As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Resolutions Old and New

nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
Now's the time to think about goals. Goala you made this year (and maybe didn't keep if you are like me), and goals for the year to come. Here are a few of mine...
Last year - Read fifty books (yay), exercise more (iffy), buy a house (yay)
This year - Talk less, smile more, exercise five days a week, finish doctorate, not fail at being a father (first kid due in June)
Whatcha got?

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    I'm gonna finish this motherfucking novel.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Get Gud at Street Fighter 5.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I'm going to start writing every day. No, seriously. For real this time. I mean it.

Haha. Never gonna happen.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    [obligatory]1920x1200[/obligatory]

broken image link
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    My resolution is to post here more!

*Never posts again*

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna finish this motherfucking novel.

Infinite Jest?

Me, I've made some plans to sort my life out, working on some new hobbies to see where they take me, but as someone who always sabotages this by finding any way to stop and give up, my goal is simply to keep moving, no matter what I'm doing.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I like New Years resolutions, I think they are positive!

I am going to try and exercise more, get my 5k under 30mins, get more flexible. Meditate more. Keep pushing myself to try but be okay with not being the best.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I am gonna try to start exercising a bit because I enjoy eating garbage too much and am getting a little bit of chub

I am also gonna work more on writing which I severely neglected this year

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I'm also going to try and be better with regards to video game budgeting. A $20 game here and a $10 game there add up quickly.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    #getmyshittogether2k16

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    Ooof, I have a big year of resolutions ahead of me. This year I'd like to:

Eat better! (more fruit & veg, less carb)
    Lose 30 lb's (1 lb per week should have me completing this around October, giving me a few weeks in the year to use on splurging and stuff)
    Get my orange belt in Krav Maga (will help with the weight loss!)
    Spend less (I have a number in mind that's the max amount I want my credit card bills to total every month)

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Be a better scientist. Maybe dick around on the internet less. (He says with a paper deadline looming and NOTHING written [how do i roll smiley?])

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I'm going to beat nethack with a tourist

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I think I'll wait till 2017, to go 4K

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    I quit smoking at the start of the year, I'm planning to comit more in my own professional development, get some formal certifications squared away and put some concrete business into my dream of owning my own business

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    My resolution is to disengage from unwinnable internet """""debates""""" instead of banging my head against brick walls, especially on Facebook. It'll be better for my blood pressure.

Also to make use of Facebook's 'see less of X' feature.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    [obligatory]1920x1200[/obligatory]

Actually, my new resolution is 2560x1440.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    My resolutions last year were to write a spec pilot (accomplished), write and submit a fellowship spec (accomplished), write and direct a short (yuppers), get my credit score above 650 (cleared 700), and drink less (uhhh...). 4 out of 5 is pretty dang okay.

This year I want to finish my feature script and get it submitted places, try to get an agent, write another spec pilot, write and direct another short, and get my 5k time back down to a respectable number.