As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

StarCraft: Rumors of Starcraft 3 where as real as a full night's sleep.

• Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Ok, there's gonna be some archon matches in 5 mins?

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Those early infestors actually seem like quite the ace up the sleeve with those ravagers?

That sounds very strong.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I wish I could convey how annoying it is to have a massively bigger army in tvt and lose because of a drop when you're out on the map

clearly I could have handled it better. doesn't make it less frustrating.

edit

tvt: I get a huge lead and blow it through bad control or bad multitasking
    tvz: I tend to win. not sure why.
    tvp: adepts lol

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Variable wrote: »
    I wish I could convey how annoying it is to have a massively bigger army in tvt and lose because of a drop when you're out on the map

clearly I could have handled it better. doesn't make it less frustrating.

edit

tvt: I get a huge lead and blow it through bad control or bad multitasking
    tvz: I tend to win. not sure why.
    tvp: adepts lol

I figure given the popularity of zerg that terran players mostly get TvZ experience while zerg players mostly get ZvZ experience.

Also, the TvT tank-medivac meta looks exhausting.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    The wife played LotV last night on her new computer. She went from all the settings on low/medium to ALL EXTREME!

The smile never left her face.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I find extreme distracting. I don't really need to see creep undulating or pylons shimmering.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    Yilias wrote: »
    I find extreme distracting. I don't really need to see creep undulating or pylons shimmering.

Yeah, it was fun to try out extreme graphics with ragdoll animations once, but it was noticeably harder to tell what was even happening in the game.

I've got a long weekend for archon mode and for chasing that elusive automated-tournament trophy.

Who wants to play Starcraft.

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    @kedinik I'm up for archon!

Also, there's a pretty awesome set of grudge showmatches going on at BasetradeTV right now. TLO vs Lilbow starting it off!

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »

The wife loves the sparkles! She also has no love for multiplayer (maybe co-op) so being super efficient and on-point with APM isn't an issue. Hell, I saw her spend almost 20 seconds placing her Gateway yesterday. 20 seconds! 20!! :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Invictus wrote: »
    kedinik I'm up for archon!

@Invictus Sounds good, I'll log into SC2 in a little while and I'll probably be online for the rest of the day.

@mmmig I was watching Bisu stream last night. but after one game he interacted with the chat a lot and I literally couldn't understand it. playing videos too.

but that was cool AND apparently either gom or kespa are running a BW cast in english, tasteless mentioned it. I certainly intend to watch.

@mmmig I was watching Bisu stream last night. but after one game he interacted with the chat a lot and I literally couldn't understand it. playing videos too.

but that was cool AND apparently either gom or kespa are running a BW cast in english, tasteless mentioned it. I certainly intend to watch.

Gom is not a thing anymore; dunno if they went entirely out of business or just out of esports, but afreeca replaced them basically entirely. Think it's afreeca behind the BW cast.

yeah I leapt from GSL. woops.

mmmig I was watching Bisu stream last night. but after one game he interacted with the chat a lot and I literally couldn't understand it. playing videos too.

Tastless and Artosis casting?

Just about anything would probably be fun to watch if they're casting.

I would assume they'd go to them but I'm not positive

• hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    mmmig I was watching Bisu stream last night. but after one game he interacted with the chat a lot and I literally couldn't understand it. playing videos too.

Tastless and Artosis casting?

Just about anything would probably be fun to watch if they're casting.

Tasteless and Artosis casting Tasteless and Artosis casting?

Yes, def Tastosis casting BW.

• GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Is there a non-defunct PA chat channel in LotV?

Also, any Protoss players still here who can throw a bunch of shit at me in PvT? I'm trying to get a basic handle on scouting Oracle pressure vs. Adept pressure vs. everything else and I just need some reps.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Griswold wrote: »

i still use the one from before, but i just haven't been on b.net a lot lately.

edited January 2016

Also, any Protoss players still here who can throw a bunch of shit at me in PvT? I'm trying to get a basic handle on scouting Oracle pressure vs. Adept pressure vs. everything else and I just need some reps.

@Dhalphir or @Invictus maybe?

The PA chat seems dead. I've been playing a decent amount for the last week but I haven't seen people in it.

Also, I am clawing my way back up towards my old level of zerg competence.
    2zbanswwh6lp.jpg

@TannerMS Have you tried LotV yet? Getting back into SC2 has reminded me of our old games, but I haven't seen you play or post in a while.

kedinik on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    @Griswold I can help with some stuff, Dhal#1109

Today I am defending well against silly cheeses and then dying because I do not follow up on the lead well.

:'(

edited January 2016
    I think I've been using a ZvZ build that is too greedy.

17 hatch, 17 gas, 17 pool.

It's fine against hybrid pressure-expands, but I think speed comes too late against hardcore early-pool all ins.

I ended up breaking my 8-game losing streak by switching to 17 hatch, 16 gas, 15 pool.

Feels much safer but you sit at 3 larva for a little while. Though you might be able to safely fit a drone in before the pool on most maps.

kedinik on
    @kedinik that actually was the build i've seen in a lot of places for ZvZ. were you making any spines to help out?

Which one is the build? 17/17/17 or 17/16/[16 or 15]?

I have not usually been building spines, no. Probably a good idea, though.

the 17/17/17 but it is from a while ago so maybe the early pools are more refined now.

kedinik wrote: »
    Today I am defending well against silly cheeses and then dying because I do not follow up on the lead well.

:'(

that is the worst.

it sucks when it turns to a long game and you lose but I hate it even more when you say okay, I am ahead, just stay calm

and then they re all in and you're like, oh right they didn't have much choice did they.

@Variable @Yilias

Y'all up for some TvZ in the next few weeks? I could use the practice.

It's by far my weakest match-up because on the ladder I'm hitting T much less often than Z or P.

@kedinik absolutely

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    I'm finally back from being away for basically 1.2 months. Snuck some legacy in but will now be able to actually put some effort into it!

Yeah the commanders need new maps, stat.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • SorCSorC Registered User regular

@Griswold

I'm still around too, but being on the east coast of Australia means I'm rarely on at the same time as any US people during the week. You should be able to catch me on weekends though. I'm also in the old PA chat channel whenever I'm on. As others have said though, it still feels like a ghost town. I've seen @kedinik and @Invictus in there once or twice, but that's about it.

11776-1.png
    Yeah, Griswold, I can practice PvT with you.

MMMig wrote: »
    I'm finally back from being away for basically 1.2 months. Snuck some legacy in but will now be able to actually put some effort into it!

Yeah the commanders need new maps, stat.

It was fun to try the co-op with Dhal but I think I would be bored if I played it again. There just was not a lot happening on the map.

On the other hand MMMig do you want to play ZvZ some time??!?

well that's the starcraft i remember playing as zerg and never have enough drones. then die to a billion stalkers + disruptors (well those are new i guess).

anyone know if there is a list somewhere of target drone count at specific game times? so say 40 drones by X minutes or anything like that?

• SorCSorC Registered User regular
    @Variable check out tonights GSL code A. TY vs Patience. You'll love it ;)

11776-1.png
    @sorc thanks!

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    well that's the starcraft i remember playing as zerg and never have enough drones. then die to a billion stalkers + disruptors (well those are new i guess).

anyone know if there is a list somewhere of target drone count at specific game times? so say 40 drones by X minutes or anything like that?

probably not a list, because it really depends on your opener.

it was possible to max out on roaches by 11 minutes in Heart of the Swarm though, and with starting with more workers it should be possible to do it in 9mins or so in LotV.

edited January 2016
    I think at this point it is in my best interest to just stick with one opener and accept build order losses in the interest of training myself to saturate properly etc. I feel as though my biggest issue is propping up infrastructure I don't need at the wrong time, and too many army units when they aren't required. This disrupts the drone flow and I end up behind in workers and ultimately unable to reinforce properly.

A lot of builds I have seen have food targetsbfor when to do certain things but I don't have a feel for when say my 3rd should be saturated. The game I lost last night I felt I was in decent shape until I was mowed down by a billion lasers. My opponent tried some adept harass and a warp prism drop but all he did was force 6 roaches. I don't think I lost more than a drone or 2. However I think I went overboard on spores/spines (3spores/2 spines total spread across my 3 bases). Ultimately I tried to push his third with Roach/long and a couple hydras (wanted to go hydra/ling) and the attack got deflected. Not long after 3 disruptors and probably 15+ stalkers show up as I am trying for a 4th and I can't defend because I don't have the resources to make enough units. According to the end game graphs k was behind in workers the whole game (slightly) and WAAAAY behind in army basically the whole time.

I guess I should've droned up when I scouted his 3rd but I thought I needed to pressure.

WingedWeasel on
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    SorC wrote: »
    @Variable check out tonights GSL code A. TY vs Patience. You'll love it ;)

Losira vs Choya was pretty interesting too.