As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

State of the Union 2016: You Don't Have Obama to Kick Around Anymore

13»

• SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    US, the last best hope in this post apocalyptic era.

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    "I'm the daughter of immigrants, and I think white dudes are awesome! Bootstraps!" - Nikki Haley

[IMG][/img]
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    LOVE OUR TRADITIONS

YL9WnCY.png
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    This speech is definitely far more harsh on the Republicans than I ever imagined it would be.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    ah, I didn't quite put 2 and 2 together there

seriously though, every time she opens her eyes wide I feel part of my soul being sucked away

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    GOP response is a pretty clear indication that the party elites will not allow a Trump nomination.

She all but calls him out directly.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Wow a lot of subtle digs on Trump here

YL9WnCY.png
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    This woman has some nerve to try and use the EAM Church shooting to advocate for a political party that refuses to acknowledge the damage their policies on gun violence has done.

[IMG][/img]
    This woman has some nerve to try and use the EAM Church shooting to advocate for a political party that refuses to acknowledge the damage their policies on gun violence has done.

I'm still impressed that she came out against the Confederate flag nonsense. That takes balls in SC.

Honestly not sure if that "loudest voice" segment was a dig at Trump or the BLM movement or both.

Hoping it's directed at Trump, but it's placement right after her remarks on the Charleston attack felt weird.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    I guess the tea party already posted theirs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1cxrXbndBw

YL9WnCY.png

Is.... is this CGI?

Sticks wrote: »

I'm still impressed that she came out against the Confederate flag nonsense. That takes balls in SC.

It wasn't a priority for her until after the shooting.

I'll pretend to be impressed when she actually acknowledges it was a mistake to leave it flying at all.

[IMG][/img]
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    GOP response is a pretty clear indication that the party elites will not allow a Trump nomination.

More PROOF that the mainstream Republicans are AFRAID of someone willing to stand up to (insert non-white group here)!!!!

This is embarrassing to listen to

YL9WnCY.png
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular

this guy really likes beating hearts

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    What can the gop leadership do to sink trump's bid for the candidacy, exactly? Not invite him to debates?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Sticks wrote: »

Is.... is this CGI?

If it is the animators should be fired for not adding any keyframes to the torso at all. This guy moves like he's stuck his arms and head through a wooden cutout of a politician.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    What can the gop leadership do to sink trump's bid for the candidacy, exactly? Not invite him to debates?

mechanically, the GOP superdelegates can simply vote for another candidate at the national convention.

realistically? if this blatantly goes against what primary voters actually vote for, all hell will break loose.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
    That was the best Republican response in years and it still managed to piss me off because, honestly, what party does she think she belongs too?

Republicans reaping what they've sowed and only now fumbling to "claim responsibility" after watching their base get away from them just doesn't endear much sympathy in me.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Wooden cutout of a politician, by the way, is Jeb Bush's job title.

Mwx884o.jpg

Found an article I read awhile back that goes through the basic hurdles he would have to overcome to win the nomination: fivethirtyeight.com/features/donald-trumps-six-stages-of-doom/

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »

I've been hoping beyond hope that the party elites have that much of a soul left in 'em

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    The GOP establishment hasn't been very good at hiding their disdain for Trump.

But it's not because Trump is evil or anything, but because he's being transparently racist and hateful. They know he'll scare off moderates this fall for sure.

YL9WnCY.png
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    The GOP establishment would prefer if everyone stuck to dog whistles like when she said that after the Charleston shooting that SC didn't have riots, they had hugs.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    well, it's something

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)