As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Urgent Plantronic 370 help

Lord MaloryLord Malory Registered User regular
Since TF2 came out again, and with COD4 upcomgin, i got back involved heavily into the shooter world. So to treat myself, i decided to get myself a nice headset. I originally got a RAZER barracuda, but it was a bit too expensive and didnt yield discernable results. Now i have a Plantronic 370, which looks awesome.

Heres the problem:
1 - Sound comes through it, beautifully.
2 - In windows "record sound", my voice can be recorded via the mic.
3 - In Steam Account Profile page, i can test the mic and be heard.
HOWEVER, in the games i have to spend several hours on :
Counter-Strike, DoD, and TF2, i get no voice output, not eve the team-silenced output
resulting from testing the mic in the options.

If anyone has an ideas on how to get this to work ill owe you big time.
Thanks

LordMalory.png
Lord Malory on

• Options
    ThandorThandor __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    I have nothing meaningful for you to contribute but I thought I would take this opportunity to mock you as well as do you a favor and bump your post:

A) Sounds like you need some help and/or advice.

B) Wow! This sounds really urgent.

3) Reboot.

Thandor on
  • Options
    jlrxjlrx Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I dont know what your idea of a nice headset is for a game, but a simple logitech USB headset will do wonders. my favorite part is that the USB headset acts as it's own sound device , meaining I can take advantage of my expensive sound card and surround sound, and use the headset to seperately hear only voices and talk through.

jlrx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    You're holding down the voice chat button, right? It's like, v or something...?

TM2 Rampage on
  • Options
    FanciestWalnutFanciestWalnut Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    jlrx wrote: »
    I dont know what your idea of a nice headset is for a game, but a simple logitech USB headset will do wonders. my favorite part is that the USB headset acts as it's own sound device , meaining I can take advantage of my expensive sound card and surround sound, and use the headset to seperately hear only voices and talk through.

Hold on it's actually possible to separate the sound like the xbox headset?

FanciestWalnut on
  • Options
    Lord MaloryLord Malory Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    1) Thanks, I needed the bump and the encouragement.
    2) i deserve mockery, for being unable to get a simple headset to work in my favorite games, when the microphone will record my voice any other time (windows sound recorder is fine)
    3)the 370 has noice-cancellign headphones and a sweet look to it. There is no push/mute button like on the Logitech. Once in game, push-to-talk is controlled entirely by button assignment.

Note: Everything SHOULD be working fine. The computer recognizes it as a microphone/headset device, but i just noticed this before i passed out around 5am. When i plug in the logitech and fiddle with sound, then the voice recording/playback options goto logitiech USB Headset, instead of my standard 5.1 speaker set and audio crap. This headset doesn't do that. It sits on the original settings, but gives great sound output, and can record through the microphone into the STEAM main login panel (but NO games). ONly other thing I can do I check and see if ventrilo, as third party software, will let it work. If not, and tech support can't help me, I guess its another logitech for me. theyre just so damn uncomfortable. (Im replacing mine after two years because its getting a bit bendy and one of the speakers sounds like its out)

Does that explain things any better?
    As awlays, thanks for the love.

audio370.jpg

I mean, it looks sweet too, hrm?

Lord Malory on
    LordMalory.png
  • Options
    TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I think you ought to ask Valve on www.steampowered.com or something.

TM2 Rampage on
  • Options
    jlrxjlrx Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    jlrx wrote: »

Hold on it's actually possible to separate the sound like the xbox headset?

Yes , it should be, in windows control panel, when you go into the audio box, you can select individual devices for different kinds of playback, thats not really what im talking about, but you are able to do that in some programs, like in teamspeak - I cant promise you that you can do it in TF2, as I dont use a headset in TF2, but its possible to seperate sounds from different sources.

jlrx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited November 2007
    You might try your query here if you haven't already.

Ramius on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, this forum is for technology based discussion. For quick help, try Help/Advice like Ramius suggested.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png