As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Space Holes

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Space Holes

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• ZenigataZenigata Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Capture.png
    Wow guys, I'm not even sure what to make of that...

Zenigata on
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    yeah... waiting for the morning and the fix, here.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    "Hey, hey, hey. Just because there's a portal, doesn't mean that it's, you know, bad."

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I'm shocked shocked I tell you that he just types in the text instead of painstakingly writing it out.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Chell is really really offended by this comic.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • TelemontTelemont Registered User regular
    GlaDos would agree with it. =D

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Counterpoint:

Rn96zGr.png

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Exceptions aside, if I'm playing a video game and a portal just starts opening up out of nowhere, I pretty much have the same attitude as Tycho.

• ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    180px-Portal2_CompanionCube.png

• Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    That Doonesbury face in the last panel doesn't seem to fit the tone.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Which game is this? I love games involving killing things coming out of portals.

What is this I don't even.
  • technospicetechnospice Registered User new member
    In Tera in the new expac there's a quest to open a portal and reinforcements come through it.

• TheGlassHammerTheGlassHammer Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Which game is this? I love games involving killing things coming out of portals.

I am 90% sure that is Destiny. The person is a Lighting Warlock and that portal looks like the one you go through for Oryx raid/court of orxy for controlled public events.

• GinormousGinormous Registered User regular
    WTF does, "Just m because there's ait." mean? Is this some meme speak I missed?
    Also, that portal looks like a vagina, and most people would say babies are a good thing. When you think about it, the birthing canal opening up is like a portal opening randomly in space, ergo babies are a good thing to come out of portals.

• LinktmLinktm Registered User regular
    Hey merchandise people, can we get "Just m because there's ait." on a t-shirt or something? This is some phenomenal typo-ing, and making it into a t-shirt will surely drive Jerry further into the void of insanity.

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

I've not been able to sleep after we last played "Loveable Space Baby Animals from Another Dimension Come to Visit"

The horrors I have seen. . . .

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I'm shocked shocked I tell you that he just types in the text instead of painstakingly writing it out.

Usually Tycho sends the text over, Gabe copies & pastes it in. He intentionally leaves in "Tychpos" in order to shame Tycho. Also Tycho has to pay a penalty donation to Child's Play for each one.

• TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    I wonder what the original line was. It looks like they had one line and placed a new one over it. The "M" is not in line with the other text.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

Then she should speak up!

Oh brilliant
  • sawellssawells Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure the first draft must have had "Just a minute." as part of the text, then it's been partly but not completely overwritten by the "Just because..." line, I guess they were trying to remove the double use of "Just". Hence "Just M because there's aIT. portal..."

Twitter: @EssayWells
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Ginormous wrote: »
    Also, that portal looks like a vagina, and most people would say babies are a good thing. When you think about it, the birthing canal opening up is like a portal opening randomly in space, ergo babies are a good thing to come out of portals.

That portal does not look like a vagina! What kind of vaginas are you looking at?!?!

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

Then she should speak up!

@ChelleYeah

• Finnish_LineFinnish_Line Registered User regular
    Love the art in panel 2.

Don't love the quality control issues in panel 1.

• R0n1n_76R0n1n_76 Registered User regular
    Gabe's apparently having a stroke in panel 1. The raw cookie dough finally takes its toll.

• orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Surely this isn't a Tychpo, right? Maybe Mike grabbed a portion of the text and moved it on accident? Or maybe they made an edit in real-time and Mike didn't fix it all up?

I just don't see how Jerry could've typed out something THAT bad...

EDIT: Damn Jerry...just, wow man :D

orthancstone on
    PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Obviously the VOIP is getting distorted and Tycho is hearing nonsense from Gabe. Or the stroke thing.

forty on
  • ElijahBaileyElijahBailey Wordsmith. VirginiaRegistered User regular
    I'm not really one to criticise but the text issue in Panel 1 is embarassing.

"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one in the same thing."
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I'm not really one to criticise but the text issue in Panel 1 is embarassing.

for whom

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited January 2016
    I'm not really one to criticise

Is that so?
    the text issue in Panel 1 is embarassing

Embarrassing.

Tube on
  • RenegadePhantomRenegadePhantom Registered User regular
    Ginormous / 2:32PM

If you think that portal looks like a vagina, I don't know what to tell you son. I got 99 problems, but vagina recognition ain't one.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    They fixed the typo, FFS.

You may now proceed to criticize every other goddamn thing in the strip.

• CallofBootyCallofBooty Registered User regular
    "Yeah, I'm glad that came out." - Me, every morning

I mean, I'm not literally looking at it emerge from the portal, but the sentiment is the same.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    The Star Fox team emerged from a portal that one time.

Though I suppose that depends on which side of the war you were on at the time.

• ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Liking the Irfanview mention in the newspost. Such a useful tool especially in earlier Windows versions. "It just works" was such a breath of fresh air

Chiselphane on
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Today's newspost guest written by Keyser Söze.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    "Yeah, I'm glad that came out." - Me, every morning

I mean, I'm not literally looking at it emerge from the portal, but the sentiment is the same.

If you've got a portal down there you should see a doctor. Or like... an occultist.

admanb on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular

Those are hyperspace gates, completely different from portals.