As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Triad Wars Pin?

ToafaloafToafaloaf Registered User regular
Has anyone seen this out in the real world?
https://twitter.com/triadwars/status/605790223713181696

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    CGgy_2jUkAISBYW.jpg
    10:36 AM - 2 Jun 2015

The fuck?

It might not have been released, but how did we not see this at any point?!

EDIT: "Might not" is probably an understatement. It wasn't.

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • Options
    I wonder if anyone won the contest. Seems like a low barrier to entry...

• Options
    evanephrineevanephrine ev-an-eff-rinn Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It doesn't look like it got much attention, and apparently they're shutting down their beta in a couple days so maybe it was never made? Also I agree Fish, how the fuck did we miss this?

• Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    I NEED IT.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    That looks like a photo and not a mock-up, so safe to say at least one was produced? Probably cheaper to not pick them up from PA if the game/company went under.

But if that one was to make it to ebay..

• Options
    I guess they were planing to bring it to prime.
    I don't know how we all missed that. Opps

My Pin collection
  • Options
    Wraith90Wraith90 Saskatoon, SkRegistered User regular
    Well this is odd, saw this post and immediately got a re-tweet about it from pinny arcade.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Which they've now deleted!

jaigpRUl.jpg

ep6xlkl.gif

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • Options
    Somebody has the pin:
    https://twitter.com/ThaKilla24/status/671779113456287745

The question is: who will be the first to ask this person if it's for sale...

• Options
    It was me.

• Options
    Looks like ThaKilla24 tweets maybe once a month. Hopefully you hear back. Very curious if they'll hold back.

• Options
    grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    I don't know how to process this information, I need an adult.

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • Options
    JuicesirJuicesir The Boy with the D&D Tattoo Registered User regular
    My thoughts are this: if it isn't here yet, then it isn't official.

• Options
    adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    Juicesir wrote: »

TIL there have been no official pins released since East 2015.

ChMDm4Y.png
  • Options
    JuicesirJuicesir The Boy with the D&D Tattoo Registered User regular
    adambarg wrote: »
    Juicesir wrote: »

TIL there have been no official pins released since East 2015.

#thingsthathelpmesleepatnight

• Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Trading DLC, DSB Merch, Gold OW, and Castle Guy for this pin!

<Protip, if you ended up with one of these somehow, now would be the time to put it on ebay>

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    There is probably a big box of these just siting in a corner somewhere.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    AsphoronAsphoron Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Qumaden wrote: »
    Trading DLC, DSB Merch, Gold OW, and Castle Guy for this pin!

<Protip, if you ended up with one of these somehow, now would be the time to put it on ebay>

OOOO castle guy! Now I have to get one to trade :P

• Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    When I saw the tweet earlier today I was like, "The ****?"

How did I never even hear about this pin? Relived that I'm not alone though.

• Options
    misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    According to the forums, this is a (part) Square Enix game, and was supposed to be set in the Sleeping Dogs universe. Is there any value in tweeting at Square as well? I have no idea if they actually respond to tweets from fans.

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    F6yO8UNl.jpg

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • Options
    https://forums.triadwars.com/discussion/7089/the-pins-just-became-valuable

If I was bidding on that auction I'd ask for a new photo considering it's just cropped from the original tweet, and the account is only a few months old.

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    and its literally called "pinfriends"........

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Named pinfriends, doesn't realise he has a super rare unreleased pin until today.

Also his one + feedback is for buying something, so unproven as a seller afaik.

$330.00

@Beker @dabe @Robert Khoo @merchmistress plus any other PA staff that may read this; if you guys have some type of release plans for this pin you should probably let people know now before someone spends this much on a soon-to-be-common pin...

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • Options
    MadkineMadkine AustraliaRegistered User regular
    So, reading the thread, it looks like at least 18 of these made it into the wild.
    That should mean the developer has the full box of 1,000 (or more).

• Options
    I got a email respond from someone behind triad wars.
    I posted it both on slack and whatsup app.
    They are making plans for those pins. Stay tuned to our social media channels for more information in days to come.

My Pin collection
  • Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    THANKYOU! for saving me from clicking on 'bid'

Ayefkay on
    My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    darkinfero wrote: »
    I got a email respond from someone behind triad wars.
    I posted it both on slack and whatsup app.
    They are making plans for those pins. Stay tuned to our social media channels for more information in days to come.

The email for exact wording:

azApeT1m.jpg

All right boys, close it up! Looks like we got another Naughty Dog on our hands!

lol, bids have been cancelled, ebay auction now down to $102.50, made by the one guy not checking this thread. :P

• Options
    That email reeks of a typical customer service response that really tells you nothing in the end.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's months before they actually know what they are going to do with the pins.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Watch for details to come out SoonTM

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    dchoydchoy OregonRegistered User regular
    IT'S A TRAP!

PAX Prime attendee since 2008.

Another year of Prime gone by... commence the struggle!

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dchoy
  • Options
    SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I tried the game out - as I was a big fan of Sleeping Dogs. It was a fun timewaster - but it felt like a slightly better APB: Reloaded. Repetitive and definitely geared towards microtransactions. But I was willing to overlook that because I wanted it to be successful to fund a sequel to Sleeping Dogs. But no one really knew about this game and these pins could have really helped with that. It feels wrong to want a pin that is part of a failing game, and yet I still want it....

• Options
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    That email reeks of a typical customer service response that really tells you nothing in the end.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's months before they actually know what they are going to do with the pins.

Months? The game is apparently shutting down in a day. Then away to a storage bin forever...

• Options
    Member Id: f***f Retracted: US $500.00

Member Id: m***u Retracted: US $325.00

Member Id:l***o Retracted: US $100.00

Now sitting on the starting bid of $50. MyNtgRd.png

• Options
    D0rkAnglD0rkAngl Lynnwood, WARegistered User regular
    At $15 each, assuming they printed 1000, they're sitting on at least like $2000 (based on the number that will probably sell ;))

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Toafaloaf wrote: »
    SkeleVader wrote: »

Months? The game is apparently shutting down in a day. Then away to a storage bin forever...

THAT game might be. But there isn't anything stopping them from cutting away the "useful" bits of the IP and releasing something else, this time with Pin Hype!

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    @Beker @dabe @Robert Khoo @merchmistress plus any other PA staff that may read this; if you guys have some type of release plans for this pin you should probably let people know now before someone spends this much on a soon-to-be-common pin...

This is a third party pin, why would you think we would be in charge of releasing it? Are you new?

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Beker wrote: »

This is a third party pin, why would you think we would be in charge of releasing it? Are you new?

This has come up before. I don't know what the contracts with 3rd party people look like, but currently there doesn't seem to be a provision for PA announcing the release. Which seems kind of odd, because the signal boost from the PA front page would be a good thing for them to have. I'm not saying Triad Wars would have escaped the axe, but they would have had a lot more interest if this community had known about them.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Beker wrote: »

Good one!

fishfishmonkeyhat on