As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can we please have...

HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
...A universal sig limit?

I know I don't have a sig, but good god, do I get sick of dodging through sig warnings when someone from, say, SE++ posts in another forum where the sig limit is different. And really, I don't see much of a point of having different sig limits.

So....anyone else think we should adopt one?

HadjiQuest on

• Options
    FenloreFenlore Registered User regular
    edited June 2004
    i think there is a universal limit

500x80

Fenlore on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2004
    fenlore wrote:

500x80
    That rule doesn't apply to SE.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    FenloreFenlore Registered User regular
    edited June 2004
    fenlore wrote:

500x80

how the hell does that work??

Fenlore on
  • Options
    OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2004
    fenlore wrote:
    fenlore wrote:

500x80

Very well.

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2004
    Orthanc wrote:
    fenlore wrote:
    fenlore wrote:

500x80

Very well.
    ILW!!!

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2004
    Orthanc wrote:
    fenlore wrote:
    fenlore wrote:

500x80

Very well.
    ILW!!!

Don't you read the G+T chat thread, you were killed in a freak ILW accident

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited June 2004
    We have a rough limit, 100kb.
    500x80 are guidelines to follow.

It is up to the mods to decide what is acceptable and what is not. If it is border line the mods will probably send you a PM.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2004
    fenlore wrote:

500x80

G&T =/= the universe.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • Options
    CainCain Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2004
    THere are some that are a tad taller than that, but nothing that's hogging up my whole monitor. I've seen other forums where there wasn't a limit and people have sigs like 500 high. As long as people are sensible about it in SE, I don't think there's much to worry about.

Oh, and a question. Does the 500x80 include text or anything else? Or is it strictly the image? Because my Alexisonfire sig is well within the limitations, but the Soulseek chatlog with Bergy and the robosax might push it a bit.

Cain on
  • Options
    bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2004
    The total amount under that white bar is your sig. Your sig must be under the limit stated in the forum-of-choice rules.

See "The other half of your thread, fuckers" for details.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2004
    Could we also add "no fucking bitmap images, period"? It's not like it's killing my modem, but I've seen bitmap sigs 3-4 times larger than gif or jpeg ones. I'm just saying it for my 56kb brethren.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2004
    Trell wrote:
    Could we also add "no fucking bitmap images, period"? It's not like it's killing my modem, but I've seen bitmap sigs 3-4 times larger than gif or jpeg ones. I'm just saying it for my 56kb brethren.
    I didn't think you could even put img tags around a bmp with the bbcode.

Cain on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2004
    Cain wrote:
    Trell wrote:

you can actually, they should probably make the mods be a little more strict on people who have outstanding file sizes in their sigs/avatars.

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited June 2004
    Obbi wrote:
    Cain wrote:
    Trell wrote:

you can actually, they should probably make the mods be a little more strict on people who have outstanding file sizes in their sigs/avatars.
    Hm. It must've been TTB then. But yeah, I've seen some humungo ones, but the mods are pretty good with it.

Cain on
  • Options
    edited June 2004
    Cain wrote:
    Obbi wrote:
    Cain wrote:
    Trell wrote:

Hm. It must've been TTB then. But yeah, I've seen some humungo ones, but the mods are pretty good with it.

The patch which blocked txt and tinyurl images would have blocked bmp images too. Alpha has since removed that patch as he implemented a better solution which actually closed the hole, unlike the image name checking patch.

Orthanc on
    orthanc