As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Vaping is not a Crime: My Mod is TC and My Coils are DL

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Also cultures centered around a specific product are almost always horrible creations.

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Yep, it's just Big Vagina pushing their pro-vagina message onto kids

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    I saw a lady vape up or whatever you'd call it in a boarding area in an airport once. It was a odd and no one stopped her which I found real weird.

I also know a guy with one of those $900 vaporizers but I don't think that's for tobacco. But jeeze what a lot of money to spend!

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Ever notice how all the "WE BUY GOLD!" stores went under and got replaced with vape stores that are now going under?

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Making us think vagina is dangerous is all part of Big Gay's PLAN

@Keith

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I saw a lady vape up or whatever you'd call it in a boarding area in an airport once. It was a odd and no one stopped her which I found real weird.

I also know a guy with one of those $900 vaporizers but I don't think that's for tobacco. But jeeze what a lot of money to spend!

It's called "Vaging up"

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I guess because I grew up around smokers, I really like seeing people vape

No matter how you cut it, it's healthier and smells better. It's not a 100% perfect solution to smoking, but it's a heck of a step in the right direction

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

No matter how you cut it, it's healthier and smells better. It's not a 100% perfect solution to smoking, but it's a heck of a step in the right direction

Yeah my dad smoked to the day he died. We used to try to get him to quit.

My mom quit cold turkey one day but my mom is hard core.

• Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

This is why it bothers me, because those assholes who cause people to constantly do vape memes would be assholes with or without vaporizers or cigarettes. But me? I'd still be smoking without e-cigs.

No I don't.
    I also don't see a lot of smokers just make the switch because it's healthier. If someone smokes, and is content with smoking, they will more often than not just continue to smoke. Vaping targets the smokers who want to quit, to give them a slightly healthier (but still extremely detrimental) and often just-as-expensive alternative. So in my mind it's actually take a lot of people who maybe would have quit smoking altogether and saying 'no no, let's not do anything drastic!' Just do this thing instead! It's swapping regular coke for diet. Sure it's healthier, but you'll never see a health professional advocate that particular course of action when 'don't drink soda' is right there

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    4pa9o66qlc9v.jpeg

Night Vape.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    I treat vaping the same as smoking, and never do it inside buildings. I love the jokes that get made about it, it's hilarious to me. I'm also pretty considerate of others and never do it if there are kids around, because that makes me feel awkward.
    All in all, I don't really care if you smoke or vape.
    I generally take all the studies done on e-cigs with a grain of salt since a lot of the information is inconclusive. There was one, maybe a year ago that claimed they generate really carcinogenic fumes, but only when you fire the device for way over the recommended time. Most people hit vapes in under ten seconds, and this study was hitting them for well over that and causing the device to overheat.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Damn kids and their fancy electronic vaginas, can't just use a natural vagina like the rest of us. This generation I tell you.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    edited January 2016
    Javen wrote: »
    I also don't see a lot of smokers just make the switch because it's healthier. If someone smokes, and is content with smoking, they will more often than not just continue to smoke. Vaping targets the smokers who want to quit, to give them a slightly healthier (but still extremely detrimental) and often just-as-expensive alternative. So in my mind it's actually take a lot of people who maybe would have quit smoking altogether and saying 'no no, let's not do anything drastic!' Just do this thing instead! It's swapping regular coke for diet. Sure it's healthier, but you'll never see a health professional advocate that particular course of action when 'don't drink soda' is right there

Don't smoke isn't there for some people. Not everyone can give up addictions without major help.

I know I couldn't. I tried for years. But I get addicted to things easily, it's a mental thing for me. Part of my ADHD.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.

Don't smoke isn't there for some people. Not everyone can give up addictions without major help.

I'm fine with vaping as long as it's not the end goal. But the vaping market absolutely wants it to be. It's part of the reason the culture has been manufactured around it. The patch and the gum are very utilitarian. They're something you do so you can eventually not have to do anything. If vaping were that, I'd probably have a much higher tolerance for it. But instead, they treat it as a solution, instead of a stop-gap, because that's not condusive with their business model.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    There's a skate shop near my store and one of guys that works there is constantly standing in the middle of the sidewalk blowing clouds with a vape rig big enough to club a man to death with.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I understand that smoking is a powerful addiction, but that doesn't mean I'm not getting angry when my asthmatic mother gets hit with a blast of smoke right outside the door of a restaurant or store because the smokers/vapers aren't willing to stand the mandated distance from the door because of bullshit like it's cold or raining or they just don't feel like it. Then she can't breathe and has to get home ASAP to do a breathing treatment while being weakened for days.

I am quite honestly surprised I never once took a swing at at least one them. I very much wanted to grab the cigarette from their hands and smash it into their faces whenever this happened.

I'm fine with vaping as long as it's not the end goal. But the vaping market absolutely wants it to be. It's part of the reason the culture has been manufactured around it. The patch and the gum are very utilitarian. They're something you do so you can eventually not have to do anything. If vaping were that, I'd probably have a much higher tolerance for it. But instead, they treat it as a solution, instead of a stop-gap, because that's not condusive with their business model.

Vaping isn't a smoking cessation product. It's an alternative. Its marketing is only being honest about what it is. It's not something I want to see people do if they don't already smoke, but I'm also not one to treat people who smoke like they're children.

No I don't.
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I don't think I've ever encountered a Homo vapien in person.

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Vaping can work quite well for helping people to quit though. Obviously it's still just an alternative to the habit of smoking, but I know a bunch of people who used it to slowly wean themselves off nicotine, so that then they just had to break the habit rather than the habit and an addiction.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    My biggest issue with it is that it's trendy so kids who might not have started smoking will start vaping.

Triple checked that post.

Lorahalo wrote: »
    Vaping can work quite well for helping people to quit though. Obviously it's still just an alternative to the habit of smoking, but I know a bunch of people who used it to slowly wean themselves off nicotine, so that then they just had to break the habit rather than the habit and an addiction.

This is what I'm slowly doing. The fact you can step down how much nicotine is in the liquid is ridiculously awesome.

No I don't.
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Something something Vagina Flavors.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Yep, I know people who never smoked who are big into vaping and are obnoxiously self-righteous about it to boot.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Vaping is like weed. It's alright but some people get really into it.
    edit- whoops, I have a bad habit of leaving words out of sentences.

Gvzbgul on
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Vaping is weed. It's alright but some people get really into it.

Wait, it is? No wonder it makes me so mellow.

No I don't.
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular

Vaping isn't a smoking cessation product. It's an alternative. Its marketing is only being honest about what it is. It's not something I want to see people do if they don't already smoke, but I'm also not one to treat people who smoke like they're children.

Yeah, NPR ran an article this week about how people that use vaping as a smoking cessation product don't really see results.

Also there is a "pussy juice" vape liquid flavor so the thread title is pretty accurate.

• No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    People who vape are annoying. P sure it's genetically linked.

But good for you not smoking anymore, beware your new pitfalls. Also thanks for reminding me to call my cousin. Who vapes literally 7 hours a day.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Not that it matters, but I generally try to be accommodating with where I vape. I think a lot of people are like this, but it's the ones that act like they can do whatever that generally cause this negative view on people that do it.
    When I was in the vape shop a year or so ago, there were two old ladies there and one was telling her friend how she can adjust the wattage on her device and take stealth hits in the supermarket. I really wish I could see this G in action, it would make my day.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Has anyone made a MGSV e-cig model vape rig yet?

That seems like prime material for terrible nerds.

With vaping existing, I'm finally comfortable with a slow but steady movement to illegalize or the heavy taxation of tobacco products to get people to switch. I wasn't before because it really fucks over people who can't quit, but vaping is a viable alternative.

No I don't.
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Vaping can help you quit if you use it that way. You can buy the stuff with lower and lower doses of nicotine

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    My only experience with people who vape has been telling people that "no, you can't do that in here, this is a coffee shop, please put it away or leave" so my vaping experience has been 100% negative.

Of course not everyone who vapes is an asshole, just unfortunately they all have been in my personal experience. What folks do in their privacy of their own home is not really my business and does not concern me.

Inquisitor on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    It's just water vapor, what, are you going to ban WATER next, hurr hurr hurr hurr

• MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    My biggest problem with vaping is when people act like they can just vape anywhere they like. At least with smoking, they go outside.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    My biggest problem with vaping is when people act like they can just vape anywhere they like. At least with smoking, they go outside.

It especially stands out where I live because you can't even smoke outside here. So people that vape stick out like the sorest of thumbs.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I almost googled "popcorn lung", but on second thought, nah, I'm good

as for people vaping where they shouldn't, the last time I ordered food from the diner in the basement of the building where I work, I saw the cook vaping in the kitchen through the food service window

which is why it was the last time I ordered food there. I very nearly walked out as it was.

"Hey, can I use a USB to charge my book?"

"No, sorry, I'm charging my cigarette."

The future is dumb.