As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CoH/CoV] Chat: Big patch! Spring Fling event! ITT we plan Accualt's wedding.

• Options
    ProfessorPolycarpProfessorPolycarp Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    As I said above..were you sked to a lower level guy than the mission holder. Was it the mission holder himself that was getting +4s?
    Yes. But that guy always ran 8 man teams, we duoed his fire tank and my ice troller with a fill of 6 random people. If we couldn't keep 8, we didn't play that duo.

So I can't really remember where the transition point was for all the mobs to be boosted up a level. I'm familiar with all the spawn size stuff (there's also some rules about quantity of bosses per spawn too, but eh) and levels of the spawns for difficulty settings, but for the life of me I can't remember when team size alone boosts the spawn level.

ProfessorPolycarp on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    And the conversation sounds like what I was hearing in the trial that I was in, which you initiated.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ahh..I wasn't paying attention..hell I could have been involved I dunno.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Wasn't gear the slacker that came late forcing them to restart? Anyway, I believe Septus is correct.

ProfessorPolycarp on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    As I said above..were you sked to a lower level guy than the mission holder. Was it the mission holder himself that was getting +4s?
    Yes. But that guy always ran 8 man teams, we duoed his fire tank and my ice troller with a fill of 6 random people. If we couldn't keep 8, we didn't play that duo.

So I can't really remember where the transition point was for all the mobs to be boosted up a level. I'm familiar with all the spawn size stuff (there's also some rules about quantity of bosses per spawn too, but eh) and levels of the spawns for difficulty settings, but for the life of me I can't remember when team size alone boosts the spawn level.

You should start a sign up for a particular date to test this heh.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Wasn't gear the slacker that came late forcing them to restart? Anyway, I believe Septus is correct.

There wasn't even a set time for it ass...someone just popped on the forums and said "Ok we are starting now". I'm sorry I have to be away from the computer from time to time. :P

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hah! I wasn't actually involved in the TF, I just got to watch Duck trying to herd cats...people slowly going "Oh me, I wanna join too!".

And then right after they finally get going you popped on. The timing was just funny :D

ProfessorPolycarp on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I do what I can to disrupt anything duck is involved in.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

That must make for some awkward moments with your mom.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    A_ccualt wrote: »

That must make for some awkward moments with your mom.

OH FUCKING ZING! Best ever for PA? Ya I think so. This is somehow going in the op.

Edit: There we go..perfect.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Man, I really need to go trick or treating... Maybe tonight.

Anyone up for it?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Gear, you flawlessly incorporated that into the OP. Good show.

Accualt on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Actually the conversation was roughly:

"At what team size do mob levels increase, was it 4 or 6"
    "Increase is at odd numbers"
    "That can't be right, mobs don't get to +6 on 8 man invinc."
    "I've got it posted in the thread, spawn size increases at 3,5,7"
    "He was asking about mob level, not spawn size"

And then the conversation got dropped (although someone brought up TFs and the special rules).

So since you're a genius, maybe you can answer the initial question? :P I don't think anyone was disputing spawn size increases, but I may have missed something. It's even possible they don't increase anymore, but I remember getting +5 mobs SKd on an 8 man team running invinc.

Mob level increases as such..

Heroic- +0/+1 normal sized spawns
    Tenacious- +0/+1 big spawns
    Rugged- +1/+2 normal spawns
    Unyielding +1/+2 big spawns
    Invinc- +2/+3 normal spawns

..soloing..so on a team your boss could have been fighting +4s which would of course be +5s to you. I'm not sure exactly what level it goes up to +3/+4 but it is probably 7 or 8 man teams. You know, we should test this shit one day. You know..now I think of it they may not even get above +2/+3 ever to the mission holder. Were you sked to a lower level guy or was he the same level as the mission holder?

Wait, that was what you guys were asking about? Man I must've misread something. If you are the mission holder, the spawns will never be more than +3. TFs/Trials are different because they are set to spawn at a certain number higher in the first place, so you could possibly get +5's on a TF set on Invicible. Of course, as we saw during the respec, several TFs/Trials etc have been modified so none of that is necessarily standardized throughout anymore.

added: And now I see why I didn't understand what you were asking before. The question was inherently wrong.
    "At what team size do mob levels increase, was it 4 or 6"

Team size never effects mob levels, only number of mobs and frequency of Lts/Bosses.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Actually, I finally found a reference to it in the notoriety FAQ--this 'feature' has been taken out.
    Now remember, because of team size, many of the foes will 'con' higher because there will be some higher ranked foes. They won't con higher because their level increased. At one time, large teams would spawn higher 'level' foes, but they don't anymore.

So sadly, no point in doing this test. Ah well, +5s post ED would probably be too annoying for most teams anyway. No clue when this changed, but most of my big teaming was in I3 so it's been years.

Apparently our genius hasn't been playing as long as I have (at least in large teams) :P.

Edit: for anyone who was curious (probably just me), the +1 teamsize was 6. Older faq (I4, the previous quote was from I8):
    Large Teams
    Large teams add one level to the mission. If you are on a team of six or more then you will find that everything in it is one level higher than it would have been if you were alone or on a smaller team. So, you've just upped the variable to 0 to +2 for a normal mission--they will typically have +1/+2s in them.

ProfessorPolycarp on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    There's one other twist - going into a mission significantly earlier ( > 1 min?) than the mission owner can drop it down to heroic difficulty. It might also be possible to have TF/trial missions spawn to the difficulty level of the first guy in if he goes in alone early, since everyone sort of counts as a mission "owner".

I don't even know if this is a bug or a feature.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Everybody else is wrong, and I am right.

That is and always will be. The undeniable truth. (Issue 37 goes live during the Jeb Bush presidency and is mostly played by soldiers stationed in Korea during what historians will be calling Vietnam Part 4: The Revengeance)

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I wish one could add artificial team multipliers to missions played on the highest two difficulty levels; it'd prevent abuse where people mowed down legions of minions for easy EXP, but give my MM an actual challenge when soloing.
    By the way, I've heard rumours of I11-or-later adding Fable-type bets to the game, where you could make the game more challenging for yourself by establishing a set of handicaps before going in. Any truth to that?

Glal on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    With Flashback arcs, yea. You already get exemped down to the arc level, but you can do other stuff like turn off temp powers too.

Scooter on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    From what I've been seeing on Test, Flashback arcs are going to be pretty much the only way my Stalker will ever get to 50.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    alright so dudes, i can't decide where to spend my time......and so CoV kinda gets put on the back burner :( <--that is the face i make, the face of the sads

especially since when i come in CoV i can rarely ever find any team at all...i don't know why :( is everyone playing on the heroes side? must i purchase the hero part so i have people to punch people with?

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I didn't even know they sold any boxes other than Good vs Evil anymore. You should pick that up in any case.

Personally, I play CoV to solo and CoH to team, generally.

Scooter on
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    i see, i bought CoV right when it came out and have played off and on since then with you guys but never picked up CoH....maybe i'll do that

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    There was actually some villain teaming going on last night. When I11 releases there should be a whole slew of new villains--PA and otherwise--with the new powersets. No clue on when, I'd guess later this month.

I did the same thing as you when I came back to CoX, went redside cause that's what I wanted to play. Although I did have some teaming along the run to 50 I had to solo a lot--especially in the 20s.

There are some people like Scoot who will happily team villain side if that's where people are playing. But between people with machines that chug on redside, just don't like villain ATs, or are really fixed on a hero project (like trying to get kheldians or working on a Squadron char) redside just doesn't have critical mass most nights.

ProfessorPolycarp on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    BEAST! wrote: »
    i see, i bought CoV right when it came out and have played off and on since then with you guys but never picked up CoH....maybe i'll do that

You can just buy the CD Key off of NCSoft's online store for $20. It includes a free month of play so, really, you are paying $5 for all of the Hero content. It'll unlock some new costume options you can use on your villains too, actually.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Since I'm thinking about it, anyone interested in running hero side TFs this weekend? Remember, even if you're too high you can always exemp down and get a pool C drop.

Most popular option in chat seemed to be Ernesto Hess (6 required, 25-30) probably because squadron is in range.
    Also suggested were:
    Katie Hannon (6 required, 30-34)
    Lady Grey (8 required, 35-50, although the 35-44 chars must have a mentor. Can be hero or villain).

I wouldn't mind running Numina (4 required, 35-40) either, but I'd like to start working on Task Force commander.

ProfessorPolycarp on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I also have a couple 27s (a squad and a tank) I wouldn't mind doing the respec on.

I do plan on making a DB brute when i11 comes out, but I also plan to make a DB scrapper, so we'll see which one I end up doing first.

Scooter on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I will do any TF except Synapse and Posi that I can on my 36 Blaster. If you can get a few more people together later Scoot we can do the respec.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yea, I might want to try that tonight. Only take like an hour and a half...hell, I'd be up for doing it two or three times this weekend probably.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Screw all these high level req TFs.

Septus on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I've got the weekend off and would be up for any and all Tfs that a level 24/28 can get into.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    For Last Son and Septus (although I don't know what level Septus' current main is, here are the lower TFs):
    Hess would of course work for a 28.

Moonfire (req 6, 23-28, feat. Council)
    Citadel (req 6, 25-30, feat. Council)
    Sister Psyche (req 5, 20-25, Council/Freaks)
    Synapse (req 4, 15-20, Clockwork)
    Positron (req 3, 10-15, CoT, Clockwork, Vahz)

I'll run any of these if people are willing. If we're gonna do Posi, a good small team is preferrable. Posi's more one to blow through for the badge and the reward if you can. Big teams on Vahz are usually kinda nasty.

I could do the respec trial once maybe, but 2-3 times in a weekend? Ugggg. If only the pool D drops didn't basically blow, it'd be at least sorta farmable. Like the sewer trial, this is more of a badge collector mission now IMO.

ProfessorPolycarp on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I've got like 3 characters in range of it, so. Not saying everyone's gotta do it with me. :P

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    No, it's cool. But when I read that you were willing to do it that many times in a weekend, I involuntarily made the same noise people do when they sniff 2 month-spoiled milk. Better you than me :D

ProfessorPolycarp on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I could do Synapse and Positron(but wouldn't do the latter with the awful things I've heard), and maybe Sister Psyche(if Sever gets to 20, or if I'd want to on my controller), or Moonfire on my controller.

Septus on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I think I finally fiixed my PC, so I may be up for a TF sometime this weekend.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    For Last Son and Septus (although I don't know what level Septus' current main is, here are the lower TFs):
    Hess would of course work for a 28.

Moonfire (req 6, 23-28, feat. Council)
    Citadel (req 6, 25-30, feat. Council)
    Sister Psyche (req 5, 20-25, Council/Freaks)
    Synapse (req 4, 15-20, Clockwork)
    Positron (req 3, 10-15, CoT, Clockwork, Vahz)

I'll run any of these if people are willing. If we're gonna do Posi, a good small team is preferrable. Posi's more one to blow through for the badge and the reward if you can. Big teams on Vahz are usually kinda nasty.

I could do the respec trial once maybe, but 2-3 times in a weekend? Ugggg. If only the pool D drops didn't basically blow, it'd be at least sorta farmable. Like the sewer trial, this is more of a badge collector mission now IMO.

Down for anything but especially down for something Blitz can get in on(28ish) but once again I must ask you to schedule it not from 12:00-6:00mst on Saturday...thankyou.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm wanting to do Hess Sunday afternoon with Squadron.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Ringo wrote:
    Everybody else is wrong, and I am right.

Sig quote quote sigged 8-)

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Ok, nobody's showed a hard preference for anything other than Hess. So I propose the following given what's been put forth so far:

Saturday. Gather 7-7:30PM CST (6:30 MST, 8:30 EST, 5:30 PST)
    Or when we fill up a party, whichever happens first.
    TF: Sister Psyche. This is a reasonable length, doesn't require full 8, and lets some of the lower players participate. Plus it's not all council.

Sunday. Gather 4-4:30PM CDT (3:30 MDT, 5:30 EDT, 2:30 PDT) Daylight savings time Nov 4, 2am.
    TF: Ernesto Hess. I'll sign up for this if there are spots left after the squadron players flow in. Someone else gets to herd cats on this one.

If you don't like a time or TF, now's the time to bitch. If you want in, quote your name in with a list like below.

Sister Psyche
    1. Blau Maschine (37 Claws/Regen).

ProfessorPolycarp on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Ernesto Hess

Blitz Squadron Level 28- Peacebringer(Tanking)

Gear Girl on
This discussion has been closed.