As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX South pin quest!

Alex The GingerAlex The Ginger Registered User regular
https://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2016/01/15/pax-south-pins1?

Behold! Not a lot of partner pins this time around - I don't really recognize any of them - but the new core set pins are neat.

• AsphoronAsphoron Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    I need that Haunted Beaver. He is adorable.

• PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Oh Snap, I need many, many copies of that beaver pin. Dam is my favourite Weedonwantcha strip of all time!

Gotta say, I'm a little underwhelmed by the LE pin this time around. Not a huge change from last year, just a rejiggering of some of the elements. Kemper collectors aren't going to be well pleased either...

Also, it is a shame to see the 3rd party pins have been halved from last year (8 in 2015, 4 in '16)

• Alex The GingerAlex The Ginger Registered User regular
    It looks like no 'earned' pins this time around either? Of the four 3rd-party pins, two are in Bandland and are surely for sale, and the Surprise Attack one seems to be the publisher's logo rather than a reference to any particular game so that one might just be for sale as well.

Aside from the possibility that more Twitch pins make an appearance at their panel, there's a fair chance that I won't be spending much time hunting down non-PA pins at South.

• JuicesirJuicesir The Boy with the D&D Tattoo Registered User regular
    The Core Logo is pretty frickin awesome, and almost redeems for the lack of a Kemper.

Almost.

• CrazyspacemanCrazyspaceman Registered User regular
    Gah I love that core set! A new FF pin and Twist and Catsby? Sign me the hell up.

• Wraith90Wraith90 Saskatoon, SkRegistered User regular
    I feel the lack of an earned pin is a mistake, South is still new and there is no way for brand new collectors to get pins without spending a lot of money.

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Can't say I'm very excited for these pins. The show set is fairly meh, and with the LE pin it seems like they missed a big opportunity. If you are gong to take a very highly collectible character out of the show set (Kemper) then it would have been a great time to make the LE a special Kemper pin.

The 3rd party pins are OK, but it will be a real shame if none of them are time sinks. This is my first Pax outside of Prime and I was really looking forward to a time sink pin I could bring back to Prime for a valuable trade.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Squire_PugSquire_Pug Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    A pax with less pins than AUS ?

How in the hell did that happen for a US based PAX?

• FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Pin vacation!

Frostbyte on
  • SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Core set is pretty nice - but no Kemper and the party pins mostly suck. I quite like the Katie Rice one but she's made better pins. Also - where is the Magic one?

Guess I'll be saving money for East easier now.

• JuicesirJuicesir The Boy with the D&D Tattoo Registered User regular
    Frostbyte wrote: »
    Pin vacation!

Pincation?

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I have to say, at first I was really disappointed about the lack of pins available compared to East/West, but after some time thinking about it I think I am happy with the idea that south and Aus have a lower selection, atleast until they have the population of East/West

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • luckycharmluckycharm Perth, AURegistered User regular
    I'm in the same opinion as most of you, sad to see fewer pins, but at least I won't cry over my bank statement this month!

• QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Wraith90 wrote: »
    I feel the lack of an earned pin is a mistake, South is still new and there is no way for brand new collectors to get pins without spending a lot of money.

PA doesn't really have a say in that. That's all based around the third party who aren't doing it for collectors, they're doing it to advertise their product.

• brettness37brettness37 Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular

Oh man. Hopefully West doesn't have 60 this year.

• darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    I'm happy this is pax lite.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • corinnetagscorinnetags Academic Williamsport, PARegistered User regular
    I have to say, after the amazing core sets for all the Paxen for 2015, I'm pretty disappointed by this core set. I'm really sad at no Kemper, and not super into any of the core pins. I've never been that into Twisp and Catsby though. I guess I should be happy at fewer pins I need to own.

• aleph0aleph0 Registered User regular
    Just some questions to ponder/discuss:

1. Will this be the permanent new PAX logo going forward, or do we anticipate yearly changes to the design based on the theme they have for the year?

2. Will a Staff Member be helping to trade for Jamie's staff pin?

aleph0 wrote: »

1. Will this be the permanent new PAX logo going forward, or do we anticipate yearly changes to the design based on the theme they have for the year?

1. They said poly is going to be coming back in 2016 we won't know till East 16 what's going to happen next.
    2. Jamies pin a staff may have it at trade table during the trade event. Same thing happen with other staff who left.

My Pin collection
    Yeah I'm pretty sure all of the logos this year will look like the South one. Wondering more kind of if they will switch up the design for next year and subsequent years after.

I would hope they would change it. Who knows.

My Pin collection
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I assume we'll be getting a new patch to match it?

edited January 2016
    deleted for double posting

Senno on

• agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Loving that beaver pin, I think I'm gunna need me a few of those!

Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • KurpavKurpav Registered User regular
    I'm happy to see PA change it up for the core. I need that ninja, neeeeeeeeed.

On the Hunt: Star Trek, Gold Overwatch, Glitch
    Check 'em: My Pins!
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016

EDIT: HD Beaver version updated.

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • MaxxsenseMaxxsense N. Ridgeville OhioRegistered User regular
    I'm just going to get the LRR Creepy Doll Pin
    I don't like the pins for south this year.

Check out my Virtual Pin Lanyard: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Maxx_Sense
  • AsphoronAsphoron Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016

EDIT: HD Beaver version updated.

The audio of this is literally the first .Wav I ever downloaded back on AOL 2.x 20 years ago.

Asphoron on
  • Pacheco909Pacheco909 Pacheco FloridaRegistered User regular
    Anyone have a clue as to why we do not have a conventional 'South' Core set? No Gabe, No Tycho, NO KEMPER??? Either way I like the selection, just curious.

Pacheco909 wrote: »
    Anyone have a clue as to why we do not have a conventional 'South' Core set? No Gabe, No Tycho, NO KEMPER??? Either way I like the selection, just curious.

I guess they like to switch things up sometimes for variety's sake. East 2014 had an "unconventional" set as well with Hot Dog Fairy and Iron Guard Stance.

• callmegarcallmegar Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    We get spoiled by the other paxen getting a ton of pins, but I wouldn't mind having less overall pins per year. A couple hunt pins would have been nice. But South is on a tough spot schedule wise, I can see why the big developers reserve their marketing budgets for East and Prime. Local and new collectors would find a good set of pins though, additional to the quest there could be pins from Versus Evil, We Love Fine, Arma, and some other repeats from this year paxen. Hardcores may find it uninteresting, but it is a good change of pace.

callmegar on
    00trpy9qu6xq.jpg
  • daledenton420daledenton420 Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    Pacheco909 wrote: »

I guess they like to switch things up sometimes for variety's sake. East 2014 had an "unconventional" set as well with Hot Dog Fairy and Iron Guard Stance.

reason why i never got that set. a bit sad i missed out on that kemper though. Still looking for him!

• misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Since it's been a while since I last got pins from a US PAX... what are the expected prices for these? I mostly can't remember what the core set costs.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    misskass wrote: »
    Since it's been a while since I last got pins from a US PAX... what are the expected prices for these? I mostly can't remember what the core set costs.

3rd party pins generally range from $10-15
    LE Pin is usually $15
    Core sets are usually $30

• evanephrineevanephrine ev-an-eff-rinn Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It's usually US$30 for sets and US$15 for individuals.

Has anyone sold their pin for $10 at the last couple of US paxen?

• evanephrineevanephrine ev-an-eff-rinn Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime had their pin for $10 at Prime but that's all I can think of.

edited January 2016
    http://surpriseattackgames.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/92/pax-south-2016-whos-going#latest
    15 dollar for pin and 10 dollar for postage after pax if you can't get it

darkinfero on
    My Pin collection
    edited January 2016
    thank you to @thx42
    They will have limited screen cheat pins.

darkinfero on
    My Pin collection