As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX South 2016 Pinny Pals and you. Community Trading even today at 5:30

darkinferodarkinfero BOP-ITMalden, MARegistered User regular
edited January 2016 in Pinny Arcade
Below I got all the information you need to know about pinny meet ups.
I want to better help new community members. You will find a bunch of us with Pinny Arcade bags that wonderful @Maywest hook us up with.
@Hingo will have Margarita quest sheets. Pinny quest for those us over 21+
Follow for south information at Pinnypalalerts
I plan to update about anything that might be happening. Good for limited connection issues.
https://twitter.com/PinnypalAlerts
Thursday 1/28
Pinny Pal Dinner.
Republic of Teaxs Menu
7pm
Please fill out the form below if your deciding to go.:
http://goo.gl/forms/AHZY9AqfK1
I put in a reservation for 30 people. We had about 7 maybes.
If you have questions please reach out to me.
Photos from the fun dinner we had at Prime 2015 below
http://imgur.com/a/RqgdO
Friday 1/29
Meet up LE Pin line

5:30 PM - 6:30 PM Community Trading Events @evanephrine @darkinfero
I will be opening a Armageddon case.
Located Merch Lite booth

Saturday 1/30
Meet up LE Pin Line

10:30AM-11:30AM Pinny Arcade: Trading, Collecting, and Community
Located at Armadillo Theatre

1:00PM-3PM Pinny Arcade Pin Trading Session
Located in the Queue room

5:30 PM - 6:30 PM Community Trading Events @evanephrine @darkinfero
Located Merch Lite booth

Sunday 1/31
Meet up LE Pin line

Sunday: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Community Trading Events @evanephrine @darkinfero
Located Merch Lite booth

Sunday evening Pin wrap up.

My Pin collection
signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
darkinfero on

• evanephrineevanephrine ev-an-eff-rinn Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I'm also planning on heading up three Community Trading Events, one for each day, if you'd like to add that to the OP.

Friday: 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
    Saturday: 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
    Sunday: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM

Right now I'm tentatively looking at across from the Merch Lite booth/Info booth as the location for all of these. Once the map comes out I'll pick a definite location and post here and in the panel thread about it!

Also if anyone has a good reason to change the times or location please let me know. I chose those times so that we could all get together as the Expo Hall is closing.

evanephrine on
  • krovekkrovek Registered User regular
    @evanephrine i could come if you need someone there. i could do friday or saturday most likely

• OpSteelOpSteel neighbor of the village pindiot Fort Worth TEXASRegistered User regular
    @evanephrine There is a cut out space that does not seem to be used labeled as West Registration on the linked map below.. It is open to the main walk way, but out of the way. might be a good spot for your meet up. About the only thing it was used for last year was people getting away to sit and charge devices and the cosplay group picture was taken in there. Also a great place for babies to run around without getting run over. I know that one from experience last year.

http://d20inzoloc25ob.cloudfront.net/documents/maps/2012 Street Level.pdf

krovek wrote: »
    @evanephrine i could come if you need someone there. i could do friday or saturday most likely

Awesome! Ideally this will just be a gathering to encourage trading and for newer members to introduce themselves/get involved, nothing really structured. Ideally as many of us as possible will show up, I'm really hoping it's not just me and you standing there alone haha.
    OpSteel wrote: »
    @evanephrine There is a cut out space that does not seem to be used labeled as West Registration on the linked map below.. It is open to the main walk way, but out of the way. might be a good spot for your meet up. About the only thing it was used for last year was people getting away to sit and charge devices and the cosplay group picture was taken in there. Also a great place for babies to run around without getting run over. I know that one from experience last year.

http://d20inzoloc25ob.cloudfront.net/documents/maps/2012 Street Level.pdf

Interesting, I'll have to see how that ties into PA's map once it's out. Ideally it'll be in a place that's not in the way, but also not isolated.

• OpSteelOpSteel neighbor of the village pindiot Fort Worth TEXASRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    1st floor map for this year
    https://guidebook.com/guide/54720/map/59701/

The registration room is not convertible so it would not be part of either the queue or tabletop room.

OpSteel on
  • darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I'm also planning on heading up three Community Trading Events, one for each day, if you'd like to add that to the OP.

Right now I'm tentatively looking at across from the Merch Lite booth/Info booth as the location for all of these. Once the map comes out I'll pick a definite location and post here and in the panel thread about it!

Also if anyone has a good reason to change the times or location please let me know. I chose those times so that we could all get together as the Expo Hall is closing.

I love the idea of community trade events. Great idea man.

I will try to join you if I have free time.

darkinfero on
    My Pin collection
  • aleph0aleph0 Registered User regular

Thanks for putting this together! I plan on hanging around as well!

Woo people! Don't thank me though, thank @Beker for the idea. Here's the map with a few places I'm considering after asking for some ideas in Slack.

99hz6pz2hneo.png

I just have to figure out the right spot with a good balance of accessible but not in the way.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
  • HoHumtheBumHoHumtheBum CARegistered User regular
    From what I remember from last South, the top circle you have is a coffee bar + tables, the left circle is just hallway. Guess it depends on what kind of space you're looking for, whether empty or with some traffic. Also keep in mind the 2nd floor might have a lot of space setup as queues for the theaters.

Have fun at South.

• orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    The left circle area did have some open space, although I don't know if any of it will be incorporated for the Queue room with the new layout.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
    The left circle area did have some open space, although I don't know if any of it will be incorporated for the Queue room with the new layout.

The left circle area is it's own room. It was not convertible. My wife and I used this area a good bit for my one year olds to run around in last year. There are some double doors that lead what is now tabletop but I from the look of the map, my guess is they aren't being used.

• orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    OpSteel wrote: »
    The left circle area is it's own room. It was not convertible. My wife and I used this area a good bit for my one year olds to run around in last year. There are some double doors that lead what is now tabletop but I from the look of the map, my guess is they aren't being used.

To better explain my thought on it being incorporated: I'm wondering if they'll attempt to keep the space in front of the doors open (assuming those doors end up being used to access the areas in question).

Those rooms are pretty spacious from my recollection, so perhaps it is not really an issue. But I'm just hypothesizing on possibilities.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
    I'm making an executive decision!!! The Community Trading Events will take place near the Merch Lite booth, close to the PA Staff trading table. Keep an eye out for a PinnyPals banner! Everyone is invited, within the community or not. Be sure to spread the word to newer traders who are interested in expanding their collection from the PAX South pins!

So far for the pin dinner 26 people
    maybes is about 4 people.
    Menu for the Republic of Texas
    see you at 7pm

My Pin collection
  • rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
  • gacbmmmlgacbmmml Registered User regular
    Don't forget...

Karaoke
    Wednesday, Thursdays and Sundays – 9 pm – close

Update I'm going to put a reservation for about 30 people.
    I had about 7 maybes so far. I figure as we go we can fill in.
    I can't wait to see everyone on Thursday. I plan to have name tags again. It worked well at Prime.

My Pin collection
  • BrushwoodMuttBrushwoodMutt Registered User regular
    Interesting menu, but they lack prices so it makes me wonder if it is really expensive or so average they didn't bother X3

It is Riverwalk prices. I bit more expensive then you would pay for the same thing half a mile away. The food is good though, y'all should enjoy it.

• RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    I added this thread to the PAX South 2016 PRE-While-Post Parties/Events thread :)

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • NopeNope Frankfort, KYRegistered User regular
    darkinfero wrote: »

Sunday: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Community Trading Events @evanephrine @darkinfero
    Located Merch Lite booth

Sunday evening Pin wrap up.

For sure gonna try and make this one. Got some trading I need to do, and also some nice pins & a full Fuko bag to giveaway

we will be making trades and I brought most of my funky bag.

My Pin collection
    The community trading events went fantastically! Thank you to everybody for showing up and be sure to post any pics you may have in the Post-PAX South thread!