As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Podcast Thread] I Guess The Earth Is Flat Now

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Yeah the McElroy clan is great but they are putting out way too many things for anyone to reasonably listen to

I would have to abandon every other podcast I listen to and even then it would be like an extra hour or two a week

Have you tried listening to two podcast at the same time

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    Yeah the McElroy clan is great but they are putting out way too many things for anyone to reasonably listen to

I would have to abandon every other podcast I listen to and even then it would be like an extra hour or two a week

Have you tried listening to two podcast at the same time

My god.

CYpGAPn.png
    At one point when I was deep cleaning my apartment and frequently going between areas I had a bombcast going on in one room and the P4 Endurance Run in the other and would tune in and out as I went

CYpGAPn.png
  • nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Hmmm when listening to two podcasts at the same time is it better to go with two podcasts by the same people? Or do you embrace it and listen to two podcasts by different folks?

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Apparently there are people who listen to podcasts sped up, which is absolute madness to me.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

edited January 2016
    Probably the latter because it is easier to separate two distinct set of voices in your mind

Peas on
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Apparently there are people who listen to podcasts sped up, which is absolute madness to me.

A dude I know came into the game store we frequent with a Magic podcast playing at like 1.5 speed and I immediately was like 'what the fuck are you doing' and he was weirded out that I even noticed. It sounds TERRIBLE

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated

I just googled and it seems that there are people claiming that it sounds like normal after they got used to the speed
    That's kinda interesting

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    It turns out that teens were actually the superheroes the whole time.

sig.gif
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

A dude I know came into the game store we frequent with a Magic podcast playing at like 1.5 speed and I immediately was like 'what the fuck are you doing' and he was weirded out that I even noticed. It sounds TERRIBLE

There are actually a LOT of people who do this, to the point where I remember someone writing into the bombcast to tell them their 'normal' voices sounded weird to them now

Its insane to me

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Peas wrote: »

I just googled and it seems that there are people claiming that it sounds like normal after they got used to the speed
    That's kinda interesting

I've worked with sped-up audio before and you do sort of get used to it, but it definitely doesn't sound "normal". It also kind of fucks with your brain? I always feel sort of jumpy afterwards.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Man I'm hesitant to go out the door without at least 4 hours of podcast buffer

I would never ever listen at more than 1x

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    It makes sense if your listening time is limited and you can deal with it.

I imagine some would do the same with audiobooks.

sig.gif
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I can understand doing it for audiobooks. The biggest reason I don't listen to them is because they take so long. I can spend like 10 minutes reading and get through more than like an hour of audiobook.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    I've never been interested in audio books. I can read better and faster than the guy on the tape can, and I definitely don't absorb a story as deeply if I'm listening to it as I do reading it myself. I save my books for when I have time to read.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

SimBen wrote: »
    It makes sense if your listening time is limited and you can deal with it.

I imagine some would do the same with audiobooks.

Madness.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    My one audiobook experience is listening to Stephen Fry narrate The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I probably already experienced the peak of the medium

Oh hey so Podcast thread, if you ever see the power rangers talk in here and wonder what the fuck those PR nerds are talking about again, Shout Factory (the company that does the DVDS for Saban) is doing something pretty awesome this weekend

They are streaming the first 7 episodes of kyōryū sentai zyuranger, the show Power Rangers is based on, for free on shoutfactorytv.com this Saturday, starting at 9 AM PST, hosted by an expert on Japanese monsters, sentai, and everything in between

It'll be a cool way to take a look at some of the really weird shit they somehow turned into power rangers if you're at all curious, and the host is gonna give a bunch of history, etc if thats your bag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H1S4mQhifo

I'm pretty excited as I've only seen bits and pieces of it and also because it means I get to wake up on a saturday and watch power rangers and pretend to be a kid for a few hours

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Now Chincy how does one pronounce Zyuranger
    Can you clarify that for us

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    getting stephen fry to be the voice of a guide was the best decision the HGttG movie made

edited January 2016
    I like the HGttG movie

It has a great cast

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    getting stephen fry to be the voice of a guide was the best decision the HGttG movie made

Alan Rickman was pretty good as Marvin

Grey Ghost wrote: »

uh

yes

you um

its 'jewranger'

THIS IS NOT MY FAULT THATS JUST HOW YOU SAY IT

I like the HGttG movie

It has a great cast

I have it on bluray.

It's pretty good.
    also zooey deschanel is really cute in it.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Hitchhiker's Guide feels like a "you had to be there" thing to me, cause I have tried to read it many times over the last decade or so and BOY do I just not enjoy it

6F32U1X.png
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Hitchhiker's Guide feels like a "you had to be there" thing to me, cause I have tried to read it many times over the last decade or so and BOY do I just not enjoy it

It could just not be your thing.

Try Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency.

I think if that were true most of us here wouldn't be fans, we're too young

I read it 20 years after it came out and loved it

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular

uh

yes

you um

its 'jewranger'

As a Jewish person

This makes me super happy

Now I'm imagining a menorahzord

I'm gonna be real dissapointed if the jewrangers don't defeat the forces of Treif with their Kosher Kannon

I think Hitchhiker's Guide is just something you have to get into when you're really young, and then you have it forever

At that point I had probably seen dozens of things INSPIRED by it, that going back to the "original" wasn't as impactful

6F32U1X.png
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    well also humor is incredibly subjective

uh

yes

you um

its 'jewranger'

As a Jewish person

I'm gonna be real dissapointed if the jewrangers don't defeat the forces of Treif with their Kosher Kannon

The Kosher Kannon is a pretty good name for a sentai attack

I'm also just kinda generally resistant to the tentpoles of British comedy

I tried watching the IT Crowd, guys, I really did try

Bounced right off of me

6F32U1X.png

uh

yes

you um

its 'jewranger'

As a Jewish person

Well, they fight Satan. Who, if I recall correctly, is a Christian thing ("satan" in the Old Testament/Torah being not a specific individual, but a term meaning "adversary"). So, uh, not sure what that means exactly.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I'm going to be brainstorming jewrangers stuff all day

The menorahzord has to have a dreidel fist that it can fire like a rocket.

I think Hitchhiker's Guide is just something you have to get into when you're really young, and then you have it forever

At that point I had probably seen dozens of things INSPIRED by it, that going back to the "original" wasn't as impactful

Nah, I was in my late teens before I picked it up and loved it. There's no real formula for it. Just one of those things that either clicks for you or it doesn't.

Out of curiosity, have you ever read any of Terry Pratchett's work?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

uh

yes

you um

its 'jewranger'

As a Jewish person

Well, they fight Satan. Who, if I recall correctly, is a Christian thing ("satan" in the Old Testament/Torah being not a specific individual, but a term meaning "adversary"). So, uh, not sure what that means exactly.

Please Joel

'Great Satan'

We must maintain the correct honorifics

Nah, I was in my late teens before I picked it up and loved it. There's no real formula for it. Just one of those things that either clicks for you or it doesn't.

Out of curiosity, have you ever read any of Terry Pratchett's work?

I'm pretty sure I read one Discworld book in junior high but I couldn't tell you which one or anything about it

I meant to buy and read Mort after he died but never got around to it

6F32U1X.png
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular

uh

yes

you um

its 'jewranger'

As a Jewish person

Not just any Satan. Great Satan.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    Man I really need to get around to trying out Discworld.

I bet I'd love it.

Most is so good

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.