As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pax South 2016 Omegathon

TSou119TSou119 Registered User regular
edited October 2015 in PAX South
I'm ready for my 2nd Pax South Event! I had never been to a PAX till last year. I wish I could go to Pax Prime at least once in my life, but I can't afford the Trip! But back to what I'm wanting to talk about!

Pax South 2016 Omegathon! Does anyone know around what time will they pick people for it? I would love to Rep. My State of Texas in the Omegathon! Best of Luck to everyone and those who get picked!

~Souly~

zerzhul on

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I would guess they will do the selections sometime after pax aus and before the new year.

• ShivinShivin OregonRegistered User regular
    They made the selections for Prime around a month and a half prior to the actual date of the con. Probably get a better idea what the timeline might look like after they get out the questionnaires.

r3a9obz7nxdg.png
  • SantistaSantista Registered User new member
    Question!

Say I bought two tickets (one for my self and one for the S.O.) I just got the email for application, but it only had one Attendee ID on it. So only one of us can sign up for selection? or can we use the same ID for both entries?

• OpSteelOpSteel neighbor of the village pindiot Fort Worth TEXASRegistered User regular
    Only the person who purchased the passes may enter. Even if you bought 4 passes, you only get one entry.

• RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    I threw my hat into the ring :)

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • IrsoolIrsool Registered User regular
    Crossing my fingers!

uV3Kd9v.png
  • ScaryGaryScaryGary Registered User regular
    Now we wait.... Here's to hoping

First Pax: Pax South 2015!!!
    Second Pax: PAX PRIME 2015!!
    Third Pax: PAX SOUTH 2016 GET HYPE!!!!
    Proud Alaskan!
  • futilesfutiles Registered User regular
    OH MAN. Those games! I love everything Katamari and Geometry Wars!

• NopeNope Frankfort, KYRegistered User regular
    I GOT THE CALL TODAY! Almost slept thru it too!

• burned.forkburned.fork Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I just got the call from Robert as well. :D

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Another PAX without a call... Some day....

Another PAX without a call... Some day....

I waited almost 7 years to get a chance...it'll happen eventually. Take heart!

• EtaoinEtaoin South Barcrawl Lead, Omeganaut S16 TexasRegistered User regular
    Looks like I'll be an Omeganaut too. 8-)

7paDBmR.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Rock on folks! I will be cheering on @Etaoin at every round.

• EtaoinEtaoin South Barcrawl Lead, Omeganaut S16 TexasRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I feel all the warm fuzzies :D

Etaoin on
    7paDBmR.png
  • HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Good luck with Katamari >.<

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • palppalp Registered User regular
    I got a call too, but now I'm scared that it all was a dream, or some vicious prank... Also: Geometry Wars. =(

• thornxblthornxbl Registered User regular
    Got the call last Tuesday... I have 3 of the games on 360...

Now I gotta find the copy of Kerplunk buried at my parent's house...

palp wrote: »
    I got a call too, but now I'm scared that it all was a dream, or some vicious prank... Also: Geometry Wars. =(

That's maybe the only game on the list I actually HAVE played.

• Kiki Kiki Lady Moogle Hat Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Good luck to all who will be in the Omegathon!

Nope wrote: »
    palp wrote: »
    Also: Geometry Wars. =(

That's maybe the only game on the list I actually HAVE played.

Oh I've played it! That's what makes me sad. I know it's cruel ways.

• AdmiralbruceAdmiralbruce Omeganaut San AntonioRegistered User new member
    Dont worry I'm here... I'm here... Gonna school some fools on the plinko machines!!!!

• AdmiralbruceAdmiralbruce Omeganaut San AntonioRegistered User new member
    I got in!

• TygorTygor Omeganaut Champion San Antonio, TXRegistered User new member
    I look forward to passing on the trophy as PAX South omegathon champ to a lucky contestant. The pressure of holding the crown has become too big a burden.

Is that the crown in your profile pic? If so, I'm hesitant...

• DemonsMasterDemonsMaster Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Good luck to all Omega's. The journey is a difficult one ahead. But sweet sweet victory awaits for the chosen one.
    Hingo wrote: »

The game that knocked me out as well :( So much sadness!

DemonsMaster on
    Pax Prime (West) '13, '14, '15, '16.
    Pax South '16
    Pax Prime 2015 Omeganaut
    Good luck to all Omega's. The journey is a difficult one ahead. But sweet sweet victory awaits for the chosen one.

Really really worried about Katamari, been practicing and still am not super great. I just wanna make it passed the first round

• DemonsMasterDemonsMaster Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Nope wrote: »

Really really worried about Katamari, been practicing and still am not super great. I just wanna make it passed the first round

If Katamari is just the normal mode, all 4 of us who were knocked out started on top of the level, where most of the items around you are bigger and unable to be picked up. It's completely random where you start, but if you don't start in an area where you are able to pick up stuff in your immediate area, you are pretty screwed.

DemonsMaster on
    Pax Prime (West) '13, '14, '15, '16.
    Pax South '16
    Pax Prime 2015 Omeganaut
    So everyone is worried about Katamari, which feels weird to me, but hey! Anyone know what a reasonably good score in Geometry Wars is? At least with Katamari, my "dad" can either shower me with praise or laserbeams, and I can learn from that... with Geometry Wars it just ends in tears every time.

What a final showdown for the Omegathon!! Anyone else see that Goldeneye battle?

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • MaggieTheCatMaggieTheCat Registered User regular
    RILMS wrote: »
    What a final showdown for the Omegathon!! Anyone else see that Goldeneye battle?

It was amazing. We had front and center seats for it and I'm so glad we got to see this round live and as close as we did. It was one of the best shows I've seen. I am especially happy that the two contestants seemed to have such a camaraderie with each other -- they kept high-fiving each other after especially brutal/surprising kills.

• BadCrumpanyBadCrumpany Registered User regular
    It was a great show for sure. Big congrats to Palpitatertot for coming from behind. Way to keep us all on the edge of our seats.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    We also had excellent seats by the righthand confetti cannon, and man what a battle. Goldeneye is so pivotal as a game in history, and it was amazing to have a whole theater full of people cheering for a 1v1.

It was heart-stoppingly brutal, but Rugpisser must have blinked. Thanks guys, glad to keep you entertained while my stomach ate itself ;)

It was an amazing show! Congratulations on your win! Do you know which PAX you'll be attending?

OtyHMcu.jpg
    Australia! Otherwise I'll likely never make it downunder, and those people are amazing.

Not surprised. I would go there or Prime West. Now, you just need to apply to their Omegathon, win, and go to another PAX for free! :D

OtyHMcu.jpg
    congrats @palp !!

Are you local to the area?

Thanks @spool32 ! I'm from Lafayette, Louisiana. About 7 lazy hours away. So a bit local?

!! I grew up north of Shreveport :)

Are you planning to be at East this year?