As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Plants vs Zombies] Garden Warfare 2 out now! Time for some online plant murder!

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    It is crazy fun and the new Halloween and Legends of the Lawn stuff is really excellent.

• IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Yeah, the game is a huge amount of fun. Need to try some other modes, mostly been doing Team Deathmatch.

I also unlocked Power Chomper last time I played. Need to give him a go.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
    He is THE BEST. Love his lightening breath.

Gardens and Graveyards gives you the most money per minute tho.

Yeah, I was pretty excited to get him. Of course, I love most of the chompers. Probably because I always liked the piranha plants in Mario.

I have not tried it yet, mainly as I wasted a bunch of my early consumables fucking around in the tower defense mode without realizing they were consumable. Got a bunch from the Halloween event though.

I horde my consumables unless I have to use them for a level, unless it's the really basic ones; I dump those out all the time.

Ah. Suppose I will have to give Gardens and Graveyards a shot.

And whoops, sorry I didn't accept your friend request until now. Origin did not do much to inform me I had received one until I idly checked my friends list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_0gZFfqK3w

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    That trailer is amazing.

edited June 2015
    I am in love with the rose mage

we are legit dating

Magic Pink on
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    As long as my bae the Cactus is back I am in.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    The fact that old unlocks stay is great (at least that is what a friend told me). Very excited either way. Love this series.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I really want to play the minion. The gameplay videos of Graveyard Ops just scream his unriviled joy he has at going into battle for Zomboss.

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I will be bad-ass Orange from the future all the time.

The potential for his skins are endless.

He could be an apple. Or a lime.

Or a kiwi.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    edited August 2015
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SINGLE PLAYER

DAILY QUESTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDK7DtvUZxk

Magic Pink on
    edited January 2016
    Heads up! The OPEN BETA goes live tonight.

I'm guessing you have to go here: http://www.pvzgw2.com/news/how-to-join-the-beta and register for a code.

edit: found the times: PS4 Europe - 8am PST PS4 NA - 4pm PST MS Europe - 10am PST MS NA - 12pm PST

Xbone is up now!

Magic Pink on
    Something screwy is going on with the PS4 Beta; if you have the game pre-ordered digitally you won't be able to see it to download. I can only see the Beta if I don't sign in; if I do, it vanishes.

Super laggy for me all night as well. I might dip into the first one again in the meantime to get my fix. I was on Xbox One btw.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Yeah, I kept getting dumped about every 10 minutes last night. Plus the only thing to do was multiplayer which I'm not very interested in.

But I hopped on this morning and things went MUCH more smoothly, plus they had daily quests and the Backyard events up and I had a blast. Kernel Cob is a monster!

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I forgot to start my download on my PS4 last night. I need to do that.

I updated the thread title to reflect the beta, and I'll try to update the OP with some GW2 info throughout the day today.

Yea, I got dropped from a few sessions last night. I'm sure it'll get fixed. I trust the PvZ:GW team. Loved the first game.

Not sure how I feel about the overworld though. I think I just prefer menus.

bYf6vNQ.png
    edited January 2016
    I LOVE the overworld. It's easily the best part of the game for me. Finally a place you can just run around getting coins or play with friends to show off the costume bits you've collected.

Magic Pink on
    I think I was just salty because it was even lagging there for me too. I still can't wait for the retail game. Gonna grab it on PC.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I think I would prefer to own it on PC. But I don't use Origin. I'm waging my one-man war against EA, hoping their lack of origin sales will push them back to Steam. As soon as EA starts putting their products on Steam again, I'll be all over PC gaming with them.

redfield85 wrote: »
    I think I was just salty because it was even lagging there for me too. I still can't wait for the retail game. Gonna grab it on PC.

Ah, that blows. I was on PS4 and it was fine but I did get kicked from the Backyard twice too. No lag tho!

Heads up: If you're planning on getting GW2 get back to GW1. If you can get to Rank 313 you'll unlock a special Unicorn Chomper in the sequal! Time to start grinding them skip stars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUg3EQnx1Es

So if you have EA Access and an Xbox One or the PC version, this is out today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA9QNSmaye8

The game is up for pre-load RIGHT NOW.

Also, the devs have said that:

a: you can import stuff from GW1 once a day up until Feb 2017 so we have a year to get to 313

b: import your stuff before you open any packs or else you'll get doubles of some stuff

c: open packs in order from cheapest to most expensive

d: playing against the unicorn chomper is a "nightmarish experience"

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    GW2 has my interest piqued. There's an expanded singleplayer component this time, but I understand that all of the MP modes are now playable solo with bots as well? If I play solo with said bots, do I still earn full XP/coins?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Is there a trial for ea access? I basically just want it so I can get a head start on gw2 this weekend, and then buy the physical version tuesday. Speaking of which, my game will carry over, right?

Steam: offday
    anoffday wrote: »
    Is there a trial for ea access? I basically just want it so I can get a head start on gw2 this weekend, and then buy the physical version tuesday. Speaking of which, my game will carry over, right?

Only for PC or Xbone. Yes, it'll all carry over.

Skull2185 wrote: »
    GW2 has my interest piqued. There's an expanded singleplayer component this time, but I understand that all of the MP modes are now playable solo with bots as well? If I play solo with said bots, do I still earn full XP/coins?

Yes. You don't earn coins the same way tho, killing other things gets you xp now and coins are got by doing quests and some other special things.

None of that matters tho because you'll be playing with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCgOcMVU-PU

Also, I am terrible with time zones and shit. Does this unlock TONIGHT at Midnight or tomorrow at midnight?

• GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Also, I am terrible with time zones and shit. Does this unlock TONIGHT at Midnight or tomorrow at midnight?

If it's a midnight launch, it would be ~7 hours from now.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
    Magic Pink wrote: »

If it's a midnight launch, it would be ~7 hours from now.

It is I'm just not sure WHICH midnight it's at.

Really hope the lag issues are fixed. Don't seem to have many problems with other games.

bYf6vNQ.png
    I didn't have any in the beta but I have a lot of it in GW1.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    It should be midnight tonight if tomorrow is launch day

I want this game but not enough to pay full price. Will definitely pick it up when it drops in a month :P

Local H Jay on
    edited February 2016
    I played at 11 till 1:30

I lurve me this game. rose is op

edit: whoops looks like the physical deluxe version of the game comes with a code... for the full digital version of the game. People are using the code and selling the disc.

Magic Pink on
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Woke up early cause Im an old man now and I wake up suuuuper early... anyway, it was cool because I got some play time in before work. THIS GAME IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE FIRST ONE! And the first one was pretty good, so that's saying something. There's tons of reasons why it's so good, but really the only thing you need to know is that Danger Zone plays during the into cinematic.

This is a dream game for me. A shooter with unlocks that has bots (and these bots are really fuckin competent), and playing the bot modes counts just as much as playing against real people. Even Multiplayer quests count when you play bot mode! I didn't play much with the zombie characters, but I did get a sweet Mass Effect themed Imp for pre-ordering. Mostly played as Citron, who I thought I hated. I unlocked Electro-Citron, and his primary weapon is awful. Regular Cirton is way better.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.