As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dark Cloud 2 on PS4 - Still Dope

Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
latest?cb=20150908125207

I love Dark Cloud 2.

I don't love having to play it on my busted ass PS2 on my shitty CRT.

But now, I can play it again on my PS4 all fresh and new!

What a cool game. It certainly has some 13 year old quirks but it's so fun coming back to it.

GEORAMA!!! Why why why don't more games do this the way this game does? Minecraft and all those other types of game have that element but I've never loved it as much as I do here.

Taking a look at missable content and holy shit. If you don't grab a shot of the first boss
firing a missile,
you are SOL for a bunch of inventions. That's some old school video game shit right there.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    is there a way to disable scott menville's horrific VA on ps4

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    God, I really loved that game.

Spheda made me love golf; before that, it was just something Arnold Palmer did.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Fuck Spheda, fuck the volcano

VRXwDW7.png
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Fuck Spheda, fuck the volcano

Your mom fuck's Spheda.

Darth Waiter on
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    I keep seeing people say Spheda was great.

I remember NOTHING about it except that I sucked at it.

I finished up Chapter 1 last night and am itching to get into some Georama business.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I never got around to this one, but the first dark cloud was great

uc3ufTB.png
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Dark Cloud 2 continues the tradition of great games where you can beat people up with a wrench

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    I never got around to this one, but the first dark cloud was great

Weapons cannot permanently break in this one, making it approximately infinity times better.

Bought this on Tuesday then immediately put it aside for Darkest Dungeon, games are starting to come thick and fast but I hope to spend some time with it when I can.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh yeah! One of my top 5 RPGs of all time.

I need to get this!

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    This game is up there for me with My Life As A King in the amount of overlap between my nostalgic fondness for it and desire that someone, anyone, anywhere had ever made any game like it again.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    How I describe Dark Cloud 2.

"Its kind of like if you took Sim City, simplifed it a bit, then mixed it with a dungeon crawl jRPG"

I love this game and the fact we never got a Dark Cloud 3 is a damn shame.

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I am buying this game again as soon as I get paid

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Dark Cloud 2 was so good. Definitely in my top three favorite PS2 games, which is some pretty high praise. I actually played it recently, but will probably download it again anyway just because.

Is Minecraft and such not big in Japan? I can't imagine looking at "Zelda meets Minecraft" on paper and then not instantly moving mountains to make that game.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I want someone to take Georama, with the online mode from White Knight Chronicles, and just make a full fledged game from that. Custom create your hero, get rid of the static repeated dungeons from WKC and have all dungeons be randomly generated for layout and monsters.

For town building, make it an RPG in itself to find and recruit the best NPCs to populate your town, but your town can only be so big, just like WKC. So you can't have ALL the shops, you need to find the right NPCs to have a level high enough to have the best shops for armors, weapons, cloth goods, food, whatever. Then you go online with your friends, hit up various dungeons for loot to sell back in your town (to use the monster drops to buy new gear, similar to Etrian Odyssey) and raise your shop levels even more.

This would be my dream come true for Dark Cloud 3.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular
    That sounds an awful lot like Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    And why a developer hasn't thought to combine those two games, with a robust online-multiplayer experience, is beyond me.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

So it's only like 3 1/2 years since I made this thread and I put 7 hours into Dark Cloud 2 and it's a Sunday and I just want to lounge in front of the tv playing Dark Cloud 2 and you know what? Still great.

Shit, I kinda want to play Dark Cloud 2.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i never played 2 but i have extremely fond memories of the first one

uc3ufTB.png

I feel like 2 is better than 1 in every single way.

I picked up both on PS4 and 1 is okay still, but certainly not a hidden gem or anything. But 2, man, 2. I just lounged around, grinding some weapon upgrades and building my village and recruiting some folks and it still super sucks that they never made a sequel. That Dragon Quest Builders is in the same vein but doesn't have the same vibe DC2 does.

I forgot that the opening to this game was getting chased by evil clowns before running into a little homeless kid who gives you a gun.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular

I feel like 2 is better than 1 in every single way.

I picked up both on PS4 and 1 is okay still, but certainly not a hidden gem or anything. But 2, man, 2. I just lounged around, grinding some weapon upgrades and building my village and recruiting some folks and it still super sucks that they never made a sequel. That Dragon Quest Builders is in the same vein but doesn't have the same vibe DC2 does.
    You could argue that the town building is a little more freeform in 1 (and I vaguely remember liking the fishing in that game too, but it's been a very long time), but I generally agree that 2 is so much better.

Kinda want to play some spheda now, so I can launch the ball off course 95% of the time all over again.

I always read the "Off Course" message as "Of course".