As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Minneapolis Gamers

TroyTroy Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Critical Failures
Just thought I would throw this out there for anyone in the minneapolis area.

The Souce Comics and games is hosting a big D&D event this sat Nov. 3rd.

There are going to be a few guests and they are as follows:

1) World class fantasy illustrator - Jeffrey Easley
2) Primary Architect of 4th Edition - Mike Mearls
3) World class RPG writer & game author - Kenneth Hite
4) The guy who started it all - Dave Arneson

I'm going to go simply to meet Arneson, but I would also like to see what Mike Mearls has to say about 4th edition.

Anyone going to go?

Edit: Also there is a "special sale" which basically means 50% off of everything/or off one thing I can't remember either way thats a kick ass deal.

Troy on

• Options
    guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    oh, shit, I forgot about this...I might go, I'm not doing much on Saturday anyway.

gurusloth on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hey if you see me holler!

I'll be the scrawny white guy with glasses.

Troy on
  • Options
    MuzzieMuzzie Registered User new member
    edited November 2007
    As long as Minneapolis Gamers are posting here...anyone know of any place to find like-minded people? I've lived here for about 4 years and haven't gamed since I moved here. Admittedly I'm not a D & D player, more of an L5R and 7th Sea type...but I have a wide variety of likes/dislikes.

I'm just looking for something casual, once a month, twice a month maybe...but I miss it.

Muzzie on
  • Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Troy wrote: »
    Hey if you see me holler!

I'll be the scrawny white guy with glasses.

ok you'll stand out :D

seriously though, you guys have to grill Mearls and report back please :P

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Any idea on time? I'll probably look it up later tonight when I get home.

I'll have to see if I can make this, it might be interesting.

Ardor on
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm in Eden Prairie (West of mnpls), and I've never table-top gamed, but I'm trying to convince the wife that we should get into it.

I'm also up for some hot console action otherwise.

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    templewulf wrote: »
    I'm in Eden Prairie (West of mnpls), and I've never table-top gamed, but I'm trying to convince the wife that we should get into it.

I'm also up for some hot console action otherwise.

I'm also from EP myself, I plan on grabbing a friend or two and just checking it out. I can't usually find a stable time to play, but used to play D&D when I was in school still.

Directions aren't too bad, I figure I'll get there for when the place opens and stay for an hour or something, we'll have to see.

I went to go find this since I may find somethere there a friend might like.

2007_DD_Dayweb.gif

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    It seems like there's a bunch of MN peeps who want to game, we should do it. I'm thinking Saturday evenings, like 6pm to whenever. Who's interested?

gurusloth on
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, I wanted to get to that D&D thing, but I had to take the car in, then go to a birthday party in St. Paul.

I'll ask the wifey about D&D. She doesn't seem all that interested, but she occasionally reads Dragonlance books for fun. You'd think she'd be all up ins. Up Ins.

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Tell her there will be punch and pie.

gurusloth on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I went, but I could handle the huge number of people and only stayed for about an hour. I got to talk with Arneson, which was as s akward as one would expect. I was also going to try and grill mearle but there was a fellow essentially telling him how 4th edition "Should" be.
    I instead bought some new shiny dice and a pack of star wars miniatures...oh and one of those kick ass chessex grid maps. Oh I've wanted one for oh so long time.

The key to bringing the wife by the way is informing her that she will be the bell of the ball.

They eat that shit up.

Troy on