As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SWTOR] Next chapter of KotFE coming March 10: Disavowed

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    @Cambiata Thanks! I'll give that a try when I get home tonight.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    Enosh20Enosh20 Registered User regular
    do people even run the group finder raids? was in a queue for it for like an hour and a half and nothing :( doesn't even say any "estimated wait time" or anything -.-

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Enosh20 wrote: »
    do people even run the group finder raids? was in a queue for it for like an hour and a half and nothing :( doesn't even say any "estimated wait time" or anything -.-

Yeah they do, I've gotten in a few group finder raids. It's just harder for a groupfinder group to get together since you need a specific number of every role, and probably most of the people who queue are DPS, just like the FP groupfinder.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Your best bet if you're a filthy casual like myself is to hang out on fleet and wait until you see someone announce "<raid acronym> SM GF <roles needed>" and sign up there. I've never made it into a groupfinder raid via groupfinder.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Finished the Epilogue/Prelude to RotHC with my Sith Marauder.

Second FP Spoilers:
    The False Emperor Spoilers
    Did they seriously bring back HK-47 just to let me kill him in possibly the lamest way? Such a waste.

Also, seriously, this whole FPs that advance story is a bit weird, considering you could miss them entirely without knowing.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »

Second FP Spoilers:
    Did they seriously bring back HK-47 just to let me kill him in possibly the lamest way? Such a waste.

Also, seriously, this whole FPs that advance story is a bit weird, considering you could miss them entirely without knowing.

Prior to the expansions, there wasn't much else to do after the main story, and the game does automatically give you the breadcrumb trail quest for them, so you have to go out of your way to ignore them.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »

Second FP Spoilers:

Yes.
    They do it three times. In the Foundry, False Emporer, and then the Temple of Sacrifice (Revan) operation. Pretty sure in the last one he's just an add during the last fight, though.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Here's Dulfy's summary of today's dev-livestream.
    Dulfy.net wrote:
    Contents
    • State of the Galaxy
    • Changes since last stream (Dec)
    • Chapter X
    • Small info about the new warzone (more in Feb)
    • Eternal Championship
    • Wrap Up

State of the Galaxy
    • Group content: Big thing for KoTFE is to make all the previous group content relevant again. We also added Star Fortress as new content for up to 4 players. We also revamped heroics. There are people who played all these content before and want ne stuff. At this point we don’t have anything to announce. While story/cinematics is our focus, we do want to add new group content in the game. We have discussions internally right now about it.
    • GTN Search: All the bugs should be fixed since yesterday. Needed live server info to fix this bug.
    • Events: We had some issues with events in December so we are running them again in Jan.
    • Guild Conquest Rewards: We have some scripts running today/tomorrow to give out rewards for those who haven’t received them yet.
    • Cartel Market: There has been lots of feedback about CM/packs. We will make a forum post in the next 2 weeks to outline the changes.
    • Any plans to add in new events? Don’t have anything to share right now. We have gotten good mileage with our current events.
    • New chapter should come every 4 weeks. Every chapter is tied to a game update. This is until the finale at Chapter 16.
    Changes since Dec livestream.
    • Eternal Championship coming with Chapter 11 (instead of Chapter 10). It wasn’t ready yet.
    • Bowdarr coming with Chapter 11 as well.
    • Blizz recruitment mission will be coming with Chapter 10.

Chapter X
    • Coming Feb 11, continue your personal story.
    • Recruit a dangerous ally.
    • Make deadly decisions and face the consequences. One part of the consequence can be seen at end of the chapter while another part is further down the road.

Blizz recruitment mission (comign with Chapter X)
    • Meet Blizz and his all new Jawa crew on Hoth.

Crafting Update (coming with Chapter X)
    • Skill increase to 550
    • New craftable gear and mods (item rating 208). Existing crafting gear will be bumped up 4 levels each.
    • This will affect the augment MK levels.
    • Old appearance will be coming back – War Hero stuff etc.
    • New materials
    • Mission re-organization
    • More info coming before end of Jan. It will be a very long forum post.

Class Balance Changes
    • We are debating if we should do small changes every month like we did last year or do big sweeping changes every few months. Would like to get community feedback which one you prefer.

Sub rewards
    • Sub by Jan 11 – unlock HK-55 companion recruitment mission in Chapter X
    • Sub by Feb 1 – 2 days early access, HK inspired jetpack

Nvidia Contest
    • Ends Sunday, use Shadowplay to record KotFE gameplay and submit.
    • Chance to win 3 gaming PCs, 10 GTX 960s.

New Warzone (more detailed info coming in Feb)

• New warzone in the planet Odessen.
    • Gamemode will be King of the Hill.
    • Multiple hills, with hills randomly spawn in the map.
    • ETA for warzone release date will be revealed in Feb livestream. Release is not too far past that (within 6 months).
    • We will post when the next season starts soon.
    Eternal Championship
    • Will it be too easy for veteran players? Yes and no.
    • Coming with Chapter XI. You will need to complete first 9 chapters to access it.
    • Solo challenge to test player skills. Meant to transition you from the story content into group content. You can do it solo or with friends but the weekly mission rewards are for soloing only.
    • 10 Encounters in Eternal Champion. First 5 encounters will be easy, allowing a broad group of players to get through. Last 5 encounters will be harder and Veteran players should feel satisfied finishing the last chapter.
    • Weekly mission reward progress. Right now we have 3 weekly missions – one for finishing first 5 encounter, another for finishing first 7, and last one for all 10 encounters.
    • We are taking feedback on what is the appropriate gear reward. Weekly reward for first 5 encounters maybe give solo flashpoint rewards and weekly reward for finishing all 10 encounter maybe you can get operation level gear.
    • In addition to the weekly mission rewards, there will be rare drops to some of the encounters.
    • Recruit the wookie gladiator: Bowdaar. If you can complete the harder encounters you can get him faster.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Blizz is my favorite companion in TOR. If they lock him behind some bullshit like M1-4X/Pierce, I'm going to be pissed.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    So is Eternal Championship like some kind of horde mode, or a training raid style thing?

• Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    So is Eternal Championship like some kind of horde mode, or a training raid style thing?

No idea! Personally, I'm expecting something vaguely like a somewhat watered down version of The Queen's Gauntlet in Guild Wars 2, where there is a sequence of fights you are challenged with, and each fight is generally more challenging than the last and often has some tricky mechanic you need to overcome.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Watch it be that Blizz requires the Gree event, and they launch the new content the day after a Gree event just ended.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I believe they mentioned that Bowdar will in some way be locked behind the Eternal Championship, and that he would be even easier/quicker to unlock the more waves you survived.

Wishful thinking
    Hopefully it in some way both
    a) teaches people to do their job/role while still respecting mechanics, while also
    b) giving an indication about the experience/skill of the player.
    (E.g. "Can deal >800dps while steping out of AoE", "Can survive two tank busters with ten seconds inbetween them, while taunting the correct targets, and applying the correct debufs at least 80% of the duration of the fight" or "Can heal >700 eHPS while clicking the correct button".)
    . . . without turning into a debate about elitism in the game.

Commodore75 on
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I wonder if they are going to be Fight Club in WoW or the Training Grounds from WoW?

• Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    I wonder if they are going to be Fight Club in WoW or the Training Grounds from WoW?

Its probably going to be the fight club or Brawlers Guild from Wow. Eternal Championship has that vibe.

Both are nice enought I guess. One teaches you dps and the other teaches you raid behavior. Neither is especially vital for experienced players.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    Can I just say that I like the armor sets from the Gree event, especially as a Agent. Fits right in with my way of playing the character too.

"Be Calm, Be Polite and Have a Plan to kill everyone you meet." However don't tell anybody about the last part, because when the Blue Tech Ninja stabs them between the ribs I can go "I have no idea who that strange Blue Ninja was or why he would kill the person that turned down my polite request."

Its what makes TOR fun, the idea that your characters have a personality beyond shoty,stabby healy figure on screen,

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    If I'm way over leveled for a planet should I skip the main planet quest and only do the class quest? I just finished Balmorra and I'm level 36 which puts me more than 10 level above what I should be for Tatooine.

Level scaling does make it so I don't feel as overpowered as I would otherwise be, but with leveling being so fast it's almost hard to not over level everything. I actually have little interest in the Imperial planet stories anymore since this will be my 4th time through them, so maybe it would be to my benefit anyways to skip them anyways. Between the class story, heroics, and my current over leveling I'm thinking I should be fine from here on out doing just that.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    Yep, at that point you can just do your class story if you don't want to touch the planetary.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    If you're going to pick what to skip, save your overlevel to completely skip the Hoth planetary mission. I hate that planet so much.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    I don't know, at least it's easy to navigate (mostly because its wide open spaces). Compare it Corellia which is just a pain and completely uninteresting in my opinion.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Hey guys, considering dabbling in SW:TOR again. I was early access/subbed for a few months after release, quit for a while, then tried briefly when it went F2P. Was very put off by the restrictions, so I haven't bothered since then (also checked my characters and apparently a few have numbers after their names now, so not sure how I feel about that, but eh). But with new Star Wars and all, the bug bit. I have a few questions.

1.) Can the expansions be purchased with in-game currency (in some form)? Or is the only way to get all the expansions to subscribe?
    2.) Can you play and do only the story missions at this point? Or are world missions necessary? Is the "12x" leveling (or anything similar) available to preferred accounts, or only subscribers?
    3.) Can more medical droids be purchased with in-game currency? I don't remember how valuable they were in dungeons, but the limit seems like it may make grouping to do dungeons a bit inconvenient (or perhaps it doesn't, again, I can't remember how valuable they were previously).
    4.) Is there any way to "relive" previous story missions? How important were previous story mission (or even world) decisions on future expansions? I have a Level 50 Jedi Guardian, but I wouldn't be able to remember everything that happened, so if I can't somehow see them all again, I may just delete and make a new one.
    5.) Do "Legacy" perks (the things that are related to your family tree, I guess) get shared among servers? Or only one a single server? I.e., if I left my Level 50 on Shadowlands and remade on Jedi Covenant, would any perks unlocked on the Level 50 carry over to the new server?

• Options
    am0n wrote: »
    Hey guys, considering dabbling in SW:TOR again. I was early access/subbed for a few months after release, quit for a while, then tried briefly when it went F2P. Was very put off by the restrictions, so I haven't bothered since then (also checked my characters and apparently a few have numbers after their names now, so not sure how I feel about that, but eh). But with new Star Wars and all, the bug bit. I have a few questions.

1.) Can the expansions be purchased with in-game currency (in some form)? Or is the only way to get all the expansions to subscribe?

As of right now you can only get the story by having a sub. But once you have something unlocked, it remains there for every new character even if you unsub.
    2.) Can you play and do only the story missions at this point? Or are world missions necessary? Is the "12x" leveling (or anything similar) available to preferred accounts, or only subscribers?

Leveling is pretty fast these days, but at least on early planets you still would need to do something supplementary to story missions to keep your leveling on track. I usually do both story and planetary missions and then skip everything else, but you can replace those planetary missions with flashpoints, heroics, pvp or even starfighter missions if you want. (I wouldn't recommend doing starfighter missions unless you're into it enough that you're OK with getting destroyed a lot until you have your ships built up)
    4.) Is there any way to "relive" previous story missions? How important were previous story mission (or even world) decisions on future expansions? I have a Level 50 Jedi Guardian, but I wouldn't be able to remember everything that happened, so if I can't somehow see them all again, I may just delete and make a new one.

You can't 'relive' or 'rewatch' old story missions, you'd just have to roll a new character to see them.
    5.) Do "Legacy" perks (the things that are related to your family tree, I guess) get shared among servers? Or only one a single server? I.e., if I left my Level 50 on Shadowlands and remade on Jedi Covenant, would any perks unlocked on the Level 50 carry over to the new server?

Legacy perks are per server, unfortunately.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited January 2016

3.) Can more medical droids be purchased with in-game currency? I don't remember how valuable they were in dungeons, but the limit seems like it may make grouping to do dungeons a bit inconvenient (or perhaps it doesn't, again, I can't remember how valuable they were previously).

1. No, but subscribers get all of it for $15 as opposed to just up to Shadow of Revan for $20.
    2. World missions are entirely unnecessary. They occasionally will call back to it off-handedly("oh hey, you're that famous guy from <planet>!"), but otherwise it has no importance outside of its own arc.
    3. Yes, 5 probes for 400 cartel coins. It's pretty pricey so it's not really for regular use.
    4. They're not important at all. Once the base story mission for a class finishes, it converges into the expansion storylines that are the same for all classes.
    5. I don't believe so? I'm not sure on this one myself, off-hand.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Cambiata wrote: »

As of right now you can only get the story by having a sub. But once you have something unlocked, it remains there for every new character even if you unsub.

Leveling is pretty fast these days, but at least on early planets you still would need to do something supplementary to story missions to keep your leveling on track. I usually do both story and planetary missions and then skip everything else, but you can replace those planetary missions with flashpoints, heroics, pvp or even starfighter missions if you want. (I wouldn't recommend doing starfighter missions unless you're into it enough that you're OK with getting destroyed a lot until you have your ships built up)

You can't 'relive' or 'rewatch' old story missions, you'd just have to roll a new character to see them.

Legacy perks are per server, unfortunately.

Thanks. Do any of the decisions you made in the original game matter (i.e. have a lasting impact on the story)? I suppose I could always try to youtube the stuff to see what I missed instead of necessarily rerolling.

6.) Can CC be purchased with in-game currency, or at least any in-game way to pay for character transfers?

Edit: Found this, which I found useful.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20151005

am0n on
  • Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

1. No, but subscribers get all of it for $15 as opposed to just up to Shadow of Revan for $20.
    2. World missions are entirely unnecessary. They occasionally will call back to it off-handedly("oh hey, you're that famous guy from <planet>!"), but otherwise it has no importance outside of its own arc.
    3. Yes, 5 probes for 400 cartel coins. It's pretty pricey so it's not really for regular use.
    4. They're not important at all. Once the base story mission for a class finishes, it converges into the expansion storylines that are the same for all classes.
    5. I don't believe so? I'm not sure on this one myself, off-hand.

1.) Thanks. So sounds like my best bet would be wait for the next chapter to release (any idea when?), pay for one month, and then just coast on that until I get to the point that I did all the story (my main goal this time through would just be play the story, so not trying to unlock everything for raiding or anything) and then decide if I want to do another month to unlock whatever was new.
    2.) Yeah, based on the link above, that sounds good. I don't mind the world arcs, but some of the planets just had a LOT of gopher quests.
    4.) Okay, so if I decide to just keep my current Guardian, maybe digging around youtube I can find a combination of all the relevant cutscenes to relive the experience and then continue from there.
    5.) According to Cambiata, it's per server, which means if I wanted to keep anything Legacy related, I'd need to transfer my characters (to play with you guys) or just stay where I am (on Shadowlands).

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I'm not quite to chapter 9 with my shadow who I've always played as darkside and it is refreshing to see the different choices in KOTFE since even my Imperial characters make mostly lightside choices. If you are like me and mainly stick to lightside (save that one character who will take the darkside points if it means killing a Hutt) you owe it to yourself to go through at least one character making all the evil choices.
    Do I want the Emperor's assistance? Yes please, early and often.
    Tanno giving me grief? Time to die scumbag.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    One thing about Legacy perks, if you transfer a character to a new server, it copies your Legacy over. If you already have a legacy on that server, it keeps the highest one.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    6.) Can CC be purchased with in-game currency, or at least any in-game way to pay for character transfers?
    well you get 20CC for some stuff, but it's not exactly fast, I think you get 20CC when you finish the first planet for the first time but I'm not 100% sure

if you use that 7 day referral thing you count as a sub so you might be able to add the mobile authenticator at that point which gives you 100CC each month

• Options
    JimboJimbo down underRegistered User regular
    You can actually add the authenticator even as preferred, and you do get the coin bonus for it.

404 not found
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Has anyone had issues with holograms not showing up at all?

• Options
    Jimbo wrote: »
    You can actually add the authenticator even as preferred, and you do get the coin bonus for it.
    oh so that's why it allowed me to do add a security key like 2 days before I subbed, i thought it had something to do with the kotfe chapter 1 free trial thing, guess they changed that somewhere after 2013, because I know I did the JK and trooper story back then and only subs were allowed to add a security key

• Options

Heh, if only I had a smart phone. :)

But the Refer a friend thing sounds wise. Comes with a free transfer anyway. And then if I do sub for one month to get the latest expansion content, that'd be 500 CC I can use to transfer other characters.

• Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular

But the Refer a friend thing sounds wise. Comes with a free transfer anyway. And then if I do sub for one month to get the latest expansion content, that'd be 500 CC I can use to transfer other characters.

Definately do the refer a friend thing, it nets you some nice goodies that improve QoL as a free-to-play (and it helps that person earn progression towards some rewards themselves).

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    Bullhead wrote: »

Definately do the refer a friend thing, it nets you some nice goodies that improve QoL as a free-to-play (and it helps that person earn progression towards some rewards themselves).

Now, from reading, the Refer a Friend thing is valid as long as I haven't subscribed within the past 90 days. I could still have played, correct? Like, let's say I start dabbling around for a few weeks and then decide to do that. Could I still benefit from the Refer a Friend, or once I've logged in within 90 days is it no longer applicable?

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I think that should work, but I'm not sure. I played a little bit, then found a reddit referral and used it.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    As long as you've never used a referral and you have not been subscribed for 90 days, you can benefit from using a referral.

• Options
    Thanks.

• Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    As long as you've never used a referral and you have not been subscribed for 90 days, you can benefit from using a referral.

you can use a referral more than once, as long as you have not used one recently (I think within 3 months of using one and subscribing). My brother and another friend of mine have used a few of mine over the years.

253J736.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I've decided to come back to the game and purchased Kinghts of the Fallen Empire via Origin. When I put the code on SWTOR's website it shows me as having registered Rise of the Hutt Cartel and nothing else. Is that normal?

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    All you do is sub for one month and you get every expansion for life. Not sure what you bought unless it's a subscription.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
This discussion has been closed.