As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blade & Soul] WARLOCK! Poharan/Cerulean Order! Leveling Challenge!

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Going for original original, or PA reference original?

How does Obsidian Soul sound?

• Options
    TornelcoTornelco ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Registered User regular
    Or Clawshrimp Soul

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Clawshrimp and Soul would sound better but you know, ridiculous naming convention limitations.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    ClawShrimp, DeepCrow

Exactly 20 characters.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Without the "spurs" I feel an obsidian based name lacks something as far as reference based names go. The cowboy outfit would be a great match for it too but I'm sure everyone would rather pick their own styles.

Clawshrimp Style definitely has that cheesy animal-named martial art flavor that would fit in a kung-fu film.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Or Clawshrimp School

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Or you could just not go with a PA comic-related name because those all sound incredibly forced.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Clawshrimp Style definitely has that cheesy animal-named martial art flavor that would fit in a kung-fu film.

I didn't even think of this when suggesting it. I was thinking of Gangnam Style.

But Clawshrimp Style the dangerous martial arts of Penny Arcadia is another way to look at it. =D

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    korodullin wrote: »
    Or you could just not go with a PA comic-related name because those all sound incredibly forced.

I think in this case Clawshrimp Style/School sound fairly thematic though, otherwise I'd normally agree.

• Options
    Um...

o7fttwY.jpg

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    What's wrong with being a little enthusiastic?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    I like Clawshrimp Style myself

• Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    In any case we should just make a clan, I want to be able to leave most of these annoying chat channels and still be able to find people to group with ;p

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Clawshrimp Style sounds good to me too.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I'm honestly surprised that Gold Sellers bought headstart.

It was nice when Region chat was just friendly chatter yesterday before the goldspam. :P

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Sounds like it's going to be Clawshrimp Style. I'll go ahead and make it for now so we can get that rolling.

Edit: Annnd made, I'll be on awhile yet so send me a message ingame (Kyanilis there too) and I'll get you an invite.

Kyanilis on
  • Options
    Thor1590Thor1590 Registered User regular
    Aw damnit, it's not letting me make a guy on Poharan right now.

• Options
    Thor1590 wrote: »
    Aw damnit, it's not letting me make a guy on Poharan right now.

Literally blame Mushin. They put server selection on a cycle because 50% of the game's entire population was going to one server... then bitching about overpopulation.
    https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/146617-character-restriction-schedule/

If you already made a character on a server you can still create more and bypass the restriction.

If you haven't made anything yet... spend the time to create your appearance data so when your slot does open up you can finish up character creation in literally a minute (Load Preset --> Select Character Voice --> Name --> Server).

• Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    Don't really see how a rotating restriction schedule is going to help when it's literally everyone trying to shove themselves into Mushin for fear there will be no population at all left after launch month. Just weird to worry about a game eventually being a wasteland when, in all likelihood, a large number of these overly concerned folks would leave well before that situation occurs anyway.

• Options
    Varg wrote: »
    Don't really see how a rotating restriction schedule is going to help when it's literally everyone trying to shove themselves into Mushin for fear there will be no population at all left after launch month. Just weird to worry about a game eventually being a wasteland when, in all likelihood, a large number of these overly concerned folks would leave well before that situation occurs anyway.

We're not agreeing with it or saying it makes sense.

We're just spreading the message.

• Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    I know :) Just remarking that I'm mostly perplexed why that was the solution they came up with of all things.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Varg wrote: »
    I know :) Just remarking that I'm mostly perplexed why that was the solution they came up with of all things.

Yeah. I got lucky myself. For some reason I was able to make a character on Poharan this morning even after reading about the staggered server character creation.

Also, I totally blame Arcanis for showing this to me and leaving me no choice but to start playing. Started a Blade Master this morning and it's pretty fun. Playing a Destroyer right now (fitting no?), which looks like it could be a fun time as well.

Once I'm through the tutorial on the Destroyer and can join the Cerulean Order, I'll be whispering for a clan invite.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Honestly, would prefer the guild name have no reference to a cardboard tube at all. But whatever.

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    So I was playing earlier no problem. Go to log in now, get an update. Now the game won't load at all. Goes through the file check but doesn't actually launch the game, it's just eating up CPU as a background process and not doing anything. Rebooting didn't fix anything. Thoughts? Do I have to reinstall? :bigfrown:

Edit: Looks like it's going around -

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    Geddoe wrote: »
    Honestly, would prefer the guild name have no reference to a cardboard tube at all. But whatever.

We ended up going with Clawshrimp Style, or did you mean no PA references?

• Options
    Same thing's happening to me. Crashed. Client update. Game runs in the background but won't actually run.

They patched a shitty and broken Launcher update.

• Options
    Someone on Reddit posted a workaround, avoiding the launcher.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/41c4he/how_to_fix_nonlaunching_client_1252015/

Basically: Replace Client with pre-patch client (backup the current one).
    Run a Batch file to launch the game without the launcher.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/41c4he/how_to_fix_nonlaunching_client_1252015/

How do I run a batch file?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »

The same way you run an exe. At batch file is just a preset lines of command line told to run. Check the link for more info.

• Options
    Stragint wrote: »

Should just be able to run it normally as long as it ends in .bat

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I can't seem to rename it at all. Might have to wait for them to fix it.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Kyanilis, I'm in game as Sneakers and would like an invite. Shot you a tell but you never responded.

• Options
    Tornelco wrote: »
    Kyanilis, I'm in game as Sneakers and would like an invite. Shot you a tell but you never responded.

Whoops, yeah missed that. Tried to send you an invite but it's complaining about your faction. You can't join the clan till you've joined Cerulean Order which happens pretty early on.

• Options
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    Tornelco wrote: »

Whoops, yeah missed that. Tried to send you an invite but it's complaining about your faction. You can't join the clan till you've joined Cerulean Order which happens pretty early on.

Okay, I joined the faction now.

• Options
    VoroVoro Registered User regular
    Finally got a character on Poharan. I went with assassin first, and the decoy skill is amazing. I'll try to get an invite tomorrow or Monday, need to finish creating characters and settle on a class first.

XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So, how does one join the clan?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Are guild invites by character or by account?

Is there a cap on the number of people that can be in the guild?

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433