As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Color contrast change?

The forums used to have a kind of blue-grey tinge to quoted posts, text boxes, etc, but now everything has a yellow tinge. Is this happening to anyone else?

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I was going to post and say that it was something with my monitor settings, don't know why the settings switched themselves... however, while the rest of the forums are back to normal appearance, the quick reply box I'm typing in now is still carrying a yellowish tint.

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    to my knowledge, it always has. Its light yellow and previously your monitor may have been washing it out.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Wait what? You guys see everything as yellowish?

steam_sig.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2016

Just the quick reply/edit post box, and only when actually interacting with it.

DarkPrimus on
    Guess my color deficiency strikes again.

steam_sig.png
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

It is a very faint hue. It might not show up on your monitor, depending on your settings.

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    The input box has a yellow tint when focused.
    input.SmallInput:focus, input.InputBox:focus, textarea:focus {
        background: #ffe;
    }

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Yeah it's kind of like a really faint yellow parchment color.

Hard to see unless you're really looking for it. And only when you've 'clicked' into it (focused like icy says).

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    I'd never consciously noticed it until someone pointed it out.

• hanahana Registered User new member
    Ah, good point.

DarkPrimus wrote: »

It is a very faint hue. It might not show up on your monitor, depending on your settings.

I can just barely notice a change at the border line of the box (Which might be an optical illusion based on the background changing), and in the box near the border, but as I focus nearer the center is looks more white. But I really am color deficient.

steam_sig.png