As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    i was very excited that i was able to pick up a stitches from the neca heroes of the storm line. however i was much LESS excited when his right arm snapped off because i was trying to bend it at the elbow. i guess i need to hot water treat every neca figure i get. i thought it would be fine since the shoulder required a lot of pressure, but the elbow just popped out which in retrospect (after getting a look at the fact that it was just glued on either side of the bicep) makes sense.

other than that annoyance the figure is fun. comes with the cleaver, sickle, and hook as you'd expect. the chain-hook is kinda short, and i haven't quite gotta the posability out of him that i would like, but i will be handling him with more care after what happened. probably just going to try gluing it back into place and see what happens.

That sucks that it broke like that. Did you pick it up from a store or online? Just curious since they show in stock at toys r us.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    That one came from bbts but there was no indication that it was different than he one I saw in store the other day (naturally after I ordered the one online and it had already shipped).

To be fair I was applying a good amount of pressure. However it was less than was required to move the shoulder joint, and less than I think was necessary to transform some of the constructicons. I am trying some repair work, but the thought crossed my mind to leave it be and since you know...abomination so falling body parts kinda made sense?

• Options
    Yeah, plus yours is battle authentic!

So I noticed that Scattershot is being sold with Onslaught on BBB. This is the worst thing looking for a TF toy, you start seeing others you want to buy next.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Rumor is that scattershot is not very good, but I do not own him so I can't offer any first hand accounts.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Me neither, but he's apparently a redeco of Silverbolt and I remember not being too impressed with him.

• Options
    Yeah, I was more interested in the Onslaught than anything. But think I'll just wait and try keeping my eyes out for him in stores.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Anyone know when those trading cards started appearing in combiner wars toys? I got one for devastator and ultra magnus but dead end doesn't have one.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Me neither, but he's apparently a redeco of Silverbolt and I remember not being too impressed with him.

Silverbolt's good. Scattershot is Silverbolt with worse colors, a crappy garbage brick of an alt mode, and a paint job on his combiner head that just doesn't mesh with the other colors at all.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    BBTS put up preorders for another wave of voyagers with Onslaught along with Sky Lynx, you can get both for $50.

They also had Sky-Lynx up for preorder by itself for $35. A price point that of course people were complaining about.

Preorders for it are sold out now.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Schide wrote: »
    BBTS put up preorders for another wave of voyagers with Onslaught along with Sky Lynx, you can get both for $50.

They also had Sky-Lynx up for preorder by itself for $35. A price point that of course people were complaining about.

Hmm, now that set is tempting... Wait, Sky-Lynx is now a combiner too???

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Silverbolt's good. Scattershot is Silverbolt with worse colors, a crappy garbage brick of an alt mode, and a paint job on his combiner head that just doesn't mesh with the other colors at all.

Huh, I haven't touched my Silverbolt since I combined them all into Superion and put it on my shelf.

I wonder if they do some rework on Scattershot for the Technobot wave.

Hrm, I'm torn on Sky-Lynx. I kinda want him but at the same time I don't.

• Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

They all are!

• Options

They all are!

Noooo, that's not possible!

Yeah, was laughing when I saw Optimus Prime is now a combiner. I really need to read the comics to see how that monstrosity was unleashed. Makes me think of that cartoon episode when the Combaticons were sadly trying to merge by forming a pyramid like formation.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I still kinda wish they had done a Seeker redeco of Superion like they they did with the G1 Autobots and Menasor.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    kinda want to do that pre-order as well. i don't really care about the combiner portion of sky-lynx but when is the next time we may see sky-lynx as sky-lynx (as opposed to the beast hunters one). but since they are sold out i guess i'll just look in physical shops.

in other news i was able to successfully reattach stitches arm. however in retrospect i should have tried to loosen the elbow joint prior to getting the arm back in place since that was the original issue in the first place.

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular

They all are!

Noooo, that's not possible!

Yeah, was laughing when I saw Optimus Prime is now a combiner. I really need to read the comics to see how that monstrosity was unleashed. Makes me think of that cartoon episode when the Combaticons were sadly trying to merge by forming a pyramid like formation.

It was a nod to the G1 episode where five Autobots pretended to be Stunticons to something something contrived '80s plot point, but yeah, the way they did it in IDW, like most non-MTMTE things in IDW, was pretty dumb.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    I'm going to be honest, I don't know how you can make a scattershot toy without a giant robot penis. Combiner wars is vastly inferior to g1 on that point alone.

• Options
    Heh, just walked into a small local toy store and found CW Hotspot at $30 and Rook at $20. The store has a webstore but neither were listed there.

• Options
    Heh, just walked into a small local toy store and found CW Hotspot at $30 and Rook at $20. The store has a webstore but neither were listed there.

Ha ha ha, figures since I just bit the bullet and bought it from BBTS.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I'm buying all of CW Bruticus from BBTS

I went to TRU and saw all the limbs, but they were $20 a piece, when you can get all four from BBTS for $65

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    the TRU markup is weird. often it is +$1-$2 on things but then sometimes they have better prices than bbts or tfsource

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    Yeah I normally wait for them to appear at Target where they're usually at around $16.00.

I haven't been in TRU for a while, the last time I was it was when I was looking for the pieces of Menasor and all they had was a wall full of TF4 figures.

• Options
    TRU is the only place i have seen NECA figures and other collector oriented stuff in a physical store so i drop in every once in a while to check. oddly enough those are the lines where things are $4-$7 cheaper than getting it online. anything "mainstream" like transformers though you are certainly paying the TRU tax

• Options
    The only NECA stuff I get anymore is the Pacific Rim figures, and I've come across them in those Go! toy stores (side note, one of those was where I found those two CW Combaticon figures).

Most of the time I just get them on Amazon though.

• Options
    i have been getting to heroes of the storm stuff (obviously) and before that the gears of war figures. i always look at the predator and alien figures though. they look really awesome, but the temptation is also because i've seen some crazy good dioramas and photography people have done. the issue is that i suck at both of those things so they would just sit on a shelf. i have a much bigger attachment to transformers and the characters in herores (from their initial game appearances) than AvP stuff so i am OK with being unable to do the cooler stuff.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    The only NECA stuff I get anymore is the Pacific Rim figures, and I've come across them in those Go! toy stores (side note, one of those was where I found those two CW Combaticon figures).

Speaking of which, have you heard any updates on the Ultimate Eureka Striker? I preordered it back in July from BBTS, but every time I check the estimated delivery date is pushed back.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    see317 wrote: »

Speaking of which, have you heard any updates on the Ultimate Eureka Striker? I preordered it back in July from BBTS, but every time I check the estimated delivery date is pushed back.

It wasn't on my radar really, but a quick scan of Amazon has it from two separate vendors at the end of February.

Tbh I don't really pay attention to NECA's stated release dates since they are usually way off for the PR figures.

Nobody on
  • Options
    So now I'm torn. Do I pre-order the Unite Warrior Bruticus or pick up the Combiner Wars one...
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK12289&mode=retail

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    I'm getting UW Bruticus as soon as preorders open on HLJ.

MP Optimus Primal too

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    I plan on going with the unite warriors one. Ilprobably through bbts but I am not sure exactly where to get him from.

• Options
    Heatwave wrote: »
    I'm getting UW Bruticus as soon as preorders open on HLJ.

MP Optimus Primal too

Hmm, I didn't think of looking at HLJ. Thanks for the reminder that they also do preorders.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I really want to see the colors, but I might splurge on Takara Bruticus

People were upset Hasbro Blastoff was a jet and not even with the right head, but now they're bashing Takara Blastoff for the huge chest and overall odd proportions, but I still prefer it

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Yeah I noticed the peeps at TFW2005 are going nuts over Blastoff, claiming their opinion as fact and insulting each other as usual.

Personally I think it looks great and will likely look even better in colour.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    it seemed fine to me based on the few pictures i saw, haven't looked at the forums but i typically don't bother. it's sitting in my collection, the only information i am usually looking for is if the construction is good or bad. plus wtf@tfw usually does a decent job describing a lot of figures.

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    I hope UW Bruticus ends up being a G2-only release, just to piss off the TFW2005 crowd.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    143999 wrote: »
    I hope UW Bruticus ends up being a G2-only release, just to piss off the TFW2005 crowd.

i already have that scheme from fall of cybertron. i want a good g1 version that doesn't cost me an absurd amount.

speaking of fall of cybertron, does anyone have those 3P dinobots that were based on those designs?

• Options
    Hot Shot is now sitting at home waiting for me to open him up and form Defensor. I haven't been this excited to play with an action figure since I bought my newer Ban Dai Valkyrie VF-1A to go with my original.

I'm still on the fence to buy the US Bruticus or preorder a UW one. The UW ones are only sold as a set right?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    speaking of fall of cybertron, does anyone have those 3P dinobots that were based on those designs?

They're pretty great. A little frustrating on the transformation end.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    I'm still on the fence to buy the US Bruticus or preorder a UW one. The UW ones are only sold as a set right?

So far, yeah. It's like, on one hand the UW sets come at a premium, but on the other, after getting the CW Protectobots, I wish I had held off and picked up a UW set with a proper Groove. So for me, UW it is for Bruticus.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    They're not even that much of a premium if you can combine shipping a bit with them and can't find the Hasbro versions at a good price anyway.

This discussion has been closed.