As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Friends or not?

dsul3084dsul3084 Registered User new member
So the people I hang out with recently have been going out without me. (We've hung out for the past 4 years) Two weekends ago I suggested that we all go watch the movie 13 hours when it was to come out in theaters. The weekend after that they all went out to see the movie and no one said anything to me. This isnt the first time they have done something like this. They have started to seem like they aren't real friends but should I just give up on trying to be their friend or what should I do since I confronted them about it?

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Was there a catalyst? An event or gathering where after you noticed a change? Did someone get a new SO? It's hard to tell with just one event, but you know them better than I do. Also because it matters, are you and your friends the same sex or is it a mixed gathering.

• Options
    dsul3084dsul3084 Registered User new member
    I can't pin down a specific time when this started. There are no new SO. We are all same sex we used to work together and are all same age and I believe they have done something similar to someone else.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    dsul3084 wrote: »
    I can't pin down a specific time when this started. There are no new SO. We are all same sex we used to work together and are all same age and I believe they have done something similar to someone else.
    Its usually never something so direct as fuck Luke he's out, as it was that maybe the organizer of this event doesn't like you, or he forgot about you, try to do something like a lunch with 2 or 3 of the other members of the group to get a feel for what's up. Don't do anything silly or dramatic and don't call people out in public or in private, that won't help you. Just see what's up. It might have been a misunderstanding and people are embarrassed.

• Options
    lunchbox12682lunchbox12682 MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    dsul3084 wrote: »
    Its usually never something so direct as fuck Luke he's out, as it was that maybe the organizer of this event doesn't like you, or he forgot about you, try to do something like a lunch with 2 or 3 of the other members of the group to get a feel for what's up. Don't do anything silly or dramatic and don't call people out in public or in private, that won't help you. Just see what's up. It might have been a misunderstanding and people are embarrassed.

Agreed. And sometimes they do want to exclude you. It sucks, but sometimes you just have to deal with it an move on. Sometimes the relationships will repair themselves over time.

• Options
    ThundyrkatzThundyrkatz Registered User regular
    You said you all used to work together. Do some or most of them still work together? Is it possible that they were all together and decided to go see the movie and you were not around?

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    DO you all use facebook or twitter? Maybe something got shared or liked or whatever that set someone off.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos