As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Webcomics Ship has Sailed

• EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Whose child was Marta's?

We haven't seen her in the strip before, but from the way Fugue said that he sent the others after her son, I'm assuming her son is the Phagocyte.

Well, more likely the kid he thought was the new Phagocyte, who is actually not at all since the old one is still alive. And I'm kinda sure that she was the fortune teller doing the seance earlier, but I can't really check at the moment.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Yes he does cracked as well

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    people identifying as female sure do talk a lot huh
    people identifying as male sure can't handle a lot of talk

I think it's more the concept of her being a beautiful geek that blew his mind. And, um, other parts of his body from each other.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    notfunnyagain.jpg

• CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    There are people, man.

Doing things.

Makes you think, doesn't it?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    people identifying as female sure do talk a lot huh
    people identifying as male sure can't handle a lot of talk

I think the joke is that his shock at his preconceptions of gender roles being challenged caused him to explode, not that she talked him to death
    nope that's wrong it's the infatuation thing

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    There are people, man.

Doing things.

Makes you think, doesn't it?

Yes! Yes, it does.

713.png

714.png

Looks like Otti found dog jesus

l3icwZV.png
  • MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    215.jpg

Judecca's got half the ingredients for rabbit stew, now

l3icwZV.png
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    You people are blind!

The man is encountering an attractive women who is single and connects with him on a great many hobbies and displays a great deal of intellect and his very flesh rends itself in agony as he tries to figure out a way to have a genuine human conversation with this person without seeming like the neckbeards who frequent his shop.

Been there, body felt like doing that.

The women at the shoe shop brought up how hard it was to play Command and Conquer: Tiberium Sun due to the resolution being so low.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    oh God please not the text dump comics, listen I hold off on commenting on a lot of things in these threads but I have a thing where I reflexively read the text of almost anything in front of me and I cannot handle that guy's comics

Please, for the love of God

Please at least spoiler it

dN0T6ur.png
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    The man has a terrible acquired autoimmune disease he got from being bitten by a blackfly on a recent trip to brazil that causes his immune cells to target and lyse muscle tendon cells, and they just ate through the last bit of connective tissue holding his body together

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    jamsy wrote: »
    That's a very ... wordy page.

Virus Comix has not updated in sometime
    randyshobbystore.jpg

he's not exploding because she's a hot lady who knows about models he's exploding because she won't fucking stop talking

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Jjm6mWU.png

BEWARE the COUNCIL OF BITCHES

http://www.scarygoround.com/

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    qMVGnuH.png

You people are blind!

The man is encountering an attractive women who is single and connects with him on a great many hobbies and displays a great deal of intellect and his very flesh rends itself in agony as he tries to figure out a way to have a genuine human conversation with this person without seeming like the neckbeards who frequent his shop.

The women at the shoe shop brought up how hard it was to play Command and Conquer: Tiberium Sun due to the resolution being so low.

I like this interpretation better, I'm switching my vote to the royce platform

BahamutZERO.gif
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    2016-01-21-leverage.png
    dumbingofage.com

Yep, she pulled the blackmail card.

surely this is where amazigirl's grievous physical assaults could at least satisfy the audience

I just realized that he's doing in panel 1 what she's complaining about doing in panel 6.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    someone call amazigirl, this storyline needs some heavier fuckin' hands

I didn't read it very closely before I came to my previous interpretation, reading it more closely it's definitely more what royce said, he's exploding because he's overloading with how much he wants to hang out with her

BahamutZERO.gif
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Spitting some venom, alright

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    Sad thing is I can easily see Ruth chickening out and Mary holding her relationship with Billie over her for a few more stories/chapters.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    ih9tula.png
    skpTqHr.png
    UonMM2y.png
    yh0tY7y.png
    ObUxhdJ.png
    QwGsBOS.png
    UC7VBCb.png
    1C3cXrv.png
    ZzQ2fFC.png
    X6mmmLf.png
    X2Ak4R7.png
    W83xXLh.png
    TRnqqsE.png
    Yw2xxZI.png
    ImzcGlU.png
    yk5QznH.png
    z0ehrqf.png
    jvFOXvT.png
    Abpwf85.png

So that park where No-Rae and her ex would hang out is the same one that No-Rae and Seol-A were walking around holding hands in. Doesn't really matter, just kind of amusing.

Also gawd seol-a you sure talk a big talk considering you turned tail and ran the moment ex-boyfriend showed up... Which is probably exactly why she's trying to talk such a big talk now, I guess. Maybe she'll even convince herself it's true.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    also, it's not gender identity - it's just called gender

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • l_gl_g Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    You people are blind!

I like this interpretation better, I'm switching my vote to the royce platform

It can actually be both at the same time.
    This woman is talking his ears off... but she's talking about things he loves and nerds out about, and with an amount of detail to and to an extent that implies extreme nerdiness.
    She's also Hollywood beautiful and dressed in a way that you wouldn't expect somebody with those inclinations to be, and that is already cause for "I don't know what to do HALP".

Net result is total loss of system integrity, as is normal.

l_g on
    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
    I find that if you talk to hobby shop owners for too long their skin starts to melt off regardless

Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I like this interpretation of explody-guy comic, but it also makes me sad because it seems like just a one-off joke and we're not going to see them become a happy and well adjusted couple with many shared interests.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    2016-01-21-leverage.png
    dumbingofage.com

she can't prove fraternization, and she should have already told her RA about Becky's roosting beforehand
    girl ain't got any real leverage

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    jamsy wrote: »
    That's a very ... wordy page.

Virus Comix has not updated in sometime
    randyshobbystore.jpg

he's not exploding because she's a hot lady who knows about models he's exploding because she won't fucking stop talking

Are you at all familiar with Virus Comix

dN0T6ur.png
    Dubh wrote: »
    2016-01-21-leverage.png
    dumbingofage.com

she can't prove fraternization, and she should have already told her RA about Becky's roosting beforehand

But will Ruth be clear enough of mind at this particular moment to realize that?

• MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    2016-01-21-leverage.png
    dumbingofage.com

But will Ruth be clear enough of mind at this particular moment to realize that?

0mLbmBQ.png

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

You are now hearing Jack Nicholson saying, "You know the first rule of combat?"

Aistan wrote: »
    I like this interpretation of explody-guy comic, but it also makes me sad because it seems like just a one-off joke and we're not going to see them become a happy and well adjusted couple with many shared interests.

what if this was how all romance comics ended

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Paladin wrote: »
    Aistan wrote: »

what if this was how all romance comics ended

I guess it would at least be an ending instead of endless what-ifs, misunderstandings, and missed opportunities.

Aistan on
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

You are now hearing Jack Nicholson saying, "You know the first rule of combat?"

If you watched any stretch of Cowboy Bebop, heard any of the soundtrack, this should be the least surprising thing about the series. I mean fuck.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ6a5kjR3sc

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Okay so I mentioned a few days or so ago that I wanted to a fandub of the latest bit in Paranatural as soon as it wrapped up.

Well I just finished the audio. It's little rough, but I've never worked on something this long in such a short time. And I think it's some of my best voice work. I reeeally liked reading this. Paranatural is the best.

Video is in progress, but the audio is ready if anyone gives a shit. Links to the relevant pages are included in the SC info.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

This discussion has been closed.