As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moments of the Week - Extra Spooky Halloween Edition

• BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Not until she becomes a priest and her father is the devil.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • tinyfisttinyfist Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    David doesn't really impress me that much. I'm pretty sure I've read issues before where telepaths have copied somebody's expertise in emergency situations several times before. That just kind of makes him a little silly. Like if Gambit could only charge Hot Wheels, and nothing else.

tinyfist on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Not until she becomes a priest and her father is the devil.

Fuck you Chuck Austen, Fuck You

Algertman on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    tinyfist wrote: »
    David doesn't really impress me that much. I'm pretty sure I've read issues before where telepaths have copied somebody's expertise in emergency situations several times before. That just kind of makes him a little silly. Like if Gambit could only charge Hot Wheels, and nothing else.

C'mon, you have to admit that the issue where Dani gave him a lucid dream where he got to keep all of the knowledge he absorbed was pretty cool. And sorta scary, like in the way that Dark Beast is really just Beast without a moral compass.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • TankTank Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    New X-men was all kinds of awesome this week.
    I like how they "cured" Elixir's depression by having him make out with some girl.

Also, is Anole really gay or was that just Rockslide being a dick?

Tank on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Tank wrote: »
    I like how they "cured" Elixir's depression by having him make out with some girl.

Anole's gay. That was partly why he saw Northstar as a real figure to admire.

Fencingsax on
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Anole's gay. That was partly why he saw Northstar as a real figure to admire.

Rockslide is always a dick, regardless of whether he's right or not, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

KVW on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Finally, pictures of my Justice Society moment of the week, (minus Bats)
    obs6.jpg

obs7.jpg

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2007
    Power Girl calls the league and says "there's another superman here" and they sure take their time getting there

you'd think at least Clark would be like "Shit" and zoom right there

It was nice to see Obsidian, though

Garlic Bread on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »

C'mon, you have to admit that the issue where Dani gave him a lucid dream where he got to keep all of the knowledge he absorbed was pretty cool. And sorta scary, like in the way that Dark Beast is really just Beast without a moral compass.

My favorite part was Hellion's future as a villain realized. Frankly, I think the character lost a great deal of his edge when he became what feels like the male lead of the series and shed the moral ambiguity in the process.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2007
    Crime Bible was pretty meh

Maybe it'll be better when read as a whole instead of five issues

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2007
    Geoff Johns writing Superman perfect in comics this week

Algertman on
    edited November 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Crime Bible was pretty meh

Maybe it'll be better when read as a whole instead of five issues

I thought it was alright, but yeah, since it's more or less five one shots, it would work better read all at once.

Bad Karma on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I liked the first one, I thought it was cool how the theme of deceit was worked into all aspects of the story. I even got deceived into thinking that I'd worked out the twist,
    thinking the husband was the real villain, when it was the wife who had deceived everybody.

I'm hoping this story will help shape the new Question into a strong character.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    KVW wrote: »
    Next is Daredevil's greatest enemy.
    ddvsbricksdo0.jpg

To be fair, the bricks had it coming.

Reminds me of

Glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • tinyfisttinyfist Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

That was pretty neat. But I don't see how they could possibly ever let him do that in a situation other than dreaming, or alternate universes, or whatever.

tinyfist on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    DCU: Halloween

Jesus Christ, Dan Didio
    Charlie Brown sacrificing Snoopy to the Great Pumpkin is unacceptable.

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    DCU: Halloween

Jesus Christ, Dan Didio
    Charlie Brown sacrificing Snoopy to the Great Pumpkin is unacceptable.

I thought that was pretty funny.

Bad Karma on
    edited November 2007
    David Arquette's story was ass. And of course it had to be the Robin story

I did enjoy the last page, though

if only for pointing out that Deadman's still around

Garlic Bread on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

That was great.
    "I'll start. Anole's gay."

"Wanna make out?"
    "Uh...I...'kay."
    Chris Yost and Craig Kyle know that there is only one thing that can bring a teenage boy out of a spiraling depressing: Being asked to make out by a cute girl.

The Muffin Man on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Rather unspookily, it was the Ultimate Adventures trade I picked up on a whim.
    The last panel shows Batman and Robin knockoffs Hawk-Owl and Woody standing on a roof, about to swoop down to save a family of three from being mugged in the alleyway behind a cinema showing 'The Mask of Zorro'.

Hmmmm.

Wildcat on
    edited November 2007
    I think I'm the only person who thinks that there isn't enough Hawk-owl and Woody in the Ultimate Universe. They're basically ignored and it's a shame. I clearly need to become a comic writer so I can rectify the situation.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited November 2007
    I loved Ultimate Adventures

Garlic Bread on
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ultimate Adventures is the best thing to come out of the Ultimate universe, and i'm not being sarcastic either. I demand more Hawk-owl and woody.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
    edited November 2007
    I really enjoyed it, certainly more than I was expecting! A very pleasant impulse purchase.

Wildcat on
    edited November 2007
    Finally got my copy of New X-Men. Gogo David...err, Prodigy. His personality changed so damn quick after the Cuckoos hooked him up.

wwtMask on
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Someone needs to link this Unicorn shit.

I have to know.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
    edited November 2007
    Wildcat on
  • Rey Del AguilaRey Del Aguila __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    When did (the new) New X-Men get so awesome? Thole Nimrod/Forge/Killer Church guys seemed sort of lame along with the exploding bus killing some unwanted characters... i paid little attention to it. Was it with the appearance of Belasco?

Rey Del Aguila on
    Because you know who SAID you know what with you know who, let's keep that between me and you.
  • Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    New X-men 43, Prodigy(David Alleyne) finally showing some balls when he
    gets part of his power back.

Also buying the latest X-factor HC(13-17). More Layla "I know stuff" Miller! yay.

Seriously, these 2 characters at the peak of their power could wiped the floor with the Marvel universe.

Kipling217 on
    The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
    edited November 2007
    Kipling217 wrote: »

Also buying the latest X-factor HC(13-17). More Layla "PLOT DEVICE" Miller! yay.

Seriously, these 2 characters at the peak of their power could wiped the floor with the Marvel universe.

I shouldn't have to fix that

Algertman on
    edited November 2007
    It's times like this that I really despise you, Algertman.
    Not really, but stop hatin' on Layla, god damn it.

wwtMask on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    When did (the new) New X-Men get so awesome? Thole Nimrod/Forge/Killer Church guys seemed sort of lame along with the exploding bus killing some unwanted characters... i paid little attention to it. Was it with the appearance of Belasco?

New X-Men have been awesome since House of M... which was what... 2 years ago?

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yea, it took a lot of killing but they finally got the NXM cast down to a manageable number after that. We actually know who all of them are now, plus I disliked the whole "The Hellions team is totally gonna turn out evil" direction they seemed to be taking back when the book focused on the New Mutants team.

Scooter on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Scooter wrote: »
    Yea, it took a lot of killing but they finally got the NXM cast down to a manageable number after that. We actually know who all of them are now, plus I disliked the whole "The Hellions team is totally gonna turn out evil" direction they seemed to be taking back when the book focused on the New Mutants team.

Yeah... plus New X-Men is the only book where they seem to actually mourn when a team member dies... it was the only book to have anything for Northstar, and the only book to keep referring to teammates they lost like, yesterday for all intents and purposes.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
    edited November 2007
    To be fair, no one really expected Northstar to stay dead. Surprise, he didn't.

Also, New X-Men has been awesome since it was called New X-Men: Academy X.

wwtMask on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I know there's been a push (at least in some series/companies) that death becomes something less of a joke, but the raw number of times that someone has been killed, only to return, or for it to be a clone, or an alternate dimension's version of that person, or to have them replaced with someone that's effectively the same from another dimension, or a clone, or a cloned person from an alternate dimension, or to find a new ability, or to have a giant expedition in their name to pull them back from the afterlife... in a world/universe with magic and super science, death probably just isn't that big a deal.

"Hey Joe, nice to see ya. I thought you died last month?"

"Yeah, I got better."

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Also, New X-Men has been awesome since it was called New X-Men: Academy X.
    Eh. There were a lot of early stories that were pretty painful (the "ghost" one stands out in my mind as being terrible, and the Josh/Rahne stuff)

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Algertman wrote: »
    Kipling217 wrote: »

Also buying the latest X-factor HC(13-17). More Layla "PLOT DEVICE" Miller! yay.

I shouldn't have to fix that

Yes, her powers are a plot device. So is the fact that Superman can fly. Deal with it.

I like her because she has a backstory I don't fully know(How does she know stuff?) and havent seen a million times before. She is an interresting addition to a genre that is overfocused on Muscles as opposed to Brains(yes even Batman, he may hit people in their weak spots, but he still hits people). The awsomeness of Layla Miller can be summed up in the way she dispachtes a assassin in Issue 3#

That scene is seven kinds of awsome. No description will do it justice. But needless to say I got a healthy respect for little miss plot device after that.

Kipling217 on
    The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    How do you even call a character a plot device? Yeah, characters drive the plot....as they should.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif