As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

GOTY 2015 Poll: Nominations done. Voting thread up shortly.

• Options
    sergiocornagasergiocornaga Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Kestrel1 wrote: »
    Mini Metro (PC)
    Already on the list.

Here's some more suggested additions comprising flickgames, PICO-8 games, IGF 2016 nominees and other general omissions:
    "I Let The Sunglasses Do The Talking" (PC)
    16 Rooms 16 Doors 16 Colors (PC)
    Across The River (PC)
    Apparition Plate Savers (PC)
    Athenaeum (PC)
    Black Closet (PC)
    bloodshot (PC)
    Celeste (PC)
    Circa Infinity (PC)
    DOLLY (PC)
    Dom Finds Love (PC)
    Dusk Child (PC)
    Endless Train (PC)
    Ennuigi (PC)
    Fish Fly (PC)
    Frog Home (PC)
    Fun Fun Fun (PC)
    Fun Fun Fun 2: Fun in the City! (PC)
    Gathering Sky (Mobile, PC)
    Ghorkak (PC)
    Inside My Radio (PC)
    Lumini (PC)
    Nethernovel (PC)
    one with nature (PC)
    Orion Trail (PC)
    Pac-Man 256 (Mobile)
    Panoramical (PC)
    PAT Shooter (PC)
    qpid n luv (PC)
    Rainmaker (PC)
    Sage Solitaire (Mobile)
    Shutter (PC)
    starlit spacedream (PC)
    The Stroll (PC)
    The Tower of Archeos (PC)
    Trappy Mine (PC)

EDIT: added a few more entries.

sergiocornaga on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    One more ineligible game:

Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins (3DS) was released in 2013.

• Options
    PoochPooch Registered User regular
    Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight (3DS)

I think this is a remake of the DS game- anyone play this and know any better?

• Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    I'll be the one to mention HuniePop (PC) is missing from the list.

There, now you can all sleep easier.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    How do people feel about 3D Fantasy Zone / 3D Out Run / 3D Thunder Blade being on the list? They're definitely ports, but with atypically high levels of attention devoted to the process, and it's not like the original games had a chance to be in the poll.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    How do people feel about 3D Fantasy Zone / 3D Out Run / 3D Thunder Blade being on the list? They're definitely ports, but with atypically high levels of attention devoted to the process, and it's not like the original games had a chance to be in the poll.

We didn't have a GOTY poll in 1997 either but that doesn't mean we're adding FFVII too. Sorry but I don't think that's a valid reason to include old ports.

What do you guys think of Driveclub Bikes? It's available as either a standalone game or as Driveclub DLC, has its own trophy list and its own DLC.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Pooch wrote: »

It's more or less a remake, but it has main characters and a plot this time, in addition to several new game mechanics. You might not want to play the original and Untold 2 back to back, but I think it's probably different enough for inclusion.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular

We didn't have a GOTY poll in 1997 either but that doesn't mean we're adding FFVII too. Sorry but I don't think that's a valid reason to include old ports.

What do you guys think of Driveclub Bikes? It's available as either a standalone game or as Driveclub DLC, has its own trophy list and its own DLC.

I'll vote for Bikes if it's included. It IS a standalone game, I'm happy for it to be in. Depends what the consensus is.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Frem wrote: »

It's more or less a remake, but it has main characters and a plot this time, in addition to several new game mechanics. You might not want to play the original and Untold 2 back to back, but I think it's probably different enough for inclusion.

I just checked, Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl, which was a remake of the first game with similar additions, was part of the 2013 poll, so Fafnir Knight should be part of this year's.

(not that I'd be able to vote for it since it isn't out yet in Europe *grumble grumble*)

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Addition:

Star Wars Card Trader (mobile)

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Are games released in early access eligible?

If so, addition:
    Besiege

Edit: Thanks for the clarification @Undead Scottsman

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    No, games in Early Access are no eligible. They'll be eligible in the year they're officially released.

• Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    Is Earth Defense Force 4.1 eligible? It is mostly Earth Defense Force 2025, but it contains significant new additions and is not a years-late port. Also, it was released in the last few weeks of December 2015.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    l_g wrote: »
    Is Earth Defense Force 4.1 eligible? It is mostly Earth Defense Force 2025, but it contains significant new additions and is not a years-late port. Also, it was released in the last few weeks of December 2015.

I've never played it, but I assumed it was just an expanded version of a game that had its chance in the poll last year, and suggested it be removed. If you'd vouch for it (and vote for it), maybe it should go back on the list.

• Options
    Keep in mind that we have traditionally avoided expansion rereleases. For example, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen did not make it, despite being standalone. Destiny: The Taken King doesn't make it this year.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I don't see Typoman (WiiU) on that list

• Options
    PoochPooch Registered User regular
    Just out of curiosity, what the hell is "Can Feel It Coming In the Air Tonight (PC)"?

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Platforms are:

PC (includes Mac, Win, Linux, etc)
    PS4
    XBO
    WiiU

PS3
    XB360

3DS
    N3DS (Can this and 3DS be rolled in to one for purposes of results?)
    PSVita
    Mobile (Includes IOS, Android, Amazon Fire)

Ouya

You're forgetting the Dreamcast, which had five commercial releases in 2015 (although only four of them would be eligible):

Ghost Blade (shmup)
    Alice's Mom's Rescue (2D platformer, also released on Steam at the end of the year)
    Elansar/Phillia (Myst style point and click adventure games sold in a two pack)
    Fruit'Y (Puzzle game)
    Pier Solar and the Great Architects (a port of a previously released RPG)

It also got a freeware port of Volgarr the Viking (which even had an extremely limited physical release), but that doesn't count for obvious reasons.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    I don't see Shark Attack Death Match on the list.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I don't have any suggestions for changes to how it is handled, but I think situations like with Rise of the Tomb Raider are a little weird for GOTY polls like this one. There are going to be a bunch of people that'll only play it on PC or PS4 once it's out there and never get a chance to vote for it in the GOTY poll.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Square Enix clearly should've taken this small forum poll into account before making that deal with Microsoft.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Yeah, don't they realize what a big deal this is?

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    I don't have any suggestions for changes to how it is handled, but I think situations like with Rise of the Tomb Raider are a little weird for GOTY polls like this one. There are going to be a bunch of people that'll only play it on PC or PS4 once it's out there and never get a chance to vote for it in the GOTY poll.
    Yeah, that sucks, but what about the people who did play it and wouldn't be able to vote for it? Nobody ever gets around to playing every game they want to within that specific year. At least it'll be in the running for highest ranked X1 exclusive.

• Options
    As it so happens, this poll presumably won't close until after the PC version is out.

Because they knew.

• Options
    Just out of curiosity, what the hell is "Can Feel It Coming In the Air Tonight (PC)"?

I Can Feel It Coming In the Air Tonight is a text-based browser game by James Earl Cox III & Julie Buchanan. It's mostly about a couple of kids having their first date at a seaside carnival, and takes about 15 minutes to play.
    You're forgetting the Dreamcast, which had five commercial releases in 2015 (although only four of them would be eligible):

Ghost Blade (shmup)
    Alice's Mom's Rescue (2D platformer, also released on Steam at the end of the year)
    Elansar/Phillia (Myst style point and click adventure games sold in a two pack)
    Fruit'Y (Puzzle game)
    Pier Solar and the Great Architects (a port of a previously released RPG)

I looked into these games, some of them are available on even more platforms than you mention. Elansar and Phillia were released separately on other platforms and seem to have come out in 2014 on mobile, but if we ignore that the expanded platforms for your list might look like this:

Alice's Mom's Rescue (DC, Mobile, PC)
    Elansar (AF, DC, Mobile, PC)
    Fruit'Y (Amiga, DC, GC, GP2X, Mobile, PC, PSP, RPi, Wii)
    Ghost Blade (DC)
    Phillia (AF, DC, Mobile, PC)

• Options
    Cheers guys, all changes made. There's another week left yet to nominate any more games you think should make the list!

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    l_g wrote: »

I've never played it, but I assumed it was just an expanded version of a game that had its chance in the poll last year, and suggested it be removed. If you'd vouch for it (and vote for it), maybe it should go back on the list.

We played the heck out of it and it's pretty much just stright re-make. I wouldn't put it on the list.

• Options
    OrivonOrivon Happy Fun Ball They/ThemRegistered User regular
    To be Removed:
    Age of Wonders III (PC) Came out in 2014.
    Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PC) Port.
    Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (PSVita) US release planned for 2016
    Langrisser Re:Incarnation -Tensei- (3DS) US release planned for 2016

To be Added:
    Conquest of Elysium 4 (PC)

Amended:
    Little Battlers eXperience: Baku Boost (3DS) I don't know where the baku boost part came from. It was released as LBX: Little Battlers eXperience in the US.
    Rebuild: Gangs of Deadsville (Mobile) Also came out on PC and should be titled Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville.

• Options
    Henry MoonHenry Moon Registered User regular
    Goosebumps: The Game (PC, 3DS, PS4, PS3, XBO, XB360) is missing from the list.

Steam ID: gunslinger1026
  • Options
    One final nomination: Elements (by Neutral) (PC)

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Some changes/additions:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC should have (PSP) added to it.
    Summon Night 5 (PSP) should be added.

Thanks for all the effort as always!

edit: and you can remove "Baku Boost" from Little Battlers eXperience, since we didn't get the subtitle in NA.

Renzo on
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Didn't the console versions of Rebel Galaxy come out this year?

• Options
    Will sort this all out tomorrow morning, have a wife currently recovering from having appendicitis so a tad busy!

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    didn't this PS4 and Xbone ports of Rebel Galaxy not come out in 2015? (ie if they are even out yet it would have been this January)

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, good catch. The console versions of Rebel Galaxy DID come out this year.

• Options
    List is closed and submitted! Voting thread will be up soon.

• Options
    List is closed and submitted! Voting thread will be up soon.

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Thanks for doing this Mr_Grinch and everybody else who might've been involved and mcc. It's always cool to know what games the PA forums hivemind likes.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    It'd probably be more interesting if Braaaaaiiiiiinnnnsss didn't win every year.