As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CYOA] Stay Calm. Remain Indoors.

13»

• The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Uh I don't think we should tax the reactor, the whole point was to pull another 3 crew out but right now it just seems pointless.

What else can crew do besides info?

Die as a result of spalling.

With Love and Courage
  • CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    3 Don't tax the reactor

The goal was to use them for transfers which we can't do now, right?

edited January 2016
    You take a walk into the elevator and check the pager.

'BAY 9. 8:30 PM. COME ALONE.'

You check your watch. If they mean tonight, you have about 45 minutes to get there.

Day 2, Phase 2: Intelligence & Interdiction

Kaijō Jieitai Kazunori HQ Submersible
    Kazunori-Log3.jpg

Player Actions

A)

You may move staffed crew dice to the Intelligence spaces during this phase. A d6 will be rolled for each crew assigned to Intelligence duty; any 6s that are rolled will be kept, representing a key piece of knowledge you have uncovered. This information can be shipped onto a command vehicle during the shipping & receiving phase. Crews do not experience exhaustion when gathering intelligence (but will not recover exhaustion at the end of the day).

There are 3 staffed crew dice available, each with a point of exhaustion; how many (if any) do you wish to move to the Intelligence spaces?

B)

1) Head to Bay 9 and wait for your mysterious contact, alone as requested
    2) Go ask Campbell to accompany to Bay 9
    3) Go get a security detail and ask them to accompany you to Bay 9
    4) Ignore the message

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    2 crew to gather intelligence

Head to Bay 9 alone

I apologize that this was too inaccessible / too boring to retain much interest; I wasn't sure how it would go down.

Do you guys mind if I ask what made it too boring / inaccessible?

I guess that's a weird thing to ask.

With Love and Courage
  • TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    I liked it, then again I've liked all of the CYOAs you've made, I think it is generally too many options coupled with punishing gameplay. Losing all our shit (this was frustrating to me for sure) and feeling like we can not engage our only enemy contact might feel discouraging.

I think the task forces were needlessly complex, having to check and recheck what you could deliver to where. It would have been nice if there had been more information surrounding the shipping lists, so it could have been easier knowing what was worthwhile to get at a glance. Perhaps colour coding the task forces and the shipping list would have been an idea?
    Getting into the action earlier might have helped too? It does work for games and movies...

Your games are generally decision heavy, complex and light on narrative. Focusing more on narrative and streamlining decision making is probably good calls to keep interest. Though personally I enjoy the large amount of decisions.

• Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    One issue is not with the complexity, but maybe how quickly it ramps up? Like if we got a handle on the goal, combat and then transitioned to ship, supplies and then big picture it might be easier? That seems to be how most of your other games worked bit by bit so it does not overwhelm with too much info all at once.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I struggled to know what I needed to post in order to take part

I think having a mechanical choice and a narrative one each post was a great idea though

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule