As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[SWTOR] Next chapter of KotFE coming March 10: Disavowed

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Looks like I essentially bought a two months subscription plus a level 60 character token.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The level 60 token is a freebie for getting KotFE

• DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    Yeah, the Knights of the Fallen Empire Origin Outlander pack is basically a two month sub, a little mini-pet, and 1,050 Cartel Coins, for $30.
    So it's kinda a 'buy a two months sub, get $10 of cartel coins free' sort of deal.

• Enosh20Enosh20 Registered User regular
    is that 1050 in total or 1050 in addition to the 525 monthly one gets for being a sub?

• finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    Yeah you get 1050 for buying it, and then you would get 525 for each month you're subbed.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Enosh20Enosh20 Registered User regular
    well I'm a complete retard

thought I'm buying some Hemostatic Gel for 600,XX for one but it seems I accidentally clicked twice or something (and of course didn't double check) and it was actually 600k per item, 2,5 mil down the drain... send a mail to the guy but I really doubt I'll see a single credit of that back, oh well, my own fault for being a moron

• StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    That is, unfortunately, a very common scam (especially when they fiddle with the price so you think it's a decimal and not a comma). Also unfortunate in that the official response has always been "well we can't be bothered to do anything to change the display, so you're on your own!"

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    It's rakghoul week, so I'm getting around to putting my characters--the ones that have done Knights of the Fallen Empire, anyway--through getting Lokin. I do love just how smooth a liar that guy is, and how honest he can be at the same time.

• Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    If you're into PvP, but main on an US server, maybe check this out
    URC 5: Regstars and Stripes - 1v1 PvP tournament on USA servers!

WE ARE COMING TO America - THE HARBINGER SERVER!

Trailer here courtesy of Skyrush: https://youtu.be/YVJ6OopOYiE

This event will highlight everything American! Violence, a lack of democracy and teenagers getting shot!

This is still a first come first serve event, if you want in then post your details and you'll be signed up. We want to make this the best possible tournament we can so we may have to jiggle some picks around but we'll genuinely try and keep it as much first come first serve as possible.

After you've all recovered from spending valentines day alone, upper cutting waterfalls for practice because you're clearly the next 1v1 champ we're bring the pain state side. It's time for The Ultimate Regstar Championship to make it's first trip overseas.

Once again Eric Musco has been generous to us for prizes giving us a bunch of cartel coin codes to giveaway but because this is on my non native server I have no credits to offer - any donations for prizes would be greatly appreciated and recognised during the broadcast.

At URC #4 we saw Mosh - the reigning champion get taken down in nail biting fashion against the Russian potato powerhouse that is Roudy. Will he reclaim his belt on home soil or is he forever AFK? Due to two operatives bringing shame to the class and making each round last 20 minutes we have some new rules. Seriously, it's meant to be a fight, not a "see who can roll in opposite direction and heal the best" competition.

If you're looking to see what the events are like we have links here. These are abridged events made by the amazingly talented Skyrush and even if you aren't taking part I strongly suggest you check his youtube channel out:

URC #1: https://youtu.be/b6408zkzVHs
    URC #2: https://youtu.be/9unhss_i7pE
    URC #3: https://youtu.be/AZLViax2Ed8
    URC #4: https://youtu.be/3FSL-8umrvM

To avoid the normal basement dwellers who like to try and spoil these events by mounting up and jumping around during duels we'll be holding it in the Nar Shadda stronghold again. I understand the LOS isn't perfect, I understand leap doesn't work perfectly, take the issue up with bioware.

The format will be similar BUT A BIT DIFFERENT to previous events. Once again the stealth and non stealth classes will be separated out but there will be NO non stealth vs steal the finals.

Also this time Operatives ARE NOT ALLOWED TO OUT OF STEALTH REGENERATE AND CAN ONLY VANISH ONCE PER ROUND. IF YOU PLAY OPERATIVE PLEASE UNDERSTAND BREAKING THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION.

In case you've watched my stream you'll know I hate, like really hate, making extra rules for duels but the class balance is so out of whack something has to be done. On top of that, this rule should prevent any 20 minute hug fests like we saw during one fight last time. PLEASE BEAR IN MIND ALL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE: THIS IS THE BEST IDEA I HAVE RIGHT NOW IF SOMETHING ELSE POPS UP THAT IS MORE ELEGANT I WILL CHANGE THIS.

Stealth and Non Stealth are completely seperate brackets this time. We will have 1st and 2nd place in both stealth and non, prizes will be equal.

To make the tournament even more interactive we'll also be hosting a discord room for those watching to be able to discuss the action as it unfolds and to get the opinions of the viewers on who they think will take the win!

32 spots are available for now, we'll do our best to accommodate every one but we reserve the right to make some adjustments to the format if necessary.

Ultimate Regstar Championship #5 - Regstars and Stripes!

Rules: IF YOU SIGN UP WE EXPECT YOU AT TO BE ONLINE AT LEAST 30 MINUTES BEFORE START UP TIME. If you are not present you may lose by default
    Date: Saturday 20th February 2016 - 3pm PST / 6pm EST / 11pm GMT
    Location: Nar Shadda Stronghold (competitors will be invited)
    Prizes: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place will all receive prizes

Pre Show hype - 1pm PST / 4pm EST / 9pm GMT PST: http://www.hitbox.tv/Snave
    URC #4: http://www.hitbox.tv/Snave
    Signup Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UWI_klOYAvJuaejWrQsAI4_y4RiCwOcc5fQN6gOLfBs/edit?usp=sharing

Anyone who would like to donate credits / prizes for the tournament please get in touch with in game: Snave - The Red Eclipse or via PM on the forums

Prize Pool so far:

- 1st: 2x 2400 Cartel Coin codes (per bracket)
    - 2nd: 2x 450 Cartel Coin codes (per bracket)
    - Credit pool so far: ZERO

We'll also be giving away more cartel coin codes to the people watching the show live.

Mechanics:

*Stealth vs Stealth in one bracket, Non Stealth vs Non Stealth in the other. OPERATIVES CAN VANISH ONCE PER ROUND AND HAVE NO OUT OF COMBAT HEALING ALLOWED - BREAKING THIS IS A LOSS
    *Initial fights will be randomly assigned.
    *Format will be 1 x Knockout rounds, rest is best of 3, Best of 5 for the finals.

Rules:

*Only one character sign up per person.
    *DPS and Tank specs only.
    *No use of Medpacks / Adrenals / Grenades or ANY other consumables with the exception of Stims.
    *Rocket Boots / Mounts are not allowed.
    *Failure to show up in time for the duel will result in disqualification.
    *Server transfers are welcome to sign up
    *No companions / external help
    *2018 expertise is required by all participants
    *OPERATIVES CANNOT OUT OF COMBAT HEAL AND ARE ALLOWED ONE VANISH PER ROUND

The format and rules are subject to change. Any changes will be made as visible as possible.

If you're interested please type the character your wish to enter on / class / spec / faction below and I'll update the spreadsheet as we go along.

FOR EXAMPLE : SNAVE / OPERATIVE / CONCEALMENT / EMPIRE

Out of respect, please do not restream, rehost or rebroadcast this event. Participants doing so will be removed from the event.

WHO WILL BECOME THE ULTIMATE REGSTAR!
    Note: the 'nerf' to Operatives/Scoundrels.
    Maybe an Operative won't win this time!

• Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    appologies if this has already been posted
    some information regarding Eternal Championship
    Hello everyone,

This is Steven Chew and I’ll be coordinating as well as working on the Eternal Championship. Firstly, I’d like to thank everyone for providing their input. It’s very encouraging as a developer to hear from players who are engaged in the content that we create. I’ve been going through the posts on this feature for Game Update 4.2, and wanted to give some insight on what we’re trying to achieve with this.

As mentioned in the stream, this is meant to give the solo player (with companion) a series of challenges that gets progressively harder. The goal is to have the first 5 rounds be achievable by players who have just completed the first 9 chapters of KotFE, but with some additional elements. By successfully completing Round 5, they will get gear that is better than what they’ve been able to get from the story content. Beginning in Round 6, the challenges will start increasing in difficulty and building up to the final encounter in Round 10. We are still in the process of fine-tuning what the difficulty increase feels like.

The Eternal Championship provides an alternative way for solo players to get higher tiers of gear, albeit at a slower rate compared to Flashpoints/Operations. The highest rating gear will still be reserved for the more difficult group content as those require more coordination and effort from more players.

Looking through the posts in the thread so far, I’ve seen suggestions that match some of what we’re trying to do, some beyond the scope of this feature, and some additional ideas that are “that’s cool, we should consider that”. I’ll be keeping an eye on this thread so please keep those suggestions coming. I won’t be able to reply to each person individually, but will post an update when we have something substantial to share.

Again, thanks for taking the time. See you in game (from the shadows, you never know when a developer is stealthily following you around).
    Steven Chew | Senior Designer
    Note, wrt "The highest rating gear will still be reserved for the more difficult group content as those require more coordination and effort from more players."
    I don't think this is in any way to be taken as them changing their stance on the best loot dropping in (highlighted) HM ops instead of NiM ops.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Yay fixed the hologram issue

All the things I found on the internet mentioned forcing AA via the .ini file. Since I hadn't done that I figured I was in the clear as far as that fix went. Except it turns out setting the graphics to Ultra sets the AA to high in the graphics options in game which apparently still breaks them along with other things like the vertical beam of light on lootable corpses. Setting it to medium instead made everything work.

This game makes a lot more sense when my character isn't talking to/being talked to by nothingness.

HappylilElf on
  • MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    So, I just finished Chapter 1 for the Smuggler

Thoughts:
    That climax was weak. First, the codex entry spoiled the whole Nok Drayen and royal blood thing. Then the climax takes place literally in the middle of nowhere, fighting nothing but old droids, only for Skavak to show up like an afterthought. Then, after all that buildup, Nok Drayen himself turns out to be an entitled thug who then dies after a pathetic attempt to betray you.

There's also no real sense of accomplishment. You get told "you found Drayen's treasure, hooray!," and then exactly nothing changes. I know that would be incredibly difficult to pull off without upsetting game balance- they couldn't, say, give Smugglers millions of credits are something like that. But it's still disappointing that all the buildup came to nothing.

Also, the more I play through the class stories, the more I think it was a mistake to split them into chapters as opposed to books. They really aren't directly connected outside of the characters, and each one does at least attempt to have its own 3-act structure.

edited January 2016
    Mancingtom wrote: »
    So, I just finished Chapter 1 for the Smuggler

Thoughts:
    That climax was weak. First, the codex entry spoiled the whole Nok Drayen and royal blood thing. Then the climax takes place literally in the middle of nowhere, fighting nothing but old droids, only for Skavak to show up like an afterthought. Then, after all that buildup, Nok Drayen himself turns out to be an entitled thug who then dies after a pathetic attempt to betray you.

There's also no real sense of accomplishment. You get told "you found Drayen's treasure, hooray!," and then exactly nothing changes. I know that would be incredibly difficult to pull off without upsetting game balance- they couldn't, say, give Smugglers millions of credits are something like that. But it's still disappointing that all the buildup came to nothing.

Also, the more I play through the class stories, the more I think it was a mistake to split them into chapters as opposed to books. They really aren't directly connected outside of the characters, and each one does at least attempt to have its own 3-act structure.
    Well, get ready to be let down by the next two acts, because IMO they're weaker than the first

The class itself is pretty fun though. Are you a Gunslinger or Scoundrel?

finnith on
  • MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    Scoundrel. I like the versatility and mobility as opposed to staying in cover all the time. Also means I only have to find one cool-looking gun instead of two- these things are important when playing Pretty Princess Dress-Up.

Smuggler Chapter 1 Discussion, with comparison to Jedi Knight Chapter 1
    Ord Mantell was a really good hook, and the whole strange menagerie delivery was a neat aspect. It'd be better if each deal were more unique than "Skavak screwed you over, go kill things until the problem fixes itself," but it was still interesting.

Other than the ending, my big problem is that no one but the PC and Risha seem to have any personal stake in the story. Compare that to Jedi Knight, where Chapter 1 is almost as much about Kira Carsen as the Knight. I mean, Corso has Torchy, I guess, but that's it. Speaking of which, I do not understand why that isn't a usable item.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    About the Smuggler Ch1 ending:
    I liked it well enough. It's also neat that while Risha sounds like she admires her dad's antics in the past, she ends up bonding with you (one way or the other) enough to realize that shooting you in the face after everything you've done would be a step too far. Not to mention stupid seeing you have Corso or Bowdarr standing right next you. "Sure dad, I'll just kill the guy that survived a black hole and has his friend that happens to be a gun-loving redneck from a wartorn planet/8-foot murder-machine of a gladiator."

• KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Man chapter breaks are so annoying.

"Meet me in my office on coruscant"

"go back to your ship"

I WAS THERE TWO MINUTES AGO YOU GOOSE

• StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    "No, captain, you didn't come here through the spaceport. Go back to your ship and manually land at the spaceport before coming here."

Mancingtom wrote: »
    Scoundrel. I like the versatility and mobility as opposed to staying in cover all the time. Also means I only have to find one cool-looking gun instead of two- these things are important when playing Pretty Princess Dress-Up.

Smuggler Chapter 1 Discussion, with comparison to Jedi Knight Chapter 1
    Ord Mantell was a really good hook, and the whole strange menagerie delivery was a neat aspect. It'd be better if each deal were more unique than "Skavak screwed you over, go kill things until the problem fixes itself," but it was still interesting.

Other than the ending, my big problem is that no one but the PC and Risha seem to have any personal stake in the story. Compare that to Jedi Knight, where Chapter 1 is almost as much about Kira Carsen as the Knight. I mean, Corso has Torchy, I guess, but that's it. Speaking of which, I do not understand why that isn't a usable item.

Played a Ruffian Scoundrel myself and really enjoyed it. Myself I felt the relationship and bonding between the PC and Risha was enough for me to drive the story.

Also I think out of all the classes Trooper gets screwed the most with regards to chapter breaks. Garza has the tiniest most insignificant office and I always forget to get the Senate Travel quick travel.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Khildith wrote: »

"go back to your ship"

It's super fucking annoying, but at least they give insta-port items now

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

"go back to your ship"

It's super fucking annoying, but at least they give insta-port items now

With no cooldown. WOO!!!!!

Previously it was a question of whether I burn the cooldown or save it for another, possibly more convenient need...

• DWRoelandsDWRoelands Registered User regular
    Resubbed about 2.5 months ago, and I just love this game.

I've completed all eight class stories and I'm focusing on alliance/endgame stuff with my Sith Sorceror.

• DizzenDizzen Registered User regular

"go back to your ship"

Yeah, the game does a bunch of things well, but giving a solid sense of time passing between events is not one of them.

• RollsavagerRollsavager Registered User regular
    How good is KotFE compared to the class stories? Considering a fresh run through KotOR, KotOR 2, and then this if it is really "like KoTOR 3" as the title claims.

• htmhtm Registered User regular
    How good is KotFE compared to the class stories? Considering a fresh run through KotOR, KotOR 2, and then this if it is really "like KoTOR 3" as the title claims.

It's a lot better than most of the class stories. I'd say that only the Agent story is comparable in quality of the writing. In terms of production values, though, KotFE is several steps beyond anything else in the game. It's much closer in feel to a BW single player title.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I've just come back to this game after a year or so, maybe more. I am just floored by the monetization model.

You want more bag space, cash money, please! (Okay, cool, quality of life).

Hey, you want to customize your companion which now derives no gameplay-impact from the gear you previously farmed, SUBSCRIBE! (Okay, don't use a lot of companions in raids or end game content, so again, quality of life, maybe?)

Oh, you finished this quest? You want to access those quest rewards that aren't just reserved for the peasant class? HERE IS MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT!

Real money to un-show your helmet? Show off the titles you earned for being a founder or early adopter?

It's just compounded by the 120 Cartel Coins I earned for: early subscription, founder, continued subscription, is literally $1.20 USD over that year or more I wasn't playing.

Jesus fucking hell, EA. I get there is some money to be made, but fuck?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm not super impressed with the sw:tor pay model, but I always tell my friends its more like an extended demo unless you're a masochist.

There's enough content there to see if you like the game enough to subscribe, otherwise I wouldn't want to try to play free.

Yeah. WoW gave you until level 20 to subscribe. Here, there's just no limit--but you aren't going to have a good time unless you've forked over for all the quality of life stuff (which will cost a fair few months of subscription if you use cartel coins)

• VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    just ran solo mode star fortress heroics 4 times in a row and got the same two paladins each time. I'm not finding anything in the forums about any bugs like this. How can my luck be that bad?

VoodooV on
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    VoodooV wrote: »
    just ran solo mode star fortress heroics 4 times in a row and got the same two paladins each time. I'm not finding anything in the forums about any bugs like this. How can my luck be that bad?

Did you run the same heroic each time? I thought there were different paladins for each planet.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    The amazon bundle code is still up for peoples to use here. It's got 90 days and 2400 cartel coins plus Galactic Strongholds which unlock a bunch of stuff for free, all for 39.99 USD

And apparently I have a spare?

Moridin889 wrote: »
    The amazon bundle code is still up for peoples to use here. It's got 90 days and 2400 cartel coins plus Galactic Strongholds which unlock a bunch of stuff for free, all for 39.99 USD

If you've bought and used it once, is it possible to buy another one and use it? Or is this a one-time-only thing?

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

Did you run the same heroic each time? I thought there were different paladins for each planet.

There are, but there are four paladins for each planet, but only two on each run.

It's possible that Voodoo's game rolled the dice and came up with the same two paladins four times in a row, though.

edited January 2016
    It really wrinkled my brain because the first run was last week, got the cheevos for the first two. then today, ran the solo mode 3 times...each time, same two. Was working on Hoth btw. I'll probably try again later tonight or tomorrow, but I was starting to get rather peeved, so figured I just needed to walk away. At least I racked up a lot of companion kills for the Imp starship droid.

VoodooV on
    Shadowen wrote: »

There are, but there are four paladins for each planet, but only two on each run.

It's possible that Voodoo's game rolled the dice and came up with the same two paladins four times in a row, though.

I don't know how people get two, I can only ever find one.

And I really want that Fallen Knight title for my Sentinel.

Orca wrote: »

If you've bought and used it once, is it possible to buy another one and use it? Or is this a one-time-only thing?

That is what I did today, and why I now have a spare one

So.....

Nope!

Orca wrote: »

That is what I did today, and why I now have a spare one

So.....

Nope!

Well, shit. Better you than me?

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I've seen people say that if you used their older pre-kotfe bundle code (that had the old expansions and 60 days instead of 90), that you can use this current bundle once as well. I haven't tried it myself though.

But you can definitely use the similar bundle that origin sells directly though (if you haven't already, that is)

SaraLuna on
    finnith wrote: »
    Shadowen wrote: »

I don't know how people get two, I can only ever find one.

And I really want that Fallen Knight title for my Sentinel.

one is before the praetorian, the other is usually on the map just before ephemeris/exarch Usually have to take one of the side paths to get to them. Dulfy has a pretty good guide on them.

yay! Perhaps the RNG is not completely conspiring against me, finally got one new paladin.

This discussion has been closed.