty] +Fortune

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    I have no idea what to vote. The thing someone said about the possible reason Selin and Nephroditi are engineering the war has me worried though - the idea that they want to get raw materials for a huge army of skeletons and ghosts to do x (probably rule the world). Which is evil and unnatural, clearly ethical thing is a world ruled by bizarre, alien lava monstrosities.

So I guess I'm inclined to think we should try and end the war early, though possibly that could just be by acting decisively against one or both sides like we're planning.

• Options
    Well, if we take Thett that 15 stack army is gonna find itself in hostile territory, without any incoming supplies and a really angry army behind a wall they are sieging. Then they can either journey back to Thett and siege that, or try to assault Caldeot. Neither is a good choice on a empty stomach. Besides, most of the army was mercenary was it not? They are just going to abandon when they stop getting paid.

Or they can attack the Obsidian tower. Which will be defenceless because all our troops will be in New Thett.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    wilting wrote: »

Or they can attack the Obsidian tower. Which will be defenceless because all our troops will be in New Thett.

The tower with molten lava pouring out all sides, hidden in a veil of noxious volcanic ash?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    wilting wrote: »

The tower with molten lava pouring out all sides, hidden in a veil of noxious volcanic ash?

Or Glassalia, the city made out of literally glass houses

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Yeah, I mean, our defenceless home in general.

wilting on